Zerg Drk Still Applicable?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Zerg Drk Still Applicable?
Zerg Drk Still Applicable?
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-07-11 23:46:44  
DRK Zerging is dead. I think the last time I used it was at Bukhis with a CS Stun lock.

The best zerg I have had was in Besieged and people cure bombing me to kill the troll leaders. Just for fun.
By volkom 2011-07-11 23:58:29  
sometimes on skype my friend is like "zerg it down!" and i'm like okay! ... *last resort + sneak attack -> torcleaver* for like 5~8k dmg followed by a crap ton of ODD crits then the nm turns around and kills me when its at 1% then everyone's like d'aw...your sacrifice was worth it for full drops. -_-;
 Ragnarok.Amonk
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Amonk
By Ragnarok.Amonk 2011-07-12 00:23:48  
Don't sell your KC, it's still great for procs.
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-07-12 00:26:52  
Actually, (since I felt bad poluting the thread with war vs mnk nonsense) I did a little math. I noticed a K club would theoretically out do the war in mac's parse. It only required haste/high acc at a I think realistic 1800hp(could get much higher but I assume its crazy evasive so allowing a lot of room for acc) to make the initial 30 seconds as effective as the entire dmg* his war did in a parse he said took over 1min.

*in theoretical dmg using war's ukko's/melee hit averages: the war's max(mob didn't ever move/stop taking dmg) was about 38k (8k above actual). I dont know if its moves are limited by hp% or anything. The sooner it does these things to reduce dmg taken(IE: done while SE/feint up), the more it hurts drk.

Assuming was invulnerable(from ability/making clones) for 10 seconds to run to it you would be about 10k behind war's total numbers after 30 seconds. Could then switch to an empy GS and have 30 seconds to make up that dmg.

my conclusion: if the mobs aren't resistant to SE, its likely a drk could still come first in a zerg.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2011-07-12 00:29:49  
IDK how or why this thread evolved into a WAR vs MNK vs etc debate, but i have also wondered if there is still a point to even have a HP/SP set for my DRK (i am also a Vereth MNK btw, so i dont think even think i would go on DRK to a real zerg to begin with now). I think its safe to say it is pointless now, even with the most excepttional gear imaginable for it. Especially if you have a worthwhile emp. weapon.

Edit: i guess a kraken DRK is still something worth bringing if you dont have an emp weapon, but its not like those are a dime a dozen.
By volkom 2011-07-12 00:31:48  
Bahamut.Caelestis said:
IDK how or why this thread evolved into a WAR vs MNK vs etc debate, but i have also wondered if there is still a point to even have a HP/SP set for my DRK (i am also a Vereth MNK btw, so i dont think even think i would go on DRK to a real zerg to begin with now). I think its safe to say it is pointless now, even with the most excepttional gear imaginable for it. Especially if you have a worthwhile emp. weapon.
does souleater work with counter?
 Bahamut.Caelestis
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2011-07-12 00:43:31  
Nice trolling, yo, try again
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-12 00:45:32  
I just geared my drk up today for something different, its fun and the armor looks awesome. It's not relevant though, and neither is DRK zerg anymore.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-12 00:51:18  
volkom said:

does souleater work with counter?

Yes.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-12 01:00:23  
macsdf1 said:
How can 100% crit lose out to vere or even masa, which doesn't even crit. Maybe you have some very shitty warriors. Maybe you're talking about inside abyssea? I wouldn't know never had to zerg in there. We only need to zerg on arch DL, and last fight I parsed almost dbl the vere monks.

You're comparing a maxed Ukko's WAR with 2hr up to just regular Masamune / Verethragna users from what it sounds like. I'm not willing to speak on the behalf of Samurais, since I know nothing about that job, but I do know that the benefit of critical hits, while very real is a lot less outside of Abyssea.

With Hundred Fists up, and a pretty high critical hit rate, Victory Smite will still do incredibly high damage, comparable if not surpassing Ukko's. The Aftermath procs from H2H are just absolutely incredible with Hundred Fists up, and even without the Aftermath, the sheer weaponskill spam and damage would give any WAR a run for their money.

I'm not saying you have a bad WAR, but if you're doubling your MNKs, it's either 2hr vs No 2hr, or you don't have very good MNKs.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-12 01:01:35  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
macsdf1 said:
How can 100% crit lose out to vere or even masa, which doesn't even crit. Maybe you have some very shitty warriors. Maybe you're talking about inside abyssea? I wouldn't know never had to zerg in there. We only need to zerg on arch DL, and last fight I parsed almost dbl the vere monks.

You're comparing a maxed Ukko's WAR with 2hr up to just regular Masamune / Verethragna users from what it sounds like. I'm not willing to speak on the behalf of Samurais, since I know nothing about that job, but I do know that the benefit of critical hits, while very real is a lot less outside of Abyssea.

