Bismarck.Moonlightespada said:
Trust me ya guys don't wana know WTF my dreams are about
Yes. Post them.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-05-20 21:35:20  
I don't recall most of my dreams, as I forget the details shortly after waking up. My ex- used to be able to remember dreams very well, though--supposedly keeping a "dream journal" and writing down the details as soon as one wakes up helps one recall dream-details better and better each time. Eh. :p

I do have a recurring dream of walking around with a blanket draped over my shoulders and carrying a pillow while walking around in public (dressed in normal clothes.) I never once did that in real life, but dream about it all the time--although it does sound like the sort of thing that could happen while living in the dorms in college, or maybe after some natural disaster. :p In the dream I'd just play it off and try to wrap the blanket over my shoulders like a big shawl and make it look like I was carrying the pillows somewhere. LOL >.>;;

The other recurring dream I have is driving a car with "mushy" brakes...it would always be slow to stop or slowing around a corner, and I'd always end up bumping other cars stopped at a light ahead of me, or taking turns too widely and I'd ding some car parked alongside the road LOL. Probably some deep-seated/subconscious neurosis about getting into an expensive accident and having to notify my insurance company. :p
 Phoenix.Ingraham
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-05-20 22:07:33  
I try to draw my dreams ASAP if they're interesting (and if I still remember them). Obviously I won't be able to get the whole thing down, even remotely similar, but I try to make use of that lingering feeling as fuel for the picture regardless.

Usually it's dungeon crawling involving bizarre structures and buildings. Except I'm stuck wearing half a sock and half-ripped Spongebob boxers. And there's nothing at the end except for a host of shadowy yet vaguely familiar people to mock me. It's very awkward.

Best one was the one where I was in a weird lookin' hall best described as a family entertainment center built by the Zilart. Except in place of a ball pit and a floor, it'd be a pool of funky green acid lined with errant razor heads at the visible bottom. This, for some reason, meant I was compelled to somehow make it across the room using the tiny slits in the walls, big enough only to grip with my fingers. Of course, as with many dreams, this also means I have the speed, dexterity, and agility of a three-toed sloth. After what seemed to be hours passing by, my painful climb across the hall's walls ended promptly when tiny sharp blades materialized inside the slits mowing down the only thing supporting my weight; my fingers. Definitely felt a quick pinch as a I woke up, only to fall back asleep and to dream about outdoor barbeques.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-05-20 22:10:27  
Phoenix.Ingraham said:
I try to draw my dreams ASAP if they're interesting (and if I still remember them). Obviously I won't be able to get the whole thing down, even remotely similar, but I try to make use of that lingering feeling as fuel for the picture regardless. Usually it's dungeon crawling involving bizarre structures and buildings. Except I'm stuck wearing half a sock and half-ripped Spongebob boxers. And there's nothing at the end except for a host of shadowy yet vaguely familiar people to mock me. It's very awkward. Best one was the one where I was in a weird lookin' hall best described as a family entertainment center built by the Zilart. Except in place of a ball pit and a floor, it'd be a pool of funky green acid lined with errant razor heads at the visible bottom. This, for some reason, meant I was compelled to somehow make it across the room using the tiny slits in the walls, big enough only to grip with my fingers. Of course, as with many dreams, this also means I have the speed, dexterity, and agility of a three-toed sloth. After what seemed to be hours passing by, my painful climb across the hall's walls ended promptly when tiny sharp blades materialized inside the slits mowing down the only thing supporting my weight; my fingers. Definitely felt a quick pinch as a I woke up, only to fall back asleep and to dream about outdoor barbeques.
:o Very cool.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-05-20 22:14:58  
Phoenix.Ingraham said:
I try to draw my dreams ASAP if they're interesting (and if I still remember them). Obviously I won't be able to get the whole thing down, even remotely similar, but I try to make use of that lingering feeling as fuel for the picture regardless.

Usually it's dungeon crawling involving bizarre structures and buildings. Except I'm stuck wearing half a sock and half-ripped Spongebob boxers. And there's nothing at the end except for a host of shadowy yet vaguely familiar people to mock me. It's very awkward.

