Confused About Life.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Confused about life.
Confused about life.
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 14:03:49  
Phoenix.Fondue said: »
Shiva.Flionheart said: »
Abyssea was an incredibly casual friendly event, and therefore it will be played forever more. It gave mediocre players a chance to get really good gear.

VW on the other hand gives really good players a chance to get mediocre gear.
with an absolutely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE drop system*

Disagree. With a full alliance, you've virtually always got 18 chances at a, at worst, ~5% drop rate(I've never seen anyone have capped procs and not have one person get a key drop). Back in the day, you had one shot at a rare item every day/few days.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-09-10 14:05:27  
just wondering, how often can you do t4 VWNMs?
also, VNMs were more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE than everything else.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-09-10 14:07:50  
if they DO obselete abyssea/abyssea style events, which i doubt

they are going to get a rude awakening

it's easy to get a false impression of what the playerbase wants because 90% don't post on forums

for that casual 90% that pays the same suscription fees as the hardcore

making players less powerful than they used to be will elicit roughly the same reaction as deciding to lower the level cap
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-10 14:11:44  
Leviathan.Dodu said: »
Abyssea was an incredibly casual friendly event, and therefore it will be played forever more. It gave mediocre players a chance to get really good gear.

with an absolutely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE drop system*

Disagree. With a full alliance, you've virtually always got 18 chances at a, at worst, ~5% drop rate(I've never seen anyone have capped procs and not have one person get a key drop). Back in the day, you had one shot at a rare item every day/few days.
I missed the part where there was any reason to do vwnm that often or why you are trying to make that sound like a good thing
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 14:11:51  
Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
just wondering, how often can you do t4 VWNMs?
also, VNMs were more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE than everything else.

Participating is unlimited, but if you want to receive drops/EXP/cruor/KI, you need one voidstone. Voidstones are on the same system as traverser stones, but we're only running on one 'celerity' right now(the equivalent of when Scars first came out, and we could only increase our recharge with the tonberry KI). In addition to that, you can purchase void dust for 3,000(?) cruor each, which is good for one voidstone. One of the best aspects, IMO, is that when you wipe or just leave, your voidstone and cells traded are retained until you've killed it.

Its virtually unlimited.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-09-10 14:13:35  
so you don't have to build pop sets or anything?
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 14:13:43  

I missed the part where there was any reason to do vwnm that often or why you are trying to make that sound like a good thing

Because if you want something from VW(there's still a handful of good drops for various jobs), there's absolutely nothing standing in your way. Didn't get your Strendu Ring or your Fazhalo Radiant Mail that run? Oh darn, guess we have to spawn it again 5 minutes later.

Its also an extremely enjoyable way to farm cruor. T4 mobs will give 20k+ with appropriate procs(~12-15k without).
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 14:14:52  

Its a VNM-ish system. You clear up an ordered ladder of lesser NM to get to whatever NM you want. Your clearance to fight the highest tier enemy never expires, and only one person need to have clearance to spawn the NM for everyone(at which point everyone with a voidstone is going to get drops).
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-10 14:15:16  

Once you hit T4 you can spawn T4 as many times as you want in that path. Unlike VNM you don't lose your tier.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-09-10 14:15:58  

Because if you want something from VW(there's still a handful of good drops for various jobs), there's absolutely nothing standing in your way. Didn't get your Strendu Ring or your Fazhalo Radiant Mail that run? Oh darn, guess we have to spawn it again 5 minutes later.

The way you're describing it sounds more awesome and rewarding than Salvage/Limbus/Einherjar lol
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 14:16:44  
Gear is still lacking, as has been beaten to death, but the system is fantastic, IMO.
By Entourage 2011-09-10 14:25:32  
You all make it sound as if I hate WAR. WAR is the most beastly job in the game right now, and I fully appreciate the utility of their raw damage output, but I've seen WAR in VW, and it simply isn't realistic.

Do you forget about Twilight? Dying isn't a problem when you can just reraise. The prospect of dying doesn't affect me from zerging Voidwroughts face off while curebombing myself when the PLD goes down. In that short time I'll take off 10%+ of his HP too. If living is a necessity to be a good DD then you have the wrong outlook on DD's in 2011. A bad DD wont go toward the wall when getting hate, they'll run away in fear and wipe the mages.

