フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Stardiver Testing
Stardiver Testing
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-12-17 09:00:53  
Ragnarok.Amador said: »
That's something that has been around forever though according to people.

So it isn't a new development.

Stardiver is good, get it and get a Moonshade TP Bonus Earring a Soil Gorget and Belt. You'll enjoy it thoroughly.

It's also Transfixtion based as a second element, so could just use a Light Gorget/Belt if people already have that. :x Kinda wish there was a way to redo the augments on the earring... :<

As for a gear set up (Flame pearl because I turned my Moonshade Earring into Acc/Regain)

Was thinking maybe replace the hands with Heafoc Mitts. But then I lose 4% Double Attack. And thinking of doing a STR polearm finally. >_>
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-12-17 09:39:18  
you can redo the augments on moonshade if that is what you mean?

To redo moonshade earring, you toss it and talk to a glowing thingy near the final BC area in grauberg, i done it twice now, pretty easy/convenient.
(edit: and yes you have to redo the final BC)

I am also thinking of making a str polearm, but i have heard good things about the OaT pole arm really not sure what is better.
in either case still would like to know how drakesbane and stardiver compare on paper(not eyeballing/parsers of a few WS comparison>

and in response to previous statement about the -20% penalty on drakesbane not being new, i was stating that it is new in terms that people never really knew about it, never heard or seen someone math it out with consideration to an atk penalty on drakesbane.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2011-12-17 10:02:29  
I have the OaT polearm, running a 5hit build with it. Gotta say its amazing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2011-12-18 00:13:04  
Siren.Ihm said: »

Did they give it a level 99 upgrade this update? If so what are the reqs?
By Ophannus 2011-12-19 21:29:15  
I can use Shadow Belt for it right since it's Gravitation? Figure it's the easiest of the Shadow/Soil/Light belts to get unless I can solo the cactuar on RDM
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-19 22:00:37  
One thing is for sure, Stardiver is a significant Polearm WS upgrade over Penta Thrust for non-DRGs.

I'm not a game-algorithm-math guru, but based on what I've read and seen so far, Stardiver appears to at least be on-par with Drakesbane for DRG's, too.

If nothing else, it will give you some variety, and possibly some skillchain options as a DRG. If you're choosing which Merit WS to do though, and you're a DRG with other jobs that could benefit from a new WS, but you don't ever play SAM (or WAR?), then probably go with something else besides Stardiver.
 Titan.Bomber
サーバ: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-12-19 22:39:27  
Best thing about this WS is that hume chicks put their a$$ up in the air!! :D
[+]
By Ophannus 2011-12-20 13:23:40  
Would Atma of the Griffon beat Stout Arm for Stardiver build since it's 2h WS DMG+20%?
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-12-20 13:48:51  
If you are going strictly for ws dmg yes, but using that atma will severely gimp your tp phase.
 Ragnarok.Krystyl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Krystal
By Ragnarok.Krystyl 2011-12-20 14:07:21  
Quetzalcoatl.Darsha said: »
Siren.Ihm said: »

Did they give it a level 99 upgrade this update? If so what are the reqs?

There is one, http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19896/chauve-souris
I honestly forget the DMG+ but I think it comes to 110 base DMG. Then of course that lovely and oh-so-potent occ. att. twice, which I want to say is 40-50%

You need 150 Riftsands to get it to 99.
 Ragnarok.Krystyl
By Ragnarok.Krystyl 2011-12-20 14:22:41  
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Ragnarok.Amador said: »
That's something that has been around forever though according to people.

So it isn't a new development.

Stardiver is good, get it and get a Moonshade TP Bonus Earring a Soil Gorget and Belt. You'll enjoy it thoroughly.

