日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » double weak
double weak
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2012-01-10 04:35:33  
this seems like a pretty dumb thing to complain about, clearly there are these rules for a reason, if there was no penalty it would be almost impossible to wipe to a NM, like it wasnt easy enough already

and also to die twice means you chose to go back into AoE range / pull hate so you brought it onto yourself....
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-01-10 04:49:37  
You really don't want to argue for this, because if they take it to heart the will simply replace it with something just as bad if not worse ie wait timer before you can accept a raise.
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-01-10 05:11:34  
Phoenix.Pooman said: »
Siren.Froggis said: »
Not sure how many of you have done t2 Jeuno VW, but there are mobs that have add effects on ws that STAY THROUGH DEATH. So the burn effect (maybe 30/tic) from Hadal Summons (corse t2) will find itself on you again after you get up. No, it is not an aura since it was on the other side of the room when I got up. So if you don't have a vicar's or a whm (/whm) ready to erase you, you die again (also why it doesn't seem like an aura, since once a whm removes, it doesn't go back on even in range). Tada, rng made useless from 1 death. Other jobs (except magic dmg) can continue to deal dmg since they only suffer from slow (which with gimp hp and AoEs you're meditating for tp anyway).

In a 30 minute battle, double weakness cannot be justified on rng or magic dmg really. That's mainly what I was getting at. For certain VW mobs, rng is almost a must, but if your rng(s) are double weak, wtf can you do.

Was just ranting. Thought others might agree that at this point in the game, double weak on rng is a significant hindrance to which melee DDs have no equivalent. (Yes, I'm saying slow+100% is not even close to doing 0 dmg).

I haven't done this VWNM yet, but this is where the magic of communication comes in handy. If you die, simply tell someone with erase to deal with it as soon as you accept the raise. You don't need to change how the game works for this. There are other ways around it.

and WHM can cure across alliance.....right......
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-01-10 05:46:22  
please don't let tanaka see this :x
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-01-10 05:59:23  
Double weakened is usually not a choice. BLM pulls hate and runs mob to you, then you get hit with AoE and die again. You *can't* do anything to avoid this because distance is very limited in VW (you run too far and you exit the fight).

Slow and low HP doesn't really affect melee jobs at all if your group knows what it's doing. You'll be constantly refreshed with dusty wings, fanatics, monarchs, etc. and still be almost as effective as you were unweak.

I have relic gun and I know how to manage my hate, but sometimes ***happens and you end up dying. Nothing is more annoying than raising back up, only to have the mob turn and nuke a passerby. You are now completely useless for 5 minutes.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-01-10 06:15:08  
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-01-10 07:54:45  
If you are dying because BLM are pulling hate, don't stand beside the BLMs.

Pretty obvious ***
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2012-01-10 07:56:04  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
slow doesn't affect ranged attacks
Nor does Haste.
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2012-01-10 07:57:38  
yeah what xen said, ofcourse ***happens, but there are things you can do, seriously you cant complain, you died because most likely you made a mistake or a party member made a mistake, you pay the price for your mistake, deal with it
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-01-10 18:58:53  
It's not common to find yourself double weakened on RNG in voidwatch, but it does happen for any number of reasons.

If I find myself double weakened, I kind of play on the edge sometimes... If there's a dagger, sword axe trigger I'll fanatic's up, run in there and get a weaponskill or two off, and then run my *** out. You just have to play it by ear though... Pick your shots carefully.

Also if you find yourself double weakened, hit up some people on the sidelines with Mana/Healing powders. There are things you can do while waiting for weakness to wear.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-13 05:58:30  
Asura.Hotsoups said: »
It's not common to find yourself double weakened on RNG in voidwatch, but it does happen for any number of reasons.

If I find myself double weakened, I kind of play on the edge sometimes... If there's a dagger, sword axe trigger I'll fanatic's up, run in there and get a weaponskill or two off, and then run my *** out. You just have to play it by ear though... Pick your shots carefully.

Also if you find yourself double weakened, hit up some people on the sidelines with Mana/Healing powders. There are things you can do while waiting for weakness to wear.

google translate: Learn to play
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2012-01-16 04:02:53  
The main point people may have missed with this is that rng has unique triggers, when they are double weak, they cannot hit their triggers. No other job suffers that same penalty from double weakness (except in some situations, corsairs too).

Made this thread at beginning of 95 cap when most people didn't even do VW. People know much more than they did and its easier now really. So while I complained in October, kind of silly to almost necro-bump this in January, Pyromaster. Trollin'.