Apoc Trials Best Spots?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Apoc trials best spots?
Apoc trials best spots?
 Carbuncle.Crollion
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-01-29 12:14:15  
Like title stats just looking for good spots to work on the trials as I'm nearing a end to my apoc. Any suggestions would be sweet seen no topics on this so thought I'd ask
 Carbuncle.Crollion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-01-29 12:15:16  
Wow I can't spell either seriously gotta find a way to disable auto correct on this iPhone ><
 Siren.Stunx
サーバ: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-01-29 12:17:53  
just wiki each mob type and pick ur fav aby camps

1st trial can be done in like 30 min in aby mea flux 8
 Cerberus.Zephr
サーバ: Cerberus
user: zephr
By Cerberus.Zephr 2012-01-29 12:34:34  
This is what I did personally. Took about 2 days of casual playing, averaging 100 killshots an hour with WHM mule hasting me.

Trial 1045: Undead - Catastrophe x200
Abyssea - Grauberg Flux #07, Sensenmann.

Trial 1046: Aquans - Catastrophe killing blow x200
Abyssea - Misareaux Flux #00/05, Gasher/Slasher.

Trial 1854: Lizards - Catastrophe killing blow x300
Abyssea - Misareaux Flux #07, Atrociraptor.

Trial 1855: Birds - Catastrophe killing blow x300
Abyssea - Misareaux Flux #00/04, Frigatebird/Coastal Colibri/Gore Bat.

Trial 2265: Beasts - Catastrophe killing blow x400
Abyssea - La Theine Flux #02, Angler Tiger/Plateau Hare.
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-01-29 12:36:18  
if u can help it, ur gonna want the lowest level aby zones if the camps arent too spread out
 Asura.Yoyou
サーバ: Asura
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-01-29 12:41:27  
For the Aquans trial I would suggest frogs in La Thiene , much faster to kill
Forgot about lizzy in konschtat highlands too
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-01-29 13:18:41  
Asura.Yoyou said: »
For the Aquans trial I would suggest frogs in La Thiene , much faster to kill

birds and beasts same zone too
 Lakshmi.Odude
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-01-29 13:43:53  
Abyssea - Tahrongi vs Qutrubs
  • Brought a WHM friend, took maybe 45 minutes.

Vunkerl Islet vs Crabs/Pugils
  • Went solo. Boring as crap, but really easy.

Attohwa Chasm vs Sand Lizards
  • Another annoying spot, but MisCo was overrun with a Whisker party.

Bibiki Bay vs Tragopan
  • Another night of Cruor party farming, so I had to run to The Bay. No interruptions, but there's really only 8 pops. This one actually took me 2 days.

Abyssea - MisCo vs Limestone Hare
  • No competition, and they don't level any higher than DC.

Abyssea - Uleguerand vs Sierra Tiger
  • Started here, but there were 2 other groups doing trials on Tigers, and Indrik hates me. >.> Kill the guy once, and he takes a bee line for me every time I walk into the area.

When I did my Amano trials, I had a few friends available. So they would pull a bunch of mobs, and drop them down to 30-40% health and I would then kill them from there. Blew through the first 3 trials the first night pretty easy. They apparently remembered how much fun that was, and were all out of town when I finished Apoc. lol So I was solo until the Dynamis trials.
 Cerberus.Dierdren
user: Dierdren
By Cerberus.Dierdren 2012-01-29 14:49:15  
There are plenty of options for all the trials but here is what I did for mine:

Eldime Necropolis S and Present has a ***ton of Skeles that are fairly easy to kill.

Didn't have any problems in Kuftal Tunnel off of Robber Crabs, another great spot is Vunkrel Islet S with the Crabs/Pugils.

I went to Cape Terrigan went fairly fast since could do Sand Lizards and Raptors there

Old School level 54 Bird camp, was there for like 5 hours always pops and went fairly fast.

Ule Range at the beginning of the zone there are Rabbits/Tigers and Buffalo all easy to kill.

Another way to make the trials to go faster is after you are done with your first trial find a person who is willing to help you who has an Apoc, makes trials twice as fast.

Hope this helps you :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-01-29 15:25:32  
why would you not do this in abyssea though, /facepalm
 Carbuncle.Crollion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-01-29 17:56:47  
ya been solo 95% of the way friends helped with attestation and frag and now been tossing me some currency to help speed me up got a friend doing mandau ready with the 3K loan for me so its a bonus really.

and knowing the guys i have in my LS there always down to see me end this scythe since its been a goal for the last 6 years lol.

(now to get nidcrap give me a e body abj) ohhh the dreams lol.

