Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 270 271 272 ... 860 861 862

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-05-11 12:42:49  
Are either of the geo class spells, geo or indi, good for alliance members?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-05-11 12:43:12  
Nope
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-05-11 12:53:32  
I think he's curious if he could get away with SMN/BLM so that they could stun, maybe? One SMN/SCH is sufficient all the way up through VD, though. I've been using WHM/NIN SMN/SCH BRD/WHM RNG/NINx3 and never had a problem killing adds in time despite no backup plan.

As far as SMN/BLM, I've landed nukes in light arts on them more often than not, provided it's the correct element. I think they have 0 m.eva to weak element, but I only have a few stray 'derp, wrong arts' to go off of so I could be very wrong.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-05-12 02:57:21  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I think he's curious if he could get away with SMN/BLM so that they could stun, maybe? One SMN/SCH is sufficient all the way up through VD, though. I've been using WHM/NIN SMN/SCH BRD/WHM RNG/NINx3 and never had a problem killing adds in time despite no backup plan.

As far as SMN/BLM, I've landed nukes in light arts on them more often than not, provided it's the correct element. I think they have 0 m.eva to weak element, but I only have a few stray 'derp, wrong arts' to go off of so I could be very wrong.

Is that setup on VD?

I'm assuming you just have each rng stand in a corner and whm in the other so Great Wheel isn't ever stripping more than 1 chars shadows?

Definitely seems like a viable approach and removes a significant amount of the risk. I have always just done D with 3-4 DD and zerged it down in 90-120 seconds, melees tend to start dropping off fairly quickly if fight goes on much longer.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-05-12 03:07:30  
/BLM was for stunning -ga spells, yeah.
By Ravenn42 2014-05-12 14:45:42  
I threw away My af Sam pants a few years back and now I want to upgrade them. My problem is I can't do the af reset as Sam is not on the list. Is there something I need to do? Maybe I am missing a quest?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-05-12 14:47:12  
Need to have obtained all 5 of your AF equipment and have none of it in your inventory when talking to the AF quest reset NPC (either tossing, using AF claim slip or porter moogle works).
[+]
By Ravenn42 2014-05-12 14:52:09  
OK ty
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-05-12 15:01:12  
Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Is that setup on VD?

I'm assuming you just have each rng stand in a corner and whm in the other so Great Wheel isn't ever stripping more than 1 chars shadows?

Definitely seems like a viable approach and removes a significant amount of the risk. I have always just done D with 3-4 DD and zerged it down in 90-120 seconds, melees tend to start dropping off fairly quickly if fight goes on much longer.
Correct about the corners, there's even enough space to ensure all -ga spells only hit one rng and none of the mages(unless a mage isnt in the mage corner due to having to cast on far rng or reapply songs or whatever)

On D, I use terras/twilight/dring/repulse/pdt iuitl hands/patricius ring/osmium cuisses fulltime for 50% pdt and still cap accuracy with hydra kofte and 2 preludes. Nothing does more than 50% of hp, rngs just quickly gather after a tp move to reapply earthen armor. Would say that given you have 6 attentive players, it's a 100% win without use of 1hs or cheat buffs.

On VD, you need sushi and you still have to sacrifice some of the pdt on top of that. The loss of defense/pdt combined with the higher level creates a one shot risk from great wheel, without a clear solution. I have won VD with the setup, but I've lost far more frequently so I wouldn't call it a solution really.. once one RNG dies you're playing a losing catchup game because it spends less time running around and more time meleeing them. I haven't heard of any other setup winning without cheat buffs, though.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-05-12 15:15:39  
Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »
I have always just done D with 3-4 DD and zerged it down in 90-120 seconds, melees tend to start dropping off fairly quickly if fight goes on much longer.
How threatening is Great Wheel in this kind of setup? Need hybrid sets and/or Mantra? We always used an Utsusemi tank for the fight and when it was down they were in full PDT so not sure how much damage to expect from it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2014-05-12 18:48:40  
Would a mythic SMN be able to down Odin v1 before the 10 minute mark?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-12 18:52:35  
Yeah, and so would a non-mythic SMN
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-13 11:30:16  
I'm installing FFXI on a new pc, but I only have discs up to WotG, where do I download SoA without buying it? Or is it downloaded automatically during update? (which is currently ongoing)
By Pantafernando 2014-05-13 12:01:23  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'm installing FFXI on a new pc, but I only have discs up to WotG, where do I download SoA without buying it? Or is it downloaded automatically during update? (which is currently ongoing)

Its not.
But how did you buy the SoA in your old pc?
I bought mine in amazon, so i have a perma link there where i can download as many times i want (cant provide because it requires my password).

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-13 12:08:55  
Right, I had to dig in my email history. I only thought of looking for it on pol and stuff.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-14 07:47:33  
Someone know an aproximation of mobs average lv in adoulin areas?
Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-14 07:53:56  
Anybody know how to get Mog Garden furrows to rank 5? Everything else is rank 5 but the furrows are only rank 4. I have all KIs from the npc, am I missing anything?
By Zoltar 2014-05-14 10:16:39  
Synergy noob Question:

Does synergy have items you have to make and turn in every 10 levels like other crafts? Or does it just go up without restrictions?

