Ranger Support Jobs?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranger Support Jobs?
Ranger Support Jobs?
By Evangelist 2011-11-01 04:36:06  
I'm feeling like leveling RNG but I am unsure which support jobs i should have readily available for 95(or 99). SAM looks pretty popular(though im not sure how i would use it as a support job) and I'm assuming NIN is probably good too.
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-11-01 04:44:22  
SAM for 4 hit if you can manage it
WAR if you can 5 hit, berserk is pretty powerful though you will probably die.
DRG for shedding enmity (Yeah, this is actually useful)
NIN for being a noob
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2011-11-01 04:48:49  
You should choose whichever fits into your playstyle, but the listed subs varies depending on situations.

/Nin if you're trying to play it safe using utsusemi.
/war for the extra boost from berserk towards ranged damage.
/drg I never tried this yet but what he said.
/sam excellent with store tp, kinda what he said
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-01 05:45:32  
Don't forget you can also use Seigan+Third eye in case of oh-snap situations while you're /sam.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-11-01 06:01:35  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Don't forget you can also use Seigan+Third eye in case of oh-snap situations while you're /sam.
To be honest /nin doesn't provide much more protection then this. RNG only had E in evasion which is as low as it goes so the shadows won't streach as far as they do on other jobs.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-11-01 06:02:31  
Seigan third eye, Sekkanoki and Meditate as well as the overwhelming Store TP traits make /sam my favourite on RNG.

I don't particularly agree with /war, but each to their own.
 Asura.Vrytreya
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-11-01 08:10:55  
/SAM and /WAR is too powerful, that you probably gonna get double-weakened first before unleashing what the SJ can offer to you.
/DRG has too long and not-that-useful-when-subbed Jump
/NIN gives you fake protection because your enmity will still be in dangerous level until you got smacked for high damage.

There, I gave the cons instead of pros.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-11-01 08:24:44  
Asura.Vrytreya said: »
/SAM and /WAR is too powerful, that you probably gonna get double-weakened first before unleashing what the SJ can offer to you.
/DRG has too long and not-that-useful-when-subbed Jump
/NIN gives you fake protection because your enmity will still be in dangerous level until you got smacked for high damage.

There, I gave the cons instead of pros.
What a rebel!
Want to tell us which to use then?
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-11-01 08:30:41  
/cor obv
 Bahamut.Aramachus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aramachus
By Bahamut.Aramachus 2011-11-01 08:32:02  
Asura.Ina said: »
To be honest /nin doesn't provide much more protection then this. RNG only had E in evasion which is as low as it goes so the shadows won't streach as far as they do on other jobs.

Im not a rng myself so not sure how often rng gets in situations like that but an advantage of seigan/third eye would also be it wont get wiped from aoe spells, however utsusemi would absorb single target spells, I painfully get reminded of these differences a lot of times when duo/trioing on sam or nin. "something starts casting aero V on you" doesnt scare me on nin, however does on sam
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-11-01 08:53:02  
Bahamut.Aramachus said: »
Asura.Ina said: »

Im not a rng myself so not sure how often rng gets in situations like that but an advantage of seigan/third eye would also be it wont get wiped from aoe spells, however utsusemi would absorb single target spells, I painfully get reminded of these differences a lot of times when duo/trioing on sam or nin. "something starts casting aero V on you" doesnt scare me on nin, however does on sam
Well with rng since your maintaining a distance to begin with it only takes a few seconds to get out of range of high damage spells baring chain spell. Once you move out of range you can move back in and the spell will still fail, would get annoying in a duo/trio but since rng isn't really duo/trio friendly unless its a worm or something you'd probably be on a different job anyways.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
サーバ: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-11-01 10:03:44  
I don't play rng but my gf prefers /nin so that she can use 2 6% crit dmg daggers along with her Gandiva being crit ws and all. Would that crit dmg put her over sam or war subs?
By Rayik 2011-11-01 10:13:03  
Leviathan.Snakeslice said: »
I don't play rng but my gf prefers /nin so that she can use 2 6% crit dmg daggers along with her Gandiva being crit ws and all. Would that crit dmg put her over sam or war subs?

I though crit% on melee weapons didn't affect ranged weapons?
 Asura.Alkimi
user: Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2011-11-01 10:15:26  
Weirdly crit damage does but critical hit rate doesn't. Otherwise we'd all be using Jupiter's Staff.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-11-01 10:17:42  
Rayik said: »
Leviathan.Snakeslice said: »

I though crit% on melee weapons didn't affect ranged weapons?
I think it does but not 100% sure, /sam would win if knocking a hit off her tp phase. /war might spend too much time dead to get real use of it but my experience with it is limited so not sure.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
サーバ: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-11-01 10:22:28  
Well as it is, she usually ends up tanking anyway because she doesn't know how to hold back...
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-01 10:56:20  
If I know I'm going to be using Anni I prefer /WAR, but if Gandiva is better in the situation I tend to go /SAM. I never use /NIN, and I've never even tried /DRG.