Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 204 205 206 ... 861 862 863
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-13 11:19:26  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Where can I get something to run a parse that isn't scoreboard addon? I play on a lower resolution to fit both characters on 1 monitor and the addon takes up like 40% of my screen >.<
You could also reduce the number of players shown to something that fits your resolution better by configuring the 'numPlayers' field in your scoreboard/data/settings.xml file.

Readme

Thanks Ill play around with scoreboard a bit more when I get home today.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Toggling the visibility off is also a good alternative, you might as well just make it invisible and then check it out at the end of the fight so it doesn't bother you. Personally I have it next to my chatlog since I have that in a kinda compact mode.

Chatlog - Scoreboard - Party info, never bothers me.

Also thanks Ill try this out too. I actually didnt know you could toggle the visibility.
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-13 12:35:34  
Does anyone happen to know about how much Accuracy one needs to get 95% accuracy against Tax'et, the T5 Ceizak Delve NM? Thanks!
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-06-13 16:35:06  
From a fastcast perspective which is better? I was under the impression that 1% fastcast = 1% haste

witful belt vs Ninurta's sash
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-06-13 16:39:31  
1% Fast Cast = 0.5% Haste, though I think Fast Cast works independantly of Haste recast timer too. So if you could get 25% Haste + 50% Fast Cast (at the end), then you'd get 50% recast time.
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-13 16:40:25  
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
From a fastcast perspective which is better? I was under the impression that 1% fastcast = 1% haste

witful belt vs Ninurta's sash

I'm going to assume you're talking about Recast timers because Haste does nothing for actual cast speeds.

1% Haste = 1% recast
1% Fast Cast = 0.5% recast

Do take into account a couple of factors though

(1) Equipment haste does still cap at 25%
(2) Haste and Fast Cast stack multiplicative, so make sure to account for what's best for you.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-06-13 16:42:14  
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
1% Fast Cast = 0.5% Haste, though I think Fast Cast works independantly of Haste recast timer too. So if you could get 25% Haste + 50% Fast Cast (at the end), then you'd get 50% recast time.

I've been under the impression that haste is applied then fastcast, so 75% recast after haste then 50% fc would be 37.5? someone spell this out for me if I'm wrong D:
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-13 16:44:39  
Asura.Fondue said: »
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »

I've been under the impression that haste is applied then fastcast, so 75% recast after haste then 50% fc would be 37.5? someone spell this out for me if I'm wrong D:

Almost correct

1.00 Cast time * 0.75 (25% Haste) = 0.75 Cast Time

0.75 Cast Time * 0.75 (25% Recast from having 50% FC) = 0.5625 Cast Time

You have the right idea, but you forgot to take into account that Fast Cast reduces Recast by half its value. ^^
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-06-13 16:54:42  
Ah, right. That makes the decision easier then (aside from the 10m price tag on Ninurta). Witful it is.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2013-06-13 17:41:08  
How does Phalaina Locket (MND+3 "Cure" potency +4% Potency of "Cure" effect received +4%) fare against Colossus's Torque ([Element: Light]+20 Healing magic skill +7 Enhancing magic skill +7 On Lightsdays: Healing magic skill +10 Enhancing magic skill +10) for cures on both GEO and BLU?

I can see Phalaina winning for self cures on blu, but I honestly don't understand how to math in Healing Magic on either of those jobs. Does it matter at all that neither of the 2 gets native Healing Magic skill?
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-13 18:06:42  
If cure potency is capped then use Colossus if its not then use Phalaina... simple.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-13 18:12:31  
I don't think Colossus' will ever be the better option for Blu, but yeah it should be a better option for Geo if they can cap potency(they can) through other slots. For self geo cure, phalaina would probably be better still.
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-13 18:32:30  
Cure Calculator

I do agree with the above two posters though.
 Valefor.Exalius
サーバ: Valefor
user: Exalius
By Valefor.Exalius 2013-06-16 09:17:30  
Hello. Is there anyone here from Valefor with a male chocobo?
 Sylph.Staleyx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2013-06-16 12:53:29  
Why does POL not make me do a file check after installing SOA but my girl installs it and is made to do a file check and update?
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-17 20:49:23  
What's the best way to get Bayld?

Is it Colonization Reives or nothing?

I know Skirmish gives, but not sure how it compares to other things.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-06-17 20:51:36  
Coalition assignments
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-17 20:54:26  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Coalition assignments

I generally do those with colonization reives.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-18 23:51:45  
What's the best way to get skirmish items to assemble?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-19 00:18:41  
Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Coalition assignments

The Reive assignments usually give pretty weak bayld compared to some others.
Scouts Ergon Locus for Morimar and Foret both give 3.6(I think) and take around 3 minutes to do.
Foret/Morimar for Courier's both give 6k, but they both take much longer.
Mummer's Lost object assignment gives 3.6k, but can take forever if someone else is doing it to.
Inventor's early assignments give around the same bayld as reive, but you'll never have to leave town to complete. Gil cost could add up though.
Not that you shouldn't do reives, but I wouldn't put all my tags in to Pioneer's.
For Skirmish, if you don't want to just buy them, you should try and spend a little time obtaining them through all methods. There's no way that is absolutely best.
edit: guess it is summertime but not sure how I confused Mumor with Mummer's.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-19 00:20:23  
Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Coalition assignments

