Redemption Sets.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Redemption sets.
Redemption sets.
 Siren.Seiri
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-01-14 12:04:26  
Firstly: I am aware of the other thread, but also aware that it degraded and fishing through 15 pages of crap to find some gold isn't how I want to spend my evening.

So without further ado.

WS:

Tp - 6-hit while not /sam. Swap into tactical mantle while in VW with a cor to 3-hit assuming 1 tick of regain and /sam.

Biggest questions:
Thoughts on prosilio while keeping brutal/atheling/pole.

Thoughts on abyss gauntlets +2.

Grim/+1 vs twilight.
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-14 13:31:00  
Best WS I came up with

Redemption (90)
Pole Grip
Fracas Grenade
Twilight
Gorget
Bale
Brutal
Twilight
Abyss+2
Rajas
Pyrosoul
Atheling
Ele.Belt
Ogier
Bale +2

For TP gear I'm not sure what you sub instead of SAM but the -acc equip will kill your DPS on higher tier VW.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-14 14:05:54  

will 5-hit this:

I use my 6-hit almost exclusively but it's,,, you know something.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-01-14 14:22:51  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

will 5-hit this:

The acc - 14 hurts for TP. I'd prefer an accuracy safe 6 hits to an insecure 5 hits.

Is there a trick to drop this twilight mail? I'm tired of trying.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-14 14:26:25  
6hit for sure. Tactical mantle is just terrible.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-01-14 14:28:49  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Best WS I came up with

Redemption (90)
Pole Grip
Fracas Grenade
Twilight
Gorget
Bale
Brutal
Twilight
Abyss+2
Rajas
Pyrosoul
Atheling
Ele.Belt
Ogier
Bale +2

For TP gear I'm not sure what you sub instead of SAM but the -acc equip will kill your DPS on higher tier VW.

How much it did?
I don't really like to put MND- rings for quietus, is strigoi the only alternative?
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-01-14 14:39:03  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Best WS I came up with

Redemption (90)
Pole Grip
Fracas Grenade
Twilight
Gorget
Bale
Brutal
Twilight
Abyss+2
Rajas
Pyrosoul
Atheling
Ele.Belt
Ogier
Bale +2

How much it did?
I don't really like to put MND- rings for quietus, is strigoi the only alternative?

Hmm forgot pyrosoul was -mnd...derp moment.

Tact mantle only when shifting dmg entirely to WS.

That tp set + stalwarts has me capped acc on Ig-Alima, parsed between 93~96% acc (fairly sure I'm capped.

In VW I'm always /sam, other things occasionally /nin or /sch for solo.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-14 14:41:44  
Best WS I came up with

Redemption (90)
Pole Grip
Fracas Grenade
Twilight
Gorget
Bale
Brutal
Twilight
Abyss+2
Rajas
Pyrosoul
Atheling
Ele.Belt
Ogier
Bale +2

How much it did?

Lol that explains why pyro and spiral were equal. I don't have redemption and forgot about the -mind. Yes stigoi would be better.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-14 14:45:24  
Siren.Seiri said: »
That tp set + stalwarts has me capped acc on Ig-Alima, parsed between 93~96% acc (fairly sure I'm capped.

The only saving grace of Redemption is its white damage, using tacticle is never a good idea.

You aren't capped on Ig-Alima with that setup and Stals, I'm not even capped with my gear and I'm rocking a lot more ACC then you. I rechecked the numbers you are capped on a mob with up to 480 eva (stals,hasso,your gear) Ig-Alima is definitely higher then that.

I'd like to look over a parse if you have one.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-01-14 16:57:02  

The only saving grace of Redemption is its white damage, using tacticle is never a good idea.

You aren't capped on Ig-Alima with that setup and Stals, I'm not even capped with my gear and I'm rocking a lot more ACC then you. I rechecked the numbers you are capped on a mob with up to 480 eva (stals,hasso,your gear) Ig-Alima is definitely higher then that.

I'd like to look over a parse if you have one.

