users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » Campaign Medals
Campaign Medals
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2011-12-30 07:40:07  
Is it possible to get an Evaluation and rank up by two medals or more?

Ie, going from Bronze to Sterling Star normally takes about 5K AN, but if I earn 15K AN in the five day evaluation period can I go from Bronze to Mythril Star?

If I can't I have 75 RL days of Evaluations to do ;/
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-12-30 07:47:38  
It automaticly brings the minimum medal you can have up 2 at a time as you clear WotG missions I think. Aside from that though you can only rank up once every 5 days.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-12-30 07:48:30  
One medal at a time ;; I feel your pain, finally lvl'd a melee and learned I need a rose strap :< 60 more days of campaign to go >_>
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2011-12-30 12:15:28  
Oh well...I have an evaluation in 4 days so I'll confirm it either way.
 Sylph.Yajirobe
サーバ: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-12-30 12:33:45  
Unless they changed it, or added a perk for beating WoTG, no.

Solo'd most of 60-70 in campaign on pup, 3 levels in 1 week and only got 1 medal upgrade
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [281 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Radicant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Radicant
By Lakshmi.Radicant 2012-10-06 11:11:26  
NECRO!!!

Real question:

I just got Sigil and required an eval. I've had medal of altana for a long time, having finished the boss of WotG... So... did something happen that we can now lose medals even though we've accomplished that event?
 Siren.Leocon
サーバ: Siren
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2012-10-06 11:17:22  
I'm fairly certain it can still "expire", but you just have to do the eval once the seal wears off. You likely still retain the medal, but I don't know for sure since I still do campaign on occasion for gil heh.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-10-06 11:30:10  
Its only the seal on the medap that expires as long as you have cleared all off WoTG. Go to the npc and they will give you a new seal and reset the evaluation. Its funny when rose strap was first released it was campaign only or in a couple of sets but now its almost the norm for every 4/5/6 hit build for every job.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Radicant
By Lakshmi.Radicant 2012-10-06 11:45:17  
I've done the eval plenty of times w/ no battling and retained medal of altana... this time though... no medal retention...
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-10-06 12:00:16  
Siren.Leocon said: »
I'm fairly certain it can still "expire", but you just have to do the eval once the seal wears off. You likely still retain the medal, but I don't know for sure since I still do campaign on occasion for gil heh.
^ This
Talk to the evaluation guy and he says he's disappointed, but considering all you've done for the kingdom/nation/republic, you can keep your rank.

Lakshmi.Radicant said: »
I've done the eval plenty of times w/ no battling and retained medal of altana... this time though... no medal retention...
Did you change nations?
 Lakshmi.Radicant
By Lakshmi.Radicant 2012-10-06 16:11:23  
No
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [155 days between previous and next post]
By Otomis 2013-03-11 00:58:08  
NOTE: if you are silly enough like me to think. "I am going to change nations and do other nation quests, it will be fun". Then change back realizing how much you miss sandy and dislike basty - You will loose 2 medal ranks, lol. Which is not all bad, I think it only takes like 2 hours of campaign each 5 day stint to get your medals back now-a-days.
 Sylph.Rexen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Rexen
By Sylph.Rexen 2013-03-25 17:00:25  
You don't need to change nations to do the mission quests. That's only true for the rank missions in the present.