Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 190 191 192 ... 861 862 863
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-04-30 18:10:07  
If possible, it probably is best to get in to the newer content at the start. If that's not an option(If you don't have the gear or right jobs) there's no reason to even worry about it right now.

If you're having fun doing that older content, just keep at it. Should just play the game however you like honestly.
Not missing anything by not having the nyzul WS for your current jobs though, none of those are great options compared to merit WS and stuff(again, for those jobs).
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2013-04-30 18:21:05  
Where's the Delve NPC? :o
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-30 22:47:07  
Is there a way to force Blinkmenot to refresh character display. Particularly, with so many mobs that like to strip gear, I would like to be able to see immediately when my character is naked/missing gear. I've googled a bit, checked windower wiki and the only commands I see are for the functions of the program.

I do know that I could set Blinkmenot to always blink me, but I'd rather, if there's a way, make autoexec or spellcast send a refresh gear display command, if there's a way.

In Mother Russia, addons cheat you!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Vulcat
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leadleaf
By Fenrir.Vulcat 2013-04-30 23:27:35  
Liminus earring, pitarus, and GoV enhanced skillup perk, is there anything else that can raise magic (summoning) skillup rate?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Blkninja 2013-05-01 07:08:01  
What are these Delves? I see a lot of T3 Delve

edit: ty
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-01 07:10:50  
Theaters of war->Delve.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2013-05-01 07:11:31  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Where's the Delve NPC? :o
Outside the library near the scout coalition in East Adoulin.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-05-01 10:33:14  
Is there a way to take video with windower 4?

Not sure if I should ask this here or elsewhere.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-01 17:58:10  
Is there a way to make a macro that allows for more than 5 gear swaps prior to activating a weaponskills?

I downloaded windower.... and really didn't enjoy using it. I couldn't seem to get it to do what I wanted aesthetically, let alone figure out how to get it to make advanced macros.
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-05-01 18:02:12  
Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Is there a way to make a macro that allows for more than 5 gear swaps prior to activating a weaponskills?

I downloaded windower.... and really didn't enjoy using it. I couldn't seem to get it to do what I wanted aesthetically, let alone figure out how to get it to make advanced macros.
Windower macros are quite easy to make but I just use spellcast so I wouldn't be able to show you how. <_<

Afaik, if you don't use windower macros, you're stuck with the ingame macro limitations.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-01 18:05:56  
Asura.Lokimaru said: »

Windower macros are quite easy to make but I just use spellcast so I wouldn't be able to show you how. <_<

Afaik, if you don't use windower macros, you're stuck with the ingame macro limitations.

My big irritation was that windower didn't window ffxi in a way I liked. I wanted my bottom task bar to remain up, but in order to do that, it would cut off that portion of the screen, instead of resizing to accommodate.

I didn't see anything about macros... just a bunch of options that put black text in the middle of my screen that made things look more unpleasant. In game, my macros looked unchanged, and in the windower ap, I didn't see anything that suggested I could make advanced macros. Do you do that out of game or somethin?
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-05-01 18:17:23  

My big irritation was that windower didn't window ffxi in a way I liked. I wanted my bottom task bar to remain up, but in order to do that, it would cut off that portion of the screen, instead of resizing to accommodate.

I didn't see anything about macros... just a bunch of options that put black text in the middle of my screen that made things look more unpleasant. In game, my macros looked unchanged, and in the windower ap, I didn't see anything that suggested I could make advanced macros. Do you do that out of game or somethin?
I'm assuming you mean the in game screen? Make sure after you get into game to hit the maximize button on the window and it should stop that (may need to manually resize the window an inch before it'll do it but it will work).

As for windower macros you have two choices on that and they're both done out of game. One is to use scripts, which involve writing a .txt file and using a windower command to execute it. Simple, and essentially the same as making a normal macro in game.

Or you can use spellcast, which will automatically switch your gear for you when you perform actions, that you define, which is done through the creation of xml files that the program reads.
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-05-01 18:18:44  
You do, you make your sets in an xml that can be loaded ingame, and then make your macros to call on those sets.

Say you make a set for, saaaaaay, Ukko's Fury.

You would put this in your macro (depending on if you want it to execute the weaponskill also.

//sc set Ukko
/ws Ukko's Fury
/wait 5
//sc set TP

Something like that.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-01 18:21:49  
I'm reviewing a windower macro guide. I think I'll try making text files. 5 lines just limits alot of options when it ends with a weaponskill. Thanks. I'll give it another go.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-01 18:23:54  
lol says i don't have permission to save text files there :P
 Asura.Lokimaru
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-05-01 18:24:26  
Just go into the folder properties and unselect Read-Only.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-01 18:29:07  
Just go into the folder properties and unselect Read-Only.

Yeah, did that, still won't let me, says I don't have the privledge... which is funny cause I'm the only one using this PC lol.
 Asura.Lokimaru
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-05-01 18:29:33  
I dunno then! I've never had that problem.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-05-01 18:32:24  
I've ran into that problem on a friend's PC. His problem is that his windows wasn't legit/registered and MS blocked certain(alot) of basic features on the OS.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-01 18:37:47  
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
I've ran into that problem on a friend's PC. His problem is that his windows wasn't legit/registered and MS blocked certain(alot) of basic features on the OS.

My windows came with the Dell. It's legit. I'm going to try to just put the windower folder somewhere else and see if that gives me some flexibility.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-01 19:17:39  
THat did it.

Anyhoo.

Why not use gorgets/belts for Evisceration/Exenterator? I really don't have much else to use atm (aside from Arctier's) Since i'm making long macros now to try out, just curious.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-02 02:11:48  
lol says i don't have permission to save text files there :P

While you found another way around it, it may still come up in some areas, so giving you a proper solution here.

Unselecting "read only" on the first panel of the properties page doesn't do anything (much) in modern OS's (eg: Win7).

Instead, you need to:

1) Open the Properties dialog from the context menu on the directory you're trying to save files in.
2) Go to the Security tab
3) Click the Edit button
4) From the "Group or user names" list, select 'Everyone'. If 'Everyone' does not exist, you can add it, or select 'Users' and your own account name (those two together should cover all permissions you need).
5) After selecting the account, on the bottom half, under the Allow column, click the Full Control checkbox.
6) If doing multiple accounts, click Apply after each one. Click OK when done, and OK on the parent dialog.

You should now have proper permissions to edit/add/delete files within that directory.
 Asura.Rekin
By Asura.Rekin 2013-05-02 02:16:31  
Anyone use those ergon tincture pots from the inventor coalition yet? the ones that cost 40k byalds. I'm curious as to what kind level of boost they provide considering they cost so much and for how long.
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-05-02 11:25:09  
Anything new in this year's whack-an-armor event? Same old same old? Wooden katanas & decorations?
 Valefor.Exalius
user: Exalius
By Valefor.Exalius 2013-05-02 12:11:21  
As far as I've seen, that's the case. D:
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-02 15:49:18  
What do I do with menace plasm? I'm assuming it's not the same as Mweya Plasm
 Asura.Babydrulian
By Asura.Babydrulian 2013-05-02 16:13:13  
Haven't seen anyone do Wildskeeper reives.. wassup with that?
First Page 2 3 ... 190 191 192 ... 861 862 863