Best one was the one where I was in a weird lookin' hall best described as a family entertainment center built by the Zilart. Except in place of a ball pit and a floor, it'd be a pool of funky green acid lined with errant razor heads at the visible bottom. This, for some reason, meant I was compelled to somehow make it across the room using the tiny slits in the walls, big enough only to grip with my fingers. Of course, as with many dreams, this also means I have the speed, dexterity, and agility of a three-toed sloth. After what seemed to be hours passing by, my painful climb across the hall's walls ended promptly when tiny sharp blades materialized inside the slits mowing down the only thing supporting my weight; my fingers. Definitely felt a quick pinch as a I woke up, only to fall back asleep and to dream about outdoor barbeques.

I wish I had the talent to convert thought into image like that. I'm better with words, but those are open to more interpretation than may be fitting. It's kind of frustrating, knowing what you want, but not being able to properly manifest it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-05-20 22:26:02  
It's kinda funny because I'd consider that a 'good dream'. It's less fear and more excitement, plus I can get something outta it (drawing fodder).

Genuine nightmares to me are the typical boring stuff, like unintentionally hurting someone or my laptop and tablet exploding for no reason.

Then occasionally I'd get a dream that would troll the hell outta me. It would hype me up with "OMG YOU JUST GOT THIS NEW CONSOLE AND IT HAS THE ULTIMATE 351 HOUR ARR PEE GEE THAT YOU ALWAYS DREAMED OF", only to find that it's a glitched cart or made outta pudding. If I made it past that point then (had one where it was "FFXI-2 Portable HD" that apparently shared the same servers as FFXI), I would for some reason crush the game then eat it.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2011-05-20 22:33:38  
I haven't had a dream I can remember for... much longer than I'd like. About 6-7 years ago over the course of a year I had a reoccurring dream about being in a plain, window/door-less room that was empty except for a standing lamp with a rather weak light.

Basically, my shadow would be rather solidly defined rather than fuzzy along the edges. And then someone/something humanoid would begin to emerge from my shadow and I'd wake up. Creepy as hell. :/

I also had a zombie apocalypse dream once around that time. Well, it was more Resident Evil meets Clock Tower, I suppose. That one was pretty awesome. Nightmare-ish at the time, but I look back fondly on it now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-05-21 00:08:15  
Fenrir.Schutz said:
The other recurring dream I have is driving a car with "mushy" brakes...it would always be slow to stop or slowing around a corner, and I'd always end up bumping other cars stopped at a light ahead of me, or taking turns too widely and I'd ding some car parked alongside the road LOL. Probably some deep-seated/subconscious neurosis about getting into an expensive accident and having to notify my insurance company. :p
I've had this exact same type of dream. Not necessarily about driving, although I think I've had that one too, but about all sorts of things I'm doing. Just, all my reactions are really sluggish and unresponsive, so even though I'm reefing on the steering wheel (or trying to turn my body) or slamming on the brakes, it's just not responding.

What I find really interesting about dreams is the definition of dreams vs nightmares. Ingraham, your first description sounds like a total nightmare as you describe it, but then you end by saying that it's much more a sense of excitement than fear, and not actually nightmarish. On the other hand, I know I've had nightmares that no matter how well I explain them, wouldn't sound nightmarish at all. Even to myself after waking up I've found myself thinking, how the hell was that a nightmare? There was nothing scary about it at all, yet it still gave me this massive sense of dread as I was having it.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-05-21 00:25:53  
Odin.Blazza said:

I've had this exact same type of dream. Not necessarily about driving, although I think I've had that one too, but about all sorts of things I'm doing. Just, all my reactions are really sluggish and unresponsive, so even though I'm reefing on the steering wheel (or trying to turn my body) or slamming on the brakes, it's just not responding.

What I find really interesting about dreams is the definition of dreams vs nightmares. Ingraham, your first description sounds like a total nightmare as you describe it, but then you end by saying that it's much more a sense of excitement than fear, and not actually nightmarish. On the other hand, I know I've had nightmares that no matter how well I explain them, wouldn't sound nightmarish at all. Even to myself after waking up I've found myself thinking, how the hell was that a nightmare? There was nothing scary about it at all, yet it still gave me this massive sense of dread as I was having it.

