Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 383 384 385 ... 861 862 863

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-12 21:26:36  
Ragnarok.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Anyone know what can make the chat logs automatically erase themselves whenever they get enough in it to fill up a single expanded log? Just upgraded to Windows 10, if that makes any difference.
do you use .txt file chat logs with windower?

Logger? Yes. But I did before I updated to Windows 10, I didn't have this issue.
 Diabolos.Distrusive
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Distrusive 2015-08-13 00:15:53  
Is there a way to see if I've already cleared a RoE objective to get the first time bonus? This is mostly for the ones that give the capacity point bonuses. I know there is the (!) next to some that show that I haven't taken them. I just can't remember if I like accepted and then got rid of the RoE, clearing the (!) from the bullet.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Diabolos.Distrusive
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Distrusive 2015-08-13 00:21:06  
Bahamut.Josiahfk said: »
Diabolos.Distrusive said: »
Is there a way to see if I've already cleared a RoE objective to get the first time bonus? This is mostly for the ones that give the capacity point bonuses. I know there is the (!) next to some that show that I haven't taken them. I just can't remember if I like accepted and then got rid of the RoE, clearing the (!) from the bullet.
! does not mean it "hasn't been taken" it means it has never been completed.

Thank you so much!!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-13 13:23:34  
Each hit gets a 0.1 bonus for each piece of gear. For Evisceration, if you're wearing the belt and gorget, that'll be +0.2 per hit, which would usually be around 6 hits since it's including your off-hand as well. These WSs are the ones where using multi-attacks/Aftermath 3 can help considerably.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-08-13 14:15:35  
Ragnarok.Josiahfk said: »
Anyone know what can make the chat logs automatically erase themselves whenever they get enough in it to fill up a single expanded log? Just upgraded to Windows 10, if that makes any difference.
do you use .txt file chat logs with windower?

Logger? Yes. But I did before I updated to Windows 10, I didn't have this issue.
I have this issue occasionally when dualboxing, I was told it was something to do with windower but beyond that I don't know.
By Vectivus 2015-08-13 21:57:03  
Hi, i just returned to ffxi from a break since February. I still am on chapter 1 of seekers of adoulin and i really want to finish it. My question is this, am i able to solo it like i did with the RoV missions ? My main job is pld and i just acquired the ability to summon 5 trusts.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2015-08-14 00:57:56  
Just came back. Is there any way to turn off the map popping up when you use the home point teles?
 Valefor.Seranos
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-08-14 07:40:39  
Anyone have a rough estimate on the time it takes to go through SoA missions from start to finish?

I feel like I've been playing catch-up for a while and just need to get this done.
 Asura.Vinedrius
サーバ: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-15 07:03:19  
Is lapidary tunic good for any scenario? Stats on it look so random to me...
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-15 07:12:28  
Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Is lapidary tunic good for any scenario? Stats on it look so random to me...

Lockstyle
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-08-15 07:31:50  
Valefor.Seranos said: »
Anyone have a rough estimate on the time it takes to go through SoA missions from start to finish?

I feel like I've been playing catch-up for a while and just need to get this done.
With no trouble on any of the BCs, it took me about 18 hours of gameplay. You could probably reduce the playtime significantly if you did other things during the game day waits as there are quite a few.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-15 08:30:42  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Valefor.Seranos said: »

With no trouble on any of the BCs, it took me about 18 hours of gameplay. You could probably reduce the playtime significantly if you did other things during the game day waits as there are quite a few.

With being able to call 5 trusts now, what is the best 5 trust set up to do the vast majority of these?
 Bahamut.Darksouls
サーバ: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-08-15 12:06:54  
rockfin soup that is
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-15 16:46:01  
Using Ds4 and Ps4 controller. Any way to improve the responsiveness?
Not even using Bluetooth. Usb and 1~2 sec lag at times.
By Zeak 2015-08-15 23:35:57  
Vectivus said: »
Hi, i just returned to ffxi from a break since February. I still am on chapter 1 of seekers of adoulin and i really want to finish it. My question is this, am i able to solo it like i did with the RoV missions ? My main job is pld and i just acquired the ability to summon 5 trusts.

With being able to call 5 trusts now, what is the best 5 trust set up to do the vast majority of these?

I just completed the Adoulin storyline this week, and yes, it is all soloable with the correct trust set-ups. The majority of the fights are push-overs; you can just zerg through them with a typical DD job and let Amchuchu/Gessho tank. I just melee'd on COR and would solo multi-step SC to take down most bosses in a couple minutes. When you get to the Mission "Yggdrasil Beckons", you might wanna drop tank Trust and come on a job that can hold hate and has good survivability. I used RUN on the rest of the Missions, but I imagine PLD, DNC, or BLU are just as good.

