Apoc Or Caladbolg?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » apoc or caladbolg?
apoc or caladbolg?
 Shiva.Schatzie
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-05 15:53:41  
what's the best way to go about getting the base scythe, aside from flat out luck?
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2012-02-05 16:42:09  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Caladbolg is still a solid option.
How come people think it sucks... >_>
Not best = sucks ?

Edit: I don't regret making mine at all, it was basicly done in a few days, and I did it alone mostly.
It's still very worth the one week it takes to make it.
Given SEs track record there's always a chance they nerf Resolution.

forum.square-enix.com...
Quote:
We plan on making adjustments as necessary after the version update takes place, so please try out the weapon skills with these adjustments and let us know your feedback.

Shiva.Schatzie said: »
what's the best way to go about getting the base scythe, aside from flat out luck?
There isn't a trick just kill stuff.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-06 01:16:14  
There is no reason at all to nerf resolution, it's really nothing amazing. It's a solid upgrade and nothing more. Also, there is no point at all to 95 a caladbolg, considering a ragnarok is cheaper to make than 1500 HMP.
 Leviathan.Kryptikk
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kryptikk
By Leviathan.Kryptikk 2012-02-06 01:28:48  
Im no Drk at all but cmon look how easy it is to get a damn Cald go make a Apoc then go make a Cald 1 week later lol /end thread
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-06 02:57:25  
Leviathan.Kryptikk said: »
Im no Drk at all but cmon look how easy it is to get a damn Cald go make a Apoc then go make a Cald 1 week later lol /end thread
Yeah it will take you a like a week to make caldabolg and like 3 months of non-stop dyna for apoc.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-02-06 02:58:58  
Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said: »
Leviathan.Kryptikk said: »
Yeah it will take you a like a week to make caldabolg and like 3 months of non-stop dyna for apoc.
Just duo-ed a Mandau in a little over a month. Relics aren't too unreasonable to get nowadays.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-06 03:02:54  
wow only a month dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, thats not too shabby, Ragnarok is within my grasp, @Schatzie since you have two empryean already why not get a relic under your belt :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Harmless
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ollette07
By Quetzalcoatl.Harmless 2012-02-06 03:48:05  
I personally built Calad first and loved it. Fast forward a few months and I had completed Apoc (which is absolutely amazing for the way it changes the job). Now my Caladbolg is exactly what was said earlier, a weapon I proc GS with. Sometimes I will keep Calad equipped in VW if a GS stagger is called and after a 300TP Torcleaver just spam Resolution for fun. Now I'm about 2 weeks from completing Ragnarok and sadly, I think my Caladbolg is gonna make for a pretty Mannequin and thats all.

Long story short, Ragnarok is better pure dmg weapon for DRK, Apoc is good dmg and great utility, Caladbolg is a nice stop gap, and Liberator is a pipe dream.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-06 04:55:53  
Im gonna make obtaining a mythic a reality for me.
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-06 10:03:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Harmless said: »
I personally built Calad first and loved it. Fast forward a few months and I had completed Apoc (which is absolutely amazing for the way it changes the job). Now my Caladbolg is exactly what was said earlier, a weapon I proc GS with. Sometimes I will keep Calad equipped in VW if a GS stagger is called and after a 300TP Torcleaver just spam Resolution for fun. Now I'm about 2 weeks from completing Ragnarok and sadly, I think my Caladbolg is gonna make for a pretty Mannequin and thats all. Long story short, Ragnarok is better pure dmg weapon for DRK, Apoc is good dmg and great utility, Caladbolg is a nice stop gap, and Liberator is a pipe dream.

Why again is Rag better then Cala on a low-mid level mob?

Cala:
Torcleavor
30-50% ODD (30-90sec)

Ragnarock:
35acc
15-16% OD2.5 (convertts to 20% ODD)
11% perma crit rate boost
8-10% Crit rate from AM(30-60sec)(have to use scrouge)
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-06 14:08:00  
Depends highly on if you are able to fulltime aftermath, and need some math on if lvl3 aftermath is even worth using over 3 resolutions. Also 13 base damage over a 90 caladbolg assuming no one is crazy enough to waste 1500 HMP on a super situational weapon.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-06 14:23:41  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Depends highly on if you are able to fulltime aftermath, and need some math on if lvl3 aftermath is even worth using over 3 resolutions. Also 13 base damage over a 90 caladbolg assuming no one is crazy enough to waste 1500 HMP on a super situational weapon.

VW sure. Other events 100tp Torcleavers aren't going to kill your DPS. (low to med mobs as I stated)

At the same time Ragnarok has to Scourge to keep AM up.

I guess my point is if you have Cala and your choice is 150mil on Plates or 150mil on Rag its a pretty close call. That and the 99 trial for Relics is a complete *** for most people while the 99 emp trial you can throw gil at.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-06 14:28:18  
Ragnarok shouldn't really be touching scourge, resolution spam is superior. Ragnarok also has a much bigger advantage on higher level mobs that benefit more from the increased crit rate. Not even counting the acc, which is very relevant on high level targets.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2012-02-06 14:28:47  
Wow at this question. o.o
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-06 14:29:58  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »

VW sure. Other events 100tp Torcleavers aren't going to kill your DPS. (low to med mobs as I stated)

At the same time Ragnarok has to Scourge to keep AM up.

I guess my point is if you have Cala and your choice is 150mil on Plates or 150mil on Rag its a pretty close call. That and the 99 trial for Relics is a complete *** for most people while the 99 emp trial you can throw gil at.

