Chroma EU Linkshell Recruiting
 Asura.Alkimi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2011-10-02 05:48:40  

Website: Chroma - A Final Fantasy XI Endgame Linkshell on Asura

A little about us

Chroma is a long running well established Asuran linkshell. We are currently in a position to add a few more strong members to our ranks. Although we encourage all applicants, please be aware that we are looking for a high standard of player, with high end gear for their main jobs and a strong job spread. For DDs we generally only use those with Empyrean/Mythic/Relic weapons for events, for PLDs we normally use one with Aegis/Ochain. Applicants should be able to cover at least 2-3 of DD/Tank/Healer/Support to a high standards.

We are a European based Endgame LS and as such operate mainly during EU primetime. Applicants from all areas of the world are of course welcome, but they must be able to make the majority of our events and be as active as any EU member would be. Our current weekly schedule is as follows:

Monday : Free
Tuesday : 7pm GMT - Weekly event (Currently Dynamis)
Wednesday : Free
Thursday : 7pm GMT - Weekly event (Currently Voidwatch)
Friday : Free
Saturday : 7pm GMT - Rotation of Events (AV/PW/Dynamis/Walk of Echoes/Voidwatch/Others), will differ each week.
Sunday : 7pm GMT - Event voted for by members. (Non-Mandatory)

*All Events are mandatory except Sunday's event.
*Note, during daylight savings time, events start at 6PM GMT rather than 7PM*

Linkshell Dynamis events are aimed towards killing Arch bosses and not currency farming. Any currency acquired is sold to linkshell members at a reduced price.

Members are expected to get AF3 etc. in their own time. We currently have 3-4 free nights a week which is plenty of time for people to go and get AF3 and work on Empyrean weapons. The number of events per week may be increased if we feel the need or if a greater range of things become available.

Chroma is a shell with strong technical ability and experience. We are not a shell who are used to trying content and finding it too hard. As such you can expect to be consistently clearing VW/WoE etc.

Please be aware we do not currently schedule Abyssea content as an official linkshell event.

Rules

Chroma has a strict no drama policy. That is not to say we have no internal drama, no linkshell can expect that. What we do however expect from our members, is that they act in a respectful manner at all times. For example, no matter how badly another linkshell is failing, or how much ***talk is directed towards us in /say, our members must not respond and add fuel to any potential fires. As a result, we have always had a reasonably good relationship with the linkshells that operate in our time zones. Obviously drama does occur, but on our part we try and keep it to a minimum. Any applicant must be able to respect that and conduct themselves in a fitting manner.

All our linkshell rules can be found here: Linkshell Rules

Requirements

As stated earlier, we are looking for people with a strong job spread, we need people who can be useful in a variety of different rolls, depending on the event/online members.

You should have knowledge of endgame strategy, if there is a event you have not done before, you are expected to do some research before hand so that you know your role without council having to walk you through every step.

Often we low man things or try out new ideas, so an ability to adapt and be willing to follow instructions and do things a little differently at times is highly desired.

Finally you are expected to understand your job and others. Understanding your own jobs should be demonstrated via relevant gearsets. We are not expecting everyone who applies to have the best of the best gear, what we do expect is that you understand what gear is good for your job, why it's good and how you should use it. That being said, as previously mentioned we do expect everyone who aims to use their DD jobs to have an Empy/Mythic/Relic weapon since we rarely use DD jobs without them. Aegis and Ochain for PLDs are essential because it makes the current content a lot easier and safer.

Any questions may be directed to me or any other Chroma council via /tell, by posting here or sending a PM. If sending a /tell in game, please be aware that council are often busy so may take a little while to reply. But we always will reply when possible.

Visit our recruitment section here: Recruitment

Good luck to all applicants and thank you for taking an interest in our linkshell!

Regards,

- Chroma Council Team
 Asura.Kazaki
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2011-10-02 06:44:19  
So to join we need to be geared enough that we don't need any gear, and we shouldn't expect any sort of help with obtaining gear. This makes me want to join.

Also you sell currency to your members... the same members that just farmed the currency. Sounds like good times for whoever is making epic profit out of that one.
[+]
By Otomis 2011-10-02 06:52:53  
Asura.Kazaki said: »
So to join we need to be geared enough that we don't need any gear, and we shouldn't expect any sort of help with obtaining gear. This makes me want to join.

Also you sell currency to your members... the same members that just farmed the currency. Sounds like good times for whoever is making epic profit out of that one.

Here'here O.o, I was reading it kinda lol'ing myself.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-10-02 06:57:13  
Asura.Alkimi said: »
For DDs Empyrean/Mythic/Relic weapons are a must, for PLDs Aegis/Ochain or being close to completing either is essential.

We are not expecting everyone who applies to have the best of the best gear
[+]
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-10-02 07:10:12  
sunday brain fart
 Asura.Daiiawn
user: daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2011-10-02 07:17:22  
1: The best of the best gear is NOT just abyssea gear, if you think all you need is abys gear, this is not the shell for you. If you think you are going to get many of the best voidwatch drops with a pickup group, best of luck to you :).

