Ever Do Something Dumb?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Ever do something dumb?
Ever do something dumb?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Odin.Gaea
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-29 15:05:21
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Gaea said:
Enternius said:
I once called a Cream Puff a "cream pie" on accident. People laughed. ._.

Isn't cream puff funnier than cream pie? I don't even remember the last time I've had a cream puff, but I enjoy cream pies on a pretty regular basis. Cream puff sounds kinda gay, too, so its cute and funny. There's nothing really that funny about a cream pie. It's just cream and pie. Where's the hilarity?

EDIT: Yeah I did something really stupid recently. I replied to a 14 year old's post before googling "cream pie" with safe search off. Ya'll are a bunch of freaks.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-29 15:07:13  
yes...WE ARE THE FREAKS.
*end sarcasm*
well Im a freak...not them
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-29 15:18:50

I'm not a freak. Well, at least not in the kinky sense as that nonsense. I noticed someone brought up my sex-for-gil maintenance prank. So, before you derail the thread, let me make something clear to you.

1: I'm not a ***.
2: I did almost an hour of research on wikipedia.com on prostitution before doing the prank so I could act like I knew what I was talking about. (Girlfriend Experience, etc)
3: It's nothing new for me to do something a little silly to entertain us while we wait for maintenance.
4: I'm in a happy, healthy, monogamous relationship.
5: See #1.

Most of the research for this prank was set up around March 31st. However, with upcoming maintenance, I thought it would get more publicity when people hit the forums because they can't play FFXI. Also, doing it on April 1st is always too obvious.

Some people go through crazy lengths to complete a mythic or relic weapon like spend all their real life money on gil and not even pay their bills. A good prank has some truth behind it.

I didn't expect so many people to be that gullible, particularly the moderators. It was, by no means, an attempt to speed up my completion of a mythic weapon and *** a bunch of attention in the process. It was merely just to entertain people through out a very long maintenance period (14 hours for Odin and Leviathan) and maybe open a discussion on some of the crazy things people do for a relic or mythic weapon. Too many people took it serious for it to take that route.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-29 15:24:07  
Rowland said:
The picture at the end probably didn't help matters much.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-29 15:31:10  
If you post a thread "Sex for Gil; viable business model?", whether it was a joke or not, that's what peeps are gonna remember you for. From now on, you're the "sex for gil" girl.

It's an old story, you're not the first, and you won't be the last. If you didn't want to be remembered that way, you prolly shouldn't have posted the thread.

Did you honestly expect any different? Also:

Rowland said:
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-29 15:35:45

Rowland said:

It was censored! And it was a few years old.

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
If you post a thread "Sex for Gil; viable business model?", whether it was a joke or not, that's what peeps are gonna remember you for. From now on, you're the "sex for gil" girl.

It's an old story, you're not the first, and you won't be the last. If you didn't want to be remembered that way, you prolly shouldn't have posted the thread.

Did you honestly expect any different?

I'd expect people by now to know it was a prank. And I don't mind being remembered as someone who pranked a bunch of people by offering sex for gil/alexandrite, but when people know it was a prank yet perpetuate it as a truth, it's a bit annoying and it just makes them seem gullible and stupid.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-29 15:36:37

Gaea said:
1: I'm not a ***.

But you pretended to be one by means of a prank on these forums? That's pretty silly considering you should know doing such a things means you'd have to answer to people who may take you seriously.

Gaea said:
It was, by no means, an attempt to speed up my completion of a mythic weapon and *** a bunch of attention in the process.

Considering the nature of your topic and the immense detail you went into (you actually bothered to research this on wiki), I find this above statement difficult to believe.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-29 15:36:48  
It just makes you seem like a ***.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-29 15:37:43  
I once told a galka GM that i made fun of galkas
User submitted image
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-29 15:39:00  
THERE ARE NO GALKA GM!!!!!
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-29 15:44:12  
Oh on a side note about perceptions and whoredom

User submitted image
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-29 15:45:29  
User submitted image
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-29 15:47:07  
Gaea said:
I'd expect people by now to know it was a prank. And I don't mind being remembered as someone who pranked a bunch of people by offering sex for gil/alexandrite, but when people know it was a prank yet perpetuate it as a truth, it's a bit annoying and it just makes them seem gullible and stupid.

Whether it was a prank or not is irrelevant. You are now the "sex for gil" girl. Like I said, there are plenty of other people out there that had some shitstorm come down on them over a "prank" and now they will always be known for that, irregardless of the truth behind it.

You thought it was hilarious when you were doing it, you thought you were so clever for "trolling" everybody...these are the repercussions of a topic of that nature.

Maybe shoulda left that ***for 4chan, huh?
[+]
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-29 15:52:09

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Gaea said:

Whether it was a prank or not is irrelevant. You are now the "sex for gil" girl. Like I said, there are plenty of other people out there that had some shitstorm come down on them over a "prank" and now they will always be known for that, irregardless of the truth behind it.

