Bahamut.Atoreis
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-09-06 02:35:37  
Asura.Malekith said: »
Mafuyu Orifushi said: »
Anyone else kinda disappointed the whole war was over a stupid chick? :(
It worked in the Iliad... but I'm not ready to say Rin is on the same level as Helen...

Why not? You saw Helen or can imagine how Rin would look outside of Manga? What you wrote have no sense.

Also if anything you should compare feelings of Obito and Menelaos in which case one started a war because he loved Rin and tried to give up his live to protect her and all that failed ( Here I would like to also say that all this crap ppl wrote here about Obito turned into super evil Tobi that want to destroy world and about that change being unrealistic, I would like to point out that he doesnt want to destroy world but make a ultimate peace. When in most ppl eyes its bad thing to bring peace the way he plan, for him its a GOOD and NOBEL thing. He is not evil but he is very confused. Its very short road from Obito mentality to Tobis really...) when Menelaos had only hurt pride because someone stole his property. In which case Obito reasons are far more stronger.
 Bismarck.Leneth
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2012-09-06 03:23:11  
Bahamut.Atoreis said: »
Asura.Malekith said: »
It worked in the Iliad... but I'm not ready to say Rin is on the same level as Helen...

Why not? You saw Helen or can imagine how Rin would look outside of Manga? What you wrote have no sense.
Also if anything you should compare feelings of Obito and Menelaos in which case one started a war because he loved Rin and tried to give up his live to protect her and all that failed
Urgh I hardly see the similarity. First off Helen was Menelaos's married wife before the incidents. Rin and Obito didn't have any form of bound besides beeing a team at work. Menelaos fights several years and still succeeds at getting Helen back while Obito fails at everything and goes to war long after she died. All key elements of the 'love story' (situation or motivation) are different.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-09-08 15:53:54  
I found this...

Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-09-08 16:41:19  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
I found this...

You win... lol
By Jetackuu 2012-09-08 19:49:54  
ugh english dub...
 Asura.Sabishii
サーバ: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2012-09-08 20:27:30  

Well, at least it wasn't over a stupid boy (like naruto over sasuke) XD

(not that I have issues with gay people, just with naruto's gaying over sasuke, it's neither here nor there though =P)
 Sylph.Michizane
サーバ: Sylph
user: Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-09-08 20:44:30  

I don't think that's what it was over. At the end of the chapter, Marada suggests Tobi/Obito seems to be enjoying himself. It could very well be Tobi/Obito was using the mention of Rin's death to attack Kakashi psychologicly. I mean hell, first finding out a death friend that Kakashi blamed himself for being killed is still alive (weather or not it is a hoax of some sort is another question) and is now your enemy is bad enought of a blow to Kakashi psyche, but for Tobi/Otobi to bring up Rin's death which Kakashi also feels responable for is hammering home on a cord Kakashi most likely isn't able to handle.

Like I said Tobi/Obito's commend are most likely be used to basic make Kakashi worthless in battle. If Kakashi can't focus on fighting he is an easy target and weakens the overall power of his commrades.
By Jetackuu 2012-09-08 20:46:20  
only trick to that would be if Kakashi was a noob and not a battle hardened elite, he knows his emotions don't belong on the battlefield.

Whether or not he'll be written to play true to that though is yet to be seen.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-09-08 20:55:58  
Jetackuu said: »
only trick to that would be if Kakashi was a noob and not a battle hardened elite, he knows his emotions don't belong on the battlefield.

Even in the Haku/Zabuza fight in Part 1 Kakashi said it is imposible to remove your emotions from the battlefield. And it has been seen in the series Kakashi has a hard time with guilt over Obito's and Rin's death. He's seen visiting the Monument Stone voicing his regerts for not beng able to save them. So even if he has been able to think rationally in other situlations, this might not be the case this time. Also, Kakashi is shown to be deeply disturbed by the mention of Rin's death. Even Naruto and Guy try to get Kakashi to snap out of it. So ya, the trick worked. For now at least.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-09-08 20:59:35  
Sylph.Michizane said: »

Even in the Haku/Zabuza fight in Part 1 Kakashi said it is imposible to remove your emotions from the battlefield. And it has been seen in the series Kakashi has a hard time with guilt over Obito's and Rin's death. He's seen visiting the Monument Stone voicing his regerts for not beng able to save them. So even if he has been able to think rationally in other situlations, this might not be the case this time. Also, Kakashi is shown to be deeply disturbed by the mention of Rin's death. Even Naruto and Guy try to get Kakashi to snap out of it. So ya, the trick worked. For now at least.

