That Knight That Is Dark - I Need Help!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » That Knight that is Dark - I Need Help!
That Knight that is Dark - I Need Help!
 Shiva.Chaosgod
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: chaosgod
By Shiva.Chaosgod 2011-11-10 14:32:46  
Right! Just come back from a long break quickly gotten DRK to 95 and got some few bits tagging along with groups etc

So this is what i have atm just a basic set from where i left off, would you be able to get my DRK up to date on DRK gear :D Thank you much :D
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-11-10 14:44:25  
You need to finish AFv3+2 its damn good. Make it your top priority. Homam is still good, Ace's Hose will free up that ring slot if you can stomach the -acc.

There are many more STP options to cut down on your X-hit build.

Twilight scythe is awesome to carry around cause it is not hindered by damage resistance of any kind, Woeburn is a good option as well.

Twilight mail/Helm is solid for any WS builds.

There a few for ya
 Shiva.Chaosgod
By Shiva.Chaosgod 2011-11-10 15:06:25  
Thanks aton :)
 Shiva.Chaosgod
By Shiva.Chaosgod 2011-11-24 08:17:54  
For a 6 hit build whats better, Pole Grip or Sword Strap (Damage over time)?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-24 08:22:38  
Sword would if you can maintain without a lot of loss.

Would really need to see what you would wear with and without sword to tell for sure.
[+]
By GraddHelian 2011-11-24 13:38:20  
^ This

Sword strap is always the superior choice unless it is breaking your x-hit.

Inside Abyssea, assuming you have Apoc Atma and A&O, I would stick with a standard 6-hit looking something like this:

Outside since you wont have such a high Ammount of TP overflow if you are using Twilight Scythe I would try to 5-Hit it. A 5-hit Twilight would look more like this:

If you start hitting into situations where ACC starts mattering your going to want to swap your gear around quite a bit, this would be a somewhat ideal high ACC build for a DRK using twilight scythe.

You would want to aim for a minimum of 5STP on E:body if you were to get one.

A 6-hit might be better for High ACC since you can dump some of the STP slots for more ACC but I havent bothered doing any math for it recently.

Edit:

Also Woeborn is superior to Twilight and much easier to build a 5-hit around, I highly recommend getting one.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2011-11-25 09:49:38  
This is what I'm using at the moment, intend to work on a 5 hit build in the future by swapping Sword Strap, Homam Gambieras, and Blitz Ring for Rose Strap, Ace's Leggings, and Hoard Ring respectively [Would get a Tyrant's Ring but I'd prefer to wait and see what the future holds before dropping carelessly 2.4M]

I'm interested to hear feedback in regards to my current gear for Guillotine. I figure I'll try to pick up a Bale Belt and a Snow Gorget but apart from that... any recommended improvements?
Also (without considering Abyssea as an overwhelming factor) Heafoc Mitts or Chaos Gauntlets +1?

P.S. I looked through this thread but it's a year old and thus no longer relevant. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/16063/guillotine-set-up-amidoingirwrong/5/
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-11-25 10:00:14  
well theres always that quad att neck u could try for spike ws dmg maybe.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-25 10:00:16  
Lakshmi.Zeosilot said: »
This is what I'm using at the moment, intend to work on a 5 hit build in the future by swapping Sword Strap, Homam Gambieras, and Blitz Ring for Rose Strap, Ace's Leggings, and Hoard Ring respectively [Would get a Tyrant's Ring but I'd prefer to wait and see what the future holds before dropping carelessly 2.4M] I'm interested to hear feedback in regards to my current gear for Guillotine. I figure I'll try to pick up a Bale Belt and a Snow Gorget but apart from that... any recommended improvements? Also (without considering Abyssea as an overwhelming factor) Heafoc Mitts or Chaos Gauntlets +1? P.S. I looked through this thread but it's a year old and thus no longer relevant. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/16063/guillotine-set-up-amidoingirwrong/5/

First thing i noticed was the -mnd ring. I might opt for a grenade for the 5 str (unless youre really struggling on acc, but between bale+2 pants and your neck/waist combo you should be fine). I would also use heafoc, personally.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-11-25 10:02:10  
Justiciar's Torque
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-11-25 10:09:39  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Lakshmi.Zeosilot said: »
This is what I'm using at the moment, intend to work on a 5 hit build in the future by swapping Sword Strap, Homam Gambieras, and Blitz Ring for Rose Strap, Ace's Leggings, and Hoard Ring respectively [Would get a Tyrant's Ring but I'd prefer to wait and see what the future holds before dropping carelessly 2.4M] I'm interested to hear feedback in regards to my current gear for Guillotine. I figure I'll try to pick up a Bale Belt and a Snow Gorget but apart from that... any recommended improvements? Also (without considering Abyssea as an overwhelming factor) Heafoc Mitts or Chaos Gauntlets +1? P.S. I looked through this thread but it's a year old and thus no longer relevant. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/16063/guillotine-set-up-amidoingirwrong/5/

First thing i noticed was the -mnd ring. I might opt for a grenade for the 5 str (unless youre really struggling on acc, but between bale+2 pants and your neck/waist combo you should be fine). I would also use heafoc, personally.

yes listen to ash the *** sword has both emph gs and scythe... ; ;
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2011-11-25 13:05:27  
Yeah I saw the -mnd on the ring, just figured I'd switch to a Spiral Ring (I guess) at a later date. Vulcan's Probably best but I already have a spiral for Camlann's Torment so +1 inventory > +1 strength, lol.

I got the Fracus Grenade and swapped in Heafoc, if acc seems poor I'll switch back to Chaos Gauntlets +1.

Ty for responses.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2011-11-27 11:06:40  
So one more question...

Woeborn: 131 DMG, 528 Delay, STR+6, Dark M.S. +7, Enhanced Endark

or

Reckoning +3: 119 DMG, 528 Delay, DMG +7 (126 total), WS DMG +10%

or

Absolution +3: 132 DMG, 513 Delay, STR+9(or 10?), Atk+24(~28?)

...they all seem pretty close, I figure as a Drk who is still reliant on Guillotine the Reckoning +3 may be best because 10% damage is a pretty hefty increase for WS damage from just one piece, not to mention the fact that a 5-hit build is the same as with the Woeborn and all you're really giving up is 5 base damage (which shouldn't matter too much for a tp build).

There could always be something I'm missing though, so figured before I slave away with a weapon I'd just double check first.