LOL in the driving dreams, I'm always slamming my foot on the breaks and wrestling with the steering wheel, all the while knowing with sad certainty that I'm going to bump someone else no matter how hard I try. :p

But yes, the "dream logic" (i.e. the transitioning/segueing between scenes or progressions between events occurring in the dream) is always so lucid and reasonable while in the dream, but hardly ever makes sense after one wakes up and starts analysing things...so I think it is that level of 'comfort' and 'acceptance' or 'suspension of disbelief' of even bizarre events that determines whether something is just a fanciful dream-image or some threatening/fear-inducing nightmare event. :/

Phoenix.Ingraham said:

LOL that's a great rendering of dream imagery! It reminds me of that HP Lovecraftian "Non-Euclidean Geometry" he always describes for the alien/otherworldly structures. :p
 Shiva.Deadlydiva
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Deadlydiva 2011-05-21 00:37:07  
All my dreams are honestly X-Rated, I'll leave it at that... >:D

Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-21 00:42:39  
dajociont dreams daily of having a cupcake wife in a cupcake world with a cupcake house and a cupcake corvette

myself, i don't dream, ever, though i've heard the statement that even if you don't recall dreaming yourself, everyone does, no matter what, so i suppose what i mean to say is that i don't recall dreaming, ever
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2011-05-22 13:03:14  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
dajociont dreams daily of having a cupcake wife in a cupcake world with a cupcake house and a cupcake corvette myself, i don't dream, ever, though i've heard the statement that even if you don't recall dreaming yourself, everyone does, no matter what, so i suppose what i mean to say is that i don't recall dreaming, ever
lolol

Ok, so as my fever rollercoaster I believe it is affecting my subconscious. >_>; At least, I would think so...

Last night I dreamt. In my dream Slipispsycho was there, well, his avatar anyway. Though I know it's not a mithra it reminds me of one, so he was standing there with the generic mithra body plus avatar head. We were in Tavnazian Safehold arguing. His voice literally made no sound, but I understood every word. We were arguing apparently about another dimension's Final Fantasy 1. In said other world Final Fantasy, apparently in the Water Temple or dungeon or Sunken Shrine or whatever, you have to outrun a butt load of sharks on the 5th basement. Then we were arguing if whether or not they referenced that with FFXI and Al'Taieu. In my dream Sea has a back door exit into a cave that goes deep under the water. All the water turns a deep fluroescent blue, sort of like this . The normally light freaky blue/green stone color slowly transitions into a deep dark grey. Anyway, I was arguing to Slip that other world FF1 was reference, and that I could prove it by fleeing and aggroing every shark on the way to that cave.

We entered Sea, I hit flee, Slip hit flee, and we started running. Everything in Sea was laid out differently. Jailer of Love spawned from a huge island in the middle, which is normally where you enter in our Al'Taieu. Tons of UFOs clustered above this island and around it. I agroed every single one of them. Then there was a straight shot line of sharks all the way to the cave. Agroing all of them as well I continued running, though I was unable to feel it. The only senses that come to mind were the sounds of my footsteps on the water(sounded like it does in game), and the sight of what was in front of me. Down into the cave I spiralled. There were about 30 sharks after me, and Slip was right beside me. We hit the bottom. Suddenly I begin to raise up into the air, and begin to be teleported. The last thing I see is Slip flipping me off with both fingers.

End teleportation sequence. I'm in the real world. I am inside of a cathedral. Everything is dark yet illuminated slightly by candlelight, and there are tons of stain glass windows up high. About 50 feet up. Each about the size of a double door entrance to somewhere like Wal-mart. The furtherest one on the right is one of Noah's Ark riding a huge wave. The one to its left portrays Jesus's baptism. The one to The Baptism's left is a picture of Jesus's face, and above it is Jesus ascending to Heaven with his apostles looking upon him. I could not make out any more of the window's portayals.

One of my older brothers spooks the hell out of me as he places his hand on my right shoulder. He says, "I'm glad you could make it tonight. I have an awkward feeling." I turn and look at him. He is wearing priest's clothing, and he has died his dirty blonde hair to black. Suddenly behind me, up at the stainglass windows, Noah's Ark explodes into fragments of glass which then seem to melt and ooze down the cathedral's old stone wall and support column. The Baptism explodes in the same fashion, as do the ones that I could not make out. Giant red winged demons, which look like the red ones in FFXI mixed with Goliath from that cartoon Gargoyles(love that cartoon), appear in each window's place. The window with Jesus's portrait and Jesus ascending does not explode, but Jesus ascending turns into a picture of fire raining upon his apostles. The portrait of Jesus begins to transform. It grows horns(similar to Tiefling horns from DND), the eyes turn red with no pupils, and the face turns an illuminated black. He's smirking, and where you would expect fangs or something other than teeth are simply teeth. His clothes that you can see turn from robe to tuxedo.

