Thoughts And Your Opinions On BLU Spell List!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Thoughts and your opinions on BLU spell list!
Thoughts and your opinions on BLU spell list!
First Page 2
By Kryseis 2011-07-12 01:15:43  
Lately I have seen a huge increase on people playing BLU ever sense the new cap came. I wanted to hear some suggestions on your BLU spell choices in Abyssea areas. I have Assimilation merits and everything pratically fully merited, but want to get some feedback on other players choices. (Things you merited,atmas you use, and spell choices!)I hope to hear some feedback^^
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-07-12 01:24:20  
BLU forum has threads on all of the subjects you mentioned...

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/forum/70/blue-mage/

...maybe check them out there. :)

(Doesn't preclude people from replying to this thread...just a suggestion to check out what was already posted previously!)
By Kryseis 2011-07-12 01:25:39  
Sweet didnt think there would be any. Thank you =D!
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-12 01:26:11  

Physical Magic Set (minus Benthic)

Swan Song Set
Light Earring augmented with "Critical Hit Rate +1".

TP Set
Occasionally Attacks 2 - 4 times Khanda +2

Merits relevant to Blue Mage

12/12 HP
8/8 STR
8/8 Sword
4/8 Club
4/4 Evasion
5/5 Critical Hit Rate
5/5 Enmity Increase
5/5 Chain Affinity Recast
5/5 Physical Potency
5/5 Enchainment
5/5 Assimilation

Atma Choices

Pure Damage
Razed Ruins
Sanguine Scythe
Apocalypse

Charged Whisker
Lion
Blinding Horn
Beyond (no ultimate)

Soloing (with Evasion gear)
Razed Ruins
Gnarled Horn
Minikin Monstrosity
By Kryseis 2011-07-12 01:29:48  
Brutal earring over Loq.? I use to tp in brutals but wasnt notcing much of a diff. The MP+30 is nice and fast cast. I'll have to test them again!
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-12 01:32:32  
Kryseis said:
Brutal earring over Loq.? I use to tp in brutals but wasnt notcing much of a diff. The MP+30 is nice and fast cast. I'll have to test them again!

Yes. Burtal is incredible, and once that 30 MP is gone it does nothing for you, and MP isn't that hard to manage anymore. If you're desiring Fast Cast, you can macro it in easily. You can't really eyeball the effect of single pieces of gear on your overall damage, you should try parsing it.
[+]
 Ifrit.Herc
サーバ: Ifrit
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-07-12 01:34:26  
Shiva.Khimaira said:

Atma Choices

Pure Damage
Razed Ruins
Sanguine Scythe
Apocalypse

How come SS over VV? Im newer to blu and just wondering why? Do the buffs and STR set made already put one capped STR?
By macsdf1 2011-07-12 01:36:05  
SS only if you have Chant du Cygne honestly or where you will melee more. My spell dmg is crap without VV set.
[+]
By Kryseis 2011-07-12 01:36:46  
True true. You use similar atmas to mine and merits. Im curious on your sub job use. I have been using redmage for chargewhisker and aoe wipes. The phalnx,stoneskin, and traits it gives are nice stacked with blu spells. I havent been using NIN much, but my buddy says /nin with all the shadows is incredible.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-12 01:38:50  
Ifrit.Herc said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:

Atma Choices

Pure Damage
Razed Ruins
Sanguine Scythe
Apocalypse

How come SS over VV? Im newer to blu and just wondering why? Do the buffs and STR set made already put one capped STR?

macsdf1 said:
SS only if you have Chant du Cygne honestly or where you will melee more. My spell dmg is crap without VV set.

Yes, I do use Chant du Cygne, so that's why I use it. 20% Critical hit damage surpasses 20% Critical hit rate since the DMG cap was lifted. Spell damage is very low without VV.

fSTR should be irrelevant with maxed Furtherances and cruor buffs alone, but WSC doesn't cap, so for a non-Almace BLU, don't bother with SS. You might also want to find something other than Apoc under the same circumstances.
 Ifrit.Herc
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-07-12 01:39:28  
macsdf1 said:

So then my next question would be what atma do you recommend with someone who doesnt have Almace....i took the Kannagi instead.
Currently i use RR VV and MM.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 01:41:13  
So much fail going on in here.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-12 01:42:47  
Kryseis said:
True true. You use similar atmas to mine and merits. Im curious on your sub job use. I have been using redmage for chargewhisker and aoe wipes. The phalnx,stoneskin, and traits it gives are nice stacked with blu spells. I havent been using NIN much, but my buddy says /nin with all the shadows is incredible.

Pros of /RDM:
- Higher MP pool
- Don't need to set Battery Charge
- Convert
- Phalanx / Stoneskin / Protect/Shell
- Can get Dual Wield II without /NIN now

Cons of /RDM:
- Have to take up quite a few spell points to get Dual Wield II
- No shadows

I personally think it's probably the best subjob choice for BLU right now. I usually use /NIN or /WAR, seeing as I haven't had time to level my subjobs with my new job. /NIN isn't neccessarily bad, and it's great for soloing, but /RDM is probably better for most situations (definately whiskering).

