New GA Better Than Widowmaker?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » New GA better than Widowmaker?
New GA better than Widowmaker?
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-09-23 10:13:44  
I was thinking Widow may be better since you double attack so often the DA damage increase would make it pull ahead...and I just finally got a Widowmaker D:. Anyone do the maths for them?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-09-23 10:39:29  
A quick look to me suggest the new one will be better outside abyssea but Widowmaker would win inside.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-23 11:04:07  
With changes to WOE and additional levels making Empy mobs even easier, I don't know that there's an excuse for any serious warrior to not have an axe with Ukko's Fury, or at least be working on it. (I admit to some lethargy in this area myself. Working on Glavoid/Itz now.)

In the meantime, if you can readily obtain the new axe, I'd say use Tidis' comment as a guideline.
By Haist 2011-09-23 11:18:25  
Id say yes its better for inside and out, reason being that your critical hit rate is so high in aby you would stack this with a claymore grip, zahaks,af+2 shoes and youll be swingin for the fences with SS RR Apoc.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-09-23 11:29:58  
Haist said: »
Id say yes its better for inside and out, reason being that your critical hit rate is so high in aby you would stack this with a claymore grip, zahaks,af+2 shoes and youll be swingin for the fences with SS RR Apoc.
I'd say crit hit rate is probably capped inside abyssea making Widowmaker better.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-09-23 12:19:36  
5 merits + 20 ddEX + 30 Razed Ruins + 5 rancor +3 claymore = 100% now unless I missed something? add +20 for BR up 1/5 of the time, +3/6/9 more if using Rav Mask +2(WS only)/Zahak's/perfect trophy pants.
 Bahamut.Danthebk
サーバ: Bahamut
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-09-23 14:37:24  
Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
5 + 20 + 30 + 5 + 3 = 100%

wat?

Without actually doing the math, pretty sure the new axe is better than widowmaker both inside and outside of Abyssea.

4 base damage and 4% crit rate > 5 str, no question. But I honestly don't know how much the double attack increase is, but still, I feel incredibly confident that the new axe is better than Widowmaker.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-09-23 17:02:05  
5 merits + 20 ddEX + 30 Razed Ruins + 5 rancor +3 claymore = 100% now unless I missed something?

That's what I mean, Tidis is saying crit rate is capped in abyssea (unless you're using GR for some weird reason or something), and I'm not seeing how without BR+gear you wouldn't TP in.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-09-23 17:38:15  
5 merits + 20 ddEX + 30 Razed Ruins + 5 rancor +3 claymore = 100% now unless I missed something?

That's what I mean, Tidis is saying crit rate is capped in abyssea (unless you're using GR for some weird reason or something), and I'm not seeing how without BR+gear you wouldn't TP in.
I guess I was mistaken, this Axe probably beats the crap out of Widowmaker then.
By mortontony1 2011-09-23 17:50:07  
What drops it? Crafted only? Haven't been able to find any info.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-09-23 17:50:49  
Critical hit rate isn't capped inside Abyssea, lol.
At least for NotUkko'sFury anyways.
 Ragnarok.Amador
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-09-23 19:27:22  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »

I guess I was mistaken, this Axe probably beats the crap out of Widowmaker then.

The people saying Crit Rate is capped in Abyssea. Are just miss wording what they're saying. They're focusing only on the WS itself, therefore saying that there's no need for additional crit rate, due to the WS Ukko's Fury already capping out, disregarding the TP phase Critical Hit Rate, which correct, is not capped when Blood Rage is down.

On a side note, the new toy has a higher fSTR cap than the Widowmaker does, so that will more than likely be enough to win out in the end after factoring the 4% crit purely on melee phase.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-09-23 19:51:27  
I would believe that but neither GA can use UF. Although this lets you cap with BR on Raging without needing Trophy pants/calm subligar.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-09-23 19:53:48  
I would believe that but neither GA can use UF.
exactly. lol
 Ragnarok.Amador
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-09-23 19:59:26  
Hah, good freaking eye ^-^; that's true. So yeah, the new weapon is pretty damn beast if you lack the Ukko's.
 Alexander.Vivicide
サーバ: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-09-24 00:02:20  
Ragnarok.Amador said: »
Hah, good freaking eye ^-^; that's true. So yeah, the new weapon is pretty damn beast if you lack the Ukko's.

Which if you have UF you have a better GA to begin with.
By mortontony1 2011-10-02 13:56:52  
mortontony1 said: »
 Alexander.Vivicide
サーバ: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-10-03 07:15:40  

Didn't you say you almost have a UF axe? Why so anxious if you almost have one?

p.s. /sam
[+]