My brother and I jump up 50 feet to the windows, and we dispatch each gargoyle-demon. When our eyes turn again to what I would assume is Satan's portrait we can no longer act. No longer can we move. Satan begins to come out of the portrait. He comes to me first, still smiling that big old grin(I guess he was Leo Struting :O!), and he pushes me ever so slightly. I fall out the window, plummeting to the ground.

My vision goes black, and all I hear is a sickening thud. When my vision returns it is day time, and I am on my current house's driveway. I am unharmed. I stand up, and as I stand up I see tons of lumberjacks downing every single tree around my house. I shout to ask them why they are cutting down my trees, and they reply that the trees now belong to them. As the last tree trunk topples over I awaken.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-05-22 13:05:55  
There's definitely a lot of product placements in my dreams.
By zahrah 2011-05-22 14:28:52  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Oh God! They've gotten to you too?!?

LOL!
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2011-05-22 14:40:14  
zahrah said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Oh God! They've gotten to you too?!? LOL!
Suddenly Futurama.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-05-22 14:44:36  
Asura.Vyre said:
zahrah said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Oh God! They've gotten to you too?!? LOL!
Suddenly Futurama.

Get your lightspeed briefs today!! by 1 get one more for the price of 2!!
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-05-22 14:58:18  
last night, my dream started with me at this kinda family carnival thing held in a store parking lot. i went around and played some of the games, and then my dream turned into me actually in ffxi, and we were exploring a new zone, that was split into elements, divided by fences (think la theine without the mountains and ravines). then it went back to the carnival and me playing this game called The King's Kingdom or something, and its like a minecart game where you have to keep from crashing while going through different places in the kingdom.

then i got into a competition on the game with two other guys. then my dream turned back to being in ffxi and i was working on getting gear.

then i was at this train yard, that was both active and a museum. it had a lot of really interesting brick buildings, and a lot of old train car styles and while i was there there was someone i couldnt see doing a tour of the train yard. then i go to look at this old blue tanker car, and a train coming through derails and nearly hits me, but i didnt really think anything of it.

then i go back to the station and look around, and then i go to the bathroom, and wake up with a huge wedgie =/
 Shiva.Francisco
サーバ: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2011-05-22 15:17:20  
Two nights ago, I had a dream the Red Sox traded Kevin Youkilis for four scrub players I never heard of. It was terrifying.
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-05-22 15:28:35  
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-24 04:21:07  
Weird dream of a couple nights ago. I was on a cruise ship with many other friends for a vacation or something, when suddenly at night we start sinking in a very Titanic-dramatic way. Many people died in the accident while a few of us could get out of the ship and started swimming, but after a while our energies were starting to run low. But lucky enough! The ship sank next to a small island so we reached it by swimming, helping each other. Very few of us were saved! But in the morning instead of mourning we were partying like we were in a resort! There was also a friend from my server(Pedi)who was playing poker dressed as blue mage(I remember he had Mavi hat, relic body and hermes' sandals!). Pretty sure he was winning(the veil must help when you play poker!).

Fun stuff.

edit: oh I forgot in our group there was also this weird ugly girl who kept following me the whole time, no idea who the faf was that.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-24 04:54:07  
I dreamed some guy stole my wallet while i was in a change room... Don't know if that meens anything.
 Cerberus.Ddbone
サーバ: Cerberus
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2011-05-26 11:38:56  
A little insight into dreams, if you are interested a little fact and opinion might demystify some stuff. (read at bottom for tips for remembering dreams. You may not believe me, but we are all have many dreams a night 10+ at least)

I should preface this with the fact that I have been a lucid dreamer for many years. I am fairly out of practice now but when I practiced hard, I could do it probably 2-3 nights a week with extremely strong control.

