Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 159 160 161 ... 861 862 863
 Fenrir.Mesic
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2013-02-25 04:21:21  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Fenrir.Mesic said: »
How does a WOE Empy H2h compare to 85 Vere?

Assuming you mean 90 WoE, 85 Vere is better.
But 90 Vere is really easy to make, so there's no excuse to leave it at 85 :P

vs 95 WoE. I'm not "not" taking this to 90, its my friends. I'm just trying to see of two people who has the better weapon.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-02-25 05:26:06  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
How does a WOE Empy H2h compare to 85 Vere?

Assuming you mean 90 WoE, 85 Vere is better.
But 90 Vere is really easy to make, so there's no excuse to leave it at 85 :P

vs 95 WoE. I'm not "not" taking this to 90, its my friends. I'm just trying to see of two people who has the better weapon.

I don't have the numbers atm, but I'm gonna assume 85 Vere is still better.
The aftermath is very strong :3
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-02-25 20:34:01  
are items like this, for example, +5 or +7 macc in legion?
By Neodin 2013-02-27 09:12:10  
Anyone know what Font color i change to make Abbysite of Discernment messages easier to spot ?
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-02-27 09:46:40  
Config > Chat > NPC Conversations
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-02-27 10:07:34  
Asura.Fondue said: »
are items like this, for example, +5 or +7 macc in legion?
I would think that if it doesn't subtract it, ie Diabolos's earring, then you can just add the stats together.

So it would be +7.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-27 10:13:16  
Iirc, no. The conditional stats replace similar stats under those conditions. Like, Diabolos's Earring would be -3 Acc and +2 MAcc in Dark weather.

For instance:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Storm_Loop
 Fenrir.Mesic
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2013-02-28 02:41:16  
i believe i remember reading there was a way too but i can't remember where after searching, how do you specify a xml that you want to link up with a specific subjob? thf/nin for example
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-02-28 03:44:46  
Any "New" "Must have" Armor added on the last 6 months ?
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2013-02-28 08:18:52  
while not really ffxi related , ever since the achievment system update certain portions of pages dont load or display on my crappy Pantech. specificly bazaars , price history , POL news , or the tabs on player pages . is there a way to fix this thru settings or do i need to update something like java ?
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-02-28 09:14:17  
See this screenshot: http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/69713

How do I get those status icons (yes, using windower). Thanks!
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-02-28 09:29:36  
Fenrir.Yuriki said: »

Bleep bloop.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-02-28 14:27:09  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Fenrir.Yuriki said: »

Bleep bloop.
Awesome, thanks!
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-02-28 16:10:11  
Are the stats known for Salvage II bosses and Dvali Jonah that I can plug into a spreadsheet? Thanks~
By duos 2013-03-01 02:05:07  
Very random question, I wonder what was the general reaction to abyssea the first few months it was released ? I came back when the cap raised to 99.

Also what were 'end game' event ls doing in there. I mean other then building empy, other stuff could be done in first few weeks or so (atma/+2s/abbysites)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-01 02:07:34  
From what I remember, people were very curious about Abyssea.

We weren't even leveling in it until a few weeks after when people figured out how to. (or a few days, not sure really).

Then almost everyone was doing Abyssea. If you weren't doing it to get the new armor everyone was excited about you were getting all your jobs to 80 > 85 > 90 > 95 > 99 over the next year.
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-03-01 02:14:17  
duos said: »
Very random question, I wonder what was the general reaction to abyssea the first few months when it was released ? I just came back when the cap raised to 99.

Also what were 'end game' event ls doing in there. I mean other then building empy, other stuff could be done in firs few weeks or so (atma/+2s/abbysites)
Most people actually competely ignored abyssea when it first came out. It took a few weeks before people figured out time extensions, at which point it became popular for exp. Procing remained a pretty strong mystery through the first expansion so many people ignored the blue!! drops because they were effectively 5%. Along those lines very few people had atmas.

