Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 209 210 211 ... 861 862 863
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-07-14 06:41:38  
Was there an update to skill ups? I've been skilling up marksmanship on both my main and mule on mandies in Abyssea-Altepa, where a friend of mine capped his a few weeks ago.

The other night on my main, I got exactly 30 levels in two hours, followed by nothing for 30 minutes. The next night, I was able to skill 29.6 levels in two hours, then nothing for the next 50 minutes before I gave up.

On my mule, I was able to get 30.9 levels in two hours, but then I just stopped for the night. The next night, I got exactly 30 levels, then couldn't get any more skill ups for the next hour. Tonight, I got 30.5 levels and then got no more skill ups for the next 40 minutes before giving up.

Basically, I haven't seen 31+ skill ups in one night yet. I figure it's just bad luck, otherwise the number would be exactly the same each time, but it's getting frustrating using stacks of bolts and food and seeing nothing for an hour, so I wanted to make sure that I'm not missing something.
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-07-14 08:01:08  
"FFXI couldn't reserve memory" or something like that for an error message that caused FFXI to shutdown. (In game error message like when you lose connection to lobby, not a windows error box.)

I thought it was just my computer, but Sav's did it as well. We were AFK in Marjami Ravine while sleeping.

Anyone seen this particular error before?
 Cerberus.Keyoku
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2013-07-14 08:33:00  
I just had the same error, Krizz, while doing a reive in Marjami. Could log right back in after, but no idea what caused it either.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-07-14 08:37:00  
Based on the logs, we were in the middle of a reive as well. Maybe there is some sort of memory error related to the evaluations after being in the zone for a long time. We spent most of yesterday doing reives in the zone.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-07-14 09:33:38  
Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Was there an update to skill ups? I've been skilling up marksmanship on both my main and mule on mandies in Abyssea-Altepa, where a friend of mine capped his a few weeks ago.

The other night on my main, I got exactly 30 levels in two hours, followed by nothing for 30 minutes. The next night, I was able to skill 29.6 levels in two hours, then nothing for the next 50 minutes before I gave up.

On my mule, I was able to get 30.9 levels in two hours, but then I just stopped for the night. The next night, I got exactly 30 levels, then couldn't get any more skill ups for the next hour. Tonight, I got 30.5 levels and then got no more skill ups for the next 40 minutes before giving up.

Basically, I haven't seen 31+ skill ups in one night yet. I figure it's just bad luck, otherwise the number would be exactly the same each time, but it's getting frustrating using stacks of bolts and food and seeing nothing for an hour, so I wanted to make sure that I'm not missing something.

The overall levels of the Abyssea mobs increase/decrease based on the numbers of people killing them (i.e. the rate at which the mandies are cleared by groups of players.) Is it possible that there were fewer people killing them after a while, thus their levels dropped to DC-to-99 or lower on re-spawn (thus slowing skill ups?)
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-07-14 14:26:27  
Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Ragnarok.Flippant said: »

The overall levels of the Abyssea mobs increase/decrease based on the numbers of people killing them (i.e. the rate at which the mandies are cleared by groups of players.) Is it possible that there were fewer people killing them after a while, thus their levels dropped to DC-to-99 or lower on re-spawn (thus slowing skill ups?)

Each time, there was either no one there, a couple people slowly skilling, or someone cleaving. Either way, they would not be able to die fast enough to respawn at higher levels (as cleaving does not raise their level). At first, I thought I was just capping out, but being able to go back the next night with no one there and instantly get decent skill ups seemed very strange.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-07-14 14:36:12  
Are the new Adlivun bullets 50 plasm for a stack or a single?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-07-14 14:38:50  
Single.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-07-14 14:43:45  
Figured, they have it where you can buy them up to a stack at least? Or is it like old school Forbidden Keys where you had to buy one at a time?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-07-14 14:51:22  
You can buy stacks.
 Shiva.Zileonti
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zilleonti
By Shiva.Zileonti 2013-07-14 16:07:46  
Here's a "random question";
How do I do a screenshot on the '360 version?

NVM, I found it in the ingame-manual
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-07-16 05:13:45  
anyone know which bait to use for last part of "don't ever leaf me again" ?
 Shiva.Trixan
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-07-16 13:11:00  
When doing server transfers, does the penalization (90 days unable to transfer again) only apply to the characters that server transferred prior, or does it apply to the entire account? Someone please help me :(
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-07-16 15:53:36  
Can you mule the frontier weapons? (the reive: weapons).

