Relic +2 Set.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Relic +2 set.
Relic +2 set.
 Ragnarok.Matriarch
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Taisaijin
By Ragnarok.Matriarch 2011-11-21 23:51:13  
Hands and legs look great for Quietus.

>She uses Quietus!

Laughingharlots.jpg
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-11-22 21:12:13  
Ragnarok.Matriarch said: »
legs [...] for Quietus.
calmecac trousers.

Hell, even the STR+ and Attack+ on AFv3 legs is better.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-11-23 02:21:43  
volkom said: »
the body piece should've included vit

If you honestly believe that would make it better than even Byrnie+1, the 3rd best ws body for torc, then you are wrong.

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Odin.Sheelay said: »
How can you tell the effect on feet requires of you to keep wearing them? Was this info leaked from the test server?
It's the way Abyss Sollerets have always been, but do you know what their normal effect is anyway?
Quote:
Last Resort will decrease defense by 10% less than normal.
If it now adds +5% attack to LR or something they'd be a nice WS piece though.

I like how suppositions about these pieces being useful are reliant on a few things:
-8% casting time matters when you're not dropping Hasso to cast (or makes an appreciable difference on four second or less casting times anyway).
MDB set is useful for DRK.
INT adds MAcc to Dark Magic spells (call me 99% sure it doesn't).

Didn't pay attention to the MND on hands. I suppose that makes them better than Heafoc for lolQuietus.

Body would have been awesome if they'd put something more like +20 MAB on it. Yes, I said MAB. I'll upgrade it and hands anyway, but the use is very niche: Abyssea OA2-4 Infernal/Herculean spam. Not quite as compelling to put a ton of work in for just +2 MAB on something that constrained in application.

Well you lost to that 1% then. Cause it has always been rule of thumb stick int or haste depending on spell (absorb spells int as lol don't need haste to recast for those.) Haste for stun unless resisting, then use int where can't do fastcast and such. Int is magic accuracy regardless. It does help on drains where mab can't fit as well

As far as quietus gear goes... lolmnd? stack str attack. It's like it was for guillotine back in the day hearing of drks using high mnd pieces. It doesn't make a difference in the least. Yeah for longer silence duration.... anyways that was my rant. OOh and head is a good precast piece so don't knock it.

We are also forgetting though this is for lvl 99. Besides relic+2 gear.... they will unleash other gear as well along with that update so who knows in general if anything they made for other jobs is gonna be good as well. Except ninja cause ninjas relic+2 is *** hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooot.... relic body+2... new tp piece. That alone will be sexy enough. If they lose the dusk to dawn thing for the relic hands... I can toss my dusk+1 (no I can't zouri signed them for me <333 nicest person on this server)

As a final note... aren't you tired of getting all worked up on drk getting shafted? It happens every update and just like your job and talk about good updates not every bad update... don't wanna seem like those rdms in Official Forums ... god pls don't act like them.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-11-23 02:35:46  
Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
Cause it has always been rule of thumb stick int or haste depending on spell (absorb spells int as lol don't need haste to recast for those.) Haste for stun unless resisting, then use int where can't do fastcast and such. Int is magic accuracy regardless. It does help on drains where mab can't fit as well
You heard it here guys, INT and MAB affect Drain.
By Skylark1 2011-11-23 02:38:05  
wat.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-11-23 02:38:52  
Cause it has always been rule of thumb stick int or haste depending on spell (absorb spells int as lol don't need haste to recast for those.) Haste for stun unless resisting, then use int where can't do fastcast and such. Int is magic accuracy regardless. It does help on drains where mab can't fit as well

You heard it hear guys Magic Bursting DOESN'T MAKE YOUR DRAINS DO MORE DMG!?
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-11-23 02:41:36  
Magic Bursting is an elemental potency boost, just like elemental staves or Cosmos atma (which does affect drains mind you, Endark too!)

Funny how eight years of playing can help one weigh someone's credibility in an instant like that though.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-11-23 03:53:34  
Magic Bursting is an elemental potency boost, just like elemental staves or Cosmos atma (which does affect drains mind you, Endark too!)

Funny how eight years of playing can help one weigh someone's credibility in an instant like that though.

