フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Town Outposts
Town Outposts
First Page 2
 Odin.Karusan
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-04-30 05:09:55  
Do any Sandy people want to try take the Bastok OP some time soon? Or do other nations want to do likewise?

Has anyone else out there successfully taken it? Without actually looking I'm just assuming it's a matter of stocking up on gear and trading them to the OP on a Sunday night before the conquest updates.

I just figure the more people that do it the easier it will be and other nations should do the same since it makes travel so much easier.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-30 05:15:24  
<~~ All OPs for Basty, including Oldton too.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-04-30 05:17:55  
Thanks Korpg, the advice is really appreciated.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-30 05:20:52  
Ok then, here is what you can do, but mind you, you would have to spend like 500k to do so.

Buy a ton of cheap armor, and spam the Outpost NPC with it. You will *eventually* get enough CPs racked up for your nation that it will become theirs next run. Problem is, you have spent 500k for some shmuck to take advantage of you.

Happy now?
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-30 05:21:45  
As for Oldton, you have to live there for the week, and kill everything in sight. And don't die any either, cause you will lose CP for your nation every death.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-04-30 05:24:21  
I'm all for a well organised two week trade rotation, Windy takes bastok, bastok takes Sandy, Sandy takes Windy, then next week swap, however someone in Shards (Loopy I think) apparently traded a couple hundred k worth of gear and didn't make a dent. Would have to be done with meripos or level sync parties I guess... King Ranperre's tomb is the obvious choice to take Sandy, but do Windy and Bastok have 75 areas?

Also Korpg, I suppose you can OP to sky too? There is no Movalpolos OP.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-30 08:42:30  
Korpg said:
<~~ All OPs for Basty, including Oldton too.

There's an outpost in Oldton? >_>

Sandy's had it a few times over the past 12-18 months, and I've never noticed an OP in there >.>

EDIT: Damn I should learn to read through first XD

Blazza said:
Also Korpg, I suppose you can OP to sky too? There is no Movalpolos OP.

/muted >.> Please, ignore my post XD
 Phoenix.Azuzu
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Azuzu
By Phoenix.Azuzu 2009-04-30 08:53:45  
The highest lvl mobs i can think of for taking bastok would be the ravine in n. gustaberg... not too sure what lvl those mobs are exactly but im sure someone more interested could look.

also another way to get the other nations OP is to simply change your nation. you no longer lose ur OP's when you change
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-30 08:58:19  
Yea, you don't lose them, but you can't use the ones you obtained with Bastok if you change to different nation. They're only saved for you when (if) you return to Bastok.
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-04-30 08:59:05  
Azuzu said:
The highest lvl mobs i can think of for taking bastok would be the ravine in n. gustaberg... not too sure what lvl those mobs are exactly but im sure someone more interested could look.

also another way to get the other nations OP is to simply change your nation. you no longer lose ur OP's when you change

The mobs in Korroloka Tunnel are the highest lvl for the Gustaberg Region.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-30 08:59:32  
Expeditionary Force
 Fairy.Antigone
サーバ: Fairy
user: jarredpoe
By Fairy.Antigone 2009-04-30 09:04:05  
Windy has the Toraimarai Canal area
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-04-30 09:06:13  
Going off that you can't do Expeditionary Force in Bastok though, correct?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-30 09:11:03  
Karusan said:
Going off that you can't do Expeditionary Force in Bastok though, correct?

Yeah, i think thats true.