Most of the groups after gear in abyssea (on my server at least) were relatively small, normally 5-6 people that would get/merc stuff like viking helms and serp hands. Lots of people would pin the hell out of mobs and mage solo them. The only "endgame" ls on my server was dismal, and couldn't kill anything. I'm sure most good hnm shells primarily merced stuff.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Zoltar 2013-03-01 07:59:56  
Are sea gorgets still relevant for macroing into weaponskills at level 99?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-03-01 08:02:21  
Zoltar said: »
Are sea gorgets still relevant for macroing into weaponskills at level 99?
Yes, Breeze(or equivalent gorget/belt) for resolution, light gorget/belt for last stand are 2 that I use. They are still useful, it just depends on the weapon skill in question.
By Zoltar 2013-03-01 09:33:57  
I was thinking about Rampage (soil belt/gorget) Thoughts?
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-03-01 10:07:23  
duos said: »
Very random question, I wonder what was the general reaction to abyssea the first few months it was released ? I came back when the cap raised to 99.

Also what were 'end game' event ls doing in there. I mean other then building empy, other stuff could be done in first few weeks or so (atma/+2s/abbysites)
I know that personally I found Abyssea very fun. As a DNC who liked to solo random crap I had a ton of fun killing everything I could at the time, then trying and trying when I couldn't do it the first time. The NM's being forced pops (for the most part) made it all the more fun.
 Shiva.Damonz
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-03-01 10:14:18  
for Rampage there are most likely better options, but if you're going for axe WS, you should look into ruinator, and then gorget/belt is most likely a good option
By Zoltar 2013-03-01 12:17:37  
Shiva.Damonz said: »
for Rampage there are most likely better options, but if you're going for axe WS, you should look into ruinator, and then gorget/belt is most likely a good option

See now I'm confused.

Rampage = 5 hit
Ruinator = 4 hit

My Rampage almost always does more damage...but what you're saying is, gorget/belt is still good with axe ws's, yeah?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-03-01 12:49:17  
The way I understand it, on ws`s where the FTP modifier carries over onto all hits, Gorget/Belt is almost always best option. And as far as I know Rampage`s ftp is only for the first hit.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
 Shiva.Damonz
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-03-01 12:50:15  

See now I'm confused.

Rampage = 5 hit
Ruinator = 4 hit

My Rampage almost always does more damage...but what you're saying is, gorget/belt is still good with axe ws's, yeah?
the ele gorgets/belts only work on the first hit of a WS, except for the merit WS Ruinator on the merit WS fTP is the same for all hits making gorget/belt an excellent option for them. if you merit ruinator 5/5 it has a 100% str mod also, so you should be hitting 3-4k pretty easy on most content that you would be using an axe.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-03-01 12:58:09  

See now I'm confused.

Rampage = 5 hit
Ruinator = 4 hit

If you're trying to say more hits = more damage. Not always true. Differences in WS mods, FTP values, and possibility of FTP affecting more than one hit of the ws make certain of this.

In the case of Ruinator, while it loses the ability to crit that Rampage has, it has a 100% STR modifier as well as a higher FTP that carries onto all hits of the ws. Meaning it gets a larger increase in damage from adding more STR as well as a nice increase from things that increase FTP such as the belts/gorgets.

On top of this since it is not a crit weaponskill so you are not relying on crits to deal the best damage for the weaponskill. Meaning it's much more reliable and will tend to average higher in damage in the long run because of this.

Someone can feel free to correct me on any points but I think I got it about right.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-03-01 13:10:37  
Put a little more simply:
Rampage - 30% STR Modifier, +~0% Critical Hit Rate at 100TP for ~35% Critical Hit Rate overall, 5 hits

Ruinator - 100% STR Modifier, +35% Attack, 4-hits but replicates fTP, so 1.2 or 1.3 fTP/hit with Gorget/Belt/Mekira-oto +1.

So Ruinator has (much) higher base damage, more attack, and higher http://fTP. In exchange, it cannot critical. Even in Abyssea, some BSTs prefer it to Rampage because it is just that strong.
[+]
By Zoltar 2013-03-01 13:16:54  
Thanks for the explanations!
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2013-03-01 16:01:54  
lookin at a new laptop dont feel like paying extra for windows 7 and problem with ffxi and/or windower on 8 ?
First Page 2 3 ... 159 160 161 ... 861 862 863