Ik what magic burst is and elemental potency boost is. And Ik I've seen testing from 5 years ago about mab having an effect on drain.
 Fenrir.Enternius
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-11-23 03:59:42  
MAB doesn't affect Drain.

Neither does INT.

There's no other way to put it. It's only Dark Skill and raw potency, from weather, staves, Ebullience, or Magic Burst.
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-11-23 04:05:01  
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-11-23 08:29:18  
Magic Bursting is an elemental potency boost, just like elemental staves or Cosmos atma (which does affect drains mind you, Endark too!) Funny how eight years of playing can help one weigh someone's credibility in an instant like that though.
Ik what magic burst is and elemental potency boost is. And Ik I've seen testing from 5 years ago about mab having an effect on drain.

You noobed it up so hard with the Drain comments that people skipped:

"It doesn't make a difference in the least. Yeah for longer silence duration.... anyways that was my rant."

....lol....
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-11-23 13:54:35  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Magic Bursting is an elemental potency boost, just like elemental staves or Cosmos atma (which does affect drains mind you, Endark too!) Funny how eight years of playing can help one weigh someone's credibility in an instant like that though.

You noobed it up so hard with the Drain comments that people skipped:

"It doesn't make a difference in the least. Yeah for longer silence duration.... anyways that was my rant."

....lol....

People used to believe that the mnd was for silence duration back in the day and stacked it on casting mobs. Like how people used to believe lucky eggs would give a higher drop rate, or divine seal would lessen exp loss or some ***. that was a joke if you didn't get that one.
 Asura.Jadecc
サーバ: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-11-23 14:01:44  
the difference of your int and targets int might make a difference? in that case im sure your uh 'dINT'? would be capped in all cases
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-23 14:39:57  
Well...

continued

Not that I actually think the person you responded to had knowledge of such testing, but it should nonetheless be mentioned.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-11-23 14:45:21  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Well...

continued

Not that I actually think the person you responded to had knowledge of such testing, but it should nonetheless be mentioned.

No I knew that Int did help with drains and aspirs in the form of MAC, while I also thought that I read MAB helps drains. I may be wrong in the latter. But it still stands where you can't stack Drk skill and MAC gear put Int in place. But I know now that my MAB for drain is wrong. I'll have to look up where I saw that again, though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-23 14:46:48  
I'm going to go with "nowhere reputable" and suggest that you excuse yourself from the thread before you dig yourself a deeper hole.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-11-23 23:01:35  
But I know now that my MAB for drain is wrong. I'll have to look up where I saw that again, though.
You heard it from some bint who jumped into a thread saying MAB affected Drain and you didn't read the next page where he was slapped down. He heard it from a twit in another thread and didn't read on to them being slapped down, who read it on the wiki before somebody rolled back the crap edit which was citing someone mentioning it on a forum but missed the third page where their derping was smacked down too.

It's an ongoing cycle of RTFT failure.

I like the INT testing though. That's why I was 99% sure otherwise, because I can understand dINT affecting all magic for much the same systemic analysis that -INT was forever scorned on smurf PLDs.

This guy has a ton of useful stuff for me to read now... or when I get back from Skyrim at least.
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-24 14:43:23  
I wish MAB affected drain/aspir. . .

BUT.

But this also means that neither does MDB, and surprisingly neither does Mana Wall. Which when fighting a Black Mage, is a good thing.

Or Saline Coat, gtfoBLU.

Winnnnnnnnn.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-24 14:45:53  
volkom said: »
the body piece should've included vit

If you honestly believe that would make it better than even Byrnie+1, the 3rd best ws body for torc, then you are wrong.

Odin.Sheelay said: »
How can you tell the effect on feet requires of you to keep wearing them? Was this info leaked from the test server?
It's the way Abyss Sollerets have always been, but do you know what their normal effect is anyway?
Quote:
Last Resort will decrease defense by 10% less than normal.
If it now adds +5% attack to LR or something they'd be a nice WS piece though.

I like how suppositions about these pieces being useful are reliant on a few things:
-8% casting time matters when you're not dropping Hasso to cast (or makes an appreciable difference on four second or less casting times anyway).
MDB set is useful for DRK.
INT adds MAcc to Dark Magic spells (call me 99% sure it doesn't).