2: Having an empy =/= being exceptionally geared. Again, if you think that killing carabosse and cc for 2-3 days makes an exceptionally geared sam, then this is not the shell for you.

3: Yes we require anyone who wants to play pld to have those 2 items, becauge without them they are useless at the events we do. We have enough (or will have enough) Aegis/Ochain plds that anyone without one simply wont be used on it. Sucks if you want to play pld, but thats just the way it is.

4: Yes, we sell currency to our members, they get to buy it at below rulude mart price so its a win for them. If they dont want the cheap currency they dont need to take it, instead they can let it be sold in rulude and take their share of the sell split.
 Leviathan.Narshe
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Narshee
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-10-02 07:19:52  
This thread has potential. I hope its still up when I wake up.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-10-02 07:23:21  
Failed a PW in July.
[+]
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2011-10-02 07:25:22  
Dynamis currency is sell/split between attending members.

If LS members want to buy the currency before we bazaar it, then they can do so for 75% of market value providing they are actually using the currency and not selling it on.

Gearwise, we just won't go to Abyssea for you because that can all be low manned easily. If you want gear from Abyssea you'll have to do it outside LS events. Gear from events that we do as an LS, we will get for you.

And yes, it may be elitist, but we do expect DD's to have an Empy, Mythic or Relic if they want to use that job at events. If you don't have one it's fine, you just wouldn't ever get called that job. For instance, I never come WAR because I don't have an Ukon and several other members do so it would weaken any set-up we had if I came WAR over one of the Ukon WAR's.
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-10-02 07:27:34  
Asura.Daiiawn said: »

3: Yes we require anyone who wants to play pld to have those 2 items, becauge without them they are useless at the events we do. We have enough (or will have enough) Aegis/Ochain plds that anyone without one simply wont be used on it. Sucks if you want to play pld, but thats just the way it is.

what about almace?
 Asura.Daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2011-10-02 07:30:52  
Almace is not an Aegis or Ochain.

Almace would make very very little difference on anything we do. More importantly an Almace pld without an Ochain or an Aegis would get killed off to fast and as a result would never be picked over an Ochain or an Aegis pld.
 Asura.Annelisse
user: Annelisse
By Asura.Annelisse 2011-10-02 07:31:49  
While its true we did fail a PW in july, it wasnt so much us getting beaten by pw as it was a couple of people failing to act appropriately.

Each PW form was taken down in ~30 seconds then while we were getting read to buff up for the final form, one of the saccers dc'd and one of the other saccers just all out failed to do their job and stop the mob from depopping.

So yes, we failed PW, however PW was absolutly no challenge whatsoever it was human error that failed us and those people are now no longer with us, so it will not be happening again.
 Asura.Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2011-10-02 07:31:58  
Just to make it clear if you have something like WHM/COR/SAM at 95 but don't have an Empyrean/Mythic/Relic for SAM then that's fine, but your SAM probably won't get used for events all that often.

I've edited the OP to try and make it slightly clearer, sorry for the confusion.
By Otomis 2011-10-02 07:34:44  
This is gonna get too funny, I am an old school end gamer and have killed every damn NM in game, YES PW ADN AV as well, done the HNM scene yadada...But come on some crazy ars leaders selling items to LS mates acting crazy like people only have abby gear lmao, true many new players do. Stop trying to build your "TOP" Member on the backs of others. A real LS are people who chill with each other and do stuff to help each other out, even if it is abby or hell sky/sea/mission. Here I got this for ya, because I used to hang with idiots like you back in the day...

By Otomis 2011-10-02 07:35:52  
Asura.Annelisse said: »
While its true we did fail a PW in july, it wasnt so much us getting beaten by pw as it was a couple of people failing to act appropriately.

Each PW form was taken down in ~30 seconds then while we were getting read to buff up for the final form, one of the saccers dc'd and one of the other saccers just all out failed to do their job and stop the mob from depopping.

So yes, we failed PW, however PW was absolutly no challenge whatsoever it was human error that failed us and those people are now no longer with us, so it will not be happening again.

Note: All failure is of an error, that what failing means.
[+]
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-10-02 07:38:33  
in no way shape or form as i taken a dig at your ls, its a great ls but....
ok hear me out...

you will "only" accept people with emp/mystic/relic ( DD wize)

Please be aware we do not currently schedule Abyssea content as an official linkshell event.

why not pick 1 of your longer term members and build the emp ukon/masa for them......
would rather have a long term member with the weapon and put some effort in2 it.... then some new member that will turn out in 2 weeks and doesn't like the way the ls is run....

anyway GL guys
 Asura.Daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2011-10-02 07:47:11  
Kindly explain to me, the difference between our system and a standard points based system (Which is generally accepted to be the fairest system).

Standard points based ls:
You build points by attending events.
If you want an item you spend points on it.
If you dont lot on a lot of items your points grow and grow.

Our system
You build gil by attending events (Gil is spread equally among everyone who attends).
If you want an item you spend gil on it (Again at a discounted price)
If you dont want a lot of items, your gil grows and grows.

