フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Spharai
Spharai
First Page 2 3 4
 Bahamut.Atoreis
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-06-24 14:04:27  
I'm making relic now and can't decide between Apoc or Spharai.
Just want to double check my knowledge. Since counter rate cap at 80% you need ~15% on top of counterstance with af2 feet and merits.
So Spharai + WoTG counter earring or Veret,Wotg earring,af+1 legs, augmented +3 gules leggings, Ultion mantle, augmented +3 shura hands. Both those are +14% (assuming Spharai 90 is +11) you can on top of that add earring, neck and shikkoku hatsubari. Veret set has only 19%haste and loosing few more things like accuracy,attack,set bonus,etc
Veret will lose on TP phase but should make it up fully or majority of it on WS. Spharai only advantage would be to go even more defensively and keep 80% counter with a lot of PDT for example. Am I missing something or this would be only advantage of Spharai other than having much better look of course.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 14:08:47  
The only thing Spharai have going for them are the counter+ on them. Vereth win hands down for dmg.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 14:09:02  
and what are you talking about? Spharai are one of the ugliest looking relics
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-06-24 14:11:41  
I'd get the one for whichever job you'll play the most. It would suck hardly being able to use them :<
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-24 14:12:12  
Glanzfaust fo life
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-06-24 14:12:31  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Glanzfaust fo life

Einherjar is a *** block ><
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 14:13:32  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Glanzfaust fo life

He wasn't serious. Glanz don't faust, they fail.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-24 14:16:29  
They look the best though
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-06-24 14:16:43  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Glanzfaust fo life

He wasn't serious. Glanz don't faust, they fail.

I know, but einherjar is still a cockblock (I've another 6 months of einherjar for my nirvana ><)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 14:19:21  
The alex is more of a *** block than Ejar, lol.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 14:19:52  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
They look the best though
True
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-06-24 14:21:42  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
The alex is more of a *** block than Ejar, lol.

Nah, not it you're starting einherjar from zero, because people still salvage and sell it (at least on levi) I've boughten over 15k alexandrite in just the last 6 months, and I still see more that I can't buy because I'm broke.

It's also easier to get two people to help you (or dualbox) salvage everyday to cut it down a bit than to get 5 people to t1 einherjar spam.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 14:26:26  
You can make a group for Ejar though. You could average 100 (which is far more than generous, you'd be lucky to do 60/run)alexandrate a run in salvage and it'd still take 300 days of going every day w/ no break to finish (500 going by 60/run).

Your only hope is money and buying, lol.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-06-24 14:29:11  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You can make a group for Ejar though. You could average 100 (which is far more than generous, you'd be lucky to do 60/run)alexandrate a run in salvage and it'd still take 300 days of going every day w/ no break to finish (500 going by 60/run).

Your only hope is money and buying, lol.

I didn't say salvage solely for all the alexandrite, I just said to cut it down a bit.

But gl getting people to stay for einherjar and always show up.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-06-24 14:33:17  
Cool now If you can post some useful things that would be welcomed.

"The only thing Spharai have going for them are the counter+ on them. Vereth win hands down for dmg." is like saying that sun shines and ice melts when it's hot.

"I'd get the one for whichever job you'll play the most. It would suck hardly being able to use them :<" is fair but useless advice because I can't predict what would be more useful in future and Veret is better inside abyssea in every aspect. Apocalypse also makes DRK much more versatile in low man and it's hard to play it the way you can with Apoc when you don't have one aka you play DRK much less before you get Apoc.

"Glanzfaust fo life"
"He wasn't serious. Glanz don't faust, they fail."
there was no tests done with 90 Glanz from what I know and simply saying it blows is stupid. Outside abyssea if you can start the fight with 300 TP and the fight wont take longer then 2 mins then I wouldn't scratch Glanz just like that. Math plz before you say it blows again.

If anyone want to be helpful plz read my post again (ignore bad grammar) and try to make a serious advice.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-06-24 14:35:10  
Bahamut.Atoreis said:

"The only thing Spharai have going for them are the counter+ on them. Vereth win hands down for dmg." is like saying that sun shines and ice melts when it's hot.

"I'd get the one for whichever job you'll play the most. It would suck hardly being able to use them :<" is fair but useless advice because I can't predict what would be more useful in future and Veret is better inside abyssea in every aspect. Apocalypse also makes DRK much more versatile in low man and it's hard to play it the way you can with Apoc when you don't have one aka you play DRK much less before you get Apoc.

"Glanzfaust fo life"
"He wasn't serious. Glanz don't faust, they fail."
there was no tests done with 90 Glanz from what I know and simply saying it blows is stupid. Outside abyssea if you can start the fight with 300 TP and the fight wont take longer then 2 mins then I wouldn't scratch Glanz just like that. Math plz before you say it blows again.