This is the understanding of dreams that I believe most. I know there are many opinions on the subject. When we are asleep our body is "turned off" so to speak. Only our eyes ears and autonomic functions remain active. We are essentially paralyzed. This is factual and easily proven when we hear a sound and it wakes us up or we see the sun come up it wakes us up. The inner ear also still functions, as if you roll out of bed you usually have a dream of falling due to the sensory input experienced by the inner ear. REM is due to the eyes not being paralyzed but the body is. Some people experience this when they first wake up they cannot move the body. Most forget that state.

This paralysis is believed to be how the body protects itself from thrashing around during a dream state. This function is suppressed in some by varying degrees which leads to night terrors sleep walking etc.

The dream is a sort of extension of this. Our mind in its waking state is taking many sensory inputs (sight sound touch taste etc) and combining those to create our awareness of where we are and whats happening around us. This is a natural state of being. When we are asleep, the brain still attempts to build an awareness of the surroundings, but is extremely limited due to the lack of sensory input, therefor it uses past experiences to fill in the gaps. Much like the famous "blind spot" in the eye, the brain is incredibly good at filling in gaps.

This filling in happens while you are awake too.

For example, I tell you "I got gum today". I have barely given you any information, but you're brain has already started filling in gaps from past history creating a story. It is probably assuming that I bought it in a store. Probably a convenience store, on the corner. With a little old man or lady maybe at the cash. I probably used money to buy it with, maybe change or a small bill, probably not debit or credit.... The story can grow and grow. From this you can probably assume I had some extra time today if I stopped somewhere to buy gum. Likely on my way to or from work since I have a full time job. This story can continue to grow and grow if you keep thinking about it. This is how our brain works. It takes data provided, combines it with sensory input and lets us know about situations around us. This can probably be called human intuition. The ability to "fill in" blanks to create a whole story. Or multiple stories if a decision is involved.

Can you see where I'm going? maybe not because I'm rambling.

Our brains does not stop when we are sleeping. It simple slows activity or heightens activity depending on where we are during a sleep cycle. So one can assume the brain is always taking sensory inputs and filling in blanks using our past experiences and history to complete the picture. What if there is little to no sensory input, in this case the brain is filling in for all the gaps. This leads to dreaming.

Another example:

I'm sound asleep, my brain has reached the stage where the brain is as active as it is while awake, yet my body is paralyzed. The only sensory input comes from my ears. I am still, so no inner ear function and it is pitch black, so no input from my eyes. Thus there is only 1 sensory input, sound. Just then my heater turns on with a loud "bang" followed by a hum. My brain hears this and immediately begins filling in the story. Last time I heard a similar bang, I was at work. My brain just placed me at work, then it branches farther, magically the people from my work appear (work makes me think of those people), and I'm dreaming about work. You see how the branching works? One of my co-workers happens to remind me of my wife. All of a sudden my wife is at work too. Wait I branched again, my wife made my brain branch again and i appeared at home, now I am dreaming of my wife at home. So on and so fourth.

Does that remind you of your dreams, appearing in different places, people in the wrong places etc, but the right people that you know, in incorrect situations?

Probably because all of our dreams lead into other dreams, or we wake up for a very short time (most do not remember if not trained). This happens many many times every night. Infact most mornings people dream about getting up and getting ready before they wake up. The branching starts when the sun comes up, or they hear someone else up in another room getting ready etc.

I hope that can clarify some stuff for people, if they choose to believe this as I do. There is alot of opinion in there and some fact, so take it how you will I do not claim this is "correct" in any way. I just want to give some food for thought as I have explored dreams, both while asleep and awake for many many years and feel the insight is valuable.

PRO TIPS (lol): If you want to remember your dreams. The last thought before falling asleep should be "I will remember my dream". Then typically that will be your first thought as you awaken. Until trained you will only remember your dream details for a few fleeting seconds. Keep a tape recorder beside your bed ready to describe the dream as you first wake up. Another tip that works but is quite unbelievable is to lay back to in the same position you were when you woke up, incredibly stuff will come back to you. Also when you play the recording in the morning usually extra details will pop back.

Interestingly enough, even lucid dreams are like this. Fully conscious while asleep and dreaming, as soon as you wake up, you will begin to forget the dream, as like a normal dream.

