users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » TP / WS advice
TP / WS advice
 Kujata.Savain
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2011-11-26 01:33:34  
I was wondering how I could improve my TP and my WS sets. I'm working on a Farsha now, but will finish shortly and get a Gandiva.

is my TP set. is my sidewinder set.

I swap to Sylvan legs+2, Light earring with crit rate +1, to the elemental belt / gorget, and to Loki's Kaftan for Arching Arrow.

My Radiance set is going to look like this:

I use impulse belt pre-shot, and am working towards a pair of augmented Crimson Finger Gauntlets.

Seiryu's Kote has STP+3, crit rate+2
Haidate has damage+2, stp+4

Would a 4 hit best a 5 hit? Is Haidate still better than legs+2 on Radiance?
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-11-26 01:48:31  
Don't mean to be a ***, but there is quite a bit you can improve. Take some time reading through the forums.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-11-26 01:49:42  
This thread has a buncha stuff on it.
 Kujata.Savain
サーバ: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2011-11-26 02:17:57  
@ Curty, almost every post only deals with a WS set, and as none have thus far been decided upon as the best, I was looking for direct input. The TP sets that are shown are typically 9+ months old, and factoring in some of the new gear I may have forgotten about for RNG, I'd like additional feedback.

@ Gimpness, yes I read through it, but none of questions I have were answered, and although on page 10 a decent looking TP set was posted, I'd like more feedback from career rangers as I am just starting to make a career out of it.

Bellona's Ring is something I didn't consider.
Merman's = generic Racc ring (would buy whatever the highest +1 is)
Sylvan Hands are currently +1
 Bahamut.Gimpness
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-11-26 03:02:01  
the two questions i see that you had were answered in that thread, read it again.

I don't know enough about rng, and i don't really care enough right now to look through and find the answers. If you don't want to take the time to read the information handed to you, then you're probly not going to find the answer. If you're blind, go to forum on the left hand side of your page and search forum topics or posts for jishnu's. I'm pretty sure everything you're going to ask has been covered already. if not I'd ask in one of those threads, you're more likely to get an answer than making a new thread.