Help! Attachments/Skill Up Places!!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Help! Attachments/Skill up places!!
Help! Attachments/Skill up places!!
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-02-14 11:24:43  
Hello fellow puppetmasters and puppets, I'm here today looking for help on one of my favorite jobs in game. I have nearly capped my Soulsoother/Stormwaker/Spritreaver frames on their magic skill, but I'm having a hard time staying motivated to work on my Sharpshot/Valoredge frames because they aren't getting much skill ups now and I'm wondering where should I skill them up at to the point I can take them into Abyssea or elsewhere to capped them out.

Also, I am wondering what attachments I should be using on each of the frames because I feel like I am always doing some of them wrong when I try to level up Sharpshot/Valoredge or use Spiritreaver/Stormwaker. Asking you all to get an idea on what I'm missing/need to get my hands on.

My Valoredge is currently at about 242 Melee and my Sharpshot is at about 190 Ranged.

So if you have any advice or suggestions, please let me know. Thank you in advance!
 Carbuncle.Sanders
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2012-02-14 12:09:39  
Consider the difference between the Valoredge and Sharpshot frames. With SS you'll be able to skill ranged and melee at once, but VE is much more resilient and will give you a focused skill up for melee. Also, the frame you select will affect which attachments you can fit, so mix and match them heads a bit if you like. Insofar as attachments, give yourself anything that makes him swing faster and more often.

For automaton melee, Coiler, Turbo Charger, Galvanizer~
Double attack (one Thunder Maneuver is 10%), haste (one Wind Maneuver is 15%), and yeah he can skill up on counters, too!

For Sharpshot make sure to include a Scope, and consider either a Drum Magazine or a Barrage Turbine (or both).

Consider wearing as much pet haste+% gear as you can yourself, like Shaolin Belt, Spurrer Beret, or and augmented Anwig Salade (my favourite augs for that are pet: haste5/dmg taken-10%). Also, any gear that gives pet accuracy like Karagoz Mantle or an augmented Mirke Wardecors (mine is Acc/R.acc +15 and M.atk/M.acc +7 for the pet).

If you head into abyssea, Razed Ruin is a must. Then you can tack on Apocalypse or maybe Voracious Violet for DA/TA (or use Gnarled Horn for AGI or another r.acc atma like Drifter when skilling Sharpshot). I like tacking a strong regen atma on the end like Mounted Champion or maybe Stronghold just to maintain easier skilling for longer. Pachypodiums in Abys-Tahrongi are rather weak and will pummel your auto a good bit for counter to proc. These mobs should take you at least into the 360s, since people were capping skills on these at lv95.

Out of abyssea... Grounds of Valor Prowesses *may* affect your auto; and if they do, you can take advantage of increased skill gain rate from performing Grounds pages. Because of this uncertainty, I wouldn't recommend it because Atmas in abyssea are too potent to pass up for skilling.

Finally, you are the target audience of the Percolator. If you can't afford the out-of-pocket expense, strongly consider farming a few Obs for the attachment, or at least for money items to sell to buy a Percolator. I haven't used this attachment myself, but I've heard good reports from new PUPs about Percolator + Water Maneuverx1.

Lot's of luck and keep up with a very fun job!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-02-14 12:51:51  
Thanks, I'll be sure to try this out when I get home :3 I have a percolator myself and I feel like it works in the background since my puppet tends to get skill ups often on a mage frame, but I will need to get my hands on a Coiler, Turbo Charger, and Galvanzier. I have an issue though with my puppet's sharpshot frame when I have it attack mobs; instead of staying at a distance, he'll just range attack once, then move in, which is a little irritating when trying to skill it up.

I get skill ups for my mage when I fight NMs and do GoV when I am leveling up my mule, so that covers him, I'm just afraid to take my Valoredge out there.