The Trust you use for these fights are pretty typical: Apururu/Kupipi for healing, Koru-Moru, Jaochim and Ulmia for support, and Ayame/Tenzen II to open Skillchains for you, if needed. To be a little more specific on the harder fights without any spoilers, Ayame is viable in every fight except the very last battle "Abomination". That fight is very AoE heavy, so you're better off using Tenzen II, who will stay safely out of range and use his Namas Arrow Light/Distortion ranged WS. The other fights aren't too bad so long as you make the mob face away from all your allies, as many attacks are conal/target based. Perhaps the only other change you can make is using two healer Trust in the "Poison fight" of "Yggdrasil Beckons", as a safety net for the massive poison damage. I just used Cherukkiki in place of Ulmia, and that kept me healthy

I can go into further detail if needed, but I was able to beat all these battles first try with no issues, so I don't think it'll be necessary. It's not like an endgame battle where the threat of a OHKO is always present, so there's really no danger in any of these fights so long as you keep your support away from danger.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-16 00:09:41  
Zeak said: »
Vectivus said: »

I just completed the Adoulin storyline this week, and yes, it is all soloable with the correct trust set-ups. The majority of the fights are push-overs; you can just zerg through them with a typical DD job and let Amchuchu/Gessho tank. I just melee'd on COR and would solo multi-step SC to take down most bosses in a couple minutes. When you get to the Mission "Yggdrasil Beckons", you might wanna drop tank Trust and come on a job that can hold hate and has good survivability. I used RUN on the rest of the Missions, but I imagine PLD, DNC, or BLU are just as good.

The Trust you use for these fights are pretty typical: Apururu/Kupipi for healing, Koru-Moru, Jaochim and Ulmia for support, and Ayame/Tenzen II to open Skillchains for you, if needed. To be a little more specific on the harder fights without any spoilers, Ayame is viable in every fight except the very last battle "Abomination". That fight is very AoE heavy, so you're better off using Tenzen II, who will stay safely out of range and use his Namas Arrow Light/Distortion ranged WS. The other fights aren't too bad so long as you make the mob face away from all your allies, as many attacks are conal/target based. Perhaps the only other change you can make is using two healer Trust in the "Poison fight" of "Yggdrasil Beckons", as a safety net for the massive poison damage. I just used Cherukkiki in place of Ulmia, and that kept me healthy

I can go into further detail if needed, but I was able to beat all these battles first try with no issues, so I don't think it'll be necessary. It's not like an endgame battle where the threat of a OHKO is always present, so there's really no danger in any of these fights so long as you keep your support away from danger.

Thanks for the detailed walk-thru. The main jobs I have seem to fit well in what you described. Thank you.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-16 22:59:09  
Ok, I have a question.

If I delete a character on my main account, can I create a new character on my alt account using the same character name?

I'm sure the answer is 'no', but I just want to be sure.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-16 23:01:46  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Ok, I have a question.

If I delete a character on my main account, can I create a new character on my alt account using the same character name?

I'm sure the answer is 'no', but I just want to be sure.

I deleted my original character and was able to make a new one with the same name on the same server a few years later. No idea how long they hold character info. It might not even be a set amount of time, just whenever they need to purge for space.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-08-19 13:39:12  
Been gone for a bit, and was curious to how people are effectively leveling lower jobs these days, especially with the double exp in effect.

Got 28 PUP / 49 NIN / 50 SAM, so not quite sure where to go, and was curious if maybe Escha-Zitah is a good option? Or are there better choices?
 Shiva.Carrelo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2015-08-19 13:46:56  
Bahamut.Josiahfk said: »
! does not mean it "hasn't been taken" it means it has never been completed.

Thank you so much!!
Tangent to this question: if you completed a RoE objective--one of the Wildskeeper Reives, for instance--before they added the CP bonus, do you have to complete it again or is the bonus retroactively applied?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-19 13:56:58  
Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Been gone for a bit, and was curious to how people are effectively leveling lower jobs these days, especially with the double exp in effect.

Got 28 PUP / 49 NIN / 50 SAM, so not quite sure where to go, and was curious if maybe Escha-Zitah is a good option? Or are there better choices?
Tagging along with someone who's cleaving in Escha would definitely be the fastest way to level, but it's still fairly quick to simply level normally using trusts. It's been a long time so I forget where a good camp would be, but ideally you'd want to be fighting Even Match-Decent Challenge enemies to maintain chains. Also bear in mind that each KI you acquire in Rhapsodies will net you another permanent +30% exp bonus, I'd advise getting those before doing any long-term grinding.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 383 384 385 ... 861 862 863