I'm really torn on upgrading calad or doing ragnarok myself.
Like, on anything hard I'd probably just use Apoc anyways <_>
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-06 14:31:40  
Not really true, there are many high level fights that would benefit more from increased DPS than survivability. I still don't see 95 calad beating 95 ragnarok at damage on low level targets either, but I'd need to see math on that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-02-06 14:45:21  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
@OP

Make Apoc for use 95% of the time.
Make caladbolg so you can proc GS with style.
:D
That's basically what I did. lol

Just keep in mind what weapon/weaponskills you would enjoy more and the end costs of building them to 99.
By veddertehtaco 2012-02-06 16:33:31  
before i left game for real life reasons i had completed cala 90 and was working on OaT gs as well, i was happy with the damage output of cala90 but from what ive read, and i lurk alot of forums, rag will beat it if the acc is a factor, but i believe we all know that if your a drk main and you dont go apoc over other weapons (supplied you have the means to accomplish it, i left shortly after the dyna changes)than your doing it wrong.

I would do apoc then atm OaT gs as drk main, unless SE does something to enhance calabolg (either ws buff or something)I honestly wouldnt really see a point in making cala~99 and why waste time on even going to 85 when tor is falling behind reso
 Shiva.Schatzie
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-07 07:15:00  
Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said: »
wow only a month dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, thats not too shabby, Ragnarok is within my grasp, @Schatzie since you have two empryean already why not get a relic under your belt :)
because dynamis hates me! mostly looking at calad right now because dyna seems to bring me the worst luck.
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-02-07 07:19:38  
Relics are pretty much a joke to obtain anymore.... I've been playing around in dynamis since Christmas off and on for lulz and i'm 50 silvers away from an excal.

Did it purely for the lulz.

Could easily finish in half that time if I didn't afk 20-30 minutes every run and skip half of the days.
 Shiva.Schatzie
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-07 07:28:38  
Asura.Arkanethered said: »
Relics are pretty much a joke to obtain anymore.... I've been playing around in dynamis since Christmas off and on for lulz and i'm 50 silvers away from an excal.

Did it purely for the lulz.

Could easily finish in half that time if I didn't afk 20-30 minutes every run and skip half of the days.
my problem is i have no idea what the hell im doing, no knowledge of TEs, or camp spots, or what to kill. i end up with like 10-20 coins and dying lol. i also lack real close friends too, so statics and partners are out too.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-02-07 07:33:03  
Shouldn't be any harder than soloing Masa / Kannagi... If that is how you obtained them.

Here is my favorite zone to farm.... Maps are pretty self-explanatory.

Shiva.Schatzie
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-07 07:36:10  
Shouldn't be any harder than soloing Masa / Kannagi... If that is how you obtained them.

Here is my favorite zone to farm.... Maps are pretty self-explanatory.
it was how i did them.

beastman !! different in dreamlands? tried buburimu the other day, couldnt get a stupid thf mob to !! for crap.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-02-07 07:40:04  
You farm the nightmare mobs and move with the JA procs Nin/Dnc.
 Shiva.Schatzie
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-07 07:49:43  
o ok thanks. while on the topic, how about forgotten thingers for tekko+2? wheres best place to getthem?
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-02-07 08:00:32  
Valk drops touches.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-07 08:16:34  
Relics are pretty much a joke to obtain anymore.... I've been playing around in dynamis since Christmas off and on for lulz and i'm 50 silvers away from an excal. Did it purely for the lulz. Could easily finish in half that time if I didn't afk 20-30 minutes every run and skip half of the days.
my problem is i have no idea what the hell im doing, no knowledge of TEs, or camp spots, or what to kill. i end up with like 10-20 coins and dying lol. i also lack real close friends too, so statics and partners are out too.

If you go to BG wiki and search for dynamis, it brings you to the main dynamis description page. Pick a dynamis that you need/want gear from (hopefully you have access to nightmare zones, but if not no worries). Halfway down the page is a brief chart showing which class monsters are proc'ed by what ability. I recommend either memorizing these, or keeping it open in a tab.
Here's where it switches up: If you do have nightmare zone access I recommend picking a zone that has touches you need/want. Open a tab from the bottom of the "dynamis" page to the zone you want. If you scroll ALL the way to the bottom there is a nice little map on the bottom right with 5 stars super-imposed on it. Kill the 4 statues (goblin statue, adamantking image, warchief tombstone, and avatar idol) to get your first 4 time extensions. Then you have to look for the "roaming time extension". It's not as bad as it sounds like. There are 4 "high level" beastmen (orcs yags etc) camps that the TE can be in (you killed the TE's in the low level camps, if you didn't already piece that together). If its not at one camp you just move systematically through them until you get it.

Take that nice little map with the stars and compare your in game time with whichever of the three boxes is currently "JA". For example: If you're in bubu and it's between 0-8 you'd be looking for ravens, crawlers, or uragnites. Come some job /dnc (preferably thf/dnc or bst/dnc so you have TH) and spam the crap out of steps and flourishes until the mob becomes staggered. All 5 TE grant you a MIN of 1 currency per kill so I would expect to leave with at LEAST 50 currency while you learn the ropes.
 Shiva.Schatzie
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-07 19:13:24  
how is this for a tp set? wasnt sure what ammos drk could use, so i filled it with random garbage, hagneia stone available if i need it for x-hit.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-07 19:35:28  
how is this for a tp set? wasnt sure what ammos drk could use, so i filled it with random garbage, hagneia stone available if i need it for x-hit.

Depends on the mob and what you are trying to accomplish....apoc DRK needs 2 TP sets, 2 AM sets, pdt, mdt, and prob 2-3 WS sets for each sub.
 Shiva.Schatzie
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-07 19:40:29  
Cerberus.Taint said: »

Depends on the mob and what you are trying to accomplish....apoc DRK needs 2 TP sets, 2 AM sets, pdt, mdt, and prob 2-3 WS sets for each sub.
for a general trash mobs/abyssea nms partying, i VW on sam.