It's also Transfixtion based as a second element, so could just use a Light Gorget/Belt if people already have that. :x Kinda wish there was a way to redo the augments on the earring... :<

As for a gear set up (Flame pearl because I turned my Moonshade Earring into Acc/Regain)

Was thinking maybe replace the hands with Heafoc Mitts. But then I lose 4% Double Attack. And thinking of doing a STR polearm finally. >_>

I have the lvl 99 STR polearm and the lvl 95 OAT Corsesca+3; after much use between the two, I can honestly say the OAT is worlds better, also the STR polearm has a 480 delay, thus making it harder to make a 5hit.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-12-20 15:35:25  
Someone asked about damage in Voidwatch before. I got a 2543 Stardiver on Pil a bit ago with yellow curry bun, atk/acc temp item, hasso and Angon active. Without angon it does anywhere from 1400 to around 2000. Have a screenshot if anyone wants "proof" >_>

(was WSing in the set I posted before but with the TP bonus+25 moonshade earring rather than Flame Pearl)

EDIT: I hate trying to get wyvern staggers D:. Had Flood II/Suiton/Thunder Threondy on Pil and Azure still used Flame breath ~.~ AND thunder breath was the white !! stagger...
 Ragnarok.Krystyl
By Ragnarok.Krystyl 2011-12-20 17:34:13  
Yeah I agree, the wyverns are a bit HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE at times lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2011-12-20 17:49:43  
How difficult are riftsands to come by? And I'm fairly certain the dmg on the 95 version was 112 so 110 sounds a little weak lol.
 Ragnarok.Krystyl
By Ragnarok.Krystyl 2011-12-20 18:13:02  
The DMG of the Corsesca+3 is 103. The lvl99 is 110-113ish.

I use the +3 right now so I'm positive.

And the riftsands are about as common as the Silver Mirrors or Heavy plates, but from T4-6 I think.
By Ophannus 2011-12-20 21:02:38  
Dude how are you getting 4k average Stardivers? I'm 5/5 on the WS and using Stout Arm/Voracious Violet/Apocalypse and I'm getting 1.8k-2.7k on Sandsweepers. I have almost every piece of DD gear available to a 95 DRG(I'm 99 now though), fully meritted STR got Soil gorget/belt. Were you riding Stalwart Gambir or something? I'm doing it as DRG/SAM without any buffs but Hasso. My only 3k+ come from DA/TA's. I know you have Gungnir but it wouldnt make much of a difference since 1STR=0.83Base DMG. SO at most you'd have like 20ish more base damage than me or something which wouldn't account for an extra 2k+ damage I think. What's the deal >_>
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-12-20 21:05:38  
Why are you using stardiver in abyssea?
By Ophannus 2011-12-20 21:11:39  
Trying to match Amador's results,dicking around in a merit party. I popped a stalwarts tonic and my average went from 1.8k-2.8k to more like 3.8k-5.4k making it more or less equal to Drakesbane on Sandsweepers, probably more consistant on the high end actually than Drakesbane. Only thing is the TP phase is weaker due to lack of crits.
 Ragnarok.Krystyl
By Ragnarok.Krystyl 2011-12-20 21:27:55  
If you are going to be using Strdiver inside Abyssea, at least use Smiting Blow atma, that 100tp bonus is nice.
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-12-20 23:13:14  
Ophannus said: »
Dude how are you getting 4k average Stardivers? I'm 5/5 on the WS and using Stout Arm/Voracious Violet/Apocalypse and I'm getting 1.8k-2.7k on Sandsweepers. I have almost every piece of DD gear available to a 95 DRG(I'm 99 now though), fully meritted STR got Soil gorget/belt. Were you riding Stalwart Gambir or something? I'm doing it as DRG/SAM without any buffs but Hasso. My only 3k+ come from DA/TA's. I know you have Gungnir but it wouldnt make much of a difference since 1STR=0.83Base DMG. SO at most you'd have like 20ish more base damage than me or something which wouldn't account for an extra 2k+ damage I think. What's the deal >_>

Hey, no I wasn't riding any boot drinks or anything. All ws's were done at the start of engaging the mob so no def-% took place. I equiped as much STR as I could on test server, including Flamepearl, Dual Pyrosouls, Soil Gorget and Belt. Atma of choice was RR VV SA so I didn't have anything fancy at the time of that test.