With Hundred Fists up, and a pretty high critical hit rate, Victory Smite will still do incredibly high damage, comparable if not surpassing Ukko's. The Aftermath procs from H2H are just absolutely incredible with Hundred Fists up, and even without the Aftermath, the sheer weaponskill spam and damage would give any WAR a run for their money.

I'm not saying you have a bad WAR, but if you're doubling your MNKs, it's either 2hr vs No 2hr, or you don't have very good MNKs.

*le sigh*
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-12 01:07:27  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
macsdf1 said:

*le sigh*

>.< If I'm wrong, please correct me, but I find it very hard to believe, considering how powerful MNK is, that a WAR could double a good Verethragna MNK in a parse.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-12 01:08:23  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
macsdf1 said:

*le sigh*

>.< If I'm wrong, please correct me, but I find it very hard to believe, considering how powerful MNK is, that a WAR could double a good Verethragna MNK in a parse.

You're not, unless the mnk got extremely unlucky.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-12 01:11:42  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
macsdf1 said:

*le sigh*

As I stated like, 6 times in this thread, in a proper zerg, hundred fists does nothing for a mnk.

Otherwise, you aren't wrong. I just feel like I'm beating a dead horse and people don't even read what I say.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-07-12 01:12:47  
since most people are just saying "zerg drks dead" I'm not going to feel bad continueing my war vs mnk stuff in this thread.

100fists doesn't actually add that much to zergs. double SV marches make capping delay reduction very easy. That said, the mnk in that parse did do much lower than I would have expected.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-12 01:15:14  
Fair enough, I hadn't read the entire thread when I made my post. Out of curiosity, is it at all effective for a MNK to use Hundred Fists, and get Attack songs instead?
 Asura.Tigredor
サーバ: Asura
user: Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2011-07-12 01:17:12  
Quetzalcoatl.Elysien said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
macsdf1 said:
You're comparing a maxed Ukko's WAR with 2hr up to just regular Masamune / Verethragna users from what it sounds like. I'm not willing to speak on the behalf of Samurais, since I know nothing about that job, but I do know that the benefit of critical hits, while very real is a lot less outside of Abyssea. With Hundred Fists up, and a pretty high critical hit rate, Victory Smite will still do incredibly high damage, comparable if not surpassing Ukko's. The Aftermath procs from H2H are just absolutely incredible with Hundred Fists up, and even without the Aftermath, the sheer weaponskill spam and damage would give any WAR a run for their money. I'm not saying you have a bad WAR, but if you're doubling your MNKs, it's either 2hr vs No 2hr, or you don't have very good MNKs.
*le sigh*
You're not, unless the mnk got extremely unlucky.

Hundred fists does what exactly? It speeds up your attk rounds to the delay cap or close to it.

So if in a zerg situation with soul voice marches+haste spell, a WAR wil; a;ready be at haste cap AND have mighty strikes access.

Not rocket science.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-07-12 01:17:48  
I would still probably say no as once 100fists wore, you would want marches.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-07-12 01:20:49  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Fair enough, I hadn't read the entire thread when I made my post. Out of curiosity, is it at all effective for a MNK to use Hundred Fists, and get Attack songs instead?

Multiple BRDs. I don't know much about new content, but if anything is like the stuff that was 'zerged' at 75, you're going to want a 3 BRD buff rotation. Marchx2, Minx2, Madx2.

And yes 100 fists caps delay reduction, pointless if you're receiving full buffs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-12 01:20:59  
Shiva.Khimaira said:

Giving a mnk haste + SV March II should get them pretty close to the delay cap (if SV March II gives 20% haste), so adding in an attack song instead would be more beneficial. Giving dual Minuets would be a hassle since after 45 secs, you'd lose HF. If the nm will be dead by then, then by all means.
By macsdf1 2011-07-12 01:26:45  
That was the comparison, zerg situation...
Of course if war doesn't have his 2h up, then the parse would be closer.
45 seconds of 100% critting simply cannot lose regardless of ws dmg. You just don't have super high crit rate outside of abyssea. I'm under the impression all you guys do is abyssea. Punching speed, I hit 26x, the monk 49x, so 100 fist or not, it's not a ton more when I'm avging 3x more dmg per hit.

You keep thinking you have super crit rate on your monk so you think it's godly outside or something. Why not parse for yourself and check just how high your crit rate actually is.

And this fight is basically over once your PD ends, not the duration of your songs and stuff.

I'll parse again no worries, numbers maybe come out more even, but I'm pretty sure war will be on top no matter what.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-12 01:34:30  
macsdf1 said:
That was the comparison, zerg situation...
Of course if war doesn't have his 2h up, then the parse would be closer.
45 seconds of 100% critting simply cannot lose regardless of ws dmg. You just don't have super high crit rate outside of abyssea. I'm under the impression all you guys do is abyssea. Punching speed, I hit 26x, the monk 49x, so 100 fist or not, it's not a ton more when I'm avging 3x more dmg per hit.