I don't have a copy atm, but base dex is 103, and I do use sushi on the top tiers. Not ideal but the added acc from gear won't match sushi, and the added hit rate outweighs higher attack from how I've parsed. Fully open to advice though as I'm not a purist 2h melee.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-14 17:49:48  
Basicly, try to avoid acc food if you can.
Treat food like a gearslot, and it's pretty hard to beat the 100+ attack you get from red curry in any gearslots, no matter how much gear you switch out
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-01-14 17:55:51  
Hmm, ok Kvazz, i'll have a play around with more acc gear again.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-14 17:57:30  
Ofcourse occationally, without a relic, it might get to a point where you need a ridicilous amount of acc-gear, but I'd use pizza+1 over sushi if that's the case.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-01-14 18:19:54  
Pizza would be an option if i didnt die so much...invent -10 jut to carry enough for 4 kills ><. Will work on it though. Yes, I do have and use DT sets...still die.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-14 18:21:00  
Pizza would be an option if i didnt die so much...invent -10 jut to carry enough for 4 kills ><. Will work on it though. Yes, I do have and use DT sets...still die.

No procs = no fanatics = easy to die for sure :p
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-01-14 18:39:51  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

No procs = no fanatics = easy to die for sure :p

Usually have fana up 100%, then take a sleep or stun, it wears > aoe > dead cat. ALWAYS happens....
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2012-01-15 00:07:17  
Another ring suggestion for Quietus could be Aqua Ring. You get 5 MND and 2 STR for the modifier, so it actually works out pretty well.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-01-15 07:46:43  
Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said: »
Another ring suggestion for Quietus could be Aqua Ring. You get 5 MND and 2 STR for the modifier, so it actually works out pretty well.

1 str will always be more potent than 1 mnd, thus vulcan's ring with 6 str would beat aqua, unless fighting something where both str and attack are capped - in which case I'd be using greatsword anyhow.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-01-15 09:05:34  
Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said: »

1 str will always be more potent than 1 mnd, thus vulcan's ring with 6 str would beat aqua, unless fighting something where both str and attack are capped - in which case I'd be using greatsword anyhow.

This. I first thought that aqua rings would have been good for Quietus, but it isn't unless your fSTR (or whatever it's called) is capped.

So the path to follow is STR first, then MND if it doesn't hurt, attack and DA, cause it obviously proc sometimes.
Not sure if TA and QA can proc on Quietus though.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-15 13:20:49  

will 5-hit this:

The acc - 14 hurts for TP. I'd prefer an accuracy safe 6 hits to an insecure 5 hits.

Like i said, I don't use the 5-hit for redemption often. However, I fail to see the acc difference between these two sets:

On top of that, I'm pretty sure you could swap bale/tactical for houyi's/atheling as long as you ws in a couple more stp. I only use Quietus anymore to trigger aftermath and then I spam entropy (realistically I almost never take off Caladbolg so the arguement is moot).

Just make an OAT greatsword and forget the whole thread :D
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-01-16 01:02:38  

will 5-hit this:

Like i said, I don't use the 5-hit for redemption often. However, I fail to see the acc difference between these two sets:

On top of that, I'm pretty sure you could swap bale/tactical for houyi's/atheling as long as you ws in a couple more stp. I only use Quietus anymore to trigger aftermath and then I spam entropy (realistically I almost never take off Caladbolg so the arguement is moot).

Just make an OAT greatsword and forget the whole thread :D

We could as well say, just play WoW and forget about FFXI...
The thread is about redemption sets why are you talking about GS?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-16 10:54:15  
We could as well say, just play WoW and forget about FFXI... The thread is about redemption sets why are you talking about GS?

I was just kidding. It was in reference to me saying "I never use my redemption anymore over caladbolg".

In my defense I did actually contribute to the thread before my poor attempt at humor. Sorry for the confusion.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Matriarch
user: Taisaijin
By Ragnarok.Matriarch 2012-01-17 11:39:32  
Thanks, everyone, this thread was super informative. Been trying to hobble together my own Redemption set. Need to do more voidwatch...