WAR only momentarily got away with being considered a good tank because of the lovely lovely abyssite of merit + retaliation. There's nothing wrong with going back to the old ways - doesn't mean WAR get's any worse for non-lowman events. Fell Cleaving JOL pets in 1 swoop says hi.

to OP: Get reventant fists+2, been said but I cannot stress enough how much this will change your gaming experience. It will be so much easier to get everything else you need.

edit: and all heavy DDs get a free Enmity Douse from twilight set ^.-
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 14:34:50  
You're not taking off anywhere close to 10% with one Ukko's(assuming the person has Ukon) without red curry buns, Berserk, Aggressor, and every other buff under the sun, which isn't available every time you reraise. You're also not taking off 10% of anything with one Ukko's with any of those things, but without, you're looking at ~4% max.

Additionally, you make getting up/going back into range with 400 HP sound a lot easier than it actually is.
By Entourage 2011-09-10 14:36:40  
not rly, easy things are hard for a lot of people its okay

edit: and who said anything about only 1 Ukkos? my 10%+ wasn't assuming I was weakened >.>
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 14:37:41  
Way to address the least pertinent aspect of my post. Go back to dramatically exaggerating how much HP you take off Voidwrought with a weapon that most people don't have(which is who you're claiming to be speaking for).

A decently geared SMN will destroy the total damage output of a WAR who goes in to RR, dies, and repeats. Why you're trying to mislead people is beyond me.
[+]
By Entourage 2011-09-10 14:39:33  
HOW IS ANY EMPYREAN HARD TO GET? I don't play a melee job unless its empyrean. I can expect people who are bringing probably their best job to voidwatch to have a decent weapon
By Entourage 2011-09-10 14:40:07  
and yes SMN is the ***, not the issue lol
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 14:41:55  
Entourage said: »
edit: and all heavy DDs get a free Enmity Douse from twilight set ^.-

ITT: Don't let what people say about melee DD in VW discourage you, my fellow heavy DD. Also, you can sit and watch unless you have an Tahrongi Empyrean.

Don't claim to speak for the majority if you're going to make something the majority doesn't have a requirement.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-09-10 14:44:36  
lolwut.
Also, isn't Armageddon like, da bomb for Voidwatch?
I suppose Coronach/Yoichi fall into that category as well.
edit - though, relics are even harder to get for casuals lol
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 14:47:18  
I've been entirely unimpressed with Armageddon for Voidwrought, and I'm sure the situation is similar for Celeano. The damage is unimpressive, and the enmity accumulation is far above what it should be.

I'm sure its excellent for Hahava, but enmity will still become a problem towards the end of any fight.

Yoichi/Anni on a RNG/DRG should be fantastic on virtually anything, though. Namas/Coro generate a fraction of Wildfire's enmity, and High Jump should account for TP enmity.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-09-10 14:50:05  
Its good for most things, not so great on things that have MDB, etc.

But, its nice to have while getting buffs from a COR, regain roll is really nice for getting TP for the dds to try and proc without risk of dying.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 14:52:37  
Oh, yeah, sorry I should have mentioned that. COR is still tops for VW in general :3
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-09-10 15:10:18  
Entourage said: »

WAR only momentarily got away with being considered a good tank because of the lovely lovely abyssite of merit + retaliation.
what? retaliation doesn't mitigate damage. brb afk tanking war/mnk
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 15:13:02  
Pretty sure he's referring to the playerbase's neglect for WAR's (imaginary) tanking abilities because of Retaliation's more attractive Abyssea-oriented benefits.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-10 15:16:20  

IT DIDNT WORK IN WOE SURELY IT WILL WORK HERE!

Pretty sure it was designed to nix the possibility of selling the drops RMT style like people do with Abyssea crap.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-09-10 15:19:19  
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »

Pretty sure it was designed to nix the possibility of selling the drops RMT style like people do with Abyssea crap.

I'll never get why people think selling drops in abyssea was "RMT".
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-10 15:21:09  
Sylph.Kimble said: »
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »

I'll never get why people think selling drops in abyssea was "RMT".

I didn't say it was RMT, I said RMT style.

<Do you speak English?>
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-09-10 15:21:39  
That's enough. Get back to the topic. Issuing topicbans.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-10 15:23:42  
All due respect, you may as well lock the thread in that case. First half of the first page more than answered his question.
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-10 16:28:01  
Quote:
/RDM
Quote:
damage output

huh

Also wasn't dodu arguing in another thread that a MNK can tank T4 VW's? lol?