Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 861 862 863
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-17 08:06:17  
Asura.Babydrulian said: »
Where can I find TE-5 in dynamis bubumiru? :P
It's either on the east coast among gobbies, quadavs or yagudos, or on the opposite side among DC orcs, the area between the OP and the EP orcs.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-03-17 08:21:59  
Alexander.Carrelo said: »
Not sure if this has been asked before, but I'm having an issue with several of my xml's in which my midcast gear doesn't always get equipped. Half the time I end up with some strange mixture of precast and midcast. Is this a common issue with an obvious solution :X?
You are probably experiencing a problem with ABA.
Basically, your midcast and idle set has matching pieces, and you are trying change toan intermediate precast piece too quickly.

For example, idling in Nares legs, then precast in FC legs, and trying to switch back to Nares legs in midcast. As a result, Cure goes off in your FC legs.

Solutions: Make the time between precast and midcast longer, or change any of sets (idle/precast/midcast) so that you do not experience ABA.

(ABA means first and third have a matching piece. Ideally you want ABC, AAB, or ABB.)
 Alexander.Carrelo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-03-17 08:24:57  
Does ABA stand for something or does it just mean gear A >> gear B >> gear A? So to avoid it, I only need to change it so the same piece isn't on both sides of the precast set?

Thanks for your expertise.^^

Edit: I'm also not sure how to increase the delay between precast and midcast. Is this even feasible for very fast spells that go off almost instantly ?
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-03-17 08:30:41  
gear A >> gear B >> gear A

So to avoid it, I only need to change it so the same piece isn't on both sides of the precast set?

Correct
Hope it helps.

Edit: Increasing the wait is not feasible for fast spell.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-17 08:39:20  
Also, in any case that you are attempting to change a gear slot, you can only change a slot once every .6 ~ .7 secs or so depending on lag and your computer.

If a spell goes off that fast, you either have to use a cast delay to give yourself time(which can partly or wholly negate the fastcast gear you're using), or just don't use fastcast as precast gear. Things like barspells should just get potency gear in precast. Things like stun, should probably make a custom set depending on if you're stunning a mob that has resistance or not. I generally precast fastcast and haste gear so it goes off as quickly as possible but in the event of a very stun resistant mob I might precast dark and macc gear.
 Alexander.Carrelo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-03-17 08:44:29  
So is this a problem that everyone has? Seems pretty inconvenient that we can't use the same gear in both idle and midcast. o.o And I'm having the problem even with pieces that are different for idle, precast, and midcast. Does an ABA issue with just one slot mess up the other slots too ?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-17 09:01:43  
I've never noticed an issue with this ABA thing honestly, but perhaps I've always just assumed it was that standard ~.7 sec to swap issue.

Could post your xml and examples of what exactly messes up and you could try some cast delays(like really small ones .1 or .3 at most) or use a midcast delay and see if that helps.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-17 19:15:10  
For those that have multiple mythics. How much of the quest do you have to redo, to get other mythics? Just the alex part and balrahn fight?? Or the assaults as well? I'm guessing you need a new eyepatch + Nyzul token thing too?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-17 19:26:41  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
For those that have multiple mythics. How much of the quest do you have to redo, to get other mythics? Just the alex part and balrahn fight?? Or the assaults as well? I'm guessing you need a new eyepatch + Nyzul token thing too?
Everything that's consumable. Titles don't have to be done. Assaults, eyepatch, wyrmseeker arhuhat, alex, 3 trophy items and the bc fight all have to be redone.

Basically, it's not much easier than the first one, infact, it's probably harder since you don't have all those saved up points and such.
By Azurea 2013-03-17 19:26:42  
Has there been any information mentioning possible ultimate weapons (ie Emp/Mythic/Relic) coming with the SoA expansion?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-17 20:11:23  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Everything that's consumable. Titles don't have to be done. Assaults, eyepatch, wyrmseeker arhuhat, alex, 3 trophy items and the bc fight all have to be redone.

Basically, it's not much easier than the first one, infact, it's probably harder since you don't have all those saved up points and such.

