TP/WS Set Thoughts.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » TP/WS set thoughts.
TP/WS set thoughts.
 Siren.Seiri
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-29 19:32:15  
Tp set

26 tp/hit exactly, 3 hits land for 78 tp, requiring 22 tp return on WS for a perfect 4 hit.

WS set

Returns 21.31tp, 22.31 assuming first and one additional shot land.

Osode has 2% DA/3% crit dmg/8atk aug
Crim. Greaves have 4 blu magic, 5 subtle blow and +5 str

Snapshot

Hands with +4 snapshot augment.

Thanks.
 Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-11-29 19:38:52  
I don't know RNG well so the only thing that stands out to me is possibly Moonshade Earring with regain for TP instead of Novia in case that additional hit doesn't land.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-29 19:56:22  
Asura.Kaisuko said: »
I don't know RNG well so the only thing that stands out to me is possibly Moonshade Earring with regain for TP instead of Novia in case that additional hit doesn't land.

Regain moonshade would alter my build considerably, assuming the allowance of 1tp/shot, it would decrease the required tp/shot to 24.9, allowing me to lose the mekki for vulcans (more ratk) and still net 97 tp within 3 shots + WS, 100 with the 3 regain ticks, thus removing the requirement for 2/3 shots to land on JR.

However, my moonshade will be tp bonus when i finish, as it has significantly more usage.
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-11-29 20:01:00  
Possibly keep Loki's on for WS and pair it with some BH augmented with AGI/STP/Crit Dmg?
 Ragnarok.Shaay
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaay 2011-11-29 20:44:39  
Possibly read the other million threads on this WS and gear choices? Why is there a new thread for Jishnu's every week?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-29 20:46:34  
Cuz people only look at the 8 or so topics on the home page.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-29 23:50:46  
Asura.Kaisuko said: »
Possibly keep Loki's on for WS and pair it with some BH augmented with AGI/STP/Crit Dmg?

I should have been more specific, but this was mostly a non-abys setup, where the str from kirins will well outweigh the 1dex/2% crit dmg increase from lokis.

Same can be said for the 3% crit rate vs 4% crit dmg on legs, and the true shot/12ratk vs 15 dex arguement has been done and decided that +2 legs win over byakkos outside at the very least.

Ragnarok.Shaay said: »
Possibly read the other million threads on this WS and gear choices? Why is there a new thread for Jishnu's every week?

Having looked at all the other threads, the idea of a 4 hit build, while mentioned, is never elaborated on (or that I could find). I would assume that this is simply because a 4 hit with the 490 delay on gandiva is basically impractical compared to the much easier 524 delay on harrier, but even still you really need to read the threads yourself before bothering others.
 Siren.Froggis
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2011-12-11 02:01:08  
Aiming for 4-hit is not worth it imo. You sacrifice a lot of slots that could have more rttk or -enm. In voidwatch, the miser's/tactician's essentially makes hit builds null for rng - you usually only need to shoot once or twice to get to 100% again.

WS wise, despite what others say about their magically capped racc on high eva VW NMs with Jishnu's... I think they're lying, and Light Gorget will beat rancor in a 30min battle. Also, someone either here or on dev forums mentioned that Light Gorget ftp boost affects all three hits of jishnu's, similar to ftp mods on blue magic spells (citation required but too lazy to search and link), whereas other ws, the gorget will only boost the ftp mod of the first hit. Currently, VW is only relevant content for rng, so that should justify ditching the collar. Also, +2 body outside. You really don't crit that often and if you do it's because you used Champion's. Byakko's Haidate, I use outside because sometimes I'm not really paying attention/don't use windower and if you're not getting the True shot, then +2 pants won't beat haidate.

In VW, a -40 ~ -50 enm Jishnu's rng can survive the whole fight using decoy and a thf. Honestly, just shoot for that and a 5-hit. I would say try to get near the -50enm in your ws set too but really, there is a reason why no one talks about 4-hits for bows... they're just not practical quite yet 9especially for gandiva) but getting closer. I'm sure you wanted advice on how to pursue the 4-hit but instead I'm just telling you 5-hit, -50enm lol. Also, you can easily maintain a versatile 5-hit, swapping enm for dmg when appropriate content is released in the future (dungeon crawl thingy etc.). Pieces to look into for -enm: phrenic torque, novia, that new back piece, +2 body, +2 feet, +1 relic feet, + that newish hairpin, oneiros earring, lame rings, pax grip, buccaneer's belt, and probably a few others.

edit: oh geez didn't realize this is like 2 weeks since last post lol. Hope it still helps.
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-11 20:44:39  
Well said. I guess I don't need to write more in this matter lol.
 Asura.Jadecc
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-12-11 22:01:45  
does this include the regain from voidwatch or are you actually doing something other than voidwatch outside abyssea
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-12-11 22:09:30  
Siren.Froggis said: »
Aiming for 4-hit is not worth it imo. You sacrifice a lot of slots that could have more rttk or -enm. In voidwatch, the miser's/tactician's essentially makes hit builds null for rng - you usually only need to shoot once or twice to get to 100% again.

