Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 202 203 204 ... 861 862 863
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-07 07:20:35  
when they updating so we can get our Emp WS on Delve Weapons ? :X
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-07 07:22:57  
How do I add a linkshell to my profile when LCB has been down for months?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-06-07 07:31:27  
Shiva.Trixan said: »
For mythics, do you lose your book process if you change to a different weapon? This is under the assumption that none of the assault books were turned yet.

Books come after "Imperial Heist" so it would be a safe assumption that they have to be re-done similar to alex.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-07 07:36:01  
Valefor.Exalius said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »
For some reason FFXI wont boot up, I double click the icon as usual and then nothing. My game is installed through steam and I've updated it trying to fix this problem but still nothing. Any ideas short of a full reinstall?
Well I don't know about the Steam client but you could try the PlayOnline "check files" option on the log on screen.
I'm guessing you've already tried simply rebooting your computer?
If "check files" doesn't work, you could try running it under administrator. Otherwise, a reinstall is probably the best thing. ;_;
Sorry I can't be much more help.
Sorry for late response, I tried to do a file check but PoL just kept crashing so I decided to reinstall it. That fixed the PoL issue, but now if I try to boot up through windower it's saying the registry is corrupt, I've tried reinstalling windower but no change, any ideas?
Try not using the unofficial windower. If you use the window option they give you in config it should work. If that's what you're already doing, I'm afraid I have no idea. Might be an idea to send a ticket to the support team (May take them a while to reply..)
That does solve the problem since it's now windower that's the issue, at least the registry anyway. But if I run without windower I have no macros lol This sucks
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-07 13:30:33  
Very new to windower, and I was having some questions about Battle Mod. I have every chat filter on and I still get everything battle spam related. Is there a way to configure battle mods chat filters so I don't get spammed with absolutely everything? Also the buff plug-in (can't remember which it is), the one that tells you duration of your buffs with the bars on the left side of the screen. It doesn't seem to get rid of buffs that get dispelled (at least not by efts). My bars were still full as I had no buffs. I'm fairly certain i'm using the latest windower, as I got it off this site. Also how do I get long macros? That's the main reason I DL'd it anyways. So I don't have to hit 5 macros per WS (2 to gear in, 1 to WS and 2 to gear out). Is that what the "scripts" are for? I don't want my XI to be near automated, but I just want longer macros.

Also I'm having major crash issues with Windower 4. Any tips of fixing this? :(
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2013-06-07 14:29:35  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Also how do I get long macros? That's the main reason I DL'd it anyways. So I don't have to hit 5 macros per WS (2 to gear in, 1 to WS and 2 to gear out). Is that what the "scripts" are for? I don't want my XI to be near automated, but I just want longer macros.

If you're starting from scratch, you'd be better off learning to use Spellcast from the get-go. A basic XML will pretty much just do what you've mentioned already, only you'd have more flexibility on how to initiate actions while still swapping gear (use the menu, type them, etc).

Otherwise, if I remember right, you just make a .txt file in your scripts directory with in-game commands like

input /equip body "Orvail Robe";

and put //exec example.txt in your regular macros to call it.

Though, again, before you spend all afternoon making .txt files and modifying macros, consider using Spellcast instead.

Quote:

AFAIK Battlemod has had some complaints about that. Haven't tried it myself, so I don't know. I've had issues more with my GTX670. If you have a new setup and are using an nVidia card, could be that.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-07 14:36:02  
Japanese question!
Anyone knows where does the name of the katana Ikarigiri come from?
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-07 14:39:28  
Asura.Isiolia said: »

AFAIK Battlemod has had some complaints about that. Haven't tried it myself, so I don't know. I've had issues more with my GTX670. If you have a new setup and are using an nVidia card, could be that.

It's definitely not the card. I've been having 0 crash issues playing without windower. It's just been lately.

In regards to spellcast, I really don't want my game automated for me. I really just want longer macros so I don't have to hit 5 for 1 WS, like I said. I've played with people that use the scripts for EVERYTHING and it just doesn't seem fun to me. I had a thf in salvage 2. He got body pathos unlocked and I didn't see him put anything on, so I asked him why he didn't equip it. He said "I'll just have spellcast put it on when I engage". I don't want to play like that. I just want longer macros for gear changes, and I like the JA stuff on the left side of the screen as all it does is prevent me from jamming my macros like a jackass hoping my JAs are up.

