Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 01:56:10  
Siren.Kalilla said:
I idle in my ebisu with a lizard lure LOL >_>

Edit: Who needs stats when you can have two items that give you nothing XD
Psh they give you feeshes. And feeshes are delicious... actually that reminds me I need to start doing my testing of stats gained from various hard to catch fish since they don't exist anywhere lol. I'll need an item that lets me eat raw fish first though
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 01:57:45  
Siren.Kalilla said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Getting the 2 new fishing items too? I think I'll get the skill one but don't know about the instinct one... knowing what was on the line was easy enough before the update. Now it's just rediculous and then improving it more lol.
I've discovered that when you get Angler's Senses the stamina recovery when moving the rod the wrong way is reduced by 30% Now, +1... that can either mean you get the message more often or the effect is enhanced more (maybe 40%, I'll find out when I get it a hold of one) As for the other item, definitely I'll be getting it.
Oh yeah I forgot about that.... haven't really fished much since they update and forgot about mentioned that
By Nandaryu 2011-05-14 07:39:31  
Narval allows you to eat raw fish.

If anyone is interested in farming marbles and runes quick. There is an easy way to farm marbles if you can get help from a second person for 5-10 min. Have the second person come on a low level job that you can sync to. Sync before you speak to rediroq moblin NPC. Unsync after you have entered the maze and the sync can go AFK. (don't know if this is legit. I would ask a GM if wasn't currently moving.). Otherwise could run lvl10-30sync pts in there. Dasva and wiki give a detailed walkthrough for the rest as far as what to do and what runes you would need.

頑張って‼
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-19 18:08:52  
Just got one of the two rings~ it actually is quite easy

Didn't use any runes, picked Claraisse, 12/9/1123, Watersday, 10:14, Waning Gibbous (62%).
 Valefor.Artemys
サーバ: Valefor
user: Artemys
By Valefor.Artemys 2011-05-19 18:46:07  
Siren.Kalilla said:
Just got one of the two rings~ it actually is quite easy

Didn't use any runes, picked Claraisse, 12/9/1123, Watersday, 10:14, Waning Gibbous (62%).
I need to get off my butt and try this also, Gratz!
 Quetzalcoatl.Scwall
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Scwall 2011-05-19 18:55:54  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Siren.Kalilla said:
Wow Dasva, fishing with your kitty rod. That's a true fisherman right there! XD
Naw the mark of a true fisherman is one that full times his rod and bait/lure and uses it whenever he is near water regardless of what is going on...

o/\o

Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-19 19:14:02  
"Pass wing pls"

Hold on a minute, I'm trying to fish here~

LOL
 Quetzalcoatl.Mrromance
user: romance
By Quetzalcoatl.Mrromance 2011-05-19 19:26:34  
lol scwall... get off our 400min for u to fish :P
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-19 19:29:34  
Quetzalcoatl.Mrromance said:
lol scwall... get off our 400min for u to fish :P
I'm so jealous though, 400 minutes to fish in abyssea... sounds so fun for me
 Quetzalcoatl.Scwall
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Scwall 2011-05-19 19:38:52  
Pulling up Nahn was pretty fun lol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-19 21:11:21  
I did some testing on Heron Ring. It reduces Stamina Recovery (while pushing the rod the wrong way) by 1. This may sound cool but I've found that Angler's Senses reduces it by 30%.

A reduction in 1 is very small, but for low level fishing it does help (I guess...).

Lets say your fishing Quus. The stamina recovery is 6 (not bad) and with Angler's Senses it is reduced to 4 (a reduction of 2). With Heron Ring it is reduced 1 more making it 3. Without Angler's Senses the recovery would only be 5 with Heron Ring.

Now lets say your fishing a... Ryugu Titan. The stamina recovery on it normally is 81 and with Angler's Senses it would be 56, a 25 reduction (very nice). But with Heron Ring it would only be 80 and 55 respectably.

So, I guess it is okay to have but it isn't going to make the difference. There are much better rings to use (anyone could of told you this, I just wanted to prove it).