Ballista Tournament
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-09 22:08:41  
Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
tried to stir up people for jugner uncapped last night on asura, got 3, one w/o licence :<

I used to hate that license quest, but ease of exploration makes it doable in like 15 minutes.
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-11-09 22:46:55  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
tried to stir up people for jugner uncapped last night on asura, got 3, one w/o licence :<

I used to hate that license quest, but ease of exploration makes it doable in like 15 minutes.

I told him that, but too lazy he said.

Removing that quest alone would probably help interest in pvp, which is sad.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-09 22:48:36  

Maybe, but if you can't be bothered to talk to three NPC's. Then lol@u you do nearly as much getting an Olduum ring, or getting an Outpost.

That's really sad. Nothing of value was lost!
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2011-11-09 22:51:06  
Man, I haven't done Ballista in so long... I think the last time I joined an uncapped(75) match in Meriphataud Mountains I got chased around the field by a k.club RNG who just had it out for my RDM.

Fun times
 Valefor.Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2011-11-09 22:53:34  

Maybe, but if you can't be bothered to talk to three NPC's. Then lol@u you do nearly as much getting an Olduum ring, or getting an Outpost.

That's really sad. Nothing of value was lost!

Lazyness to hit all 3 nations is the reason I've yet to complete the Alexander pre-reqs for my lvl12 SMN
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-11 14:33:19  
The true question is do we really care if people who can't do a 15 minute quest are interested in PvP, these are the kinds of fail/awful/***/HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE/ lazy people that don't get all the confluxes in Abyssea zones, and don't cap staff on Warrior/Paladin for Red Procs, or level Greatsword on Dark Knight, or level axe and sword on DRK for red etc.

These kinds of people as we all know are nothing but an endless source of despair and frustration, as they won't listen when you say to cap azure, and incessantly ruby kill mobs because they don't have the intellectual acuity to not hit the WS macro when the little red bar gets tiny.

These kinds of people are the people that sub DRK on RDM to main heal/enfeeble, don't keep refresh/haste cycles and don't take the time to get HQ staves (at the very least) which are now 50k~ a piece.

These are the kinds of people that heal in relic 2 WHM pants, never heard of a hmp set or use one.

These are the kinds of ***people that didn't take the 20 minutes to get the bibiki seashell for +4 VIT on their Torcleaver mod, on mobs in which they have capped ATK.

These kinds of people are the people that don't have evasion sets on NIN and THF, and these kinds of people are those people that at random times totally forget what sneak and invisible are and romp around aggro zones during missions/story line because they were busy alt tabbing, watching TV and not *** paying attention.

Then we get people crying about balance from uneducated perspectives and saying silly things like that having to use inventory for specific gear is in no way connected to them being terrible, or that the fact they have to use specific inventory in the event they expect to be good at, is unreasonable.
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2011-11-12 13:51:07  
but but but... all I wanted was more videos >_<
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-11-12 14:21:35  
Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
but but but... all I wanted was more videos >_<

He likes to go off on emo tangents.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-11-14 12:36:15  
Any word on the videos?
 Bismarck.Zirk
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-15 06:59:56  
I've been swamped with schoolwork the passed few days up until now, as seen by me still being awake at 5am my time making this post. I should be able to commentate the SCH vs RDM tonight went I get back from school, Acorn will get it uploaded next time I get in contact with him.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-15 07:52:49  
Thank you!
 Bismarck.Acorn
user: Acorn
By Bismarck.Acorn 2011-11-15 23:28:56  
Getting these done as fast as possible but school is raping me right now. Round 2 may be up tomorrow. This vid is short because they started the fight while i was restarting my computer ^_^.

[+]
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-11-16 00:44:11  
laughed inappropriately loud at the end
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-11-17 11:07:42  
You know what would be a good way to save time on the first round of fights?

You could have 2 groups of 2 combatants. So 4 players ready to fight at one time, but still only have 1 fight at a time to keep the focus on one thing. When the first group finishes fighting, the other starts their 2min countdown, and the first group has plenty of time to get back to the area where the battles take place.
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-19 05:28:43  
Video I recorded earlier today showing how the NIN from the first fight in the tournament should of went about nuking:
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-19 06:49:03  
Odin.Upbeat said: »
Video I recorded earlier today showing how the NIN from the first fight in the tournament should of went about nuking:

Most impressive.

Sleep was beginning to wear at the end, was close, those nukes were impressive. I wonder if Relic +2 will boost them more?

Jubaku is some serious ***lol.
[+]
By Brolli 2011-11-19 07:38:49  
lol noob blue he just could go sch sub for sublimation/avoiding to get sleept and done
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-19 07:41:10  
Brolli said: »
lol noob blue he just could go sch sub for sublimation/avoiding to get sleept and done

Below 50% sublimation converts to active, removing the DoT.
By Brolli 2011-11-19 07:43:34  

i know but any good blu wont allow getting below 50% (specially a galka), nins are so easy as blu they usually go 1 almost shot with quantum conti.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-11-19 08:07:02  
Very nice NIN VS BLU video. Not like that MNK VS NIN video.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-19 10:18:51  
Is there any conceivable way for NIN to get Occult Acumen?

Derp - Though Ninjutsu deals elemental damage, it is not elemental magic.***
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-19 17:54:51  

i know but any good blu wont allow getting below 50% (specially a galka), nins are so easy as blu they usually go 1 almost shot with quantum conti.
If he was /SCH for the DoT effect I could just hit him with my silence katana or kite and nuke till he was under 50%. It would only take 2 San nukes to do that even vs a Galka, unless he had A LOT of HP/MDT/resist ice/lightning gear on.

And I think you mean; most nins are so easy as blu.... where most NINs just stand there and take it to the face like they're asking to die. Good NINs won't do that.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-11-19 18:23:59  
Dunno why he insisted on Sudden Lunge when Whirl of Rage could have at least knocked a few shadows. Against a NIN/SCH, you're pretty much forced to use primarily AoE spells I'd think. The times where you're able to get a single target spell off, Regurgitation(followed by Auroral Drape) or Water Bomb would be your best to disable the NIN.
By jettu 2011-11-19 18:54:00  
herpin derp derpa
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-19 22:55:45  

Could use

Sadly it didn't work, I just tried with NIN/DRK and nothing.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-11-19 23:06:18  
Been itching to start doing a little ballista again but there is never anyone at matches on my server :(
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-20 07:04:05  
Odin.Upbeat said: »

Could use

Sadly it didn't work, I just tried with NIN/DRK and nothing.

That's some balls son.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-11-20 07:33:51  
Wow that BLU was absolutely terrible lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-20 18:37:59  
That additional silence katana is awesome, forces BLU to slot resist and not PDT.

That's got to be tough to kill or want to contend with.
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-20 18:49:56  
That additional silence katana is awesome, forces BLU to slot resist and not PDT.

That's got to be tough to kill or want to contend with.
I'm not sure if it was just him stopping, but it seemed like everytime silence landed he got bound for a few seconds allowing me to use a quick Ni nuke or w/e spell.

EDIT: Rewatching the video at 7:05~8:00 he was 100% locked down, that was pretty awesome. If only I could do that every fight lol
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21