I have the anwig salade at the moment and tossed my old mirke to re-do for my COR. Think I'll be set there for a little while.
 Carbuncle.Sanders
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2012-02-14 14:17:33  
Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »
Thanks, I'll be sure to try this out when I get home :3 I have a percolator myself and I feel like it works in the background since my puppet tends to get skill ups often on a mage frame, but I will need to get my hands on a Coiler, Turbo Charger, and Galvanzier. I have an issue though with my puppet's sharpshot frame when I have it attack mobs; instead of staying at a distance, he'll just range attack once, then move in, which is a little irritating when trying to skill it up.

Like the mage frames with magic, the SS will prioritize ranged attacks over melee when close range. Also, they removed the distance formula from the automaton recently, so you don't have to worry about that affecting damage or accuracy.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-02-14 20:53:53  
Pantin Dastanas is another Great Addition to Pet:Haste Build.

In gear, You can get

+5 From head (Anwig/Spurrer
+3/4 from Hands (NQ/HQ are +3, HQ2 are +4)
+3 from Belt (Shaolin)

Also, Atmas Effect pets. So Atma of the Omnipotent. DEX+50(acc) and Haste+10%. Gives your Pet Haste:+22%

That said, Consider Using Atma Of the Alpha and Omega, and Atma of the Apoc... Gives you a higher Volume of Triple Attack(25% to be exact) for your pet... Helps with Melee skill ups by some fair margin.

Downside to that is they won't live very long lol... Could consider replacing Alpha/Omega with Ducal Guard or any other PDT ones
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-02-14 21:02:59  
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
+3 from Belt (Shaolin)
Don't you mean moepapa stone?
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-02-14 21:19:09  
Siren.Thoraeon said: »
+3 from Belt (Shaolin)
Don't you mean moepapa stone?

NU! FREE = BETTER.

But yah, I knew theres was ONE piece of armor i was forgetting... And thats it.

24% Haste then. :)
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2012-02-14 21:20:05  
Pantin Dastanas is another Great Addition to Pet:Haste Build.

In gear, You can get

+5 From head (Anwig/Spurrer
+3/4 from Hands (NQ/HQ are +3, HQ2 are +4)
+3 from Belt (Shaolin)

Also, Atmas Effect pets. So Atma of the Omnipotent. DEX+50(acc) and Haste+10%. Gives your Pet Haste:+22%

That said, Consider Using Atma Of the Alpha and Omega, and Atma of the Apoc... Gives you a higher Volume of Triple Attack(25% to be exact) for your pet... Helps with Melee skill ups by some fair margin.

Downside to that is they won't live very long lol... Could consider replacing Alpha/Omega with Ducal Guard or any other PDT ones
why get a pdt atma when you could replace it with a regen atma and generally not care if they take damage or not. PDT is a wasted slot in this scenario, as you're losing potential attack rounds, as well as having to worry about the increased burden of healing your pet. where with a regen atma, the automaton is regenerating hp at a much faster pace than he's losing it, making it a lot more "set it and forget it" friendly.

also the lack of need to cure the automaton when using a regen atma also establishes hp as a more or less useless stat, allowing the adverse effects of A/O to be essentially null other than killing the mob faster with slightly heightened attack. A/O, apoc, and a regen atma should serve nicely given no accuracy issues.

if there are significant accuracy issues, consider using thunder maneuvers for the heightened accuracy with a stabilizer/II (alongside the increased double attack from coiler), or if extremely desperate stick on an acc atma over A/O, as the opportunity cost is 5% less than losing apoc.

tl;dr
PDT requires maintenance
Regen does not
Maintenance by definition expends resources, opportunity cost or otherwise
∴Regen atmas are always going to be the preferable choice in where the hp regenerated > the hp lost (I would hope it would be at this point in the game on visions mandies) ■
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-02-15 00:22:23  

SO would something like this work?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-02-15 07:16:36  
Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »

SO would something like this work?

USU FEET FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!

... Can you tell the bee never pops for me? qq