Also, anybody know what's up with the chat filtering of battle mod and how I can alleviate that?
 Sylph.Staleyx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2013-06-08 09:08:36  
I'm currently 101 fishing and will have enough point's to pick up my last item "Fishing Waders" today after jp midnight. Will I then be able to switch back to smithing guild where I'm 100 and continue to get fishing skill beyond 100 or do I have to get Fishing 110 first before switching?
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-06-08 09:12:22  
Sylph.Staleyx said: »
I'm currently 101 fishing and will have enough point's to pick up my last item "Fishing Waders" today after jp midnight. Will I then be able to switch back to smithing guild where I'm 100 and continue to get fishing skill beyond 100 or do I have to get Fishing 110 first before switching?
As long as the skill isn't blue in the menu, you can get skillups. So as long as you've turned in the test item, you should be good.
 Sylph.Staleyx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2013-06-08 09:12:51  
Quote:
You may want to be more specific on what job(s) you play.

About my last question
Quote:
With all the new SoA Gear out which pieces of NNI and Salvage v.2 gear are worth getting?

I mainly play SAM,MNK,DRK,WAR,THF.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-06-08 09:55:20  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Very new to windower, and I was having some questions about Battle Mod. I have every chat filter on and I still get everything battle spam related. Is there a way to configure battle mods chat filters so I don't get spammed with absolutely everything? Also the buff plug-in (can't remember which it is), the one that tells you duration of your buffs with the bars on the left side of the screen. It doesn't seem to get rid of buffs that get dispelled (at least not by efts). My bars were still full as I had no buffs. I'm fairly certain i'm using the latest windower, as I got it off this site. Also how do I get long macros? That's the main reason I DL'd it anyways. So I don't have to hit 5 macros per WS (2 to gear in, 1 to WS and 2 to gear out). Is that what the "scripts" are for? I don't want my XI to be near automated, but I just want longer macros.

For Battlemod, are you using the in-game filters for spam, or did you edit the battlemod filter.xml to filter everything, if you are only filtering via game filters, you will need to filter the BM file. I believe 4 different files normlly come with the add-on, main default file, war specific, whm specific, and I think dnc specific, with the job specific files auto loading when you change to that job. So if you filter the default file only, and hop on war, you will be using the unedited war file.

For lock ups, when are they happening. I had issues at startup, with infobar causing an auto-load lock up about 50% of the time. Also, I had some issues with the Reive/Bayld tracker locking up.

Hope this helps.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-08 10:07:33  
Could someone link me to an updated altana viewer please?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-06-08 10:10:47  
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
when they updating so we can get our Emp WS on Delve Weapons ? :X

Last info posted from a dev
Quote:
Matsui here.

I’d like to once again thank you all for the feedback on relic, mythic, empyrean, and coin weapons.
I’ve read over all of the feedback, both for and against, and have taken it into consideration.

As it would appear that pretty much all your feedback has been posted, I will be closing this thread and working on the below plans: (Most of it is from my original post)
Perform revamps on relic, mythic, and empyrean weapons.
The weapons to be revamped are the level 99 versions of the above mentioned weapons including the non-afterglow ones.
Shield and instruments will not be included in these revamps.
Revamps will not be performed multiple times in short intervals like Trials of the Magians.
The stats after the revamp will make it so they can be an option amongst the other powerful weapons.
We will continue to look into unlocking the weapon skills from coin weapons further.

In regards to coin weapons, as we are only at the stage where we are considering the basic direction to do this, we will continue to look into this due to the fact that it needs additional scrutiny.

Once we’ve solidified all the plans for the weapon revamps and the result of our discussions for coin weapons, I will be sure to let you all know.

Thank you very much.

Their original idea was to have people get the emperyan weapon skill from obtaining the 99 WoE version. However, that way that post is worded, they are putting the WoE weapons on the back burner until they know and have at least tested the 99 R/E/M updated weapons.
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-06-08 10:16:45  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Could someone link me to an updated altana viewer please?

Altana Viewer thread <3
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-08 10:19:28  
Ops, didn't think we had it right here, thanks.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-08 17:25:11  
Can anyone help me with this problem I am currently having with Windower.

A few days ago Playonline crashed on me, then refused to boot up altogether so I was forced to reinstall and update it. Since then I have been unable to load Playonline with Windower, it will boot up on it's own no problem but if I try to boot it through windower I get the message "Invalid registry entry, your registry may be corrupt"

I've tried reinstalling Windower but no change. Only thing I haven't done is reinstall FFXI, but since the game works without Windower I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. Any advice would be great because to be honest I've run out of ideas.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2013-06-08 21:17:29  
This is driving me nuts, spent a good hour trying to work this out, either my Googlefu sucks or I'm missing something.. Got some Karieyh Moufles today, and they refuse to work in my Spellcast.. Not sure if this is even the right place for it, but oh well.

Edit: Worked it out, just leaving this here for historical purposes.

Here's my SC if anyone's interested;

A few days ago Playonline crashed on me, then refused to boot up altogether so I was forced to reinstall and update it. Since then I have been unable to load Playonline with Windower, it will boot up on it's own no problem but if I try to boot it through windower I get the message "Invalid registry entry, your registry may be corrupt"

I've tried reinstalling Windower but no change. Only thing I haven't done is reinstall FFXI, but since the game works without Windower I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. Any advice would be great because to be honest I've run out of ideas.

