Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-01-03 09:37:15  
Ragnarok.Daffel said: »
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
I laugh when I see SAM builds featuring Zelus Tiara. You're trying too hard.

Don't spread such lies. SAM should be capping haste, and it should have a 5-hit. Anyone without, simply isn't trying hard enough.

Going to post any sets or just say we are not trying hard enough?
It would depend on Masa or Kanto...
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-01-03 09:38:40  
Ragnarok.Daffel said: »

Don't spread such lies. SAM should be capping haste, and it should have a 5-hit. Anyone without, simply isn't trying hard enough.

Going to post any sets or just say we are not trying hard enough?
It would depend on Masa or Kanto...

Masa not kanto!! :p
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-01-03 09:40:43  
Bismarck.Aerison said: »
Shoha should be ws'ing in the ele gorget and belt

Fudo should be in ele gorget and beir +1

I use justiciar's and beir+1 for fudo, went through a patch of using snow belt/gorget then changed.

Recently picked up breeze gorget (yesterday) and hoping to get the belt in the next few days. Plan on belt/gorgeting shoha.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-01-03 09:44:07  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/222265

Not my set(as in I did not come up with it). It is a player we probably see all over the forums, Taints. If you don't have Usu Boots or Rose Strap, you could use Unkai Kabuto and Ace's feet and still be very near cap. I don't know your sets though..
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2012-01-03 09:45:31  
Replace gloves

Edit: Or look above.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2012-01-03 10:04:21  
Also, I agree with Lightvision above. The only time you worry about "capping Haste" on SAM is if you have a 5-hit build already and adding additional Haste equipment doesn't gimpify you.

I know it's hard for many FFXI players to grasp, but SAM isn't THF, and it isn't WAR ... yes, some of the same basic melee principles apply (duh), but "capping Haste" is not a paramount responsibility on SAM.

i was looking at a 4 hit with a 464 delay GK but tbh it really is not worth it so i decided to keep 5 hit and max up on haste, i could use bullwhip instead of phasmida but tbh i really dont like the -ve stats on it so i had the option of changing out some sTP gear for more haste, that's why i could use z.tiara. if i do use masamune the sets would look like:-
Masamune TP Set

Fudo WS Set

this is how i would gear if i go back to using masamune
 Fenrir.Riken
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Riken
By Fenrir.Riken 2012-01-03 10:41:13  
This is what I'm using as I finish up my gear/recoupe some money spent on helping a friend finish his Apoc. Not optimal but I'm keeping 5 hit.

Quetzalcoatl.Artichaos
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: styleszuk
By Quetzalcoatl.Artichaos 2012-01-03 11:03:33  
Please cap haste Q,Q
 Ragnarok.Psych
user: jedijoel
By Ragnarok.Psych 2012-01-03 11:24:48  
That's identical to my VW gear. Latitude caps your haste.

Ninja edit; the set with the bullwhip
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-03 11:31:31  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
Replace gloves Edit: Or look above.

I changed to Brego after parsing numerous t6s and not capping Acc.
 Fenrir.Riken
user: Riken
By Fenrir.Riken 2012-01-03 11:34:29  
Quetzalcoatl.Artichaos said: »
Please cap haste Q,Q

I will. Like I said, working on it.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-03 11:55:26  
Here are the sets:

Hasso Up

Hasso Down

Fudo

Shoha

Overwelm Proc alt
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-01-03 13:10:06  
not sure why you're using a zelus, that has been deemed gimp
 Asura.Hotin
サーバ: Asura
user: HotinTJ
By Asura.Hotin 2012-01-03 13:14:14  
For Content without regain so outside VW or Abyssea i use a true 5 hits with ~24% haste (cant have cap cause ganesha mala and low STP in WS set)

TP

WS SHOHA

Unkai or Atheling mantle, hard to say which is better overall for any WS, probably very close.

KAITEN (when it is worth to use it with low tp and high PDIF)

Bushinomimi would be better but i changed mine to Suppanomimi recently for my NIN.

TP for content with regain (VW and Abyssea)

If needed Mars ring + Usukane feet/Bullwhip belt for NM with high evasion( very rare with amano acc)
Same WS sets.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-03 13:19:12  
Asura.Hotin said: »
For Content without regain so outside VW or Abyssea i use a true 5 hits with ~24% haste (cant have cap cause ganesha mala and low STP in WS set) TP

Why not use my sets, you have all the gear for them and they are superior?
 Asura.Hotin
By Asura.Hotin 2012-01-03 13:33:21  
Cause i think mine is better, simple. It is not possible to activate overwhelm all times i wont use this body to lose a lot of STR and attack half the time and Ganesha mala(comparable to ~6% double attack) in TP set is better than 1% haste especially nowadays with all these 1-4 hits to 100 TP after WS.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-01-03 13:55:05  
Lakshmi.Rearden said: »

By someone with no means to support their assertion

But I have a feeling you're being sarcastic
By javelinx 2012-01-03 13:56:34  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
javelinx said: »
(maths for the tp build aren't done, because I'm not up on the tp builds for non-kaiten sam's, might need rose strap I think to make up for the loss of tp from the ws hit.

