Magic: The Gathering
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Asura.Lolserj
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-09-26 19:26:47  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
The Return to Ravnica pre-release event, most places holding local tournaments are doing a limited-seal event.

This one is special because you can play your promo card and you get a special guild booster containing cards of the guild you chose. Along with 5 normal boosters.

sounds like fun lol

I'm probably not going to do something like that though, only things I really loved from ravnica were the dual lands(some of the cards were lots of fun but they were my favorites)
 Leviathan.Ayrlie
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kimmy78
By Leviathan.Ayrlie 2012-09-26 19:36:52  
i was partial to my blue/green Stasis deck back in the day. . . I haven't played in 8 years though. . .
 Bismarck.Jublivont
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Jublivont 2012-09-26 19:41:02  
I loved the original Ravnica set. I got the complete block. The Orzhova guild was one of my personal favorites. But by and far the dual lands and the rerelease of BoP from Ravnica were the best.
 Asura.Lolserj
サーバ: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-09-26 19:43:00  
I'm just enjoying my pretty much finished black deck (needs a sideboard and it's completely finished)

4 sinkholes etc.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-09-26 19:43:39  
Bismarck.Jublivont said: »
I loved the original Ravnica set. I got the complete block. The Orzhova guild was one of my personal favorites. But by and far the dual lands and the rerelease of BoP from Ravnica were the best.
The prerelease this weekend is the return of Ravinca. However, BoP was not reprinted.
By Venlo 2012-09-26 19:49:45  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bumping this for Return to Ravnica pre-release this week.

Anyone is going to participate? Which guild are you going to pick?
I'm considering picking Selesnya guild, white and green has some sick control and I think populate is going to be amazing in the limited format.

(Also got a Sublime Archangel foil in a M13 draft last week!)

Assuming I end up having a free night this weekend, I'll definitely be going; at this point I just have to decide between red/blue and green/black. Vraska the Unseen looks like it'll be quite a bit of fun to play, particularly if paired with Gruesome Deformity.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-26 19:50:52  
Just pulled this about 30 seconds ago.

Sylph.Venlo
サーバ: Sylph
user: Venlo
By Sylph.Venlo 2012-09-26 19:58:42  
Bahamut.Serj said: »

Hm, nifty. That's one I'll have to keep in mind if I ever go zombie heavy. My only decent deck at the moment is red/black vampires, though with Rav coming up, that may end up changing.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-10-10 10:36:26  
Anyone going to the Lisbon Grand Prix (December 1-2)?

Just booked plane tickets, i'm exporting my trolling beyond UK borders.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-10-10 14:00:53  
That's a long trip! I don't really know the names of players who aren't JPs or French, unfortunately :(
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-12-03 06:59:45  
Welp, that was lots of fun. Managed to clear my usual achievements:

MTG: Portuguese edition.

1) Win the first match.
2) Get a warning (7th match).
3) Lose against a very cute woman (5th match).
4) Obliterate some 12 years old kid without calling judge on his numerous game-loss mistakes despite him calling me on my only one (7th match).
5) Play against a guy who had a deck of 39 cards (my friend got this one).
6) Earn a warning for my opponent (1st match).

Only person who wasn't Portuguese was the very last guy who was from Netherlands. Probably the best match I have ever had, too, the guy was funny as ***.

In the end I did ***, as expected, but Portugal was an hilarious country all around.

Until next GP/PTQ!

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-12-03 11:11:15  
Guilds?

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-12-03 11:28:30  
I never really pick a "guild" when playing, I just try to make a decent deck. Never heard of anyone doing so, too, maybe it's a thing in Standard?

I had a ***deck, but I'll post my cards after I'm done with this LoL game.

Deck:

B/R

1x Batterhorn
1x Bellows Lizard
1x Goblin Electromancer
2x Annihilating Fire
1x Mercurial Chemister
1x Rogue's Passage
2x Inaction Injunction
1x Faerie Impostor
1x Volatile Rig
1x Dispel
1x Chemister's Trick
1x Doorkeeper
1x Crosstown Courier
1x Viashino Racketeer
1x Dynacharge
1x Essence Backlash
1x Teleportal
1x Bloodfray Giant
1x Inspiration
1x Nivix Guildmage
1x Paralyzing Grasp
1x Skyline Predator

9x Mountain
7x Island

Sideboard:

*** long list.

Didn't see a single Planewalker of the whole tournament or even any decent mythic for that matter. The tournament winner deck is nothing special either, we were jewed!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Ezeichiel
user: ezeichiel
By Cerberus.Ezeichiel 2013-02-16 15:41:18  
Been lookin at getting back into competitive mtg lately and for. Recent top 8s it looks like aggro is on the rise. Curious as to how much it would be to start from scratch and be competitive. I rage quit after the jace/stoneforge banning a a couple years ago and sold everything.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-16 16:02:14  
Depend what game mode you want to play, I'd say.