Make sure your Region on Windower is set to whatever version of FFXI you have installed (it'll be EU if you installed off a disc likely)
 Valefor.Exalius
user: Exalius
By Valefor.Exalius 2013-06-09 01:38:12  
For some reason FFXI wont boot up, I double click the icon as usual and then nothing. My game is installed through steam and I've updated it trying to fix this problem but still nothing. Any ideas short of a full reinstall?
Well I don't know about the Steam client but you could try the PlayOnline "check files" option on the log on screen.
I'm guessing you've already tried simply rebooting your computer?
If "check files" doesn't work, you could try running it under administrator. Otherwise, a reinstall is probably the best thing. ;_;
Sorry I can't be much more help.
Sorry for late response, I tried to do a file check but PoL just kept crashing so I decided to reinstall it. That fixed the PoL issue, but now if I try to boot up through windower it's saying the registry is corrupt, I've tried reinstalling windower but no change, any ideas?
Try not using the unofficial windower. If you use the window option they give you in config it should work. If that's what you're already doing, I'm afraid I have no idea. Might be an idea to send a ticket to the support team (May take them a while to reply..)
That does solve the problem since it's now windower that's the issue, at least the registry anyway. But if I run without windower I have no macros lol This sucks
Not long ago I had to reinstall FFXI. I was really not happy about losing all my macros. SO! If you play on PC, you can go directly to the folder where the macros are stored, copy the files to a safe location, then reinstall and put the macro files back in the folder. They won't have any names when you enter the game, but the command buttons will still work. :) If you Google how to do it, there should be a few pages where people will show you what the files look like. :D
 Lakshmi.Razius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2013-06-09 05:03:26  
Random Question to clarify a theory.

Theoretical scenario: Assuming it was the only form of enfeebling magic present, and that you had the MP to do so, would Chainspelling Impact force Tax'ets TP moves effectively and fast enough?

Or would a staggering of the spell be required for it to "molt" off the enfeebles after each cast?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-09 05:17:31  
You need multiple debuffs on it to consistently get it to use Exuviation.
 Lakshmi.Razius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2013-06-09 05:44:44  
Impact has seven status effects right? Not that I do not agree with your comment, I just want to clarify that you have taken that into account.

Combined with say, enfeebling weapon skills. Again, totally theoretical.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-09 05:52:03  
Asura.Daleterrence said: »
This is driving me nuts, spent a good hour trying to work this out, either my Googlefu sucks or I'm missing something.. Got some Karieyh Moufles today, and they refuse to work in my Spellcast.. Not sure if this is even the right place for it, but oh well.

Edit: Worked it out, just leaving this here for historical purposes.

Here's my SC if anyone's interested;

Make sure your Region on Windower is set to whatever version of FFXI you have installed (it'll be EU if you installed off a disc likely)
Surprisingly this was the problem, but it wouldn't work unless I set the region to US no EU. But having said that it's now saying FFXI isn't installed >< all this *** just because PoL *** up. I'm going to do a complete reinstall, POL/FFXI and windower. If that doesn't work then bollocks to it.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-09 05:56:41  
Lakshmi.Razius said: »
Impact has seven status effects right? Not that I do not agree with your comment, I just want to clarify that you have taken that into account.

Combined with say, enfeebling weapon skills. Again, totally theoretical.

Depends if they get resisted in legion you needed elemental seal for them to land. We were just using dia and helix and it used exuvication every time. As for chainspelling impact..... 666mp cost... yeah GL with that.
By ForteGSX 2013-06-09 09:08:21  
Is there anywhere where I can purchase SoA for a discounted price at the moment? I remember seeing a thread here on ffxiah a while back that some company was selling it for 10bux but I can't find that link anymore sadly.

Thanks in advanced for the help !
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-09 09:09:28  
amazon randomly has it for cheap
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2013-06-09 13:48:49  
Surprisingly this was the problem, but it wouldn't work unless I set the region to US no EU. But having said that it's now saying FFXI isn't installed >< all this *** just because PoL *** up. I'm going to do a complete reinstall, POL/FFXI and windower. If that doesn't work then bollocks to it.

Make sure you are installing the NA POL if you have the NA FFXI, otherwise you'll get that problem.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-09 14:22:29  

Make sure you are installing the NA POL if you have the NA FFXI, otherwise you'll get that problem.
That's the confusing part, it is the EU client lol. All is well now though, after a complete reinstall of everything it's finally working again.
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2013-06-09 16:56:53  

That's the confusing part, it is the EU client lol. All is well now though, after a complete reinstall of everything it's finally working again.

That's good, if not strange. =o Maybe the version you uninstalled was the NA version and installing the EU version confused your registry. *Shrug*
First Page 2 3 ... 202 203 204 ... 861 862 863