Speaking of OP's, why the hell is gustaberg op so far from bastok compared to saruta a nd ronfaure?
 Fairy.Antigone
user: jarredpoe
By Fairy.Antigone 2009-04-30 09:13:15  
I did a quick scim of the Expeditionary Force so I might of missed it but it doesnt seem to list the 3 Nations OPs as ones you can do, am I wrong about that?
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-30 09:15:00  

I've always wanted to try that, but as with the Eco-Warrior ***, I have pretty much put that in the "never *** happen" category lol

Shoulda started playing this game back in '04 when people actually did this ***regularly... >.<
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-04-30 09:17:14  
All this should be made easier with level sync though surely, I remember one of the big reasons people didn't bother doing some of this stuff was because they had to keep level 20 gear around, now that's rather moot.
 Hades.Hatekhaos
サーバ: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2009-04-30 09:17:30  
Thats pretty cool that you guys do that. Anyone in Hades interested in doing that I would be interested in helping and can get some friends too.
Good luck to you guys who are doing it
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-30 09:17:58  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I've always wanted to try that, but as with the Eco-Warrior ***, I have pretty much put that in the "never *** happen" category lol

Shoulda started playing this game back in '04 when people actually did this ***regularly... >.<

Haha I remember running around in Sandy (when people were actually there and not their mules) seeing shouts for Eco-Warrior all the time. I would love to do that again.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-30 09:20:05  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Yeah, I did Eco warrior once when i had just started playing. I treid for a long time to talk ppl in to expeditionary force but never got ppl enough for it. would be cool to try it out sometime. Nice way to earn CP it seems.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-04-30 09:25:05  
I did a few Eco-warrior quests way back on my old character, some of the best fun I've ever had in this game, a whole alliance of gimp *** level 20 people running through ordelle's caves that have no idea where they're going? win.

I thought EF could be done at any OP, but the region has to be beastmen owned, when was the last time you saw sandy/windy/basty beastmen owned?
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-04-30 09:27:46  
And even though I'm derailing my own thread, Garrison is pretty good too. Some nice drops in there.
 Odin.Ravax
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-04-30 09:35:09  
Quote:
Speaking of OP's, why the hell is gustaberg op so far from bastok compared to saruta a nd ronfaure?

I just found out recently that a shortcut was implemented for getting to Bastok from the outpost. It prevents you from having to zone into South Gustaburg but it's still a pretty long trek. Really surprised this escaped my notice until I happened upon it while going to get a Blue Box for ANM.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Lycopodium_%28NPC%29
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-30 09:37:50  
Ravax said:
I just found out recently that a shortcut was implemented for getting to Bastok from the outpost. It prevents you from having to zone into South Gustaburg but it's still a pretty long trek. Really surprised this escaped my notice until I happened upon it while going to get a Blue Box for ANM.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Lycopodium_%28NPC%29

Ya, everytime I'm like "oh yeah, shortcut!" I don't have any flowers on me. Figures...

That's the one benefit I've really noticed so far to being San d'Orian...our noob areas are nice and small, and easy to get around ^^
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-30 09:38:20  
Ravax said:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Lycopodium_%28NPC%29[/quote]

Yeah that OP sucks. It is still a loooong run to Port even with Lycopodium warp. FYI, also a Lyco warp in Garliage to get behind gate 2 and one in Batallia to get to the Glacier Zone if you didn't know about those either.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-04-30 09:38:48  
Rowland said:
Blazza said:
I did a few Eco-warrior quests way back on my old character, some of the best fun I've ever had in this game, a whole alliance of gimp *** level 20 people running through ordelle's caves that have no idea where they're going? win.

I thought EF could be done at any OP, but the region has to be beastmen owned, when was the last time you saw sandy/windy/basty beastmen owned?

First alliance ever... No idea what was going on.. holy ***a giant undead blob...wipe.. get pissed and never want to join alliances again.

Oh see, I never wiped with my uber level 20 melee rdm skillz <_<

And as for Karu's comment, you could make a damn fun and profitable (gil and exp) day out of Cape Terrigan Garrison and FoV.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-04-30 09:41:44  
Isn't the whole point of going into South Gustaberg to check if lizzie is up? :D
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-30 09:43:31  
Karusan said:
Isn't the whole point of going into South Gustaberg to check if lizzie is up? :D

Negative, {Bounding Boots} {mine}
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-30 09:43:42  
a long time ago on my old server (lakshmi) a whole bunch of tarus from windy decided one weekend to take everything. And well taht sunday bam windy owned like everything but newton. So im gonna be windy for life.
First Page 2