If you live in America, starting with FNM and other weekly event would be the best, you can gather cards/practice the current meta pretty easily this way, while facing high level players (not hard to find GP/PTQ tier players in any "big" country/city I'd say).

You can also check the future PTQs and GPs (also pre release) locations and try to go there, in the end it's pretty easy to access high level of competitive play when it comes to Magic, just hard to actually reach the level itself.

If you are the kind to rage quit though, I would advise giving up on this kind of game altogether.
By Areayea 2013-02-16 16:10:40  
god I miss my old legendary deck... it was soo powerful it disappeared >< but it had Phage Acroma and a ton of other Legion/scourge/onslaught series legendary and got them out FAST... now adays however I just use a kick *** soldier deck that gets a ton of 1/1 soldiers out, AND AND <3 my catapult master... with so many soldiers I sweep the opponet's side clean
 Cerberus.Ezeichiel
By Cerberus.Ezeichiel 2013-02-16 17:22:59  
I don't usually rage quit anything, but I had a physical and an online copy of uw stone blade when the bannings occurred so the financial hit was really rough. Was also one of my favorite decks to ever play. I usually don't go to fnm's mostly because there are way to many casuals and I'm not a big fan of limited. Was just wondering if there were any cheapish competitive standard decks (rdw, rg aggro) preferably under $250.
By Areayea 2013-02-16 17:25:06  
just get one of those mega pack thingys I can't remember what they called off top of head and then go halfers with a friend and split up the cards, that's what me and a friend of mine did...
 Cerberus.Ezeichiel
By Cerberus.Ezeichiel 2013-02-16 17:31:58  
I was looking more a competitive deck for attending events, fatpacks and intro decks offer very little in that regard. Those are best for all the junk cards you can proxy to make a gauntlet for standard testing.
By Areayea 2013-02-16 17:35:43  
ya fatpacks my bad, but ya I know what you're talking about, I hate wizards of the Coast making the whole type1 type2.... but I guess that's how they'll keep making money, otherwise I'm pretty sure if you set up a good strat you'll be fine with something under like 100~ dollars
 Cerberus.Ezeichiel
By Cerberus.Ezeichiel 2013-02-16 17:38:19  
I'm mostly sad they changed the old extended, they kind of took all my favorite things about the game at once so I walked away from it for a while
By Areayea 2013-02-16 17:41:50  
ya there are def a ton of changes, I don't do FNM anymore primarily cuz of that X.X
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-16 17:50:35  
I only play Limited as I enjoy building from scratch and establishing a strategy myself, improvisation and such.

I'm not a fan of using a copy pasta deck and not making up any original strategy or play :p (and the whole Magic talk in constructed annoys me to no end).

That being said, if all you want is a deck ready for constructed competitive play, just do like everyone does and check the latest tournament decks then pick one that has a positive win ratio. I'm pretty sure there is a current equivalent do what was the Koth deck a few years back, a 100$ deck that can win a GP.
By Areayea 2013-02-16 17:54:10  
ah I see, I like the idea of upgrading decks tho, having your original strat and being able to upgrade it. but eh falls on deaf ears (or however the saying goes)but either way it is what it is, and starting from scratch can be fun, I'm just a very anti change person XD
 Cerberus.Ezeichiel
By Cerberus.Ezeichiel 2013-02-16 17:55:48  
Yeah that was pretty much what I was planning to do, just asking here because the ff11 community (mostly this site sans presidentobama) tends to be a little more intelligent than the average mtg group as far as strat and all things mathy.
By Areayea 2013-02-16 17:58:59  
oh god math +this game >.> if you actually factor out how much dmg you do per everything, skill/acc/fSTR/amplifiers it be crazy X.X
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-16 18:12:21  
I usually avoid talking too much to people when I go to any Magic gathering. I might hit on women or so, but I avoid the theory crafting part, haha.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12