Yes, you need Rose Strap in that set.

16.206 from WS so you'd need 20.9485 TP per hit. Only getting 20.757 with that.

Thank you, and good afternoon fellow ah trolls.

………,………………..,……,………….,……,……………………
…,,..,………………………,……:,,::,,:,.,,,,:,.,,………,…,..,,….
..,..,,…..,……2illl▓▓███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓………,..,,..
,…,..,…,.k▓█▓▓▓▓lBEnjjBllllllBjzv░1JTHtq8tL;..,…nll█▓…….,…,,
..,……v▓█M:..,::,,:;1JBt;,…,….q:……:vFll▓▓llEL…..█▓,……,…
,…,…..█,,,…░;……..;x,…….,:,,..,,:,,……..,░,,,…..█lM…….,,
…..,:n█▓…,..Lii███▓B1……..tj▓▓▓█████lM.,,……..j█▓;……
…W██▓w,,..,Y▓▓█████M…k██▓▓▓█▓lll▓▓v▓▓▓▓▓;.▓█▓…
..#ll█::vn▓▓▓▓g;J:..,.t█▓…………….,n▓▓glll▓▓▓▓Wl▓▓.wll█..
…zi█;:..,..,t▓7▓▓░2ll█▓:……,.X▓Bq..,………Bll▓▓█▓.El█3.F█lll
…..▓█1t;3█▓.,…Wl██,..,..f▓▓Mi█W,rB▓▓▓█lB;..▓█lBt█lK.:;█..
….,.f█▓W███▓▓7:..▒▓█M..tjBl▓██▓Bjzr▒█▓Bj██jY.,..,h█▓2..
…..,..j█.jll█Bl▓▒ll█fjllllll█llBIjj█6;:..▒▓▓▓████,l█▓……Bl█▓..,..
,……U█.;r█████▓▓▓█▓▓█▓▓█████Bj..C██W…..yi█;:…….
……..j█…█████████████▓lM:.k▓M..f▓█W,…,..lll█8:…..,…
,……N▓,..B██▓▓.█M1▓▓.,..j█….,;8l██▓W,…..░ll██r:…..,,..,,
……r▓▓…..▒ll▓▓▓██▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓881xtll▓▓██▓I….,..,,..,…
……I█▓.6;,.░;,,,..,..;r░::v7::,..;YTn;xtll▓▓█▓▓n……….,,..,…..
…..w█▓..,JjlgglllBjkT:,..,………,,.,W▓▓▓▓H……………,,..,..,,..
,……U█▓r….,……,……,;rll▓l█▓▓▓▓t,..,……….,..,,..,..,,.,,….
………▒ll███▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓BBj::….,……,…..,,..,..,,..,..,,.,,…
,…,..,………….,…,……,……,..,…,..,……,……,…,……,……..
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-01-03 14:16:00  
In a few of these sets, I see Ace's mail... Seeing as Uptala does not like to put out for me, I was curious if Ogiers Surcoat would be an ok substitution, or if I was better off not bothering.
By javelinx 2012-01-03 14:22:20  
yeah or if you can't get either 1. shura body/+1 with haste augments or 2. fazh. radiant mail are good choices for haste bodies if they fit your build.

And tbh, Ogier's is probably better for higher end stuff just for the mag dmg- lol, so you don't die while tp'ing (if you have tp on the nm, or if you get nuked while running in to ws, but before you put on ws gear.)
 Bismarck.Aerison
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2012-01-03 14:31:38  
yeah or if you can't get either 1. shura body/+1 with haste augments or 2. fazh. radiant mail are good choices for haste bodies if they fit your build.

And tbh, Ogier's is probably better for higher end stuff just for the mag dmg- lol, so you don't die while tp'ing (if you have tp on the nm, or if you get nuked while running in to ws, but before you put on ws gear.)