Gungnir 95 is 147 damage, dunno what you're using but let's not forget fSTR bonus to damage as well. Other than that no idea why your doing that low.

On the flip side I did utilize Red Curry Buns on all my tests. <-- Maybe you're missing this?

Gl
By Ophannus 2011-12-21 10:31:36  
Yeah Red Curry or Stalwarts made a gigantic difference. The WS is actually pretty sweet, though I don't think Smiting Blow is that great since the fTP difference between 100% and 200% is very low (goes from 0.75 to like 0.86 according to StudioGobli which is utter crap for a 'damage varies with TP' modifier. Usually Dmg Varies with TP goes from 1.0 1.5 2.0 or something)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-12-21 11:04:56  
Stardiver's fTP carries to all hits. Which means that the gain from 100% tp to 200% is applied 4 times. So, 0.84 - 0.75 * 4 = 0.36 ftp gain from 100% TP bonus.

btw, as an example of dmg varies with tp ws, Tachi gekko's ftp rises 0.3125 going from 100% to 200% tp.

TP bonus is pretty nice for stardiver.
By Ophannus 2011-12-21 23:23:20  
5/5 Stardiver is AWESOME outside Abyssea far exceeds Drakesbane in terms of consistency. Was trioing tonight in Dynamis with a MNK and THF and with red curry up, was on par and sometimes out damaged VS(average 2.4k-2.9k which is pretty sweet considering VS was doing 2200-3200, though the 3.2ks were rare-ish)
By Ophannus 2011-12-21 23:25:55  
Edit: Although now that I think about it, the MNK was /DNC and so was I, so he'd probably win out more often with Berserk up, but even still, Drakesbane were doing 1400-2200 with uncommon spikes of 2600 but required angon. Stardiver has +20% more attack (read:Drakesbane has a 20% attack penalty) which probably lends to its consistency. Even still as our current best WS outside abyssea, the fact that it also increases everyone's damage via +5% crit rate is an added bonus.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2011-12-22 11:46:36  
Ophannus said: »
Stardiver has +20% more attack (read:Drakesbane has a 20% attack penalty) which probably lends to its consistency.
Pretty much the whole reason why you should be jumping aboard..

Also I saw a war using stardiver today. Didn't see how much damage he did but I still raged.
 Asura.Bonlack
サーバ: Asura
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2011-12-22 12:47:38  
Got this 5/5 the other day with a lil testing saw around 2k-2.4kish was with RR/VV/SS atmas, only went with SS for drakesbane as well just wanted to do a small test with diver. Also haven't tested outside, could I see some gear sets DRG's are using for this WS inside/outside with atma sets. Thinking Stout Arm a good choice to replace SS but idk haven't had a lot of time to use it.
By Ophannus 2011-12-22 14:47:44  
Did dynamis yesterday and was pretty much giving VS from a well geared MNK a run for its money doing around 2400-2900 consistently, but VS still had the occasional wtf3.6k but those were rare and far in between, most VS were doing 1800-2400. Perhaps not the BEST WS, but a very solid WS indeed. Drakesbane could probably breach 3k but only when you get 3 or 4 crits with Angon up I imagine, lowest Stardiver I saw was 1800 and that was with a missed hit. Drakesbane would range from 1000-2.3k ish with rare 3ks.

tl;dr: Stardiver's damage range is narrower and far more consistant but slightly less maximum damage potential(irrelevant anyway unless you've got capped pdif.)

Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-12-22 20:09:21  
I've read the whole thread, but I haven't tried this for myself.

Would you say it's worth getting? It's a lot of merits. DRG is my favorite job and also my main, but I'm not on it too much anymore.

For comparison, I'd get three of the following: Shoha, the dagger one, Stardiver, or Realmrazer.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2011-12-22 20:45:30  
I'm one of those guys that ws's in his +2 lancer set every time unless the wyvern is dead or hurt badly, is this a bad idea? ^^. Otherwise I put on heafoc mitts/gigantes boots/twilight helm/ares body/lancers +2 pants.