Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-14 17:02:30  
02-14-2012 04:50 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

While this may not answer all of your questions, I have some info for you regarding Dark Seal.

The new effect for Dark Seal that reduces casting time for dark magic isn’t meant for spells you cast on yourself such as Dread Spikes. It was designed to be used for offensive magic that’s used against enemies. The meaning of this effect is to reduce the possibilities of being interrupted while casting during fights where you are auto-attacking.

For a dark magic fast cast, we need to look into this a bit more, but we think it would be better as a job trait if we implement it.

Based on the above, I’d like to talk about whether we should change the effect of Dark Seal from a reduction in casting time to a reduction in recast time.

In the hypothetical event that we were to change the effect of Dark Seal to reduce recast time, the effects of adding a merit point would be roughly half of if the effect were reduced casting time.

For example:
For each merit point added, a 10% reduction in dark magic casting time.

For each merit point added, a 5% reduction in dark magic recast time.

Also, in the case that we revamp it to be dark magic fast cast (name pending), similar to Elemental Celerity, it would only reduce casting time and it would most likely not be able to have very high values.

The reason for this being that it will allow for constant casting of Drain and other spells and there is a concern about making it too beneficial while retaining the same dark knight firepower.

If there are enough people who wouldn’t mind the above example of changes, then the development team can look into revamping the effect of Dark Seal.
Subscribe

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Stunx
サーバ: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-02-14 17:08:24  
i like it how it is >.>
 Asura.Wyattdoc
サーバ: Asura
user: wyattdoc1
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2012-02-14 17:24:33  
Here we go someone ask for a adjustment and they say ok now lets make it worst. :p
 Asura.Yoyou
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-02-14 17:38:50  
Bs over bs over bs .
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-14 18:04:22  
1/5 tops
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-02-14 18:05:56  
they should make it into passive ? :/
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2012-02-14 23:23:30  
Siren.Stunx said: »
i like it how it is >.>
Asura.Yoyou said: »
Bs over bs over bs .
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-14 23:26:06  
Recast time would be useful for stun, I'll take it.
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
サーバ: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2012-02-15 00:02:48  
I don't necessarily think we should be able to spam Drain/ Aspir, but the cast and recast times on them could both use a hefty reduction if the dev team was wanting to focus on the magical aspect of drk to make it more competitive. Also, there is zero reason drk shouldn't be able to maintain Dread Spikes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-15 06:56:30  
Nobody is ever gonna merit this above 1\5 anyways, so they should just give us a trait.
 Asura.Yoyou
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-02-15 07:15:22  
Sylph.Cossack said: »
I don't necessarily think we should be able to spam Drain/ Aspir, but the cast and recast times on them could both use a hefty reduction if the dev team was wanting to focus on the magical aspect of drk to make it more competitive. Also, there is zero reason drk shouldn't be able to maintain Dread Spikes.

Brb time to skill up staff and fulltime Pluto's!
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-02-15 22:08:14  
recast time plzkthxbye
 Phoenix.Bomber
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-02-15 22:22:54  
Asura.Yoyou said: »
Sylph.Cossack said: »

Brb time to skill up staff and fulltime Pluto's!
Yeah i dont see why we cant keep spikes up like the rest of spikes its useless w/ special moves which mobs nowadays spam
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-16 17:02:27  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
recast time plzkthxbye