If anyone want to be helpful plz read my post again (ignore bad grammar) and try to make a serious advice.

We gave you advice in the first 2~ posts, it's just not what you want to hear(apparently). All relics suck. Get an empyrean or learn to make a decision for yourself.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-06-24 14:37:15  

We gave you advice in the first 2~ posts, it's just now what you want to here. All relics suck. Get an empyrean or learn to make a decision for yourself.

Getting advice before making a decision is considered as good thing I think...

Bolded part makes me funny..
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 14:37:52  
I was being serious, you twit.

Vereth beat Spharai in damage.

Spharai have more counter, provided you want/need it for tanking.

It really is that simple.

Quote:
Cool now if you can stop being a moron that would be welcomed.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-06-24 14:38:16  
Bahamut.Atoreis said:

We gave you advice in the first 2~ posts, it's just now what you want to here. All relics suck. Get an empyrean or learn to make a decision for yourself.

Getting advice before making a decision is considered as good thing I think...

Bolded part makes me funny..

And we gave you advice on the utility of them. All relics suck compared to empyrean. Get the one you like or stfu because that's all that matters.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-24 14:43:23  
You seriously think Glanzfaust are good? lol
 Carbuncle.Khaleb
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Khaleb
By Carbuncle.Khaleb 2011-06-24 14:45:13  
Bahamut.Serj said:

i dont think he does but i do think they look really cool.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-24 14:46:16  
Carbuncle.Khaleb said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

i dont think he does but i do think they look really cool.

Quote:
Outside abyssea if you can start the fight with 300 TP and the fight wont take longer then 2 mins then I wouldn't scratch Glanz just like that. Math plz before you say it blows again.

Idk. But I do agree that they look awesome.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 14:48:45  
Even if they were to win in that situation. Weigh how often you are in that situation vs how often you're in every other situation. They're still trash in comparison, unless you plan on owning both(or all 3 cause I'd have vereth/saphari before I would have Vereth/Glanz) and using each situationally.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-06-24 14:57:36  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

I think you can't read. In case you can't understand allusion, what yoou are saying is obvious. I know Spharai advantage is counter I know smite is best damage WS I know they have similar TP damage etc. I was searching for more advance info.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-06-24 15:00:08  
Bahamut.Atoreis said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

I think you can't read. In case you can't understand allusion, what yoou are saying is obvious. I know Spharai advantage is counter I know smite is best damage WS I know they have similar TP damage etc. I was searching for more advance info.

Advanced Info:

Sphairai (Spharai is a misspelling) was a dangerous type of Caestus which was made of several thin strips of leather with cutting blades inserted in them which were wrapped around. This allowed each punch to cut up an opponent and even a glancing blow would deal damage. Sphairai were used in Pankration (sport in the ancient world considered a combination of boxing and wrestling - Pankration means "all-strength" or "all-power"). Sphairai means "spheres" and derives from the thick rings of leather that would be wrapped around the fist.

Apocalypse (Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις -translit. apoca'lipsis, meaning literally: the lifting of the veil), is a term applied to the disclosure to certain privileged persons of something hidden from the majority of humankind. Today the term is often used to mean "End of planet Earth", which may be a shortening of the phrase apokalupsis eschaton which literally means "revelation at the end of the æon, or age".

As a weapon Apocalypse is aptly named to a scythe since the most common image of death is a skeleton or hooded figure wielding one. The end of the world is sometimes attributed to a "great catastrophe" which is yet unknown but hence the connection of the weaponskill. On an interesting note the additional effect "Blindness" could play into the notion that many will not see the apocalypse/end of the world as it will be instantaneous.

From ffxiclopedia. Very hard to find info, you can thank me later.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sirlancelot
By Carbuncle.Sirlancelot 2011-06-24 15:00:18  
I've got both vereth and spharai at 90. Had spharai first, finished vereth and haven't put spharai on since.
Don't waste your time, unless SE fixes relics.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 15:06:51  
I can read just fine.

If you want the exact diff in damage use Kinematic's spreadsheet. Counter is self explanatory, you even said the difference in counter rate yourself.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-24 15:10:34  
Do you just have all your DBZ clips bookmarked/favorited for times like this, hahaha
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-06-24 15:12:12  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I can read just fine.

If you want the exact diff in damage use Kinematic's spreadsheet. Counter is self explanatory, you even said the difference in counter rate yourself.

Exactly so why you repeat what I said as an advice for me lol?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 15:13:12  
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Do you just have all your DBZ clips bookmarked/favorited for times like this, hahaha
I'm subscribed to ImmaVegeta ImmaSeru(Seru = Cell) ImmaGoku ImmaTrunks ImmaGero ImmaFrieza ImmaKrillin, and a few others. Every time a video comes up that I feel can be used as a response, I save it to my "responses" playlist. Then I can just choose from there, lol.
First Page 2 3 4