Let's Talk Fishing!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Let's Talk Fishing!
Let's Talk Fishing!
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 112 113 114
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2013-05-12 11:46:50  
Quick question, of all the moghouse furniture to enhance fishing which should I be after? Another thread says stall is all I need but wanting confirmation that that's true. The only furniture I have in my house atm is a Panetiere. What's the best moghouse setup for a fisherman?
 Asura.Kohanu
サーバ: Asura
user: Kohanu
By Asura.Kohanu 2013-05-12 11:51:48  
Stall only. That's all that matters.
By Zoltar 2013-05-14 07:31:14  
Couple questions:

If buying minnows from NPC, how many do they carry?

Are line breaks related to difference in your skill vs fish skill?
 Lakshmi.Makochild
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: makojr
By Lakshmi.Makochild 2013-05-14 07:43:31  
1. it really depends on how often people buy them, sometimes i get 4-6, others 20+
By Zoltar 2013-05-14 07:49:01  
So basically stock up as soon as the shop opens, yeah?

Also, can Gugrusaurus bite on non-pirate trips?
By Spiraboo 2013-05-14 07:57:01  
Quote:
I believe they restock 5 every day, so you can only buy 5 if it was cleared out the day before. Also worth noting is that the price of minnows goes up if the demand goes up on guild npcs, so if it is expensive and you know it's not being camped (which may be hard to judge sometimes since there are several fishing guilds and people said they link), it might be worth it to wait for a day or 2 so the price goes back down! :) The best time for lots of cheap minnows is right after maintenance.

Quote:
They appear in mhaura/whitegate ferries as well as pirate ships. So yes if you're talking about mharua<->whitegate, and no if you're talking about mhaura<->selbina. Be warned they have crazy stamina!
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-14 07:57:51  
Zoltar said: »
So basically stock up as soon as the shop opens, yeah?

Just ride the ferry from mhaura to Al Zahbi and can fish em anytime.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-14 08:01:24  
Bahamut.Tokidoki said: »
Quick question, of all the moghouse furniture to enhance fishing which should I be after? Another thread says stall is all I need but wanting confirmation that that's true. The only furniture I have in my house atm is a Panetiere. What's the best moghouse setup for a fisherman?

Mega Moglification: Fishing
Description:
"Moogle-powered assistance from your Mog House.
Increases your fishing skill, and allows you to more quickly discern when you have a bite."
Obtained By:
It is obtained with the Fishermen's Stall plus possession of 1 Furnishings:
Fisherman's Signboard - Moglification: Fishing
Fishing Hole Map - Moghancement: Fishing Skill
The Big One - Moghancement: Fishing Skill
Notes:
Mega Moglification adds together the previous Moghancements together plus adding on the upgraded versions stats.
Moghancement: Fishing Skill - This increases your Fishing Skill by 1.
Total : Fishing Skill +1
Moglification: Fishing - This increases your Fishing Skill by 1 in addition to lowering the stamina of fish.
Total : Fishing Skill +2 plus lowering stamina
Moghancement: Mega Moglification: Fishing - This increases your Fishing Skill by 1 plus makes discerning when you have a bite much faster.
Total : Fishing Skill +3, plus lowering stamina, plus discerning fish faster
By Zoltar 2013-05-14 08:11:17  
Spiraboo said: »
Quote:
I believe they restock 5 every day, so you can only buy 5 if it was cleared out the day before. Also worth noting is that the price of minnows goes up if the demand goes up on guild npcs, so if it is expensive and you know it's not being camped (which may be hard to judge sometimes since there are several fishing guilds and people said they link), it might be worth it to wait for a day or 2 so the price goes back down! :) The best time for lots of cheap minnows is right after maintenance.

Quote:
They appear in mhaura/whitegate ferries as well as pirate ships. So yes if you're talking about mharua<->whitegate, and no if you're talking about mhaura<->selbina. Be warned they have crazy stamina!

Thanks!!
By Zoltar 2013-05-14 11:27:27  
One more Q, can Gugrusaurus break a Lu's? Didn't see it on wiki...
 Shiva.Alaik
サーバ: Shiva
user: Alaik
By Shiva.Alaik 2013-05-14 11:32:34  
Yes and it will, quite often.
By Zoltar 2013-05-14 11:38:37  
Blargh. Good thing I stocked up on the materials to NPC-fix it :/
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-05-16 03:49:25  
Blargh. Good thing I stocked up on the materials to NPC-fix it :/

