フォーラム » FFXI » Valefor » Decimate LS!
Decimate LS!
 Valefor.Valus
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Valus
By Valefor.Valus 2009-05-08 23:18:26  
A Bit of Background

I think it is important to take risks to grab something you want, even if it's dumb or silly. I've been playing FFXI since October 2003- slightly after NA PC release. I've always had a love/hate relationship with the game- quit many times, came back, switched servers to follow friends, etc. I think a lot of us are like that. I was never very serious about the game and considered playing to just be something to kill time. Eventually, in 2008, I had the joy of playing in my first serious endgame shell on Midgardsormr (Anomaly). I really enjoyed it- loved doing events with close friends and learning how to play. I owe a lot of my experience to shell and I thank them for honestly teaching me how to play. However, there was always something missing. While everything was run professionally and nearly all events were wins, I was still unsatisfied. I looked at the gear on some people on the server. I would never wear an Aces Helm. I'd always wanted one. I wouldn't have an Apoc either... even though I always wanted one. I began to become jealous of these people- almost to the point of contempt. It was my fault for staying where I was though- if I wanted that stuff, I had to work for it. I was pretty happy with the event schedule of my old shell but I wanted more. I began to ask around about possible endgame shells on the server. I spoke with some close friends in private about my options. A friend of mine in real life mentioned that he wanted to start a shell on another server and that he was recruiting people for cross server. He showed me he had a list of folks who already had dedicated themselves to doing this. He wanted to know if I wanted in. I spent a great deal of time debating and thinking: was I happy with my current shell? Didn't I crave a bit more? After some serious debating, I decided to take the plunge and moved Valus from Midgardsormr to Valefor.

Some may call me a fool. I was next in line for Homam parts in my old shell. I walked away with about 85~ lotting points in a shell that awards 2 points per run. I think it can only be summed up in one word: ambition. I would be disappointed in myself if I didn't have all the gear I wanted by the time I finally quit playing for good. I was willing to take risks to get that gear and to fully embrace the endgame scene in FFXI.

An interesting paraphrased quote comes to mind when I think about FFXI. There's something from the movie "King of Kong" that always stuck with me. The movie (if you haven't seen it, go see it- it's awesome) is a documentary about the best 80s video game arcade players of all time. It also shows Steve Wiebe and his goal of becoming the best Donkey Kong player in the world and usurping Billy Mitchell, a man who held the title for over 20 years. They interview Billy Mitchell and he says (this is paraphrased a bit), "You know, I'm the best Donkey Kong player in the world. I know that's nothing to some people- but how many people in the world can say they are the best at something? Even if it's small?" That's how I feel about FFXI. Why do anything if you don't want to be the best? Why play FFXI for countless hours without seeing your maximum potential?

Decimate is a linkshell for people like me. We are working very hard to recruit new members from all over to join up and to go out into the game with a swagger and a dream.

Who We Are

At the current moment, we are low on members in every category. We are building from the ground up. We are looking for dedicated members who would not be afraid to take a risk on starting over. We all have to start somewhere even if we were the top dog at one point. We want to build a great core group of absolute "chill" people. We do not want drama; we want drops.

We have plan on scheduling events from around 7 PM EST until we basically all pass out from lack of sleep, lol. With the low number of members we have right now, we plan on scheduling the following events to get started:

Sky
Sea
Limbus
Dynamis: Cities & Outlands.
ZNM 1-4
SCNM
HNM: Adam/Aspid. Behemoth/KB. Cerberus. We eventually want to have ourselves an impassive amount of claimers so that Fafhog is definitely an option for our members. People grieve, moan, and *** about not being able to ever have an Adaman Hauberk, Dalmatica, or Koenig Body. Here's your chance.

The goal is to gear up everyone adequately while building a linkshell bank. The linkshell operates on a payout system so the profits are shared from money drops. While it would be nice for people applying to have sea or sky, it is not a requirement. We're willing to help people who dedicate themselves to our cause and would gladly help anyone with any missions needed to attend events. We will be building from scratch so we completely understand.

Also, we are looking for players that have a lot of time to give. I know we all have work and we all have responsibilities. We're looking for players that would not think of events as chores, would take things seriously, and log in and play when they could. Honestly, if you think you may only be able to show up 1-2x a week, this may not be the shell for you, my friend. This is a shell for people who want to claim FFXI as a hobby over a social event. This isn't a shell you log into when you're bored; this is a shell you clear your schedule to show up for. That all being said, attendance will be handled in a case by case basis and if you can't make it, it's cool. For instance, I'm a gigging musician myself- stuff comes up. I just know that it might affect my lotting chances.

Goals and Dreams

From our humble beginning, we envision a vast shell of good friends working together. We would love to build our ranks up enough for other events in the future. Our ambition will drive us forward, and enable us to amass to greater expectations. It would be nice to be able to show up to Fafnir with a large group of claimers to start passing out some Ridills, N. heads, and body abjurations. I foresee us doing lots of Einherjar, Salvage, and other events. It would be the full endgame experience with events scheduled more than not.

To apply, check out: http://cbhnmls.11.forumer.com/index.php

Also, feel free to PM me . I don't bite.

If you EVER had dreams about playing in an endgame that takes the game seriously, treats you with respect, and has limitless ambition, I suggest applying.

Thank you folks for reading my post!
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-08 23:26:04  
Summarize it please

tl:dr