JoT Solo/Duo

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » JoT Solo/Duo
JoT Solo/Duo
 Unicorn.Divinian
Offline
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
Posts: 102
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-02 06:45:07  
I have read little things here and there about the ability of some jobs to solo temperance. RDM and BLU come to mind. I have solo'd many things back in the day with RDM and I know what that kind of a solo entails and I could do that. What I am really looking for here are alternatives to RDM soloing.

I would love to know if THF can duo with a good whm. This would be my preference for TH reasons.

I would love to know how BLU can solo/duo (with whm)

I also have NIN, RDM, and BLM (although I heard BLM is pretty much useless).

Any help is much appreciated...please share your experiences or what you've heard. Thanks!
 Fenrir.Necrids
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Necrids
Posts: 563
By Fenrir.Necrids 2011-09-02 06:53:26  
can try something like this maybe
Offline
Posts: 168
By Xavierr 2011-09-02 06:59:41  
Temp is mad easy on Ninja, Melee with Katana with rings out, with daggers when poles out and turn when nothing out. Nothing out being blunt mode which makes it use a petrify move so just wait till it mode changes again.
 Unicorn.Divinian
Offline
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
Posts: 102
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-02 07:11:11  
Fenrir.Necrids said: »
can try something like this maybe

Thanks, I love upbeat's vids. It was very informative and shows me that thf might be out of the question.
 Unicorn.Divinian
Offline
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
Posts: 102
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-02 07:16:18  
Another question:

Should I just find the easiest placeholder to get to and stay there or traverse the different towers popping different PHs?
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
Posts: 596
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2011-09-02 07:18:46  
I used to duo Temp with BLU+RDM in the 75 cap days just for fun while our LS was farming other stuff (that and usually with 15-20 nubs who couldn't listen running around they just made it harder ........ ). Disseverment destroyed it -- that was the first place I learned how good its poison effect was. 90 has got to be a joke but never tried it.
 Unicorn.Divinian
Offline
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
Posts: 102
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-02 07:26:29  
Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
I used to duo Temp with BLU+RDM in the 75 cap days just for fun while our LS was farming other stuff (that and usually with 15-20 nubs who couldn't listen running around they just made it harder ........ ). Disseverment destroyed it -- that was the first place I learned how good its poison effect was. 90 has got to be a joke but never tried it.

Great! Besides disseverment, what spells did you utilize in the various phases?
 Unicorn.Divinian
Offline
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
Posts: 102
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-02 10:13:37  
Unicorn.Divinian said: »
Another question:

Should I just find the easiest placeholder to get to and stay there or traverse the different towers popping different PHs?

Bumping this question.
Offline
Posts: 2413
By Starkzz 2011-09-02 10:26:46  
Unicorn.Divinian said: »
Unicorn.Divinian said: »
Another question: Should I just find the easiest placeholder to get to and stay there or traverse the different towers popping different PHs?
Bumping this question.

been soloing temp few times on bst recently for JoL sets and tbh, camping a single PH didn't pop JoT for hrs, I personally believe temp has a set PH and you should go round and kill 'em all til he pops
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
Posts: 5491
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-02 10:27:40  
I run through all towers when I'm aiming to pop him. I duo it DNC/NIN + WHM/THF. I did it THF/WHM once or twice, but TH can't proc on him so the benefit is minimal even if you're going for a torque.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
Posts: 8236
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-02 10:32:07  
BLU is the absolute best job for doing this very fast lol. I would go thru all the towers. I do Vanity dive/sword (cdc)/delta thrust/empty thrash (if set for DA) for slashing, h barrage/Goblin rush/bludgeon(if extra set space) for blunt and Benthic typhoon/dissv/QC for piercing. Can complete obliterate it with a RDM support.
 Sylph.Krsone
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
Posts: 1297
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-09-02 10:34:34  
mnk/dnc + rdm duo vampric claws, birdbanes, vereth.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
Posts: 8236
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-02 10:37:49  
Sylph.Krsone said: »
mnk/dnc + rdm duo vampric claws, birdbanes, vereth.

Are you challenging me?
Offline
Posts: 117
By olyard 2011-09-02 10:42:12  
For blunt mode, might wanna bring a eva or pdt set as well if he spams petrify (which is also hat reset)
 Ramuh.Laffter
Offline
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
Posts: 11972
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-09-02 10:43:23  


/mind ***
 Sylph.Krsone
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
Posts: 1297
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-09-02 10:46:33  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Sylph.Krsone said: »
mnk/dnc + rdm duo vampric claws, birdbanes, vereth.

Are you challenging me?

What? OP said please share your experiences, so um give it a rest.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
Posts: 8236
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-02 10:47:43  
Oh ok
 Ramuh.Laffter
Offline
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
Posts: 11972
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-09-02 10:48:47  
Sylph.Krsone said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Sylph.Krsone said: »
mnk/dnc + rdm duo vampric claws, birdbanes, vereth.

Are you challenging me?

What? OP said please share your experiences, so um give it a rest.
WHOOSH.
 Sylph.Krsone
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
Posts: 1297
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-09-02 11:55:19  
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Sylph.Krsone said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Sylph.Krsone said: »
mnk/dnc + rdm duo vampric claws, birdbanes, vereth.

Are you challenging me?

What? OP said please share your experiences, so um give it a rest.
WHOOSH.

Woosh is usually used if someone has missed the point, ive not missed anything, care to explain your reasoning behind using it?
 Unicorn.Divinian
Offline
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
Posts: 102
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-02 11:58:48  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
BLU is the absolute best job for doing this very fast lol. I would go thru all the towers. I do Vanity dive/sword (cdc)/delta thrust/empty thrash (if set for DA) for slashing, h barrage/Goblin rush/bludgeon(if extra set space) for blunt and Benthic typhoon/dissv/QC for piercing. Can complete obliterate it with a RDM support.

Thanks for the input. BLU is my fav so I will bring it next time. Trying to figure out the best way through he palace to be the most efficient on time...any thoughts?
 Unicorn.Divinian
Offline
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
Posts: 102
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-02 12:01:44  
Also, I only have whm or blm to duo with. Is rdm favored for grav/refresh? Could whm or blm be a substitute?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
Posts: 5491
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-02 12:03:48  
It's probably not the most time efficient way to do it, but I:
* Escort the Quasi all the way north and kill Ghrahs/Aerns on the way for stuff.
* Kill the North PH, run from North to North West on the first floor.
* Kill the North West PH, run from North West to South West on the first floor.
* Kill the South West PH, go up the porter and run over to the South East.
* Kill the South East pH, go back up the porter and run over to the North East.
* Kill the North East PH and Escape out, do it again.

I've had a lot of luck getting him to pop within one round for the first kill. Second kill has taken me longer.
 Unicorn.Divinian
Offline
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
Posts: 102
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-09-02 12:05:38  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
It's probably not the most time efficient way to do it, but I:
* Escort the Quasi all the way north and kill Ghrahs/Aerns on the way for stuff.
* Kill the North PH, run from North to North West on the first floor.
* Kill the North West PH, run from North West to South West on the first floor.
* Kill the South West PH, go up the porter and run over to the South East.
* Kill the South East pH, go back up the porter and run over to the North East.
* Kill the North East PH and Escape out, do it again.

I've had a lot of luck getting him to pop within one round for the first kill. Second kill has taken me longer.

Thanks!