First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 07:23:06  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Just wondering, but does anyone know where the "this is how building flourish works" myth came from? It's on the wiki and incredibly specific, but uncited and added by someone with 122 edits total (most of them simple stupid ***).

Basically, I really doubt that it works the way wiki says it works. It probably just gives more Acc/Atk/Crit rate the more FMs you burn.
I honestly don't know, it wouldn't be hard to test attack per finishing move though. I just don't really know how to go about doing that.

1000 attacks with 1, 2, 3 finishing moves on wild rabbits in ronfaure i'd imagine.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 07:23:34  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Just wondering, but does anyone know where the "this is how building flourish works" myth came from? It's on the wiki and incredibly specific, but uncited and added by someone with 122 edits total (most of them simple stupid ***).

Basically, I really doubt that it works the way wiki says it works. It probably just gives more Acc/Atk/Crit rate the more FMs you burn.
I honestly don't know, it wouldn't be hard to test attack per finishing move though. I just don't really know how to go about doing that.

1000 attacks with 1, 2, 3 finishing moves on wild rabbits in ronfaure i'd imagine.
Problem there is it's WS and not normal melee swings.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 07:25:05  
Actually, JP wiki just says "Increases attack power by up to 25%"
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 07:25:23  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

i said attacks, but i just meant it as 1000 rounds of whatever the attack you're testing with is. i know it's on ws.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 07:25:46  
That's pretty boss.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 07:26:19  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

i said attacks, but i just meant it as 1000 rounds of whatever the attack you're testing with is. i know it's on ws.
Everytime I engage something low level it dies before I can WS, I'd get way too frustrated to do that.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 07:26:52  
you just engage and spam your ws macro. i'm trying to figure out the best ws for testing this.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 07:29:25  
Viper Bite comes to mind, seeing as it double WS attack already, wouldn't it make it a lot more obvious in the differences between different levels of attacks from building?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 07:31:09  
Would be impossible to test critical hit rate, however.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 07:34:45  
Well if we can figure out the acc and attack values, I'm sure the crit ones would be something pretty like 5/5/5. But then again, this is SE.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-25 07:37:38  
You can't do it on L0 mobs, because your attack is already capped on them. Your best bet is probably going to be Steelshells in The Boyadha Tree using the method they develop about half way through this thread.

Viper Bite has interesting potential (single hit, doesn't scale with TP, would - we assume - double the effect of Building Flourish) and I've always wanted to use it for this. I just don't know where the testing that proves it doubles attack is.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 07:39:04  
could always try a sword or staff ws?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 07:39:23  
Could do a 50/50 split with wasp sting and viper bite?

Both are essentially the same thing, only viper bite supposedly has double attack.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-25 07:49:00  
Actually, with Scissor Guard up we wouldn't have to worry about capping attack. Heh, if we wanted to we could use Wasp Sting with Scissor Guard down and Viper Bite with Scissor Guard up. If Scissor Guard doubles Defense and Viper Bite doubles attack, we could collect data faster that way. =p
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 07:50:06  
I can go play around up in the tree for a bit. ***else to do right now.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-25 07:58:53  
Okay, I'll lay out a full-out testing thing if people want to toss some N in here:
1) We need to know your Attack/STR, and your Attack/STR has to be the same all the time (no swaps).
2) Only use one weapon, and don't use any DA or TA gear/Saber Dance.
3) You'd need to record your max and min normal and crit hit with and without Scissor Guard up for each crab Level/XP (KParser can give you a pretty good estimation of this just looking at the distribution for each mob xp.)
4) Use Building Flourish -> Wasp Sting when Scissor Guard is down and Building Flourish -> Viper Bite when Scissor Guard is up.
5) The weaponskills are going to have to be hand-parsed, writing down the weaponskill damage and how many finishing moves were consumed.
6) Wanting to use Building Flourish for WSs pretty much means you won't be using Reverse Flourish. Q.Q
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 08:01:39  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Okay, I'll lay out a full-out testing thing if people want to toss some N in here:
1) We need to know your Attack/STR, and your Attack/STR has to be the same all the time (no swaps).
2) Only use one weapon, and don't use any DA or TA gear/Saber Dance.
3) You'd need to record your max and min normal and crit hit with and without Scissor Guard up for each crab Level/XP (KParser can give you a pretty good estimation of this just looking at the distribution for each mob xp.)
4) Use Building Flourish -> Wasp Sting when Scissor Guard is down and Building Flourish -> Viper Bite when Scissor Guard is up.
5) The weaponskills are going to have to be hand-parsed, writing down the weaponskill damage and how many finishing moves were consumed.
6) Wanting to use Building Flourish for WSs pretty much means you won't be using Reverse Flourish. Q.Q

not always. as long as you can do a step after you use BF you should be fine?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 08:02:39  
Here's my plan, 1 wasp sting and 1 viper bite on the same crab, each with different levels of BF. 50 times each, for a total of 200 mobs, and each mob I'll record my exp per kill?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-25 08:32:37  
You should try and do Wasp Sting with Scissor Guard down and Viper Bite with Scissor Guard up. If Scissor Guard doubles Defense and Viper Bite doubles Attack, you end up with the same cRatio. This way you collect data faster.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 08:42:09  
yeah that's what i meant. I got an interesting find though, using only af3, and some random evade gear, one of my wasp stings did twice as much, af3 set proc on WS? i am using drain samba 3
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 08:42:56  
o_o that would be rather astounding if it is indeed the case.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 08:43:41  
Oh, has anyone ever managed to test the AF3 set proc for other players?
If not, I may go do that now.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 08:44:55  
yeah, so far for wasp stings: 63, 44, 94, 45, 43, 45, 45.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 08:46:02  
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Oh, has anyone ever managed to test the AF3 set proc for other players?
If not, I may go do that now.

it augments the ability samba. it's only for the person using it. the other people are just getting the effect of the mob having the haste daze negative status effect.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 08:48:43  
Last time I checked BG Wiki, it still had "unclear if the bonus applies to other players," but it seems to have since been removed.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 08:50:38  
i wouldn't put too much stock in that. someone just put that on there because they didn't know. samba's put a status effect on the mob and players get the same bonus as the dnc, but only the dancer has the positive effect causing it on them. no one else has samba.

*edit* think of it like tier II enspells. everyone gets the benefit of the mob's lowered magic resistance, but only the rdm has enspell on them.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-25 08:54:06  
I had one report where someone said they got an ODD proc on their Dragoon without any other source of ODD, but I haven't seen it since. It seems unlikely to me that it would proc for other people.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-25 13:26:40  
Austar sent me some numbers, and I want everyone to keep in mind this is an approximation, but as near as I can tell Building Flourish gives about +100 Attack or +20~25% Attack when used with 2 FMs or more. I would lean towards +100 Attack based on what our merits do (static attack bonus). Honestly, that makes this JA a lot stronger than I was expecting, but it's still just "Berserk that only lasts one WS."

Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 21:58:46  
Would it be possible that the attack boost scales with your level similar to hasso? I'm pretty sure if it is a static 100 attack or so, we'd have seen some insane WS when the JA is first obtained.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-25 22:02:19  
Could be, for sure. Could even be something like "Attack + Player Level."
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10