Shitty :(. OK thanks.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-17 20:12:28  
Azurea said: »
Has there been any information mentioning possible ultimate weapons (ie Emp/Mythic/Relic) coming with the SoA expansion?

yes, and it's been scrutinized to DEATH! First Dev team said run/geo get mythics then they said "well not mythics, but equivalent to mythics", and people debate it up and down as ambiguous. I'm thinking another line of legendary weapons, and not tied to the Mythic quest line that we know.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-17 20:15:03  
They're going to get mythics :{
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-03-17 20:44:37  
Has anyone gotten onto the test server recently using windower? I can't get it to work. I see the "play on test server", click it and then it attempts to open the game into full screen and then goes right back to the play screen as if I ALT-TAB.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-17 20:47:43  
Did they ever re-open the test server?
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-03-17 23:46:57  
It should be, my friend is also having this issue. Is anyone able to get onto it normally?
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-03-17 23:55:34  
This is a horribly dumb question, but how in the hell do you submit a screenshot? When I click on screenshots in the members menu I get:

This page isn't done.
no_screenshots_found

And I haven't found a submit screenshot option anywhere else. Thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-03-18 05:03:35  
Forgive the basic question, but I've mainly used my brd for legion & minuets and haven't really looked or thought much at marches. However, with the Embrava nerf coming up soon, I'd like to get this straitened out.

It's been floating around that Victory March + Marcato and Haste(spell) caps magic haste, and I've seen a few brds riding a single march with marcato, but when I mathed it out (assuming 99 G-Horn and AF3 piece) it came out to 40.7%. Is the ~3% haste an acceptable loss to stick up a Minuet instead, or is it better to ride out 2 normal marches and be capped magic haste, and Marcato a Minuet? (This is obviously assuming no embrava, with a 99 Daurdabla)

I hope my question is clear enough D:
 Asura.Jkun
サーバ: Asura
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-03-18 06:00:02  
Any RNG/ranged dmg spreadsheet-sort-of calculator available out there?
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-03-18 07:38:25  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
This is a horribly dumb question, but how in the hell do you submit a screenshot? When I click on screenshots in the members menu I get:

This page isn't done.
no_screenshots_found

And I haven't found a submit screenshot option anywhere else. Thanks!
you go the page which you want to submit a screenshot for and hit "submit screenshot" at the bottom

So if it's an item page you'd go to that item's page and click submit screenshot
If it's your character page, it'll be at the bottom of that
Perfect, thank you!
 Cerberus.Meatster
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2013-03-18 16:37:27  
What are the usual merits for scholar?
By Solrain 2013-03-19 21:50:58  
Cerberus.Meatster said: »

5 Helix, 5 Sublimation, 5 Enlightenment, 5 Stormsurge usually.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-03-19 21:57:49  
Solrain said: »
Cerberus.Meatster said: »

5 Helix, 5 Sublimation, 5 Enlightenment, 5 Stormsurge usually.
I went 1/5 Enlightenment and 4/5 Focalization for a semi-E.Seal if I ever needed it.

I see no real need to do more into Enlightenment since I would use it primarily for raise, reraise, or other random spells I may need to cast. I suppose you could save it for an epeen nuke with an extra 20int, but meh.
[+]
By Solrain 2013-03-19 22:10:36  
Yeah, I totally agree on the Enlightenment since I usually only use it on non-INT/MND beneficial spells anyway (Aspir II on F1 puddings in BR2 comes to mind). All the other Cat2 stuff is kinda meh though, but good point on the Focalization as a mini-ES.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-03-20 00:36:06  
Can someone give me an explanation as to why someone would think Torcleaver can be slightly better than Reso? I'm personally having a hard time believing it.
 Shiva.Damonz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-03-20 00:51:29  
Quetzacoatl said: »
Can someone give me an explanation as to why someone would think Torcleaver can be slightly better than Reso? I'm personally having a hard time believing it.
they ate paint chips as a child
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-03-20 02:52:22  
Shiva.Damonz said: »
they ate paint chips as a child
He says he found the math on BG somewhere, and I'm too lazy to find it lol (or he gave sparse details on the thread's location).
 Shiva.Damonz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-03-20 05:34:28  
Well only 2 things I can think are he meant using torc for AM and then spamming reso (in most cases rag will still preform better than cala) or vs very weak targets that would die before all 5 hits of reso would land. (and in that case who cares lol)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-20 15:27:09  
Where can I store lv 45 Salvage gear, if anywhere? Porter slip 1 didn't work and I'm afraid this horny cat in WG only accepts stuff to upgrade it.
First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 861 862 863