Edit: In my opinion
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-12 01:47:29  
Ramuh.Austar said:

Might be your Magical Accuracy, or Diffusion merits.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 01:48:45  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Oh, please elaborate on what makes those bad.
By Kryseis 2011-07-12 01:50:30  
I use to use diffusion untill update now they are kinda pointless. usally dont miss with your spell and if you do its like 1/100 if you dont have blu magic skill merited. I put those merits into chain affinity and enchaintment xD
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 01:52:18  
Kryseis said:
I use to use diffusion untill update now they are kinda pointless. usally dont miss with your spell and if you do its like 1/100 if you dont have blu magic skill merited. I put those merits into chain affinity and enchaintment xD
What does that have to do with diffusion again?
 Ifrit.Herc
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-07-12 01:52:21  
I just wanna know best possible atmas for non almace users so i can be as productive as possible.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-12 01:52:43  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Well, you chose Magical Accuracy over Physical Potency. That should be self-explanatory. Diffusion, I can understand to an extent, if you low man with minimal support a lot, however Enchainment is simply broken with Efflux now. Convergence is only really useful 5/5 if you have a good magical build, or else it's just for if you're grellow *** only (in which case, why are you trolling other peoples' BLU?).
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 01:53:56  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Well, you chose Magical Accuracy over Physical Potency. That should be self-explanatory. Diffusion, I can understand to an extent, if you low man with minimal support a lot, however Enchainment is simply broken with Efflux now. Convergence is only really useful 5/5 if you have a good magical build, or else it's just for if you're grellow *** only (in which case, why are you trolling other peoples' BLU?).
Magic acc is for stuns on head butt. Physical potency is just physical accuracy. And convergence still has situational use.
By Kryseis 2011-07-12 01:54:46  
Ehh diffusion doesnt really benifit yourself. Yea you can give haste to your party but other usally have haste capped or already on them. Why not put those merits into a little more extra DD. Dont get me wrong diffusion is useful just saying I would prefer something else now that sbyysea has arrived.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-12 01:55:59  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Magic acc is for stuns on head butt. Physical potency is just physical accuracy. And convergence still has situational use.

Convergence really offers nothing except for ease for grellow *** only. By no means worth sacrificing an Enchainment merit for any serious BLU.

Please show me the test that provide Magical Accuray merits affect Head Butt stun rate (which is already either stupid high or stupid low, depending on what you're fighting). I fully believe Magic Accuracy affects the stun rate on Head Butt, however...

" Each level of this enhancement provides +2 Magic Accuracy to magical Blue Magic spells per upgrade, up to a maximum of +10 magic accuracy. "
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 01:56:29  
Kryseis said:
Ehh diffusion doesnt really benifit yourself. Yea you can give haste to your party but other usally have haste capped or already on them. Why not put those merits into a little more extra DD. Dont get me wrong diffusion is useful just saying I would prefer something else now that sbyysea has arrived.
For hate. Some of us still do ***besides abyssea.
By Kryseis 2011-07-12 01:56:44  
Magic acc. is understandable and I can not argue with that. Helps with stuns alot and sleeps.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 01:57:46  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Convergence really offers nothing except for ease for grellow *** only. By no means worth sacrificing an Enchainment merit for any serious BLU.

Please show me the test that provide Magical Accuray merits affect Head Butt stun rate (which is already either stupid high or stupid low, depending on what you're fighting). I fully believe Magic Accuracy affects the stun rate on Head Butt, however...

" Each level of this enhancement provides +2 Magic Accuracy to magical Blue Magic spells per upgrade, up to a maximum of +10 magic accuracy. "
The stun rate is based on magical accuracy. SE is notorious for wording ***wrong, look at physical potency. They even said in an interview it's just physical accuracy.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-12 01:59:34  
Ramuh.Austar said:
The stun rate is based on magical accuracy. SE is notorious for wording ***wrong, look at physical potency. They even said in an interview it's just physical accuracy.

I'm not disputing that it's physical accuracy, however Physical accuracy is more of an issue than magical accuracy in almost every BLU friendly situation. I've seen zero compelling evidence that Magical Accuracy merits affect head butt's stun.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 02:01:29  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

I'm not disputing that it's physical accuracy, however Physical accuracy is more of an issue than magical accuracy in almost every BLU friendly situation. I've seen zero compelling evidence that Magical Accuracy merits affect head butt's stun.
I've never had any issue with physical accuracy, and magic acc does effect the stun rate. Ever head butt something and it didn't stun, despite landing the hit?
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-12 02:03:55  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

I've never had any issue with physical accuracy, and magic acc does effect the stun rate. Ever head butt something and it didn't stun, despite landing the hit?

You're completely ignoring what I'm saying. I've had that happen yes, no BLU hasn't. I'm not saying Magic Accuracy doesn't affect Head butt; once again, I'm referring only to the Magical Accuracy merit categoy.

Physical Accuracy is an inevitable issue on more evasive mobs, and in Voidwatch as well, even when using Sushi.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 02:05:20  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

You're completely ignoring what I'm saying. I've had that happen yes, no BLU hasn't. I'm not saying Magic Accuracy doesn't affect Head butt; once again, I'm referring only to the Magical Accuracy merit categoy.

Physical Accuracy is an inevitable issue on more evasive mobs, and in Voidwatch as well, even when using Sushi.
Sounds to me more like an issue of gear than merits.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 02:07:11  
Ifrit.Herc said:
I just wanna know best possible atmas for non almace users so i can be as productive as possible.
VV, RR, MM.
First Page 2