Didn't pay attention to the MND on hands. I suppose that makes them better than Heafoc for lolQuietus.

Body would have been awesome if they'd put something more like +20 MAB on it. Yes, I said MAB. I'll upgrade it and hands anyway, but the use is very niche: Abyssea OA2-4 Infernal/Herculean spam. Not quite as compelling to put a ton of work in for just +2 MAB on something that constrained in application.

Well you lost to that 1% then. Cause it has always been rule of thumb stick int or haste depending on spell (absorb spells int as lol don't need haste to recast for those.) Haste for stun unless resisting, then use int where can't do fastcast and such. Int is magic accuracy regardless. It does help on drains where mab can't fit as well

As far as quietus gear goes... lolmnd? stack str attack. It's like it was for guillotine back in the day hearing of drks using high mnd pieces. It doesn't make a difference in the least. Yeah for longer silence duration.... anyways that was my rant. OOh and head is a good precast piece so don't knock it.

We are also forgetting though this is for lvl 99. Besides relic+2 gear.... they will unleash other gear as well along with that update so who knows in general if anything they made for other jobs is gonna be good as well. Except ninja cause ninjas relic+2 is *** hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooot.... relic body+2... new tp piece. That alone will be sexy enough. If they lose the dusk to dawn thing for the relic hands... I can toss my dusk+1 (no I can't zouri signed them for me <333 nicest person on this server)

As a final note... aren't you tired of getting all worked up on drk getting shafted? It happens every update and just like your job and talk about good updates not every bad update... don't wanna seem like those rdms in Official Forums ... god pls don't act like them.

Interesting side note, MND does help with silence potency and duration considerably with Guillotine. (As well as boosting damage.)

Because when you use it, you need it to land or did, in the days of 75cap vs RDM or BLU.

On this note I've been pondering that INT while boosting damage on Apocalypse, has something to do with the HP returned, as if the "Drain" aspect is a separate roll to determine A) your Damage and then B) how much % hp is returned to damage.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-25 08:09:21  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
On this note I've been pondering that INT while boosting damage on Apocalypse, has something to do with the HP returned, as if the "Drain" aspect is a separate roll to determine A) your Damage and then B) how much % hp is returned to damage.

[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-11-25 16:20:09  
Head, three 100 pieces
Body, two 100 pieces
Hands/Legs/Feet, one 100 piece each

-5 inventory, Dread Spikes up 0.24 seconds faster, and extra INT for 'magic accuracy' because you don't have +10 or +15 DMS hands: Priceless.

For everything else, there's thunder card
 Ragnarok.Matriarch
user: Taisaijin
By Ragnarok.Matriarch 2011-11-26 20:09:38  
legs [...] for Quietus.
calmecac trousers.

Ah, I was under the assumption that Quietus ignoring 10% enemy DEF allowed for more flexibility on stacking ATK. That'll teach me.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-11-26 20:28:43  
legs [...] for Quietus.
calmecac trousers.

Ah, I was under the assumption that Quietus ignoring 10% enemy DEF allowed for more flexibility on stacking ATK. That'll teach me.
If you need Attack, you need a lot of it, period. If Quietus was even just 25% it might matter more, but that's just how crappy Quietus is and how much SE hates Scythe.

If you wanted to be specific, just the STR +12 on bale flanchard +2 actually matches STR +7 MND +7 if fSTR is uncapped (the MND being +2 WSC and potentially +3, while 5 more STR is +1 or +2 WSC and fSTR each, a much better chance of +3 or more). So no, it doesn't even really need the Attack+, but that's the kicker.
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-11-26 20:34:48  
that +2 Head is relivant to my Torcleaving interests
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-26 20:35:46  
Shiva.Gib said: »
...Why?
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-11-26 20:40:47  
Twilight helm

Derp.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-30 00:08:23  
Twilight helm

Derp.

Hahahah christ.

I should marry you.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-30 00:43:06  
You're not even losing any attack. 2STR will make up for it. You are however missing that Torcleaver has a VIT mod.