WHM DD?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM DD?
WHM DD?
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-05-25 14:31:32  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Exp party? Sure. Nms? No thanks. I would rather a WHM focus on healing and not DDing. You wouldn't have use of a staff, lose out on decent amount of cure potency. A lot of NMs have nasty AOEs that silence etc. I wouldn't want any WHM of mine to be "DDing" NMs to speed it up, if at all.
Can offhand a Tefnut wand (15%), assuming you don't have a KC. Then you would only be missing out on 7% from Surya's +2 (Arguably could also use augmented Genbu's Shield but I imagine most would prefer the extra club). I agree on anything that spams AoEs such as Silence or high damage shouldn't be meleed by the WHM, but most canon fodder NMs should be ok.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-25 14:32:41  
I didn't give any advice. I gave my opinion, and will not retract it. If someone agrees with it, cool. If someone disagrees, cool. Personally I have more fun being back line, and feel that it's more efficient there as whm's main role.

And I know fastcast is precast. Some people prefer to use fc atmas. Theres no controlling that, should you be one of those people.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-25 14:33:00  
Yeah of course, I meant most serious fights. Anything can DD these days on fodder stuff.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-25 14:37:57  
They uncapped Fast Cast last update, do we know the new cap value?
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-25 14:42:54  
I haven't seen anyone put info on the new cap here. Time to check BG

Edit: nope. Some RDM will need to go check it out !!!
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-25 14:53:15  
Fenrir.Alexaundria said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
And I know fastcast is precast. Some people prefer to use fc atmas. Theres no controlling that, should you be one of those people.

Can control it by not needing to have it, especially if you can cap fast cast without it.

I'm not arguing or picking on anyone or anything. :O Just saying.

Yup. Which is why I focus my atmas toward mind and refresh. But as I've found recently, some like fc atmas. But if you're going to be dding you are not going to have that extra mind or fc or -enm that help your cures be stronger one way or another.
 Fenrir.Shishiza
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-25 14:56:23  
Fenrir.Alexaundria said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I am pretty sure it was only the job trait that was updated and not stuff from gear. I may be completely wrong. :O

This is from the Patch notes~
I think most atma enhancements are treated as if it was if gained from Equipment.

Quote:
The following job traits and attributes will see their maximum level of effectiveness adjusted by equipment, magic, and/or job abilities.

Critical Hit Rate / Critical Hit Damage / Beast Killer / Plantoid Killer / Vermin Killer / Lizard Killer / Bird Killer / Amorph Killer / Aquan Killer / Undead Killer / Arcana Killer / Demon Killer / Dragon Killer / Fast Cast / Kick Attacks / Skillchain Bonus / Conserve MP / Magic Burst Bonus / Snap Shot / Recycle / Ninja Tool Expertise

By Cathaldus 2011-05-25 14:57:21  
Fenrir.Alexaundria said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I am pretty sure it was only the job trait that was updated and not stuff from gear. I may be completely wrong. :O

Indeed, they specifically said the trait "Fast Cast."
 Fenrir.Shishiza
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-25 14:58:22  
Fenrir.Alexaundria said:
Well, see, that is what I get for not reading carefully.

Reading this thread made me go look again lol :<
By Cathaldus 2011-05-25 15:03:01  
I'm curious though, does this mean a whm/rdm with the Divine Benison +50% at 90 trait could break the casting time of 50%.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-25 15:13:41  

Profit?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-25 15:21:24  
Friend of mine has all of the major items from that set, give me like 10 minutes to do some testing.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-25 15:27:45  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Fenrir.Shishiza said:
I think most atma enhancements are treated as if it was if gained from Equipment.
This sounds about right and it's probably JTs do not count towards the equipment cap.
There's no known/reachable equipment-specific cap for most if not all of those traits, idiot.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-25 15:28:39  
People have had such a hard time testing fast cast @ and around old cap cause of lag and other bs it just seems like a difficult thing to test outside of testing how much FC is in one piece, I wouldn't expect the jury to come in on this any time soon.

I've said it before I'll say it again, it's pre-cast so just stack as much possible FC as you can and call it a day. screw fast cast atmas except for ASA
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-25 15:31:24  
Go too fast and you end up curing in that gear.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-25 15:32:56  
I certainly won't worry about a precast on my XBox, but it's nice to know how things work
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-25 15:33:18  
notevenmad.jpg

Guess I should stop feeding the troll. brb with some rough data

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-25 15:34:47  
Leviathan.Draylo said:

this happens with Apoc but with Apoc you can just cast again
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-25 15:37:19  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

No point in casting again for a marginal chunk of HP if it means wasting more MP than what you would've spent by casting at a slighly slower speed - which would've allowed you to put on the Potency set.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-25 15:42:12  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

No point in casting again for a marginal chunk of HP if it means wasting more MP than what you would've spent by casting at a slighly slower speed - which would've allowed you to put on the Potency set.

I never said the only reason you would cast again is to cast in your cure pot gear.. i'm just saying if it was a problem you could cast again without waiting on a timer there is no down side to it when it happens on Apoc, there could potentially be a "downside" to it happening with gear. Also with Apoc it's occasional no big deal with gear if it could/did happen it would be every time and would add up over time depending on what slots the person used to hit 50% cure pot and which slots they were using on FC.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-25 15:48:20  
Yeah. I dont use apoc on whm for that very reason. I found the new fc to be annoying for that reason too. It would go off in fc gear every time until I tested and adjusted it. Now it is just right.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-25 15:49:20  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

I never said the only reason you would cast again is to cast in your cure pot gear.. i'm just saying if it was a problem you could cast again without waiting on a timer there is no down side to it when it happens on Apoc, there could potentially be a "downside" to it happening with gear. Also with Apoc it's occasional no big deal with gear if it could/did happen it would be every time and would add up over time depending on what slots the person used to hit 50% cure pot and which slots they were using on FC.

That's why some testing will be useful to understand the point of no return, especially for outside Aby, where MP has higher chances of running low. Not trying to argue with you. Was just pointing out a side effect.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-25 15:50:53  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Yeah. I dont use apoc on whm for that very reason. I found the new fc to be annoying for that reason too. It would go off in fc gear every time until I tested and adjusted it. Now it is just right.

You were curing in your precast gear? what setup?

I currently use:

with full cure cast time merits and Ambition Atma (10% FC) and I'm pretty sure I'm not casting in my precast ***, I would need to check though I guess, haven't paid attention since the update.

Odin.Sheelay said:

Not trying to argue with you. Was just pointing out a side effect.

I'm just being defensive probably :)
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-05-25 15:53:14  
I really really really don't understand this mentality where people choose to level white mage and try to make it a melee DD. I mean the hint is in the name.

MAGE.

If you want a DD level a DD for the love of god. I know some people feel they have to go against the grain to achieve some sort of identity but this is simple to understand. White mage is for healing and buffing, if you want to DD play a different job.
[+]