users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Qiqirn Treasure Hunter
Qiqirn Treasure Hunter
 Asura.Luchtaine
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Luchtaine
By Asura.Luchtaine 2011-07-20 11:10:52  
Recently been spamming this zone. I have a question on the third floor Qiqirn Treasure Hunter.

Immediately upon entering the porter room with the Qiqirn in it we go right to the north wall, and we fight it there. When it runs off the first time it always comes back once, but any time after that it never does. We have kept a dot on it during this time as well.

Is their something else to this that I'm not aware off?
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-07-20 11:16:34  
Asura.Luchtaine said:
Recently been spamming this zone. I have a question on the third floor Qiqirn Treasure Hunter.

Immediately upon entering the porter room with the Qiqirn in it we go right to the north wall, and we fight it there. When it runs off the first time it always comes back once, but any time after that it never does. We have kept a dot on it during this time as well.

Is their something else to this that I'm not aware off?

Its almost a 50/50 case.
Definitely DoT him. make sure ALL members of your party are int he room when he's engaged and up against the one wall when he runs.

DoT I do not believe will stop him from running to far out...
but it WILL prevent the regen if he goes too far and gets unclaimed.

Also, please keep in mind... even after drop rate updates this NM is STILL a ***.
Took me 3 months straight of spamming the zone every Friday to get ONE Macha's Coat
 Bismarck.Eburo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-07-20 11:19:44  
The way it seems to work for me is that when he's running, he only comes back if he gets within 35 yalms of you. If you're pressed into the corner when he goes running through the room with the soulflayers, he'll be at about 34 yalms and start heading back.

I got my Macha's Coat on the second try, so good luck!
 Asura.Luchtaine
By Asura.Luchtaine 2011-07-20 11:33:06  
Thanks for the insight.

Mainly targeted this zone for Deimos's (which we've had good luck on getting 2 in only a couple runs), and a pair of Skadi 35.

We have had to pass this 3rd floor TH up because of spending too much time on it. It is getting annoying relying on only the 4th floor TH, and the 2 TH's on the 6th floor 7min room clear knowing we keep passing up a possible drop on the 3rd floor TH.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-20 11:35:35  
My understanding is:
In order for monsters to deagro you, they have to be out of range of you for a certain amount of time. By standing at the lefthand "door," you make sure that he comes back into range of you. I've never had him not return if we hump the door, and I've done a lot of freaking salvage (but not solo).

Make sure everyone in your party acts on the Treasure Hunter. The more people that act on him, the more people he has to deagro before he can go unclaimed and start to regen.

Apart from that, I wrote this the other day and it might be helpful to you. Very basic stuff that you probably already know, but it just gives you some strategy options if you want.
 Asura.Luchtaine
By Asura.Luchtaine 2011-07-20 11:39:55  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Apart from that, I wrote this the other day and it might be helpful to you. Very basic stuff that you probably already know, but it just gives you some strategy options if you want.

Cool, thanks.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-07-20 11:40:18  
Don't chase him when he runs away and rape the door-thing while he's gone.