You thought it was hilarious when you were doing it, you thought you were so clever for "trolling" everybody...these are the repercussions of a topic of that nature.

Silence yourself douche. You sound HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I *am* nothing of the sort. You are the only one with this delusion. The rest of us don't parents who are also siblings. I have no regrets. And I'll probably do something even more entertaining next maintenance on video.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-29 15:54:30  
Gaea, I agree and I'm sure a majority of everyone else agree's with Numbertwo.
you're the little girl here who hasn't learned you have to take responsibility for your posts.
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-29 15:54:35  
Gaea said:
Silence yourself douche. You sound HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I *am* nothing of the sort. You are the only one with this delusion. The rest of us don't parents who are also siblings. I have no regrets. And I'll probably do something even more entertaining next maintenance on video.

LOL whatever Poof. Have fun with your next "prank"...
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-29 15:56:15  
Gaea said:

Well.. I don't know if I'd say that... Several of the people here can't see the difference. Personally, I think that the people that continue to reference back to it and are still pissy about it just don't want to admit that they were had or duped.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-29 15:56:59  
Bart and I look hot in that pic.
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-04-29 15:57:49  
Gaea said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Gaea said:

The funny thing is, I never knew anything about Gaea. I probably will never know her IRL.
I still don't know anything about her, inside or outside of the game.
But #2 is right, I still attach her name to the post "sex for gil".
Amusing or not. Serious or not. Denial or not.
#2 is right.

Calling him names and consistantly defending your actions only brings out the label even more.

Whenever someone is made fun of or has a nickname, it sticks the longer the person validates it by arguing.
The best you can do is ignore all statements that have anything to do with the thread and move on.
~Yote
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-29 16:02:24

Yotevol said:
Gaea said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Gaea said:

The funny thing is, I never knew anything about Gaea. I probably will never know her IRL.
I still don't know anything about her, inside or outside of the game.
But #2 is right, I still attach her name to the post "sex for gil".
Amusing or not. Serious or not. Denial or not.
#2 is right.

Calling him names and consistantly defending your actions only brings out the label even more.

Whenever someone is made fun of or has a nickname, it sticks the longer the person validates it by arguing.
The best you can do is ignore all statements that have anything to do with the thread and move on.
~Yote

You are under the impression his label of me bothers me? The further he perpetuates it, the more hype he generates for the next silly thing I do. My only issue is when people are stupid enough to believe it. I havee a pet peeve about stupid people. If you, however, find them adorable, then more power to you.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-29 16:03:34  
Well, calling him a douche must mean you are getting mad.
 Asura.Elvaton
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-04-29 16:09:58  
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-29 16:13:35  
Dasva said:
You know for all this moral/mental superiority your claiming your sure not showing 1 bit

Speaking of stupid people... It's "you're".
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-04-29 16:14:18  
Gaea said:
You are under the impression his label of me bothers me? The further he perpetuates it, the more hype he generates for the next silly thing I do. My only issue is when people are stupid enough to believe it. I have a pet peeve about stupid people. If you, however, find them adorable, then more power to you.

You are missing my point.
My point was that when people like #2 bring it up, it would have died and derailed in 2-3 posts.
However, when you came and made your comments, it perpetuated.
I don't always agree with the way #2 posts, but I can either respond or ignore.
I chose to respond this time. *shrug*

I'm a very apathetic person, I don't really care one way or another on what happens.
I was just saying that I do remember that post and you.

~Yote
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-29 16:15:22  
The real issue is you brought the wrong level of troll to the message board. Sex for Gil troll on BG would have been fine and forgot by everyone in about 30 min, but sex for gil troll on ah.com is ***storm of the year. I would venture to say that many of the posters here just can't handle that lvl of troll and maybe you should try some lesser troll first. Like Tp'n in alky's instead of dusk on drk. would have been a better choice.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-29 16:17:29  
Gaea said:
My only issue is when people are stupid enough to believe it. I havee a pet peeve about stupid people.

You went out of your way to get people to believe it. You encouraged it, to further your "LOL I TROLL" points. Did you not?

I never said you were a *** in real life. I just said that, here anyways, you will be known as the "sex for gil" girl. Similar in a way to Barti being known as the "awesome mustache avatar guy". Except for, you know, his is a good thing...

You made your bed, lie in it.

And no, I'm not "bitter" over the trolling, I just think it's absolutely ridiculous to expect to be remembered any other way, especially when you push a thread like that. Until, of course, the next epic thing that she put's out. Let's hope it's a good thing next time...
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-29 16:20:49  
/backontopic So yesterday i fired off my second PPA >.> not enough CP to replace this one, better make damn sure it doesn't happen again. My macros are SUPPOSED to make it impossible for me to fire it off, but i spose there's flaw in them, edit time!