That's what -pdt and -mdt sets are for, assuming for now endgame is VW only, only two fights come to mind where you don't zerg 100% of the time. Fanatics should be up almost all the time, if you can't proc and you have hate then you switch to -pdt/-mdt set. You don't full time that crap.
By javelinx 2012-01-03 14:38:04  
We're talking scenario's for someone that doesn't have all the "best" gear, not necessarily what's best all the time really. but tbh the difference in wearing Ogier's vs Ace's mail for tp in end game is negligible, and end's up being a personal choice about what you want to tp in, you're going to be pdif capped in tp gear without ace's on most likely anyway (if you're not...I'm sorry, but stop trolling this thread lol)
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-01-03 14:39:02  
I'm throwing this out there because I'm not seeing where it's inferior to the sets I'm seeing. This is what I've been sung for TP phase. It's one more Store TP and 26 hate over 25. More acc, largely similar in most ways. Just a swap of two pieces, really. But I’ve only ever seen one other person using it and I am – as I’ve admitted many times – terrible at game math or even trying to fiddle with the spreadsheets and programs out there that calculate this stuff.

But on the surface I don’t see how it’s not a superior set.

Go ahead and blast me on an obvious deficiency if I’m missing it, but the only thing I can see lacking is the Hasso boost, and I’m not sure how that maths out at this point. But at worst it’s superior for a Seigan-up set unless, as stated, I’m missing something glaringly obvious.

Asura.Hotin
By Asura.Hotin 2012-01-03 14:42:49  
Ogier's Breeches are probably one of the best WS legs also.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-01-03 14:44:02  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
Replace gloves

Edit: Or look above.

Thanks for the replys, this is probably the set I'm going to aim for now.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/222265

Not my set(as in I did not come up with it). It is a player we probably see all over the forums, Taints. If you don't have Usu Boots or Rose Strap, you could use Unkai Kabuto and Ace's feet and still be very near cap. I don't know your sets though..

Beacuse reading the first page is tough.

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Lakshmi.Rearden said: »

By someone with no means to support their assertion

But I have a feeling you're being sarcastic

It was never deemed gimp just see lot of masa SAM's I see 6 hit with it and ace's mufflers which I just refuse to do. Was uncertain aside from the obvious rose/bullwhip where I could add stp/haste.
By javelinx 2012-01-03 14:45:02  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I'm throwing this out there because I'm not seeing where it's inferior to the sets I'm seeing. This is what I've been sung for TP phase. It's one more Store TP and 26 hate over 25. More acc, largely similar in most ways. Just a swap of two pieces, really. But I’ve only ever seen one other person using it and I am – as I’ve admitted many times – terrible at game math or even trying to fiddle with the spreadsheets and programs out there that calculate this stuff.

Go ahead and blast me on an obvious deficiency if I’m missing it, but the only thing I can see lacking is the Hasso boost, and I’m not sure how that maths out at this point. But at worst it’s superior for a Seigan-up set unless, as stated, I’m missing something glaringly obvious.

You know I forgot all about bustle dirs lol, can't find anything wrong with this build tbh, caps haste, and hits the 5 hit stp numbers you would need. with kaiten aftermath factored in you could take off rose strap for pole grip (for scenario's where you're starting off with a ws, like VW where you meditate a couple times before the fight even starts.inb4 kaiten haters lol, I still get high/more consistent numbers using kaiten vs shoha on most endgame)
 Bismarck.Aerison
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2012-01-03 14:54:43  
We're talking scenario's for someone that doesn't have all the "best" gear, not necessarily what's best all the time really. but tbh the difference in wearing Ogier's vs Ace's mail for tp in end game is negligible, and end's up being a personal choice about what you want to tp in, you're going to be pdif capped in tp gear without ace's on most likely anyway (if you're not...I'm sorry, but stop trolling this thread lol)

Hope you realize Ogier's is harder to obtain than ace's. You are the one advocating tp'ing in ogier's on harder stuff due to -5% mdt, and you call me a troll. Zelus and +2 body are even easier to obtain then the two bodies and they are better(again hasso up).
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
サーバ: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2012-01-03 14:54:44  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

You know I forgot all about bustle dirs lol, can't find anything wrong with this build tbh, caps haste, and hits the 5 hit stp numbers you would need. with kaiten aftermath factored in you could take off rose strap for pole grip (for scenario's where you're starting off with a ws, like VW where you meditate a couple times before the fight even starts.inb4 kaiten haters lol, I still get high/more consistent numbers using kaiten vs shoha on most endgame)
The part where this build falls behind is with hasso up. Unless you have capped magic haste as well a dnc with 5/5 samba merits you are comparing 25% to 25%+2.5% haste
By javelinx 2012-01-03 14:57:16  
I'm not the one that brought up Ogier's anyway, someone asked if Og's was good to use if they didn't have ace's, in which case yes, yes it is.