フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Mobile Friendly Site
Mobile Friendly Site
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-09-14 11:45:30  
What the topic said.

A lot of sites have it. Makes it mucho nice. All of your smart phone users will love you.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [107 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-12-30 09:34:15  
Bumping. Have the site devs thought about this? I for one use my iPhone 4 to lurk around the site and there are many issues. I realize that these issues are the fault of the phone and not your site and also that you guys are extremely busy maintaining the current site, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who uses their phone to visit ffxiah.com.

Some issues (again, not the sites fault but COULD be fixed via a mobile version):

Sometimes cannot post. Text field will not populate any text and a browser cache clear is required.

PMs do not work. I have "Yuriki", "Fenrir.Yuriki", and "Unicorn.Yuriki" under my inbox. Anything besides Yuriki fails to load.

Left hand side bar doesn't resize correctly when zooming in/out and moving the screen around.

Again, I am in no way ungrateful for the way this site is run, but I'm sure a mobile version of the site would fix a lot of issues and people would absolutely love it.
 Bismarck.Luces
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-12-30 09:54:56  
Don't buy a crappy iPhone I use an android and I can use all those functions.
 Phoenix.Elspetta
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2011-12-30 10:01:07  
I would personally like to have a mobile site just for the convenience of viewing this site from my phone. Mobile sites are formatted for easier viewing.
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-30 10:19:59  
I added it to Scragg's to-do list already, but we haven't received feedback from him on what, if anything, he has planned. When he does, I'll make sure to pass along what I can if he doesn't post here himself.
[+]
 Sylph.Rebo
サーバ: Sylph
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2011-12-30 10:29:58  
Bismarck.Luces said: »
Don't buy a crappy iPhone I use an android and I can use all those functions.

iPhone does just fine with this website as most. You aren't forced to view the "Mobile" site if you know what you are doing. My wife used to work for Verizion Support involving the Andrioid system base, and trust me Android is so flawed and glitchy even still today it would shock most people as to how many complaints, glitch fixes that need to be performed a day just in her office alone.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-12-31 15:37:35  
Well like I said, those issues aren't 100% of the time. And regardless of issues viewing any mobile friendly site is almost always nicer than the original site.

Also, unlike with the Android, mostly all iPhone users (not jail broken) use the same firmware version unless they've been too lazy to upgrade. Droids have many different versions that certain models may or may not get at the same time as others. So Droid performance will vary greatly.

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I added it to Scragg's to-do list already, but we haven't received feedback from him on what, if anything, he has planned. When he does, I'll make sure to pass along what I can if he doesn't post here himself.

<3
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-12-31 15:43:29  
Be sure to disable sticky on the left side. That fixes 95% of iPhone issues. Also for PM they do load. Once you get to your mbox click your inbox to load messages. For some reason it doesn't load on its own.
As far as posting and PM's go I post and PM from my iPhone all the time.

Edit: The disable option is right under the friends list.
Just disable that and everything works.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-12-31 21:56:08  
Ramuh.Urial said: »
Be sure to disable sticky on the left side. That fixes 95% of iPhone issues. Also for PM they do load. Once you get to your mbox click your inbox to load messages. For some reason it doesn't load on its own.

Your "disable sticky menu" tip has worked wonders as far as resizing issues go. Thanks!

As far as the inbox issue, I'm able to get messages on "Yuriki." When I try to switch to "Fenrir.Yuriki" it automatically switches back to "Yuriki" and does not display the proper messages.
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2012-01-01 15:12:19  
Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
Ramuh.Urial said: »

Your "disable sticky menu" tip has worked wonders as far as resizing issues go. Thanks!

As far as the inbox issue, I'm able to get messages on "Yuriki." When I try to switch to "Fenrir.Yuriki" it automatically switches back to "Yuriki" and does not display the proper messages.
IDK then. But at least that fixed half the problems ^^
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-06 12:31:40  
I finally got a chance to ask Scragg about this last night.

He is interested in making a mobile version, but he hasn't made a firm decision on it. Most mobile browsers these days can display the site fairly well. Keep in mind the amount of work this would take as well.

As far as the PM issue goes, have you tried it in static mode? I'm not sure if this would fix the issue with the dropdown, but it's worth a shot.

If there are any particular features of the site that don't work well on mobile, or you would like something to work better, feel free to mention it. That way we can take a look at possible fixes to those issues without requiring a complete mobile overhaul.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-01-06 13:08:08  
The site is relatively friendly to use even via mobile browsers, however, there are minor grievances that can be addressed by making a mobile version. However, what I would like as much as a mobile version is perhaps an app that allows simple, relatively-instant access to auction house listing and your character sales. There are several existing third party ones, but they're all... clunky to say the least.