Which Scythe To Use?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Which Scythe to use?
Which Scythe to use?
By Greever 2012-01-08 10:42:35  
good morning everyone.

I was just wondering what would be a good scythe now. After seeing the total failness of apex arrow with rng ive decided to merit entropy and resolution. I going to make a ws dmg +10% great sword but i dont know which scythe to use.

Atm i have twilight, woeburn and a dex scythe i stoped doing trials for long ago. I am considering making an apoc after im finished with building an aegis, but id like to know which would be good till then/if i decided not to make an apoc. ty.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-01-08 11:02:09  
Liberator.
[+]
 Valefor.Omerta
サーバ: Valefor
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-01-08 11:08:45  
Drg/Sam ~ Ryou (just to be different) but on topic, twilight is still nice :)
 Phoenix.Ninjie
サーバ: Phoenix
user: ninjie
By Phoenix.Ninjie 2012-01-08 11:17:40  
Does anyone know how the WS dmg+ 10% scythe fairs against Wrothe Scythe and the utility of Twilight Scythe?
 Hades.Ferusio
サーバ: Hades
user: Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2012-01-08 11:25:59  
OAT GSword for reso yeh it might cost 6 mil but whats 6 mil really far better than spending time doing that 10% ws dmg gsword lawl, Scythe wise why did you make a dex scythe..... on whats omptimal depends alot on your gear tbh
By Greever 2012-01-08 11:29:44  
Hades.Ferusio said: »
OAT GSword for reso yeh it might cost 6 mil but whats 6 mil really far better than spending time doing that 10% ws dmg gsword lawl, Scythe wise why did you make a dex scythe..... on whats omptimal depends alot on your gear tbh

lol that was like a year ago when the trial first came out. back then the idea was to use the scythe to free up acc pieces in my gear and the hope that i could combine the paths like do half str half dex
 Ragnarok.Lugat
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2012-01-08 11:40:27  
relic|mythic|empy > Wroth scythe > Everything else.

the boost on twilight is substantial but situational. the WS +10% scythe doesnt even come close to making up for the base damage on wroth scythe.
 Cerberus.Drayco
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2012-01-08 11:44:00  
Redemption might be alot of fun with Aftermath
 Titan.Bomber
サーバ: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2012-01-08 11:54:57  
What about the +100TP bonus scythe VS. wroth? and the rest for Entropy
 Hades.Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2012-01-08 12:13:58  
Greever said: »

lol that was like a year ago when the trial first came out. back then the idea was to use the scythe to free up acc pieces in my gear and the hope that i could combine the paths like do half str half dex
ive never had acc issues on drk, well not since before homam and ***when drk couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with sole sushi.
Another thought occurs what do you use drk for? If all you use it for is to exp/merit or spam dmg in vw just get OAT Gsword im doing it atm its better than calad for dmg due to being able to spam reso with OAT and better Xhit and only a few dmg less than 85 calad
By Greever 2012-01-08 12:36:08  

ive never had acc issues on drk, well not since before homam and ***when drk couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with sole sushi.
Another thought occurs what do you use drk for? If all you use it for is to exp/merit or spam dmg in vw just get OAT Gsword im doing it atm its better than calad for dmg due to being able to spam reso with OAT and better Xhit and only a few dmg less than 85 calad

honestly, idk what ill be using drk for. VW im usually rng and mnk, will probably be pld more once i finish aegis. in abyssea im either blu burning or mnk tanking.

really just doing it cause i like drk and on rare occasion i get to use it. but its one of my fav jobs and while my other favs (mnk rng and pld) all have emperyan weapons and soon a relic, drk has nothing lol.
By Greever 2012-01-08 12:45:25  

This is what i currenty use for tp. i know i should upgrade ammo/ring/leg slot. and i probably will soon
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-08 13:29:20  
I'm retty sure OAT Scythe is a solid option again now.
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2012-01-08 15:16:11  
Titan.Bomber said: »
What about the +100TP bonus scythe VS. wroth? and the rest for Entropy

while "Everything" was quite specific

No the TP bonus is behind the WS damage +10% on even.
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2012-01-08 15:16:40  

This is what i currenty use for tp. i know i should upgrade ammo/ring/leg slot. and i probably will soon

if you intend on using a scythe you need to 5hit and thats not what your doing.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-08 16:11:40  
Ragnarok.Lugat said: »

if you intend on using a scythe you need to 5hit and thats not what your doing.

Dont "need" to 5hit.
While it's possible, it does require specific gear which not everybody have.
Just use a 6hit until you feel comfy doing a 5hit.
 Hades.Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2012-01-08 16:15:39  
also the lack of haste cap makes my eye twitch a lil bit
By Greever 2012-01-08 16:46:26  
well i do have a ninurta's sash but idk if i want to trade off for the stp of goading. ive also thought of getting a blitz ring...but ever time i check there are none in the ah.

im going to be revamping my tp sets for GS and scythe very soon. ive been mostly focusing on rng lately and next will be pld and drk
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-08 16:54:47  
0.4% haste is absolutely gamebreaking. True capped haste is good, but not so good as to take priority over everything else. That said, Blitz Ring would be better in this case if Tyrant's isn't needed.

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
This is probably your best bet for non-relic/mythic.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-09 01:00:28  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
0.4% haste is absolutely gamebreaking. True capped haste is good, but not so good as to take priority over everything else. That said, Blitz Ring would be better in this case if Tyrant's isn't needed.

Would you say it's even above Redemption at this point(90 version)?
Would'nt really shock me if it is lol
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-01-09 12:29:29  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

Would you say it's even above Redemption at this point(90 version)?
Would'nt really shock me if it is lol
Well let's see. Quietus is ***, while Torcleaver is genuinely and widely considered to be 'not ***'. Caladbolg (90) is getting outclassed by OAT GS so I'll leave it to you to put a conclusion together.

I, in a thread over on Alla, concluded that with capped attack a Redemption just spamming Entropy is equal to Redemption with fulltime ODD spamming Quietus, only losing out when the latter started with a 300TP aftermath until it wore off. Alternating Quietus and Entropy is obviously the better choice, but when 'Just spam Entropy' causes a weapon dedicated to Quietus to beat itself... just figure what a weapon dedicated to spamming Entropy does.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-09 12:38:38  
Cerberus.Drayco said: »
Redemption might be alot of fun with Aftermath

Hades.Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2012-01-09 12:58:11  
it pains me i have a fully unlocked up to chloris scythe, what a waste of time as i have 0 buds but fairly close to apoca >.> but id hazzard a guess that all the OAT weapons (DRK weapons) ARE better than Empy(90) due to SE not Arse raping us this time and giving drk 2 epic ws' which are best (for dmg) in their class. I wanna see what afterglow does so badly now as its sure to make the 99 relic/mythic/empys hard as nailz