Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 292 293 294 ... 860 861 862
By Pantafernando 2014-07-10 16:00:10  
Ravenn42 said: »
Pantafernando said: »
With the game how it is now and future plans what would be the best DD relic to invest in? I own a ragnarok but I hardly get to go drk to end game.

Would Anni gun be the best investment? Have any of the relics made big strides since ws update?

Annihilator for dds.

None do relics for dps. They just do relics to:

1. Show off;

2. Uniques (ghorn, aegis);

3. Special effects (enmity issues are solved with annihilator).

If you want a weapon to effectively increase your dps compared with delve weapons, you should do mythics.

I would like to build a mythic but I am not sure my playtime could get me one in a timely manner. I get about 2 hours a night and maybe 1 to 2 days a week. Probably take me 3 months to make the gun. I have not done any of the quests to get mythic so I am not sure how long that would take.

Thats why i said. If you arent doing ghorn, aegis, anni, that are just done by its special characteristics, youre better saving that cash to invest in mythics.

Anni is a decent option, and relic rng are very requisited, and prob still will be for some time.

If you try a mythic with just 2 days a week of effort, should take more than 1 year just to do assaults if you start from scratch, not counting tokens farm. And with just 2 hours per day, just will have enough to do einherjar, assault and some short activity, what would be salvage or cash farming for alex.
By Ravenn42 2014-07-10 16:38:54  
That sounds very tiresome. A year of grinding might cause me to quit unless it is a fun road. I will make the relic gun and go from there. I would like a koga although I do OK with the shark GK.
The 2 mythic I really would like would be tizona or death penalty since blue and cor are my favorite jobs.

I will try to do some assaults see if it is something i can grind without scratching my eyeballs out
By Pantafernando 2014-07-10 16:41:50  
That sounds very tiresome. A year of grinding might cause me to quit unless it is a fun road. I will make the relic gun and go from there. I would like a koga although I do OK with the shark GK.
The 2 mythic I really would like would be tizona or death penalty since blue and cor are my favorite jobs.

I will try to do some assaults see if it is something i can grind without scratching my eyeballs out

Its a *** pain in the *** doing those assaults, einherjar and salvage everyday after some short time.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-10 18:42:16  
Pantafernando said: »
If you want a weapon to effectively increase your dps compared with delve weapons, you should do mythics.

Apoc, Mandau, and Kikoku would beg to differ. You'd be crazy to go mythic > relic for those...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-07-10 18:44:59  
Yeah, except for Apoc and Mandau.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dab
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: deezydabs
By Quetzalcoatl.Dab 2014-07-10 22:55:57  
Does anyone know how to make a script that changes sets within gearswap.

My macro is
Code
/console exec midaccsam.txt

and the txt file I made is
Code
input //gs equip TP.Tsurumaru.MidACC

Doesn't seem to work is this possible? Just dont want to have to type it out everytime ><
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-10 23:15:28  
Quetzalcoatl.Dab said: »
Does anyone know how to make a script that changes sets within gearswap.

My macro is
Code
/console exec midaccsam.txt

and the txt file I made is
Code
input //gs equip TP.Tsurumaru.MidACC

Doesn't seem to work is this possible? Just dont want to have to type it out everytime ><
I'm not sure why you need a script for it when you can just put it directly in a macro like /console gs equip.

But the issue with your script there is that it has a // in it. in a script // indicates a comment. everything after the // on that line is ignored. So all windower is seeing is "input" and nothing after that.

For that matter, input sends a cmd to FFXI itself. But you need to send a cmd to windower, not ffxi. So the initial input is entirely redundant.

Just "gs c equip setname" will work from inside a script. No need for any preface as scripts are sent directly to the console.

btw, was using the tp set there just an example? 'Cause even the simplest GS lua should be equipping your TP gear automatically on engage an aftercast when engaged.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dab
By Quetzalcoatl.Dab 2014-07-10 23:21:39  
I'm not sure why either which is probably why I am asking. Thanks for response and help!
 Quetzalcoatl.Dab
By Quetzalcoatl.Dab 2014-07-10 23:36:37  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
btw, was using the tp set there just an example? 'Cause even the simplest GS lua should be equipping your TP gear automatically on engage an aftercast when engaged.

Yeah I know they equip on engage and after JA's etc , But was more so for PDT,Hybrid set sets also I was fighting a mob that was leveling itself up and noticed my acc went to ***and would like to just switch ACC sets at push of button. Pretty new to gearswap and scripts really only ever used spellcast. Tried the direct macro one /console gs equip setname didn't seem to work for me ><
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-11 00:42:53  
Rather than putting a set in a macro, most lua use a self_command that triggers the equip swap. And a similar cmd is used to toggle what acc level is being used.

For example, if your pdt cmd was "pdt", then a macro with "/console gs c pdt" would trigger the PDT swap.

Note that gearswap is case sensitive. So you need to match the set name exactly when using an equip command.

Is TP.Tsurumaru.MidACC the exact set name in your .lua? Usually most set names go sets.xxx.xxx etc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-11 00:50:49  
Can I make, or is there a way/different program than gear collector work without using gearswap or spellcast?

I'd just love it if I could change jobs and not have to change out 40 pieces of gear.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-11 01:08:12  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Can I make, or is there a way/different program than gear collector work without using gearswap or spellcast?

I'd just love it if I could change jobs and not have to change out 40 pieces of gear.
Gear Collector just requires an XML format gear list. It doesn't actually require you to use spellcast or gearswap.