I agree. It would be a valid tactic for tobito to use. We will see if kakashi can snap out of it
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-09-08 21:03:23  
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

I agree. It would be a valid tactic for tobito to use. We will see if kakashi can snap out of it

Oh, one more thing. It could also be that Tobi/Obito is just being this up to toy with Kakashi for fun. It's a valid tactic in warfare and like most villians in the genre they like to play with their oppnents.
 Fenrir.Soulstealers
By Fenrir.Soulstealers 2012-09-08 21:44:05  
What if this was all a genjutsu lol.
 Valefor.Ittomori
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ittomori
By Valefor.Ittomori 2012-09-09 07:53:31  
I found this...

This made my day, and my day just started. Some people find Killer Bee annoying but I love that guy. 'Cause it's hard out here for a Jinchuriki~'
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-09-09 07:54:33  
I wouldn't mind that video at all, if it were in Japanese instead of the horrid english acting.
 Siren.Piccollo
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2012-09-09 09:08:28  
most annoying thing about allmost all anime is the english speaking anime fan that hates the english dubbed version, i mean seriously get over yourselves.
By Jetackuu 2012-09-09 09:19:44  
lolno...

If they acquired english voice actors that didn't suck *** it would be decent.

The people who won't watch the english subbed versions are the ones who need to get over themselves.
[+]
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-09-09 11:17:53  
lolno...

If they acquired english voice actors that didn't suck *** it would be decent.

The people who won't watch the english subbed versions are the ones who need to get over themselves.

Why? Seriously why should we watch this english sub if there is an english dub? Cause you think the voice actors suck? Well for one that logic is very flawed because if your watching an english sub that clearly means you can't understand japanese, and your also assume all japanese voice actors are great and all english ones suck. If you go to Japan I can assure you you would find a lot of Japanese speakers who think some of those Japanese voice actors suck. Also you using your opinion as fact. Sorry because you don't like the voice actor doesn't mean other people don't like that voice. I have heard people rip on Kakashi's english voice actor all the time. If you listen to both the Japanese and English voice actor's they tones and style they use for Kakashi's voice is nearly identical. And of course you have please saying they don't like english dubs because its translated and doesn't fit the english subs. Well, the english subs are also translated and wouldn't even fully match the Japanese subs itself. That are some concepts and words in all langages which have a excusive meaning in the said langage. This IS a fact. Take a Intercultural Commnication class and you'll learn that. Also It has been well documented that when a person speak a langage other then their first they have often said they "feel like a diffrent person". This is because values and meaning in one langage is not the same in the second. So what translators have to do is take the concepts and ideas from the original text of any piece of work, and adjust it for a new langage so it has the seem basicly meaning and conictive image as in the original langage. A good example of this is Naruto and his Mother using the word "(da)ttebane" ((だ)ってばね) at the end of their sentences.
By Jetackuu 2012-09-09 11:24:51  
I've watched enough shows to be able to tell when the voice acting is decent, good or bad, most of the time it's severely in the last category.

I do understand some Japanese, but not much.

It doesn't take a genius to realize the difference in the expressions of the voice and how the english voice actors rarely hit the mark, it's really bad.

There's bad subbing too, don't get me wrong, it's sad that crunchyroll can't even match the quality of subs the fansubs are, when they're getting paid.

The logic isn't flawed, why watch an inferior quality of the show? (not to mention the editing of content). Not to mention that the sub comes out way beforehand, fortunately my impatience got me over the hump of "eww subs" I don't regret getting over it at all.
[+]
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-09-09 11:46:14  
I've watched enough shows to be able to tell when the voice acting is decent, good or bad, most of the time it's severely in the last category.

I do understand some Japanese, but not much.

