Drg Or Drk. Wut You Think?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » drg or drk. wut you think?
drg or drk. wut you think?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 07:31:56  
Sagittario said:
in all seriousness, DRK can do anything DRG can and more, higher damage, better WS, not to mention magic that can tear a drg to pieces in pvp before it can get close.

A)If anyone were going to pick a job specifically for PvP, it certainly wouldn't be drk, it would be rdm or another powerhouse as such
B) Resist gear, wear it and your "can tear a drg into pieces" won't be even half as effective.
 Asura.Elvaton
サーバ: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-10-08 08:23:45  
as people have stated before drk and drg both have their ups and downs i personally would lvl drk but thats just me. i say pick what you feel like lvling and if you dont wanna lvl the job anymore just switch to a differnt job
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-10-08 09:44:00  
Sagittario said:
in all seriousness, DRK can do anything DRG can and more, higher damage, better WS, not to mention magic that can tear a drg to pieces in pvp before it can get close.

are you that serious? lol since when are scythe ws good? they suck and suck bad. Did you check their mods?
Guillotine: 25%str 20%mnd (mnd wth??) with 0.875 ftp from 100-300

Spiral Hell: 50% str (nice nice) but 50% int and ftp 1.375 1.875 3.625. Well, this is actually a good ws. One of the few worth saving 300 to unleash, since the ftp at 300 is nearly 3x the ftp at 100.

Insurgency: str20% in20% and freaking 0.5 0.75 1.0 ftp range <.<

Catastrophe: int 40% and agi 40%, wth??? ok it drains hp and haste, so what? still has low base damage.

GS ws is just meh asl well, since they are 2x hit at most, with freaking magic or defensive attribute mod too...

Now Drg penta or drakes. Pentas has both str and dex 20% mod. The best pieces to ws gives that so its a win win. Drakes is only 50% str, but can crit, so dex from those same pieces makes a dif as well. And neither has negative ftp.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-08 09:46:22  
In terms of who's a better DD - Drk is, hands down, except against flying mobs.
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-08 09:55:11  
Sagittario said:

can solo VT with no downtime? didnt know that. Can half his hate or completly vanish it? didnt know that. Has a good WS mit average mobs that ignores defense? didnt know that. Can lower an enemies defense by 20%? didnt know that.

In terms of damage, yes, when fighting a mob that doesnt give both their weapons a natural advantage. Saying job X is definetly better than job Y won't get you far, even kids won't take that bait.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2009-10-08 10:02:48  
Haseyo said:

I wouldnt be so sure hehe. I've parsed many stuff against my drg, especially on einherjar. Im always on top3 on damage. A drk is never on this list though lol. The only competition i got is war/sam or sam/war. And we got adaberk and ares drks there.

Oh yeah, an advantage, drg can always do /sam regarless of event lol. Just high hump or super the hate away and go back to mass killing. Heck i never used /nin when leveling, always used either /war or /sam.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-08 10:42:55  
Vegetto said:
Sagittario said:

A)If anyone were going to pick a job specifically for PvP, it certainly wouldn't be drk, it would be rdm or another powerhouse as such
B) Resist gear, wear it and your "can tear a drg into pieces" won't be even half as effective.

A)We are COMPARING DRK vs DRG, not picking jobs for PvP dufus
B)It would take more than 1 piece of resist gear to stop a DRK with fully capped (let alone merited and/or enhancing gear) enfeebling and dark magic. DRG is not versatile enough to be able to substitute good gear slots for resist equipment or it would just get torn to pieces physically instead.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 10:45:39  
Not really, arete del sol x2, crimson pants should do just fine and yes you re comparing PvP

"not to mention magic that can tear a drg to pieces in pvp before it can get close."

See, you brought pvp into the conversation.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-08 10:46:49  
Laphine said:
Haseyo said:

I wouldnt be so sure hehe. I've parsed many stuff against my drg, especially on einherjar. Im always on top3 on damage. A drk is never on this list though lol. The only competition i got is war/sam or sam/war. And we got adaberk and ares drks there.

Oh yeah, an advantage, drg can always do /sam regarless of event lol. Just high hump or super the hate away and go back to mass killing. Heck i never used /nin when leveling, always used either /war or /sam.

Maybe your just an above average DRG. I can say the same about my DRK, even against DRGs in merit PTs. Haseyo is making a generalisation.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 10:47:47  
As far as merits go, drg kills drk on birds, both are meh outside of birds.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-08 10:48:20  
Vegetto said:
As far as merits go, drg kills drk on birds, both are meh outside of birds.

um no, DRK > DRG outside birds lol
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 10:49:44  
When did you see me say they were not? I said both are meh outside of birds, meaning I wouldn't invite either of those 2 jobs for a mamool party unless I knew them personally.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-08 10:50:12  
All I'm saying is, if a Drg had the best gear possible and a Drk had the best gear possible, the Drk would do more damage. Simple as that.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-08 10:52:44  
Vegetto said:
When did you see me say they were not? I said both are meh outside of birds, meaning I wouldn't invite either of those 2 jobs for a mamool party unless I knew them personally.

yehhh because the word meh is soooooo descriptive.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 10:55:25  
Well, unless English isn't your first language, you can see that I called them BOTH the same thing, so even if you didn't know what I meant, how could you deduct that I was saying drg is better outside of birds when they were both called the same thing?