I'm already aggravated going 0/750 so far on my mule and I'm catching them with an Ebisu. I can't imagine the pain you're about to go through... Good luck man lol.
 Leviathan.Protey
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2013-05-16 04:53:07  
i just went 1/~60 Lik and 1/~400 Gugs to get my Ebisu items. And yes I caught them all myself with a Lu Shang's. Don't give up, you'll make it. It's way more satisfying completing the quest yourself than just buying the fish to turn in. There aren't many things left in this game that give a sense of accomplishment, this was one I will always remember (along with catching all 10,000 carp myself for when I got Lu Shang's).
[+]
By Zoltar 2013-05-16 07:13:37  
I broke my rod 10x the first day. Hauled in less than a dozen lik and maybe 6 gugrusaurus. It broke most in Lufaise for the lik. I'm going back to buying fish, the back and forth is a waste of time Q.Q
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-05-16 09:50:52  
I broke my rod 10x the first day. Hauled in less than a dozen lik and maybe 6 gugrusaurus. It broke most in Lufaise for the lik. I'm going back to buying fish, the back and forth is a waste of time Q.Q

If you have other means to pull in gil, I'd strongly suggest going that route and buying the fish. It could take you forever with Lu especially if you're on the ***side of luck and end up into the 0/1000s.

At the end of it all it's not even about pride, it's about how fast you can get to start fishing in Beaucedine Glacier lol. Buy the fish.
By Zoltar 2013-05-16 09:57:28  
Truer words were never spoken. Lol

Get that Hakuryu! ;)

Yeah I can make monies in the meantime, guess I'll buy out all the ppl bazaaring in Selbina, never thought it'd be so difficult...
 Fenrir.Sumnydera
Premium
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Sumnydera
By Fenrir.Sumnydera 2013-05-16 10:15:50  
So.. I have a quick question for fishing up Hakuryu, Is it best to go with bait(Slices of xxx fish) or lures? Does it just really depend on what you have space for the most?
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-05-16 17:09:20  
Fenrir.Sumnydera said: »
So.. I have a quick question for fishing up Hakuryu, Is it best to go with bait(Slices of xxx fish) or lures? Does it just really depend on what you have space for the most?

It mostly depends on your server actually. If there's a lot of fishermen on your server, chances are you're going to spend hours each day just to camp enough minnows for the day. The best route is to fish Bastore Sardines up on a mule and make your own paste out of them. Or you can take one day off out of the week to fish Sardines with your main, that should hold you over for a few days. Bite rate tends to be lower on Sardine Paste but you save hours and gil from camping guilds so comes out to about the same thing at the end of the day.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-05-18 14:27:09  
Just a fair warning to anyone looking to build an Ebisu, don't rely on the ffxiclopedia average numbers lol. I went 1/900 on Gugs on my main and finally 1/1100 on my mule. That ~150 average means nothing -_-
 Quetzalcoatl.Cementfoot
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Drd
By Quetzalcoatl.Cementfoot 2013-05-18 14:38:19  
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »

If you have other means to pull in gil, I'd strongly suggest going that route and buying the fish. It could take you forever with Lu especially if you're on the ***side of luck and end up into the 0/1000s.

At the end of it all it's not even about pride, it's about how fast you can get to start fishing in Beaucedine Glacier lol. Buy the fish.

i am 0/578 liks and 0/139 on gugs all fished i got the poop luck but thats life. you got the gil buy em cause thats what i am gonna star doing at this point :)
By Shogunazzazzin 2013-05-18 15:01:53  
Mule- 1/4 Opal Silk 1/37 Saber Shoot :)
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-05-18 17:05:31  
Shogunazzazzin said: »
Mule- 1/4 Opal Silk 1/37 Saber Shoot :)

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Zoltar 2013-05-21 07:49:38  
Got my Saber Shoot this morning...bought about a 45 Gugrusaurus and hit on the 10th one. I came in around 1/90 I'd say

Gonna try the same again for Lik today, hopefully Kupo-powers are still in effect
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-21 08:05:22  
Just a fair warning to anyone looking to build an Ebisu, don't rely on the ffxiclopedia average numbers lol. I went 1/900 on Gugs on my main and finally 1/1100 on my mule. That ~150 average means nothing -_-

Yeah I have 3 1 mule went 1 for 1 on liks thought I pass the f out another took weeks on liks random ***is random...
By Zoltar 2013-05-21 09:20:36  
You guys/girls who are using bait for Haks, how many Haks are you averaging per 99-stack of bait? Just curious since I know its a shitty bite-rate and you're bound to break lines frequently.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-05-21 09:33:29  
You guys/girls who are using bait for Haks, how many Haks are you averaging per 99-stack of bait? Just curious since I know its a shitty bite-rate and you're bound to break lines frequently.

Usually start my runs with 10-11 stacks after crafting 8 stacks of Sardines, nets me anywhere between 70-90 Haks.
 Siren.Vanian
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2013-05-21 09:46:25  
Anyone have any tips for Abaia, want some plumb boots, but so far bite rate has been terrible with trout balls, any better bait to use?
By Zoltar 2013-05-21 09:53:23  

Usually start my runs with 10-11 stacks after crafting 8 stacks of Sardines, nets me anywhere between 70-90 Haks.

Just what I was looking for, thanks! I plan on making my sardine bait too. I figured 2-3 stacks (my original thought) was too little!
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 112 113 114