It doesn't take a genius to realize the difference in the expressions of the voice and how the english voice actors rarely hit the mark, it's really bad.

There's bad subbing too, don't get me wrong, it's sad that crunchyroll can't even match the quality of subs the fansubs are, when they're getting paid.

The logic isn't flawed, why watch an inferior quality of the show? (not to mention the editing of content). Not to mention that the sub comes out way beforehand, fortunately my impatience got me over the hump of "eww subs" I don't regret getting over it at all.

You just said you only speak "some Japanese" which means your not a fluent speaker. Yet you place your faith in the fansubs. You say they are better quility, but you have no proof of that because again you can't fluently speak Japanese. You have to take the word of said translator. You don't know if that translator has edited the content from the original text to make it look like something else. These fanbased subs are very flawed, moreso then crunchyroll. But just because you like it your are suggestion that they are accurect despite not being able to fulling understand the langage. A common thing found in said Fansubs is having Killer B swear left and right. When he doesn't in Japanese. This is because the Fan translator wants to show him as a american rapper. Which was not the creator wanted him to be like. Your arugement is still very flawed on every point. Your still using your opinion as fact, and insulting those who disagree with you. I respect others opinions but you can't claim they are facts.
 Sylph.Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2012-09-09 11:49:09  
Anyways it would be pointless wasting anymore time talking to you. So enjoy your day.

*edit* I watch both english sub and dubs. To suggest I need to get over myself when I willing to watch both and your only willing to watch one is lunacy. If your not willing to watch both you also can't suggest that one is better than the other, since you have only seen 1 of the 2. You may have watch the english dubbed at one time, but i seriously doubt you do anymore since your insult those who do.
By Jetackuu 2012-09-09 11:53:30  
If that's how you feel then it's how you feel, the consensus disagrees with you.

I wasn't insulting anyone, unlike certain others.
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2012-09-09 12:13:56  
Michizane please proofread before you post.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-09-09 12:28:59  
I wouldn't mind that video at all, if it were in Japanese instead of the horrid english acting.

I posted it because it was in english lol

But if you wanted the japanese version, here you go:

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-09-09 13:03:06  
You miss far more of the story with dubs than subs because a lot of things that they don't translate are honorifics and certain words, which are actually pretty important when it comes to the relationships between characters.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-09-09 13:10:10  
I know, but that's a song lol
By Jetackuu 2012-09-09 13:11:21  
Anyways it would be pointless wasting anymore time talking to you. So enjoy your day.

*edit* I watch both english sub and dubs. To suggest I need to get over myself when I willing to watch both and your only willing to watch one is lunacy. If your not willing to watch both you also can't suggest that one is better than the other, since you have only seen 1 of the 2. You may have watch the english dubbed at one time, but i seriously doubt you do anymore since your insult those who do.

I used to, got over it.

I still do from time to time, and certain shows I do as they aren't bad.

Again, where did I insult somebody other than the average horrible english voice actor?

Not only should you proofread, you should think before you post as well.

I posted it because it was in english lol

But if you wanted the japanese version, here you go:

much better, thanks.

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
You miss far more of the story with dubs than subs because a lot of things that they don't translate are honorifics and certain words, which are actually pretty important when it comes to the relationships between characters.

qft
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-09-09 13:30:22  
If that's how you feel then it's how you feel, the consensus disagrees with you.

I wasn't insulting anyone, unlike certain others.

Meh not all anime are horrible dubbed. i know i prefer inuyasha, old dbz, full metal alchemist brotherhood, trigun, cowboy bebop and a few others in english.

and so far the only subs i watch in jp are zatch bell(finished) naruto and bleach.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-09-09 13:39:44  
Fairy tail is horrible dubbed, just throwing that out there lol

On the other hand Bleach isn't horrible to be fair, only anime that IS pretty damn good dubbed is DBZ.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-09-09 13:44:01  
The only dubs I can watch are Trigun, DBZ, and Hellsing (first one).
 Odin.Minefield
サーバ: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-09-09 13:46:03  
Fairy tail is horrible dubbed, just throwing that out there lol

On the other hand Bleach isn't horrible to be fair, only anime that IS pretty damn good dubbed is DBZ.
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 51 52 53