The point still stands, I wouldn't invite either of those jobs to a mamool party, unless I knew the person personally.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-08 10:56:20  
Merit parties are Rdm/Brd/Cor/Sam onry! All other jobs are meh.
 Ramuh.Ardath
user: Ardath
By Ramuh.Ardath 2009-10-08 10:57:53  
Drg > Drk.....period
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-08 10:58:13  
Haseyo said:
All I'm saying is, if a skilled Drg had the best gear possible and a skilled Drk had the best gear possible, the Drk would do more damage. Simple as that.

FIXED
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 10:59:13  
For birds, that's about right. For mamools, war/sam should be on the list, absolute top notch mnk makes the list, but isn't on top of it. Sam is somewhere in the middle of the list (while y/g/k is awesome on HNM, lackluster in merits). I guess drk could make the list if you account for the fact they enhance chaos roll.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-08 11:13:59  
Vegetto said:
For birds, that's about right. For mamools, war/sam should be on the list, absolute top notch mnk makes the list, but isn't on top of it. Sam is somewhere in the middle of the list (while y/g/k is awesome on HNM, lackluster in merits). I guess drk could make the list if you account for the fact they enhance chaos roll.

oh shutupp you pilloc

you cannot deny what Has said, or are you as backward as your mr.t wannab avatar suggests?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 11:17:12  
Where did I deny anything. I have no clue what your point is, as I haven't been arguing against the said point during my entirety of the thread.

Also, you're wayyy off the mark. The avatar has 0 relation to Mr. T
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-08 11:19:09  
DRK tickles my fancy more than DRG, since I'm DRK75.

that is all...
 Unicorn.Manhattan
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Manhattan
By Unicorn.Manhattan 2009-10-08 11:20:55  
Who cares they both suck , it's not better than a WAR,SAM,MNK,RNG not even BLU,but drk is more powerful than a drg not better there a difference lol! I say if u want be useless and die alot pick drk.

DRK'S,DRG'S ewww i rather be PUP/DRK WITH DOUBLE ATK equipment with a blm puppet merited up straight killa! lol

And if u want to solo alot level BST "WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GAUGE" or a thf, lol healing breath drg sucks lol there af & relic sucks balls as well same as drk lol!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-08 11:20:56  
Lilbusta said:
Haseyo said:
All I'm saying is, if a skilled Drg had the best gear possible and a skilled Drk had the best gear possible, the Drk would do more damage. Simple as that.

FIXED

That too, even though it isn't difficult to swing and use a JA here and there. >.>;
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-08 11:22:20  
Manhattan said:
Who cares they both suck , it's not better than a WAR,SAM,MNK,RNG not even BLU,but drk is more powerful than a drg not better there a difference lol! I say if u want be useless and die alot pick drk.

DRK'S,DRG'S ewww i rather be PUP/DRK WITH DOUBLE ATK equip with a blm puppet merited up straight killa! lol

And if u want to solo alot level BST "WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GAUGE" or a thf, lol healing breath drg sucks lol there af & relic sucks balls as well same as drk lol!

Not sure exactly which situations you're talking about, but if we're talking merits, both drg and drk stomp the ***out of jobs like rng and blu
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-08 11:28:23  
Manhattan said:

DRK'S,DRG'S ewww i rather be PUP/DRK WITH DOUBLE ATK equipment with a blm puppet merited up straight killa! lol

if you're gonna downplay jobs without having any hard-proof data, please STFU!

Dumbass...
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-08 11:29:35  
Manhattan said:
Who cares they both suck , i rather be PUP/DRK WITH DOUBLE ATK equipment with a blm puppet merited up straight killa! lol

L O L indeed
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-08 11:32:57  
Haseyo said:
Lilbusta said:
Haseyo said:

FIXED

That too, even though it isn't difficult to swing and use a JA here and there. >.>;

Takes skill to stay awake for the dullness to the jobs.

I've played a bit of both and I like the spike dmg drk can do, but drg is just overall greatness. 2xDRG can rape ***just as good as an exp party.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2009-10-08 11:35:00  
Vegetto said:
Manhattan said:

DRK'S,DRG'S ewww i rather be PUP/DRK WITH DOUBLE ATK equip with a blm puppet merited up straight killa! lol

Not sure exactly which situations you're talking about, but if we're talking merits, both drg and drk stomp the ***out of jobs like rng and blu

/nod <.< anything melee burn there is no way that a 2handed job will loose nowawadays. Now sure, mnk can zerg with /drk+2h and rng is impossible to gaugue on odin. But thats about it.

Lilbusta said:
Haseyo said:

FIXED

Whats the difference between them? Adaberk only. Adaberk wont make drk pull that much ahead as you might think.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-08 11:36:30  
And the fact that Drk has JAs that increase attack and have Attack Bonus job traits.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10