users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Level 95
Level 95
 Sylph.Elgorian
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-09-21 13:08:33  
I know at 90 the Faith Torque Tantra Gloves +2 combo brought you up a skill tier, was wondering if this was still the case at 95 and if not would Agasaya's + B.Kote win for TP?
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-09-21 13:23:43  
I think if I am reading the tables right, each item bumps you up a tier with capped h2h and 8/8 merits - so 2 tiers, total. And that, at level 90, both together only brought you up one.* I am not entirely sure, just basing this off of this and this.

*Edit: plus this sounds vaguely familiar as well. Because vague memories are the same as proof. Right? :)
[+]
 Hades.Perseph
サーバ: Hades
user: Perseph
By Hades.Perseph 2011-09-21 13:30:16  
Depends on other gear/ merits

For people going the route of max merits + gear... the new bruiser earring bumps us up another tier <3

H2H Options
Nakie/ No merits: 46.56 floored to 46
No merits + Faith OR Tantra +2 Hands = 47.33 floored to 47
No merits + both Faith and Tantra +2 = 48.1 floored to 48
Merits w/o gear = 48.32 floored to 48
No merits + max gear (Faith, Tantra, Bruiser) = 48.43 floored to 48
Merits + Faith + Tantra = 49.86 floored to 49
Merits + Faith + Tantra + Bruiser = 50.19 floored to 50

Edit: Just did a quick check for lvl 99 (assuming the 8 additional skills per level holds true) and we'll also see the additional tier bump from the Bruiser earring at 99 given max merits + Faith/ Tantra combo
[+]
 Shiva.Pheare
サーバ: Shiva
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2011-09-21 13:40:46  
Hades.Perseph said: »
Depends on other gear/ merits

For people going the route of max merits + gear... the new bruiser earring bumps us up another tier <3

H2H Options
Nakie/ No merits: 46.56 floored to 46
No merits + Faith OR Tantra +2 Hands = 47.33 floored to 47
No merits + both Faith and Tantra +2 = 48.1 floored to 48
Merits w/o gear = 48.32 floored to 48
No merits + max gear (Faith, Tantra, Bruiser) = 48.43 floored to 48
Merits + Faith + Tantra = 49.86 floored to 49
Merits + Faith + Tantra + Bruiser = 50.19 floored to 50

Thanks!
Can you do the maths for merits+tantra gloves+2 only?
 Hades.Perseph
サーバ: Hades
user: Perseph
By Hades.Perseph 2011-09-21 13:47:45  
([396 Base + 16 Merits + 7 Tantra Gloves +2] *0.11) +3 = 49.09

So they do bump you up from 48 with max merits (but are the same tier as merits + faith + tantra combo, so you can add bruiser to bump another tier, or mix and match a set with Faith or Tantra +2 and alternative gear)
 Ragnarok.Akuji
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Akujisan
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-09-21 13:52:41  
Looks like we got a new TP earring. Not that I think you are incorrect Per, but can anyone second these numbers? It's good to have someone check your work.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-09-21 14:48:21  
OOOOh how did I miss that earring! Sweet.

And, as for numbers... inasmuch as wiki is right, that's right. I am sure there's other sources, too - just throwin that in.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-21 16:13:34  
Sylph.Elgorian said: »
I know at 90 the Faith Torque Tantra Gloves +2 combo brought you up a skill tier, was wondering if this was still the case at 95 and if not would Agasaya's + B.Kote win for TP?
Actually no, each piece brought you up 1 extra base damage, so combined tantra +2 and faith, you got 2 base damage increase, not one.

Additionally, with merits, you only need faith or tantra +2 to get your base damage, you no longer get +2 base damage with both pieces without including the earring. If you dont have rancor collar, go with faith/earring when you get it(although you should really get rancor collar its better). Until you do get the earring or collar its best to stick with Agasayas(assuming you have merits).

Use your h2h skill, multiply that by 0.11, then floor(ie remove the decimals, dont round up or down, just remove the decimals) and add 3 to that number, thats your current damage. You can add or subtract the skill from gear to compare and see if you move up in base damage with or without the pieces. Can check Persephs quick break down to confirm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2011-09-21 17:51:29  
I'm guessing the +5 from the new ring won't bring it up a tier.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-21 19:38:27  
Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos said: »
On top of hands/neck/earring combo giving you +2, no it wont.

412 skill is a naked monk with merits, next base damage increase is at:
419 +1
428 +2
437 +3

So you can only achieve +2 base increase with hands/neck/earring/ring, same goes with no merits(only +2 base increase). You get +22 with all that gear combo giving you less than what is needed to reach +3 tier.

+8attack +7acc +1base damage is what you get from ear/ring combo, personally I think you can find a better ring/ear combo for monk.
 Ragnarok.Akuji
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Akujisan
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-09-21 23:25:04  
Hito....

...I love you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2011-09-22 16:36:11  
Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
On top of hands/neck/earring combo giving you +2, no it wont.

412 skill is a naked monk with merits, next base damage increase is at:
419 +1
428 +2
437 +3

So you can only achieve +2 base increase with hands/neck/earring/ring, same goes with no merits(only +2 base increase). You get +22 with all that gear combo giving you less than what is needed to reach +3 tier.

+8attack +7acc +1base damage is what you get from ear/ring combo, personally I think you can find a better ring/ear combo for monk.

Ok, so with merits you would only need the bruiser in addition to faith and af3+2 gloves to get +2. If you don't have merits then you would need the new ring in addition to the other three pieces as well to get +2. Correct?

And you think that there's a better ring/earring combo than the two new pieces if you don't have merits? or does that apply to having merits too?
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-23 00:50:04  
Ok, so with merits you would only need the bruiser in addition to faith and af3+2 gloves to get +2. Correct?
Correct

If you don't have merits then you would need the new ring in addition to the other three pieces as well to get +2. Correct?
With no merits, a 95 naked monk is at 396 skill. Thats a base damage of 46. Next base increase is:

400 +1
410 +2
419 +3
You only need +14 in skill for both base damage increases. You can get +1 from any of the following 1 piece, hands+2,ring, or faith torque. Additionally if you used hands+2, youd only need either faith alone or ring/ear to obtain the next base tier.

And you think that there's a better ring/earring combo than the two new pieces if you don't have merits? or does that apply to having merits too?
1 base damage increase is the same as having an fstr increase of one. You have to weigh out your other options in rings, for instance rajas/Epona combo. Theres a new ring with 8attack +4stp which could replace rajas for monk offensively depending on how potent 1stp is for monk. The str serves little for this day in age monk since you have +15str on vere,+12 on body, +7 on black belt, +2-4 in ammo and +8 in feet, youll probably easily be capped on fstr on a monk that the str on rajas isnt doing anything. Subtle blow could be a defensive arguement, along with if the dex is doing anything for you in crits or acc.

Theres also mars ring that offers you 8acc/8att when acc is needed. The earring is decent, offering you 2-3acc and 3 attack. At the current moment you have 7att or 4acc/1att available to you.

I havent yet ran numbers to make an actual 100% answer to that, but at the current moment you're only getting a small reward for having both those in combination. I generally dont like be restricted to gear for bonus, meaning if you dismantle it you lose any reason for having them in combination in the first place and thus lose the actual gain.(see pre-95 5-hit sam, needed acc, remove one or 2 pieces out for acc and you lose the whole hit build)

This game has to many -situational- moments and those moments require you to piece apart your builds making combination gears that offer bonus when in combination limited to situations(much like every gear piece in this game....).