If anyone is interested in more methods to explore dreams just say the word and I will spew. I have tons of tricks and tips for would-be dream explorers. If you think your dreams are cool now, imagine being in full control experiencing them from you own eyes. Situations you imagine will become reality in front of you. Some have reached a level of control where every dream is lucid, almost living a second life while asleep. Cool stuff for me!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-29 06:28:36  
Copying these over from the random thoughts thread.

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
:3

If it's actually possible I'm certain I'll be able to do it eventually though! D:<
I will allow you to troll me as long as there are no spiders lol..

I also can't stand spiders. I had my mom pick me up from my boyfriends house one time at 3am because there was a spider in my car.
Yeah spiders suck... But when I was a kid I had a nightmare about spiders that just kinda stuck with me... So I prefer to keep them out of my dreams...
I had a similar experience, although not with spiders..

When I was about 4 or 5, I had a dream I was sleeping in the bed with my grandparents and felt something crawling on my leg, I pulled back the cover and there was literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of those crawling all over me, my grandparents, the covers, the bed, just everywhere..

I'm now a 25 (almost 26) year old man, with few phobias/fears (flying and needles are the only two that even come close) absolutely terrified of those damned things.. I scream and run away like a little girl when one gets near, and I'm sure when one flies on me It's quite the spectacle.

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Basically I was reading about lucid dreaming and theories on shared dreams. Then I came upon something about this 'creature' called the hag who'll like give you horrible nightmares and give you super serious sleep paralysis. I didn't read it all because the illustrations freaked me out.

I can tell if I'm dreaming easily since I can do weird things (usually transform into an animal), assuming I question the reality.
a friend of mine had this happen sometimes, he referred to it as like a demon of some sort and would lay there with me across the room screaming in his mind to try and get me to wake him, but he was completely paralyzed. The dreams seemed lucid and he knew he was asleep, was thankful as hell when I did wake him by chance once while "paralyzed." He said it happened very rarely.

I never took it too seriously
The closest thing I have ever experienced to that is something of a recurring nightmare for me, being chased by this thing I can't explain, in fact when I'm awake I can't even begin to describe it, in any sense, not what it looks like, not how it sounds, it's almost intangible..

Anyways, I halfway know I'm asleep, not enough that I can take control of the dream, and not enough to really grasp 'it can't hurt me' but enough to know that all I have to do is wake up.. But I can't. This thing will chase me for hours, through different dreams, the entire night, I feel absolute terror and dread, I can only imagine it would be similar to being on a plane over the middle of the ocean at about 40,000 feet when the wings rip off and you know there's absolutely no hope, yet it will still take you a couple minutes to hit the water, you KNOW you're fixing to die, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it..

Often I wake up and I'm drenched in sweat so bad that I'm shivering from our A/C, I'll have to get up, get a towel, dry myself off (I don't even sleep with a shirt anymore because of this) get another, and lay it on the bed before I can go back to sleep (wife's in bed too, so I can't like take the sheet off or flip the mattress or anything, I just have to ride it out until morning).

Oh something unique/weird/random to add..

After we found out my wife was pregnant I had the oddest dream ever.. I dreamt he was already born, and I was holding him while cooking (with the oven, not the top burners) and I set him down on top of the stove so I could use both my hands for something else and when I went back to get him, he had melted, like a plastic doll..

I'm told this is normal and that most new parents go through this, it's fed by the fear of screwing up and doing something harmful to your baby, or something along those lines..

Still kinda freaked me out a bit though..

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-05-29 06:59:00  
Fenrir.Schutz said:
Odin.Blazza said:

LOL in the driving dreams, I'm always slamming my foot on the breaks and wrestling with the steering wheel, all the while knowing with sad certainty that I'm going to bump someone else no matter how hard I try. :p
I had this dream last night :o I had a small car, like a mini or something like that, but managed to pack 3 passengers into it. We came up to a round-about, and I just couldn't slow down or turn in time, so we hit the middle of the round-about and flew through the air, then bounced up a gutter and across someones lawn and through the bushes lol.

But then, in the next two dreams (same night) the car kept getting smaller. The second time it was like, a one seater, by the end of the third dream, I'd just had this big row with the "other" side of my family where I'd abused them and told them all where to stick it, then when I wanted to leave in a huff, I had to take the roof off my car to fit in it (it was like, smaller than a children's ride on toy by now) and then I couldn't reach the peddle with my foot 'cause my *** was covering the whole car lol.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8