Taipan Fangs question
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2011-06-30 12:51:36  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Are you thinking about the VIT claws and that -pdt set as a full time kind of thing? If so, I don't think it's necessary. I mean, totally awesome for an as needed type thing, but, as far as physical damage goes, you can counter so much, and, in my experience, the rest is pretty easily handled by a whm. Of course, outside it's a little different, too. Of my three sets of claws, I think my VIT ones are used the least. But... it is fun to bust out those extra high chakra numbers from time to time! :D

Nah this would be as a "im mnk/dnc and soloing something i probably should have a healer for" build.

Siren.Inuyushi said:
I believe he wants situations where there is no WHM and playing solo. Im leaning more towards stacking counter than -PDT, but hey....FFXI is situational.

Yeah pretty much, this is the kind of feetback i need though.

You'd probably be better off soloing using straight damage, even as MNK/DNC, and just swapping in your PDT gear for TP moves. I can't really think of anything you would want to fulltime PDT gear.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-06-30 20:42:41  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

Anyone know if the counterstance buff stays on after the armor comes off?

It stays
By Blazed1979 2011-07-01 21:25:38  
Taipan+2 earth path -10% pdt are very useful. I will swap them in instead of verethragnas when ***hits the fan. Like Bukhis or Azdaja removing your buffs.
I've duoed Azdaja from 93% without atmas and cruor buffs down to its death with the PDT set I invested in. Vere wouldn't have done ***in that situation but gotten me killed.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-01 21:28:36  
Not really, 10% shouldn't really be that huge of a deal, especially when you consider the fact that it'll take you way more than 10% longer to beat it w/ those as compared to vereth, so now you're making an already hairy situation last just that much longer.
By Blazed1979 2011-07-01 21:41:21  
PDT has increasing returns.
Taipan+2 allow you to cap PDT while at the same time not loosing too much on the offensive stance. How much dmg am I loosing by taking off vere's? I would say 30%. Ascetic's fury is still there and can deal some very decent dmg.
The Azdaja fights aren't even that long. Definitely a lot shorter than fighting brulo in capped fire resist solo as /dnc and using brother wolf atma.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-01 21:55:06  
I'm counting 47 PDT w/o defending ring, capping with w/ Vere.
By Blazed1979 2011-07-01 22:33:03  

-50% pdt
10% on Taipan, 5% on Dark Ring.
Ignore Eris earring etc, outdated tanking/oh ***set.