First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-05-20 16:00:14  
Asura.Vyre said:
Odin.Liela said:
Is it bad that I am highly amused that the home page has threads "A Dream Within a Dream Journal" and "Seriously Wake Up Please" right next to each other? Tehehe
Hehehehe. That is quite humorous xD >.> Conspiracy theory: You totally wanted the Dream thread up there just for that joke xD

No way, I am completely innocent! Innocent of that, anyways. ~.^
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-05-20 16:02:34  
Odin.Liela said:
Dang Zicdeh, that's vivid! You could even feel the aerobic strain. Ouch.

Yeah, I also have a lot of issues with sleep paralysis too. Where you're awake and aware, but still paralyzed and unable to move. Those episodes are worse than any nightmare. Most, if not all of the "Alien Abduction" stories are sleep paralysis coupled with hallucination. I remember during one sleep paralysis episode, I felt like I was on the wall next to my bed(Couch actually, at the time) and I was actually looking down at myself sleeping.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-05-20 16:04:20  
Odin.Liela said:
Is it bad that I am highly amused that the home page has threads "A Dream Within a Dream Journal" and "Seriously Wake Up Please" right next to each other? Tehehe

?
edit: granted, this is as epic as well.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-05-20 16:07:46  
Lol wow, our thread title juxtaposition just rocks today! :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-05-20 16:09:17  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Liela said:
Dang Zicdeh, that's vivid! You could even feel the aerobic strain. Ouch.
Yeah, I also have a lot of issues with sleep paralysis too. Where you're awake and aware, but still paralyzed and unable to move. Those episodes are worse than any nightmare. Most, if not all of the "Alien Abduction" stories are sleep paralysis coupled with hallucination. I remember during one sleep paralysis episode, I felt like I was on the wall next to my bed(Couch actually, at the time) and I was actually looking down at myself sleeping.
You get more interesting every time you post Zicdeh. At least to me, anyway.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-05-20 16:10:27  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Btw Liela, that dream might be interpreted as someone who is too quick to trust someone else completely; idk :X

Which one? The babysitters or being frozen in place?

Edit: There needs to be a trustworthy and free site to type in dreams and get them interpreted, so when I am bored and curious I can see what my crazy head is doing up there without my permission!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2011-05-20 16:16:06  
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-05-20 16:17:35  
I wouldn't doubt it being something about being too trusting. I tend to think everyone I meet is fine and trustworthy until they do something to prove otherwise. :-(

As for the frozen one, I'm not sure where it's coming from in a literal sense because my friends and family are typically all safe. So knowing someone is about to be hurt and being stuck frozen in place while it happens, I don't know. It's illogical. I wake up mad at myself for not being able to break out of whatever is holding me, or else I wake up feeling like nothing I could do would help them.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-05-20 16:26:08  
It's a recurring nightmare in which someone I love is getting hurt or about to get hurt and I can't move, scream, yell, or talk in any way. I am frozen in place and the only thing I can do is watch while they are harmed. It tends to be different people I love every time, so it's not centered around any one single victim. Illogical, I know. :/
By zahrah 2011-05-20 16:30:38  
I can't remember my dream from last night, but I've had a recurring stress dreams involving velociraptors since I saw 'Jurassic Park' at age eight or nine. It doesn't matter how much time passes, if I have any anxiety, I can count on being chased by velociraptors in my dreams.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-05-20 16:33:57  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Odin.Liela said:
I am frozen stuck, can't move, can't scream, can't talk, I can only stay stuck and watch it happen. That's my most common dream/nightmare.
That is the closest to death a human being can get (forgot the name of it), do not fear it tho.

D: !!!
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-05-20 16:35:41  
The velociraptors in Jurassic Park were my favorites! I'd hate to be chased by one, but I loved them in the movies. They were so smart (Clever girl!) and dangerous! So much better than boring old T-Rex.

Er, but stop getting chased by them, that's no good.

Post deleted by User.
By zahrah 2011-05-20 16:41:39  
Odin.Liela said:
The velociraptors in Jurassic Park were my favorites! I'd hate to be chased by one, but I loved them in the movies. They were so smart (Clever girl!) and dangerous! So much better than boring old T-Rex.

Clever girl indeed! I wish I could. It only happens once in a blue moon though.
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-20 16:46:58  
zahrah said:
Odin.Liela said:

Full moon was recently wasn't it...coincidence?

Edit: or coming up soon.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-20 16:47:34  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Btw Liela, my mention is meant for the dreams (not a visual dream tho) when you are awake and see everything around you but you can not scream, move, or anything; just frozen there waiting until it goes away in which you do not awake after but rather continue to sleep when it finishes.

What is this called? I swear I've done this in class before; I can see/hear everything going on but I can't move my body or talk or anything then I just suddenly snap out of it after a while.

Edit: nvm, seems different than what I was doing. :O
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-20 16:53:17  
Sleep paralysis

It involves the process in which your body shuts down or starts back up after dream sleep.

Atonia occurs during sleep to prevent you from kicking or moving during sleep (also why people can't sleep standing up). Sometimes in some people consciousness kicks in before Atonia shuts off which results in sleep paralysis

In some people the process can be delayed and sometimes be accompanied with hallucinatory experiences.

It's not harmful unless it's accompanied with another disorder such as narcolepsy.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-05-20 16:57:45  
zahrah said:
Odin.Liela said:
The velociraptors in Jurassic Park were my favorites! I'd hate to be chased by one, but I loved them in the movies. They were so smart (Clever girl!) and dangerous! So much better than boring old T-Rex. Er, but stop getting chased by them, that's no good.
Makes me remember the line, "Shoot her! SHOOT HER!"
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-20 16:57:46  
That's it! Ty, it happened a few times during class when I had my head on my desk and I wasn't sure why. >_> Worried me.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-05-20 16:58:03  
Thank goodness I don't think I get sleep paralysis. Must just suck for poor Zicdeh! For me, I think I can still move and such in real life, but in my dream I am stuck in place. But then again, I'm asleep at the time, so who the devil knows. The human brain is an odd, awkward, amazing, crazy, spectacular and completely incomprehensible thing to me. O.o

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-20 17:05:35  
Ah, okay. lol You had me worried with the way it was worded. D:< but yeah, I think it was sleep para; or something like it. Only happened a few times a few years ago.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-20 17:14:29  
Yeah, I don't think i've remembered many of my dreams or even dreamt in a long while
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-05-20 17:36:11  
I don't always dream. But when I do, I usually have nightmares about natural disasters or aliens.

Stay terrified, my friends.
 Bahamut.Feisei
サーバ: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-05-20 17:49:31  
I seem to have very vivid dreams as Zicdeh does. Two nights ago i had one that goes like this:

Me and my friend had just entered 711 when i noticed out of the corner of my eye a man next to my car messing with its lock only to notice he had a key to my car. This baffled me as i have the only 2 keys to my car, on my key chain and in my wallet. As i ran out the door he managed to get inside my car, turn it over, and drive away with it. Fast forward(is it normal for dreams to jump ahead in time?) Im at my friends house a few blocks away from 711 and we are going to go hunt for my car because we think we saw it drive down a certain street that is a dead end. We hop in his car and set search for it down the dead end street only to notice that there is a new gorcery store at the end and we see my car parked outside. We go inside looking for the guy thinking me and my friend will give him a beat down. When we find him he has the key he used to get in my car around his neck and a gun pointed at the police(they popped up out of nowhere). Shots were fired and he fled the scene with my key still around his neck. The last image i saw before i woke up was him holding my key and this look on his face, i dont think i could describe it but its almost like a "ill be back" kind of look.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8