The system is the same, the currency is just different. Its not as if things are sold and the gil goes into the leaders pockets, because it doesnt.

As far as helping people out, if someone is doing something like sky/sea/abys/missions etc and asks for help, they usually get it. What they dont get however, is a mandatory event, dragging 18 people along, to do something that can be done with 3-4 people.
 Asura.Daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2011-10-02 07:50:07  
Asura.Jaybezz said: »
ok hear me out...

why not pick 1 of your longer term members and build the emp ukon/masa for them......
would rather have a long term member with the weapon and put some effort in2 it.... then some new member that will turn out in 2 weeks and doesn't like the way the ls is run....

anyway GL guys

All of our longer term members have empy weapons. They are all people who are capable of getting 2-3 people together in their free time to do these things, which is part of the reason they are long term members. People who expect a ls to build empy weapons for them, are expecting a whole ls to commit events to do something that only benifits one person, which they could do with 3-4 people.
By Otomis 2011-10-02 07:54:44  
Kindly explain to me, the difference between our system and a standard points based system (Which is generally accepted to be the fairest system).

Standard points based ls:
You build points by attending events.
If you want an item you spend points on it.
If you dont lot on a lot of items your points grow and grow.

Our system
You build gil by attending events (Gil is spread equally among everyone who attends).
If you want an item you spend gil on it (Again at a discounted price)
If you dont want a lot of items, your gil grows and grows.

The system is the same, the currency is just different. Its not as if things are sold and the gil goes into the leaders pockets, because it doesnt.

As far as helping people out, if someone is doing something like sky/sea/abys/missions etc and asks for help, they usually get it. What they dont get however, is a mandatory event, dragging 18 people along, to do something that can be done with 3-4 people.

Quite Simply be clear in your explanation of your LS and how you can help other and them help you. You come off sounding all LEET BISH is non-sense. Because of exactly what you have stated, many thing can be done low man with out DKP and just with a handful of friends, and done quite successfully. So chill out a little and know the game has changed and get used to it. Also if DKP = Gil, maybe explain that all money items(inc currency) are stored and put up at weekly bidding session where you can spend either DKP or discounted monetary value of the item in a public yet controlled bidding process. Might be a good idea to back up and read your post subjectively as someone with no interest in joining your LS, unless maybe something you says peaks interest..Mrrr?
 Asura.Jaybezz
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-10-02 08:15:57  
ok hear me out...

anyway GL guys

All of our longer term members have empy weapons. They are all people who are capable of getting 2-3 people together in their free time to do these things, which is part of the reason they are long term members. People who expect a ls to build empy weapons for them, are expecting a whole ls to commit events to do something that only benifits one person, which they could do with 3-4 people.

the 1 Ochain in your ls was built with 2-3 people.... before your answer this question(remember my ls was in the zone at the same time doing alford)
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2011-10-02 08:19:55  
Just to clarify in case there's any confusion.

No member is given prefential treatment on drops regardless of time in the shell. If a new member was signed up to the same drop as me, then we would both lot. Some of the older members are not signed up to any items at all.

All gil earned by the LS is split evenly amongst members who attended the event.

The Voidwatch NM's we do are decided by a vote between all members.

Dynamis zones are rotated depending on the amount of wanted drops in the zone (NM drops, not AF2)

Abyssea Gear and Empyrean Weapons are not done within LS events. But if you ask for help outside LS events then it is highly likely you will get at least a few people willing to help.
 Asura.Daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2011-10-02 08:22:17  
the 1 Ochain in your ls was built with 2-3 people.... before your answer this question(remember my ls was in the zone at the same time doing alford)

The ochain was built for the most part with 2-3 people. All the plates and souls were done with no more than 3.

The azdaja drops were done with approximatly 4 people putting in effort and 10-12 people leeching or on mules. 3-4 of us KI farmed while other people just randomly came out to hold ki's and get exp on mules. Then on the night we popped it (a non mandatory, non ls organised night), we had 2 people on brew jobs, one on whm, one on thf and everyone else who was there were either on jobs they wanted exp on, or meriting.

So yeah, while on the night the ochain was finished, we may have had close to 18 in the zone, only 4 of them were activly killing Azdaja, only 3-4 of them had activly gone out to get KI's and 0 of them were there for any reason other than their own free will.

The ochain was certainly not made by the shell.
 Fenrir.Crystenne
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-10-02 09:46:42  
Chroma has a strict no drama policy. That is not to say we have no internal drama, no linkshell can expect that. What we do however expect from our members, is that they act in a respectful manner at all times. For example, no matter how badly another linkshell is failing, or how much ***talk is directed towards us in /say, our members must not respond and add fuel to any potential fires.

I like the part where your officers are responding to all the drama on this page.
 Asura.Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2011-10-02 10:01:20  
We're just trying to clarify things for those not sure how our linkshell works, no drama intended.
 Asura.Lecreuset
user: Lecreuset
By Asura.Lecreuset 2011-10-02 13:04:39  
I'm so glad this happened to you.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [278 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel