フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Decoy Shot
Decoy Shot
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2011-09-19 20:09:23  
Just tested this a little when i hit 95.

Had a nin pull with just kurayami.

WS ripped hate off him.
Next pull barrage ripped hate off him.
Next pull I just shot normally brought the mob down to 30% never came off the nin.

I suppose its good for cumulative hate build up but after 2-3 ws you're going to move the NM still lol.
By volkom 2011-09-19 20:17:44  
for some reason, i wanna say try when the nin establishes enough threat before ws or barrage instead of doing it at the start ~ but
/shrug
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-09-19 20:33:11  
Which is why you use coronach :O!
[+]
By funstealer 2011-09-19 20:36:04  
only real testing i did was in a exp party had a sam hit the mob 1-2times then i decoy shot behind him and shot it down to 0 without pulling hate
By volkom 2011-09-19 20:43:56  
I wonder... if you'll pull hate, if a nin does a blade:hi, then you do a ws, followed by a barrage, and another ws
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2011-09-19 20:53:42  
will try on chukwa maybe, but i doubt it for now
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-19 20:59:38  
Decoy Shot is a CE transfer, we've known this for weeks. Its invaluable during any fight of modest to high duration, making you virtually incapable of capping enmity while its in affect.
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-09-20 09:11:46  
Would I be right in assuming that this ability has a lot more use for relic bow/gun than gandiva?

I'm guessing if I'm busting out jishnu's like this, not taking hate is probably still not an option. Jishnu's Radiance epeen
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-20 10:29:28  
Are you genuinely asking if an ability that's meant to manage enmity is going to be next to worthless in an environment that not only rejects the mechanics of your job, but rejects classical enmity management as a whole, or are you looking for an opportunity to post standard Jishnu's Radiance damage against trash mobs?

Annihilator and Yoichinoyumi are always going to have the upper hand in any situation that necessitates responsible enmity production, but no, Decoy shot does not favor them. Decoy Shot favors those who otherwise have little to no means of reducing their cumulative enmity, and considering the relatively rapid rate at which volatile enmity decays(which isn't currently believed to be part of Decoy Shot's mechanics), its a considerable boost to RNG's sustainable damage.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-09-20 10:48:36  
Mostly looking for an opportunity to post jish damage. k thx.

Also, from my understanding.. to answer my own question... I would actually say Decoy Shot favors relic bow/gun over gandiva because of the fact that it doesn't activate on ranged WSes. If it did then I would say it was unbiased.

Mainly, if only RAing decoy shot is not favorable to either.. but once you take into account how much enmity each WS produces it is easy to see which weapon benefits more from decoy shot. It seems to me that relics can basically go all out under this ability once the tank has gained a little bit of hate and not expect to take hate from the tank (except for barrage of course). Gandiva, on the other hand, is not offered this luxury.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-20 10:54:31  
When was it established that it doesn't transfer CE generated by WS?

If this is an anecdotal determination based on somebody taking hate after using Jishnu's in Abyssea, that'd be pretty silly. A terrible JR is going to instantly cap your VE, which means whomever you're competing with for your target's attention would need at least 1 CE 10,000 VE at the time of the WS.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-09-20 10:59:27  
Honestly, I havn't gotten around to testing it yet. I still havn't broke my level cap as I raged in gusgen trying to compete with 100 other people to get a magicked skull last night :) I had just heard from a friend that they believed the ability didn't activate on WS.

Regardless, if it does or not. Would you not agree it still allows relic owners to be relatively more aggressive than before, where gandiva owners are still stuck not being able to WS ever in abyssea.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-20 11:02:46  
In Abyssea? Sure, I suppose I can get behind that(unless we're talking about killing fodder, in which case Gandiva will win by a landslide), but I also don't think RNG has any place in Abyssea outside of screwing around with people who don't care if you're on an inappropriate job.

In Voidwatch, where RNG is a premiere DD? Not at all. /DRG has always been an excellent remedy for Anni/Yoichi's excess TP enmity.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-09-20 11:06:40  
hmmm /drg? explain, have missed the memo on that one.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-09-20 11:08:29  
interesting, never seen that used. but ya I see where 30% enmity reduction on a shortish timer would be useful outside abyssea.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-20 11:08:41  
High Jump is a 30% reduction in TE when DRG is your subjob. Assuming you're just below the VE/CE cap when its used, you effectually dump just shy of 7,000 TE.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-09-20 11:10:11  
So jish>high jump lol? Bad part is /drg is going to make me use kraken and probably be more obnoxious with hate than usual ~.~ go go self SCing
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-20 11:12:02  
I'm confused as to what you're targeting. /DRG is fairly worthless any time you'd be using a KC for TP.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-09-20 11:20:07  
Was thinking for some low-mid tier NMs in abyssea, obviously acc becomes an issue on anything tougher or outside abyssea in general.

Rng is really just my toy job for now.. if I ever get more serious with voidwatch, then I may take it more seriously. I was hoping Decoy Shot would just work as a constant trick attack so that rng could finally be more useful in taking down NMs in abyssea.. obviously that would be overpowered but I can dream can't I? Back to ninjar QQ.
 Bismarck.Lilinett
user: kidmavado
By Bismarck.Lilinett 2011-09-20 13:42:23  
first thing has anyone use decoy shot with a weaponskill and still get hate. anyone?
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-20 13:43:53  
[+]
 Bismarck.Lilinett
By Bismarck.Lilinett 2011-09-20 13:46:38  
mr level 29 ranger. real ranger asking question please get out the room let real rangers answer. anyone?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-09-20 13:49:42  
Bismarck.Lilinett said: »
mr level 29 ranger. real ranger asking question please get out the room let real rangers answer. anyone?
You are an idiot. Your question is literally answered in the Op
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-09-20 14:00:11  

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

i just imagine your stupid avatar making that stupid comment and its so much better
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-20 14:00:16  
Clearly having actively played RNG has done nothing for your ability to *** its mechanics. I'd go as far as to say that there's a correlation between those who actually play jobs and those who have no idea how jobs work.
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-09-20 14:05:44  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
You are an idiot. Your question is literally answered in the Op
Reading is hard.
 Bismarck.Lilinett
By Bismarck.Lilinett 2011-09-20 14:37:49  
you are right, i am an idiot to be asking short cheese bus tards to test anything i will do it myself.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-20 14:38:58  
 Bismarck.Lilinett
By Bismarck.Lilinett 2011-09-20 14:39:40  
weezy is number uno you are just a hatin lil b word get off weezy d word.
First Page 2