You keep thinking you have super crit rate on your monk so you think it's godly outside or something. Why not parse for yourself and check just how high your crit rate actually is.

And this fight is basically over once your PD ends, not the duration of your songs and stuff.

I'll parse again no worries, numbers maybe come out more even, but I'm pretty sure war will be on top no matter what.

Im parsing 30-50% crit rate just from melee swings in my zerg parses, and that'd put it at least 20% higher in ws. And how the hell is the monk only meleeing twice as much, all my parses im ahead in melee hits by 3-4x...

The ***should be dead before PD wears, unless the dd are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and group up to eat the tera slash.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-12 01:39:40  
Don't forget Smite gets a crit rate bonus.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-12 01:41:15  
Bahamut.Serj said:

Yea, Im accounting the 20 static from BR, 10 base at 100 tp, w/e ddex tier you're at (25% if capped +merits), then whatever bonus your impetus gives (Which is crit rate and damage)
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-12 01:43:31  
Bahamut.Serj said:

Yea, Im accounting the 20 static from BR, 10 base at 100 tp, w/e ddex tier you're at (25% if capped +merits), then whatever bonus your impetus gives (Which is crit rate and damage)

I just noticed, my bad. Getting really tired (this maintenance needs to end..)
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-07-12 01:46:14  
I'm not disagreeing with you. That is to say, I also think war would beat mnk in a zerg situation. I just dont agree the mnk your using is a good reflection of a mnk's dmg.

macsdf1 said:
I hit 26x, the monk 49x

49 hits, 2 hits per round ignoring kick/das=24.5 rounds at about 1 round a second +4 seconds for WS delays=about 30 seconds. You said it lasted long enough for MS/BR to wear. Thus I assume half of the parse your mnk wasn't actually fighting the mob(maybe slow to target/run there)?

The war was actively fighting mob for 482*.8/60*26hits+5 seconds for WS delays=46seconds

Edit: Statement clarification.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-07-12 01:48:17  
Bahamut.Serj said:

Was this ever tested? I thought ukko's was about 15% at 100TP, and tests ended up pointing at 30% crit rate. Also, the first WS of the fight is likely at 300% tp which would increase mnk's critrate(likely being highest WS of the fight).
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-12 01:52:07  
Odin.Sawtelle said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Was this ever tested? I thought ukko's was about 15% at 100TP, and tests ended up pointing at 30% crit rate. Also, the first WS of the fight is likely at 300% tp which would increase mnk's critrate(likely being highest WS of the fight).

I'm not even certain on VS, I know RR was tested at 10%? (100tp) so it's gotta be at least 10%, if it's higher that's even better.
By macsdf1 2011-07-12 02:06:16  
I doubt DDEX is remotely capped vs ADL. What are you fighting to parse 30-50% crit rates? I've never parsed any monk over 30% crit rate in all of our outside adventures. Heck my war doesn't even clock in over 20%. This is mainly in dynamis where we battle EM-VT monsters.

ADL can split up to 3-5 copies sometimes, there's an element of luck. he's got all sorts of nasty aoe, that even PD won't block. PD gets weaker over time.

He also knocked me back that fight so I missed a few rounds. I have almost 40% double attack too on my war. The monk could have been stunned bound I have no clue. He critted 9x out of his 49 punches. I'll have to see if I still got the log saved, dunno the full duration of the battle. Overall the alliance did around 150k dmg, so ADL has around 100k hps.

oh ***, servers are up...
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-12 02:14:05  
macsdf1 said:
I doubt DDEX is remotely capped vs ADL. What are you fighting to parse 30-50% crit rates? I've never parsed any monk over 30% crit rate in all of our outside adventures. Heck my war doesn't even clock in over 20%. This is mainly in dynamis where we battle EM-VT monsters.

ADL can split up to 3-5 copies sometimes, there's an element of luck. he's got all sorts of nasty aoe, that even PD won't block. PD gets weaker over time.

He also knocked me back that fight so I missed a few rounds. I have almost 40% double attack too on my war. The monk could have been stunned bound I have no clue. He critted 9x out of his 49 punches. I'll have to see if I still got the log saved, dunno the full duration of the battle. Overall the alliance did around 150k dmg, so ADL has around 100k hps.

um, AV, DL before the update, kirins and t3 ein bosses are the ones i have, purely zergs that is. And I always gear to cap ddex (WS ONLY) unless impetus is up, so in a zerg that doesnt matter since i'd be hitting around 40-50% crit on VS without impetus bonus, which would greatly increase after a few seconds of melee + crit damage. Melee crit % is purely off of my base from dex vs the mob's agi, 5% merits, 20% blood rage, and impetus. Which would be like 30% before even calculating impetus bonuses...