Post deleted by User.
By Zoltar 2014-05-14 13:44:05  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
You can choose to upgrade something like efficiency feeding fewell etc instead at those intervals, no limit break needed

So would a good example be: Pineapple Juice(15 cap), 2x Kazham Pineapples, Water x50. Just spam water fewells until I hit cap?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-05-14 13:54:46  
use earth fewell based synths like silver/gold/platinum leafs so that you can haste yourself and the explosions wont debuff you

Post deleted by User.
By Zoltar 2014-05-14 14:07:21  
Haha wow that seems broken lol

Thanks all for the input!
 Carbuncle.Blazer
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2014-05-14 14:45:43  
Sorry for the question barrage, I haven't played in forever. I'm really thinking about coming back to the game. I've played almost every mmo that's come out, and nothing can hold my attention or captivate me like XI did for the 8 years I played 2004-12.

1. Is there still gear swapping in the game? I've seen a bunch of the new gear and it looks like it's really well rounded with the intention of eliminating gear swaps.

2. How lost would I be having not played since barely into WoTG? Also, how long would it take to get "workable" gear?

3. How difficult is the current end game content? Are there people still doing all the (necessary?) older content?

4. What would a fresh level 1 players experience be like? What's the "path"? I only ask because if I play I'm sure my girlfriend will want to give it a go, and she's never played the game.

5. Is windower still a basic necessity? What addons do people use for it still?

Thanks again guys!
By Pantafernando 2014-05-14 15:06:36  
1. Yes, swap for dmgs just add small margins, but there are still functional swaps (cure to idle, tp to pdt to acc, precast/preshot to shoot, etc);

2. A lot. But you can get good gear faster than ever before in FFXI life. Even the top gear can be achieved in very short time provide you have the right jobs (suport in general like whm, brd) and good connections (people who will let you join to leech wins, common drops etc.);

3. Easier than before. Very few stuffs are so challenging like it was when you talked in legion pre adoulin, AV or PW at 75 cap or even delve before ilv. Nowaday, everything is beaten in few days after release. There is no unbeatable content atm. New gear makes old content soloable in a great part. Very few old content event are done by groups (stuffs like VW, einherjar).

4. It wont be the players interaction like in the past because you wont need party/alliance till you reach high level grinding, and trust system (npc helpers in fight) will reduce even more the need of other people. So the feel, if no ls, will be exactly the same as any offline rpg, just a lot bigger zones, so lots of walking.

5. It helps but not necessary. I use battlemod, the thing to check tp. mp and hp number of allies, to check hp% of NMs, the one to see the distance, send to work with mules, and spellcast if I want to skill afk. Gearswap is widely used, it works to process swaps automatic.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-05-14 15:11:19  
Pantafernando said: »
1. Yes, swap for dmgs just add small margins, but there are still functional swaps (cure to idle, tp to pdt to acc, precast/preshot to shoot, etc);
pre/midcast or pre/midshot on mages and rng respectively are a necessity to be competitive at this point, you lose over 40% of your damage or flexibility by not having them

Quote:
3. Easier than before. Very few stuffs are so challenging like it was when you talked in legion pre adoulin, AV or PW at 75 cap or even delve before ilv. Nowaday, everything is beaten in few days after release. There is no unbeatable content atm. New gear makes old content soloable in a great part. Very few old content event are done by groups (stuffs like VW, einherjar).
would feel safe saying that less than 10 groups have beaten kamlanaut vd(first being over 2 weeks after release and using 14 chars for a 6man bc), haven't heard many reports of ouryu vd, we don't know how hard the current bcs are.. just because most players would rather spam delve(and fail, for the most part) doesn't mean there isn't harder content out..
 Carbuncle.Blazer
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2014-05-14 15:26:19  
Pantafernando said: »

2. A lot. But you can get good gear faster than ever before in FFXI life. Even the top gear can be achieved in very short time provide you have the right jobs (suport in general like whm, brd) and good connections (people who will let you join to leech wins, common drops etc.);

4. It wont be the players interaction like in the past because you wont need party/alliance till you reach high level grinding, and trust system (npc helpers in fight) will reduce even more the need of other people. So the feel, if no ls, will be exactly the same as any offline rpg, just a lot bigger zones, so lots of walking.

5. It helps but not necessary. I use battlemod, the thing to check tp. mp and hp number of allies, to check hp% of NMs, the one to see the distance, send to work with mules, and spellcast if I want to skill afk. Gearswap is widely used, it works to process swaps automatic.

-1. I used to walk around 79/80 with my PLD gear using spellcast. Making macros was a huge part of the game back then, I'm glad to see that gear swapping is still relevant.

-2. Is the content to get this stuff hard to get into though?

-3. 18 people still required for the top stuff?

-4. What exactly is the way to go though? Is it all soloing for exp now?
----

How does one get into the "trust system?" I honestly haven't done any research on it, but if it's needed to low level grind I'm curious as to how effective it would be for a fresh lv 1 char.
First Page 2 3 ... 270 271 272 ... 860 861 862