The Reive assignments usually give pretty weak bayld compared to some others.
Scouts Ergon Locus for Morimar and Foret both give 3.6(I think) and take around 3 minutes to do.
Foret/Morimar for Courier's both give 6k, but they both take much longer.
Mummer's Lost object assignment gives 3.6k, but can take forever if someone else is doing it to.
Inventor's early assignments give around the same bayld as reive, but you'll never have to leave town to complete. Gil cost could add up though.
Not that you shouldn't do reives, but I wouldn't put all my tags in to Pioneer's.
For Skirmish, if you don't want to just buy them, you should try and spend a little time obtaining them through all methods. There's no way that is absolutely best.
edit: guess it is summertime but not sure how I confused Mumor with Mummer's.

I had gotten the impression that you could get more skirmish pieces through harvesting/mining/logging than other ways
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-19 00:26:02  
I might be imagining reading this, but I believe SE said that the "drop" rate for parts was the same for all methods of obtaining them.

It is probably easier to go do your 15 shots a tree or whatever, warp out, and them come back, compared to killing mob after mob, or hoping one drops from some used imprimatur's.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2013-06-19 00:32:52  
Quote:
Gear haste caps at ~26% period.
I know this was a waaaaaaays back but this is slightly misinformative. Gear Haste's actual value caps at 25%, but most gear gives slightly less haste than advertised, thus you need another "1%" to compensate.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-19 00:35:45  
It was confirmed in a JP interview that there's a set number of Skirmish pieces in the game at one time and that each piece is flagged to only be obtained through a certain activity (HELM, reives, pyres, assignments). That would imply that there's no best way to obtain other than doing it all and getting lucky.

I'd just buy them if they're available cause *** that noise.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-06-19 03:34:24  
What's the most tokens anyone's ever done in Nyzul Isle, and how did you go around doing it?
 Siren.Finality
サーバ: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2013-06-20 03:27:24  
Howdy Y'all. I've been AFG for a year, so I have a few questions that may seem kind of silly.

Seekers of Adoulin content isn't accessible on NA PS2? Or merely the expansion pack isn't sold for it?

Are there any recast key items in Seekers of Adoulin like traverser's stones? I ask this because I dbox PC & PS2 and I would like to flag any potential accruing KI with both accounts and then when I get money to buy a 2nd PC I can start dboxing again and be able to actually play the content with both characters.

In the event Seekers content isn't accessible from PS2; can I apply a Seekers PC reg code to my PS2 character?

Lastly, I never got a group together to finish Provenance Watcher before I quit. I heard void clusters work in provenance now, are those Void cluster thingies usable on him? and I've heard his Atmacite and KI are 100% drop without procs, so I can just zerg him down with 5 cluster and am guaranteed both?
How many people would be needed to kill him with 5/5 clusters?

Sorry for the barrage. Many thanks in advance. /bow
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-20 03:36:27  
Well SoA for the PS2 is jp only so either you need to get the Japanese version of the game or upgrade that second char to pc. As for PW yes you can use clusters and you will still need an 18 man alli.
[+]
 Valefor.Megatron
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Megatron 2013-06-20 09:28:11  
Hey all,

I was hoping to get some insight & opinions before I add more mezzotinting augments to my Mikinaak Greaves. After I got these boots I decided to go with the ACC path. I recently did an overhaul of the equip that I use for my TP set on PLD. Currently it looks like this:

ItemSet 305025

The reason I chose the ACC path was because with the addition of the Ares' armor +1 and the new seekers accessories I am given approx +133 ATT but only approx +23 ACC. So my thought process was to do the ACC path since I was already getting a lot of ATT and I felt that I could use some more ACC. (I also use foods but mostly talking about gear stats).

I spoke to a handful of people and some are telling me that I made a good choice with the ACC, while others are saying that I should have went with ATT path. I know arguments can be made for both paths and why either one would be good, but I don't want to use more Airlixirs and then later regret that I should have gone with the ATT path over the ACC path.

So what do you guys think? ACC path or ATT path? Stick with what my instincts told me or am I completely missing something and should be doing the ATT path? Thank you in advance for any info!
By Connavarr 2013-06-20 10:16:34  
It's been years since I've bothered farming feet in Aby, but been trying to help a friend farm her DNC boots. Is there an ideal amber level for this? Usually she caps amber by the time I log on and go to help, she's gotten every pair but DNC to drop. The feet that appears in chests has been few and far between, however.

Help! Tired of vunk -.-
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-20 10:20:33  
Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »
Quote:
I know this was a waaaaaaays back but this is slightly misinformative. Gear Haste's actual value caps at 25%, but most gear gives slightly less haste than advertised, thus you need another "1%" to compensate.

Not hard to get 26% >.>

ALL my DD jobs got it either 26 or more

srly not hard.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-20 10:31:39  
Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »
Quote:

Actually thats the old 75 haste gear all the haste gear from af3+1/2 and above gives slightly more than listed so you only need 25% now.
First Page 2 3 ... 204 205 206 ... 861 862 863