WS wise, despite what others say about their magically capped racc on high eva VW NMs with Jishnu's... I think they're lying, and Light Gorget will beat rancor in a 30min battle. Also, someone either here or on dev forums mentioned that Light Gorget ftp boost affects all three hits of jishnu's, similar to ftp mods on blue magic spells (citation required but too lazy to search and link), whereas other ws, the gorget will only boost the ftp mod of the first hit. Currently, VW is only relevant content for rng, so that should justify ditching the collar. Also, +2 body outside. You really don't crit that often and if you do it's because you used Champion's. Byakko's Haidate, I use outside because sometimes I'm not really paying attention/don't use windower and if you're not getting the True shot, then +2 pants won't beat haidate.

In VW, a -40 ~ -50 enm Jishnu's rng can survive the whole fight using decoy and a thf. Honestly, just shoot for that and a 5-hit. I would say try to get near the -50enm in your ws set too but really, there is a reason why no one talks about 4-hits for bows... they're just not practical quite yet 9especially for gandiva) but getting closer. I'm sure you wanted advice on how to pursue the 4-hit but instead I'm just telling you 5-hit, -50enm lol. Also, you can easily maintain a versatile 5-hit, swapping enm for dmg when appropriate content is released in the future (dungeon crawl thingy etc.). Pieces to look into for -enm: phrenic torque, novia, that new back piece, +2 body, +2 feet, +1 relic feet, + that newish hairpin, oneiros earring, lame rings, pax grip, buccaneer's belt, and probably a few others.

edit: oh geez didn't realize this is like 2 weeks since last post lol. Hope it still helps.

I'd forgotten this topic, but a few replies.

This was primarily a pre-emptive set consideration for non-VW content that will/may be added, and im fully aware of the alterations needed for VW. Should also mention that for VW i tend to use armageddon and wildfire for the obvious reasons.

Couple of points to make.

1: capping racc on top tier VW isn't hard in the slightest. Even if you need to use stalwarts to do that, which as rng you really shouldn't. The fTP oddity with JR is fairly common knowledge, and I wound up parsing the two on aello to find gorget won by aroung .5%.

I tend to WS from the sweet spot, and have a set for when I can't, thus the inclusion of +2 legs.

AF3 back will be more useful than the 9racc/ratk/-5enmity back in most situations. fSTR2, agi for some mods, 2 less -enm and 5stp.

As for -enm in VW, gnostics drinks say HIIII, and puts my tp set to around your -40 mark.

Think the biggest assumption you posted with was that I intended this set for VW, which I should have mentioned my purpose. Will post VW tp/WS shortly.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-12-11 22:09:43  
Asura.Jadecc said: »
does this include the regain from voidwatch or are you actually doing something other than voidwatch outside abyssea

Last post should answer this.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-12-11 22:26:08  
Ok VW sets. For VW I generally /war if using bow.

Comes to a 4-hit assuming 2 ticks of regain+2 from atmacite, assuming no cor in pt otherwise a 2 hit including WS will usually be achieved.

TP

WS

Haidate 4stp/crit dmg
Osode 2%DA/3% crit dmg.

Again, always assuming red curry buns.
-44 enmity on tp, both sets easily cap racc on anything aside from times when a NM has an eva boost up.

Edit: Berserk up I use my 5str aug blood greaves on WS. Also due to the added crit rate from fencer and higher attack all round, byakko's outparse +2 legs by slightly over 1% while /war.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-12-11 22:35:13  
Final 2cents for the night, just realised I forgot to respond to your comment on crit rate frog. If you assume 15% base with merits, 15% from 100tp JR thats 30% already. /war fencer adds 5% straight off, and around 2% more from the tp bonus for 37% base. With rancor, +2 legs and a moonshade earring with tp bonus, thats up to around 48% crit rate, possibly higher depending on the exact % increase between 100 and 200 tp on JR. Its not abyssea, but thats pretty damn decent for VW level content.