Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 382 383 384 ... 861 862 863
 Siren.Finality
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2015-08-08 13:36:27  
I've already read the wiki article on monster rearing and I was wondering if anyone had advice that's more specific.

I have my Adamantoise at 1 1/2 filled stars and was wondering, when is the absolute best time to trade any evolution food. Wiki says 2+ filled stars, but I'm wondering if waiting longer is better? Red Pondweeds aren't exactly common.

Also, if I get the squirms message does that mean he 100% will evolve into the one that I want? or is it still a chance?
 Asura.Vinedrius
サーバ: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-08 13:58:15  
Siren.Finality said: »
I've already read the wiki article on monster rearing and I was wondering if anyone had advice that's more specific.

I have my Adamantoise at 1 1/2 filled stars and was wondering, when is the absolute best time to trade any evolution food. Wiki says 2+ filled stars, but I'm wondering if waiting longer is better? Red Pondweeds aren't exactly common.

Also, if I get the squirms message does that mean he 100% will evolve into the one that I want? or is it still a chance?

Quote from wiki: "A monster at 1.5 stars of growth will "squirm uncontrollably" if you feed it a specific food. This will randomly cause it to evolve immediately after zoning."

Btw, if you want to get a CP bonus memento, you can get Limascabra one instead. It gives 3% xp bonus on top of 5% cp bonus and is easier to get.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-08 14:05:44  
Adamantoise is different from the others. Blue Pondweed (for Great Adamantoise) will work at 1.5 stars, where Red Pondweed works at 2.5 stars (Genbu).

Squirm success rate varies by monster. From what we've observed, rarer squirm foods (like pondweeds) seem to has them to grow up with 1 feeding, whereas more common foods (like potions) take a bunch of tries usually.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-08 15:06:40  
Do I need to keep geomancy/handbell skill+ and geomancy+ gear on for more potency after cast?
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-08-08 16:09:34  
potency generally will be in midcast only, however the answer i think youre looking for isnt that simple. the equipment youre referring to is the handbell (at least) and the skill + gear. all of them need only be equiped during midcast to take effect. the handbell with +5 geomancy also has the loupan pdt which you would keep on after the fact simply because of that. so since the +5 geomancy coincides with that, you would keep all equipment with geomancy + on it that has lasting benifits to the loupan on after cast, but not the equipment with skill/geomancy alone after cast. it wont effect your spells to swap it out for say a tathlum for nukes. the skill works the same way in that it works in midcast, just since there are less reasons to keep that equipment on i see how the confusion might arise.
 Siren.Finality
サーバ: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2015-08-08 18:00:04  
Thank you very much for the responses. I'm trying for the Auto-Regen+1 trait not the CP+5%, although that is a nice bonus.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-09 04:20:07  
Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
all of them need only be equiped during midcast to take effect.

Thanks, that was the only part I needed to know :P
------------------------------------------------------------

If I send something to one of my character from another one under the same account and move the recipient character to another server before I take them out of dbox, will I see them again in dbox in the new server?
 Asura.Akamatzu
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2015-08-09 10:27:56  
Has the Pells been sent out already?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-08-09 10:43:20  
Asura.Akamatzu said: »
Has the Pells been sent out already?

they haven't announced when they're sending them out yet
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-09 18:37:44  
Does anyone know the deal with Windurst mission 2-2? It challenges you to kill 30 monsters, I've killed 70 and it claims I've only killed 23.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-10 02:10:25  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Does anyone know the deal with Windurst mission 2-2? It challenges you to kill 30 monsters, I've killed 70 and it claims I've only killed 23.

You have 1 hour to kill 30 monsters. You must have killed only 23 in that time frame or some weird hidden rules might have applied such as not taking certain monster types into account (this is SE, so you never know). Also make sure you kill exactly 30 because the NPC can randomly tell you to start over if you kill any more than that.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-08-10 04:59:33  
anyone have a idea about augment on Amalric Body ?
I wanna know if one of the four augment can be a convert to mp damage (i hope so much).

Thks in advance
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-10 05:48:06  
Havent see a single piece of information on any Amalric piece Augments yet.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-10 06:53:45  
Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »

You have 1 hour to kill 30 monsters. You must have killed only 23 in that time frame or some weird hidden rules might have applied such as not taking certain monster types into account (this is SE, so you never know). Also make sure you kill exactly 30 because the NPC can randomly tell you to start over if you kill any more than that.
It's really bizarre so I made a bug report on the OF, this is bascially what happened as I worded it on the OF.