Edit: forgot to add thanks for the info gonna be fun till i shoot myself doing these trials lol :)
 Lakshmi.Odude
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-01-29 18:26:43  
Fenrir.Curty said: »
Mobs outside of Abyssea have less HP/DEF, and almost always have no competition. If you can find a mob that re-spawns fast enough there's very little downtime and you can get kill shots easier.

Take Lizards for example. Lizards in MisCo were being Whiskered and were DC mobs that I had to melee down to 30% to kill shot. But EP Lizards in Attohwa Chasm could be killed with Catastrophe at 45%.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-01-29 18:31:27  
Lakshmi.Odude said: »
Mobs outside of Abyssea have less HP/DEF, and almost always have no competition. If you can find a mob that re-spawns fast enough there's very little downtime and you can get kill shots easier.

Take Lizards for example. Lizards in MisCo were being Whiskered and were DC mobs that I had to melee down to 30% to kill shot. But EP Lizards in Attohwa Chasm could be killed with Catastrophe at 45%.

yeah but you have atma in abyssea and mobs respawn like every 5 mins yar? competition shouldn't be a problem..even with lizards as you said, you could go to abyskonscht for them.
 Carbuncle.Crollion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-01-29 18:31:49  
if u guys dont mind me asking since i have no idea what id be using but what atmas do u guys use?

cause id most likely be in abys pwning away at these trials im thinking along the lines of RR/ionno/Apoc maybe toss in VV.

will most likely have a WHM mule there with me just to pwn away toss myself some haste and go crazy lol.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-01-29 18:33:26  
sanguine scythe, gnarled horn, or alpha and omega ;o? i think AO would give the most dot on trash mobs yeah? 10% more TA
 Carbuncle.Crollion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-01-29 18:48:00  
good point forgot about that tbh lol

A%O would work nicely to chip away at em quickly
 Lakshmi.Odude
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-01-29 19:00:00  
Carbuncle.Crollion said: »
if u guys dont mind me asking since i have no idea what id be using but what atmas do u guys use?

cause id most likely be in abys pwning away at these trials im thinking along the lines of RR/ionno/Apoc maybe toss in VV.

will most likely have a WHM mule there with me just to pwn away toss myself some haste and go crazy lol.
I'd say it depends on what your goal is. If you want to break the mob down faster so you can WS, then going Crit/CritDMG/TA would likely be the best route. For that you would want Razed Ruin (Crit hit Rate & Crit hit DMG), Sanguine Scythe (Crit hit DMG), and Apoc (Triple Attack+15%).

If you're O.K. with your DPS, then you could pick Atmas that would increase your Catastrophe damage. More WS damage means you have to DPS less and you run into less mobs with 1% HP after WS. For example Griffon Claw gives a some extra attack (GS/Scythe Skill+10) and a WS damage bonus. Try them out and see how they work for you.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-30 08:52:24  

I definitely averaged more mobs outside abyssea then inside for my recent Yoichi trials. Abyssea was pretty new when i did Apoc trials but it can't be much different. The outside mobs die extremely fast and there is very little comp.

It really depends on the mob type.

Its funny seeing people did these trials in 5hrs or a day when it used to take weeks...lol
 Lakshmi.Odude
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-01-30 21:47:44  
Cerberus.Taint said: »

I definitely averaged more mobs outside abyssea then inside for my recent Yoichi trials. Abyssea was pretty new when i did Apoc trials but it can't be much different. The outside mobs die extremely fast and there is very little comp.

It really depends on the mob type.

Its funny seeing people did these trials in 5hrs or a day when it used to take weeks...lol
No kidding! I remember just doing a basic Magian Scythe back when Relics required 1500 kill shots. Met up with a WAR in Fort Karugo doing Bravura trials, so I'd soften them up with Guillotine, and he'd kill shot.

Now there are 1400 kills/ws total before you reach the Dynamis stage. If you're diligent, you can muscle through that in 1 day. I think my Amano trials took 4 days, and that was because I couldn't get pops for Velosareon to drop requiring 2 trips to BCD.
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2012-01-31 08:04:52  
Be happy u only had to do the 2k kills, most of old schoolers did the 10k pretty much.
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2012-02-02 08:55:02  
Having just done them, if you're solo (without a pocket whm mule) you're much better off doing these outside Abyssea, other than the first trial.
Where I did mine:
Qutrubs in Aby-Tahrongi
Robber crabs in Kuftal
Lizards in Kuftal
Flamingos in sky
Rabbits by the OP in Bibiki.
 Fenrir.Calamity
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2012-02-02 21:50:07  
Another good choice for undead inside abby is hounds in attowha since they actually have a weakness to slashing weapons