However, gear swap can spit out an xml formatted list of your inventory instantly. Making it a very convenient way of making your gearcollector list.

Just load gearswap, and type in //gs export inventory xml. this will create the .xml file with all the gear currently in your inv. located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\addons\GearSwap\data\export

Now, I think gearcollector uses the spellcast folder as it's default directory. There might be a way to make it look else where, but I don't know it. Simplest thing to do is just make a spellcast folder in your plugins folder(assuming you don't have one already.) Then toss your exported .xml in there, and rename it something short and convenient.

After that, load gearcollector, and do //gc yourjobxmlname . and it should start grabbing all the gear in your list.
 Shiva.Devrom
サーバ: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-11 14:34:23  
i just finished updating the game on my old laptop but it seems like the SoA files didn't get downloaded and the game doesn't recognize that I own SoA >.< How to fix this? Any ideas?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-11 14:48:17  
Shiva.Devrom said: »
i just finished updating the game on my old laptop but it seems like the SoA files didn't get downloaded and the game doesn't recognize that I own SoA >.< How to fix this? Any ideas?
SOA had to be separately installed. I think there's a couple sources around that you could use to download it but I wasn't able to find any on a cursory glance. If I find mine, I'll try to host it.
 Shiva.Devrom
サーバ: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-11 14:50:25  
When I bought it, the game only made an update and it was ready to use. Why should I need to install separately now?

edit: actually I might have bought it from SE store but still can't remember installing it separately... selective amnesia?

edit: nevermind, it looks like i got it from another store and i can still download it from there. oh well stupid me XD
 Leviathan.Krysten
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-12 03:55:15  
ok so campign battle ppl are saying if throne room is taken we cant do fiat lux is this true?? how does it all work?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-12 04:25:02  
you need all of the northlands and whichever nation owns them must also have their entire sphere under their control (besides beastmen fort)
 Leviathan.Krysten
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-12 05:18:52  
what if throne room is taken? is fiat lux still open?
By Davorin 2014-07-12 11:00:12  
Leviathan.Krysten said: »
what if throne room is taken? is fiat lux still open?

Throne Room (S) is a battlefield zone without a campaign battle. I don't think anyone can take the zone w/o doing Fiat Lux, if it is even possible for another nation to claim Throne Room (S).

Quote:
Though a campaign zone, no campaign battles can be fought here. The only way to gain influence is to slay the Shadow Lord in battle.
Source.
 Sylph.Limlight
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-07-12 13:32:17  
how tough is arch omega? I never finished 2 pieces and I'm wondering if it's duo/trio friendly?
By fractalvoid 2014-07-12 13:35:47  
Sylph.Limlight said: »
how tough is arch omega? I never finished 2 pieces and I'm wondering if it's duo/trio friendly?

Did it with mnk,whm,blu,drk after Adoulin but before ilvl. It's pretty easy now. Bet a few jobs could solo it (blu, sch, rdm, run(?) and maybe pld depending on sub)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-07-12 13:45:36  
SMN can solo it fairly easily.
By Xijaah 2014-07-12 16:15:56  
If i reforge one relic item before i augment it through magian trials (gather exp in dynamis), does it mean it can never be augmented again?
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-07-12 16:23:58  
No. If you reforge relic without the augment you'll gain it with the 109 version.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-13 04:12:12  
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
So without considering fame from my understanding its roughly 20 Impropawhatists "tasks" for said coalition - coalition rank up? (Granted you are doing the most current rank of missions). Now what if you use 3 charges for one missions i.e. "Clearing the way" does that count as 3 missions towards the 20 or a single one since you only did the task "once" ?

The number of imprimateurs spent is the factor that decides the rank up, not the number of tasks done.

Using 3 imprimateurs in a single quest is just to reduce your time doing coalition quests while doing quests with just one imprimateur will increase your exp/bayld received, also its a very important fact to consider when your powerleveling.

When i do courier quest with a lv 1 char, the exp to next level normally is pretty short compared with exp received in higher rank quest. Kamihr is 4500 exp per imprimateur. If you use 3, you should earn around 10k exp, but you cant level more than once with quests exp, so the actual amount of exp you recieve is always 1lv+ exp tnl -1 exp.

So, if you spent 15 imprimateurs in courier with a lv1 job, you max lv you gonna reach is 16 if using 1 imprimateur per quest, and 6 if you use 3 imprimateur per quest. Either way, you progressed 15 imprimateur for next rank up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2014-07-13 20:33:21  
Not sure how many people out there still dual box, but I'm having some difficulty utilizing the built-in Send add-on with simple windower scripts which I use in lieu of vanilla macros until I have the fortitude and patience to delve into Gearswap and/or Spellcast.

Particularly I cannot seem to make aliases work in conjunction with Send commands. For example, if I wanted to make player B dance from player A's instance, I should be able to accomplish that by loading a script with the following code:
Code
alias Dance input //send PlayerB /dance4;

or
Code
alias Dance input /console input send PlayerB /dance4;

Of course followed by "//dance" on Player A's chat log.

However, I have had little to no luck even with additional and removal of backslashes therein. What am I doing wrong? Can this even be done? Or should I just begin studying Gearswap already? :(
By Artemicion 2014-07-13 23:52:21  
Bump for the desperate?
First Page 2 3 ... 292 293 294 ... 860 861 862