The mission requires 30 kills in Tahrongi Canyon, I killed 30 Moreno-Toreno claimed I killed 12 with 20 hours remaining.

I went back and killed 20, Moreno-Toreno claimed I had now killed 16 with 16 hours remaining.

I went back and killed another 20, Moreno-Toreno claimed I had now killed 23 with 9 hours remaining.

I went back and killed another 20, Moreno-Toreno claimed I had now killed 3 with 5 hours remaining.

At this point I stopped trying to do the mission.

Upon talking to the npc, he then took back the doll and told me I had killed 96 enemies which seems to be the accurate number but all the numbers recorded before then were incorrect.

After that I actually completed the mission.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-10 12:59:30  
That sounds pretty messed up o.O Spaghetti code strikes again!
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-08-10 19:34:10  
I"m not sure where to put this information, but I just got a facility ring from a regular brown casket (not the "ornate" brown casket)

I've heard rumors that they only drop from the ornate caskets, so I wanted to say that's wrong
 Cerberus.Keeo
By Cerberus.Keeo 2015-08-11 07:26:22  
Hi guys returning after a long break and I was looking at the reforged sets. specifically the reforged relic sets.

I am a little unclear about the augment from +2 items, to start with it looked like you lost the augment but after more searching it seems you don't. Do you have to upgrade a augmented +2 piece to get the augment or does any upgrade work.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-11 07:28:40  
Cerberus.Keeo said: »
Hi guys returning after a long break and I was looking at the reforged sets. specifically the reforged relic sets.

I am a little unclear about the augment from +2 items, to start with it looked like you lost the augment but after more searching it seems you don't. Do you have to upgrade a augmented +2 piece to get the augment or does any upgrade work.

The 109/119 versions of relic keep the augments, they just still show as augments, and not in the base description.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-11 07:30:17  
There will be a separate page for augments, you use the + button to see it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Keeo
By Cerberus.Keeo 2015-08-11 07:36:05  
ok thanks :D
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-11 07:42:23  
Can someone help find all "monster hats" currently existing? Excluding beastmen..

Chocobo
Bomb
Worm
Morbol
Ahriman
Mandy
Leafkin
Rabbit
Behemoth

is there anyone else I am missing?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-11 08:08:55  
Poroggo, but that's a coat, not strictly a hat.
Missing the Flan one as well.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-11 09:00:04  
Are we talking event rewards or just in general?

There's various tiger style masks and the qiqirn hood, not sure what else.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-08-12 09:02:33  
Best camp to farm conquest points or imperial standing(with voiddust as the ultimate goal) in a party? I was thinking 75 sync at colibri, but after killing a couple mobs to check it out, I realized the lack of ilevel makes VT-IT mobs at 75 much lower xp than VT-IT mobs at i119. With respawn times, rate was pretty underwhelming.

Looking at Escha next since I realized signet applies there, does it grant conquest points? I didn't want to go there due to frequent competition for mobs, but it might be the best option if so.

Is there any other camp in signet/sanction areas that has mobs for a party of 119s to exp on?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-08-12 10:01:56  
Cant you get IS and CP with sparks or was that tokens? I forget.
By Draylo 2015-08-12 10:27:04  
Anyone have a link to new music they used for trailer (assuming thats the one that was downloaded) or a way to listen to it?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-08-12 10:30:40  
Don't think you can convert Sparks to CP/IS/AN directly, Copper Vouchers are worth 1k each but can't be farmed indefinitely.

Don't think there are any xp party ready iLvl monsters in any pre-SoA zones. Escha probably your only option.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-08-12 10:39:50  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Can someone help find all "monster hats" currently existing? Excluding beastmen..

Chocobo
Bomb
Worm
Morbol
Ahriman
Mandy
Leafkin
Rabbit
Behemoth

is there anyone else I am missing?

There is the sheep cap and the other buffalo cap and their +1 versions. Carbie cap may not qualify as a monster cap, but it's kind of related maybe and resembles the other styles more than the Cait Sith hat.

In addition to the mandragora masque there is also the lycopodium masque, too I think. On that subject, while Moogle is not an enemy monster or beastman (at least in FFXI no?) there are the two moogle masque and green moogle masque items (orange and green antennae, respectively.)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-12 10:42:59  
I am eagerly awaiting news on how to obtain Carbie cap, even though it didn't count for my question!

Totally missed sheep though.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-12 20:05:43  
Anyone know what can make the chat logs automatically erase themselves whenever they get enough in it to fill up a single expanded log?

Just upgraded to Windows 10, if that makes any difference.
First Page 2 3 ... 382 383 384 ... 861 862 863