A friend was wanting to buy one for his kid's drg.
 Fenrir.Boomslang
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-07-16 16:16:21  
Shiva.Trixan said: »
When doing server transfers, does the penalization (90 days unable to transfer again) only apply to the characters that server transferred prior, or does it apply to the entire account? Someone please help me :(

Each character.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-07-16 22:08:12  
Has anyone had a chance to try out the bayld-tincture potions from Rienne at the Inventor's Coaltion?

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Rienne

I unlocked a bunch of the Ergon Loci just by doing those Scouts Coalition imprimaturs (land surveys) and was just curious how long they last and how powerful they are. On Fenrir, the vast majority of the Ergon Loci are surveyed quite often and have maxed values (at least up to the current maxima) so I was wondering how good they are, given their 40k bayld price tags.

I would think some of the basic/easily-accessible ones like the HP bonus ones or PDT or MDT or such could take the danger off of tanking Wildskeeper Nakuaals perhaps if the bonus was large enough/lasted long enough?

But for 40k each, hopefully the bonus is both huge and lasts forever (inb4 "that's what she said".) :p
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Rikiyame
サーバ: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2013-07-16 22:30:35  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Can you mule the frontier weapons? (the reive: weapons).

A friend was wanting to buy one for his kid's drg.

I tried with the Ichijintanto and it worked.
[+]
 Shiva.Bailiegrace
user: Bai
By Shiva.Bailiegrace 2013-07-16 22:36:41  
What do I do with the Sheet of E. Adoulinian tunes?
 Bismarck.Davorin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-07-16 22:42:42  
Shiva.Bailiegrace said: »
What do I do with the Sheet of E. Adoulinian tunes?

You need an orchestrion in your MH to play the tunes.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-07-16 23:26:39  
What's the easiest Foret NM for tier 1-3 KI? Or better yet, is there a guide with strats to all the Delve NMs somewhere? Don't see much info on BGWiki.
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-07-16 23:34:32  
the pugil is probably easiest. simple zerg fight.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-17 00:02:13  
3 nicely geared dd, 4 song brd, cor, whm can drop pugil in <5min without 1h

add extra to compensate for 2 song brd, gimp dd, etc

if you're killing too slow, the enspell will get stronger over time and eventually start one shotting people

think all KI besides t6 can be 6manned or less now(have 8boxed all 6 but often had unnecessary chars or fight was laughable), though the gear req is relatively high
By starfish 2013-07-17 11:14:41  
for the omphalos bullet, this is supposed to be used with phantom roles right? what if i use a normal ranged attack by mistake, does it mean i will loose this hard to get bullet? thx
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-07-17 11:18:08  
starfish said: »
for the omphalos bullet, this is supposed to be used with phantom roles right? what if i use a normal ranged attack by mistake, does it mean i will loose this hard to get bullet? thx

I assume you mean it's meant to be used with Quick Draw. Yes. It is QD only. If you use for normal ranged attacks and Weapon skills, you will lose it
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-07-17 11:28:16  
From what I remember reading about those tinctures, the duration was stupid short, just a few minutes or so. Apparently the strength of each is increased or decreased by colonization rate of the area, and intelligence on that loci, but I'm not sure if that increases the duration at all.
This was posted in BG's colonization thread I think, though that's a lot to try and read through.
[+]
By starfish 2013-07-17 11:46:57  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

I assume you mean it's meant to be used with Quick Draw. Yes. It is QD only. If you use for normal ranged attacks and Weapon skills, you will lose it
ye that is what i mean, quick draw.

looks like i must macro sure my macro takes it off , any idea what macro comand can take off ur bullet and put in bag after use? i can't depend on my range attack macro to do it, because i could be running out of ammo then suddenly it will fire off Oo
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-07-17 12:54:00  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

ye that is what i mean, quick draw.

looks like i must macro sure my macro takes it off , any idea what macro comand can take off ur bullet and put in bag after use? i can't depend on my range attack macro to do it, because i could be running out of ammo then suddenly it will fire off Oo

Not sure. Mine doesn't work. I fired the MAB+30 ammo in delve the other night.
By starfish 2013-07-17 15:59:33  
ok so i am working on better set for upheaval. for now the belt i am using is shadow belt, someone today said it only works if i am closing the WS is this true?
First Page 2 3 ... 209 210 211 ... 861 862 863